The Beginning

You and I

12 years before: Year 2005: Yoona's 18th birthday party.

Strobe lighs beaming.  Disco ball glowing.  Music blearing.  The dance floor is packed with teenagers jumping and dancing to Beyonce's "Crazy In Love".  Drinks pouring.  Shots taken.

Yoona and TaeCyeon were at the counter, taking tequila shots.  Yoona winced at the after taste, shaking her hand for the lime slice.  TaeCyeon quickly shoved his lime piece into and laughed at her squinted face.

"Ahhh!!! Disgusting, yet so good!"  Yoona shouted.

They laughed and took more shots.  After the last one, Yoona stood up on the bar counter and put her hands up in the air.

"18 SHOTS!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, EVERYBODY!!!!"  she shouted.

Everyone cheered and shouted "happy birthday" to her.  TaeCyeon watched in amazement as she gave them a very tipsy bow and blew kisses at the crowd.  She wobbled and held her hands out to keep her balance.  She motioned for TaeCyeon to help her down.  He grabbed her waist and hoisted her down to her seat.

She laughed and clapped her hands.  She poured a drink for her and TaeCyeon.

"And another one for good luck!" she said, handing the overfilled glass to him.

"Whoa, hold on, birthday girl.  I think you're done for the night."  he said, pushing it away from them.

Yoona swatted his hand away and held up one finger to him.

"Just ooooooooonnnne more, TaeCyeon!  Pleeeeeeasse!"  she plead and pouted.  "It's for good luck!!!"

He rolled his eyes and lifted up his finger.

"One more."  he said, with his pointer finger right next to hers.

"Yay!!"  she squealed.  She grabbed the drinks and handed one to him and herself.  

She held up the drink and proposed a toast.

"Happy birthday to me, obviously, and a toast to you, my very, very, VERY best friend."  she slurred out.

The glasses clinked and they downed the drink, finishing with a deep exhale.

Yoona giggled in excitement for finishing another drink.  TaeCyeon's laugh slowed down as Yoona pressed her forehead against his.

He gently brushed her hair back behind her ears and touched her cheek.  

Yoona looked into his eyes and he into hers.  

TaeCyeon leaned in and kissed her.  Yoona was taken aback by his sudden action.  

After a few seconds, he pulled back and watched for her response.  She just stared back at him.  

She leans in and so does TaeCyeon.  

Just a few more centimeters.

"Ahh!"

Yoona faceplanted onto the ground, as her stool slipped from under her.  The room began spinning, the music was becoming louder and fuzzier, and the people were dancing on the walls.

TaeCyeon quickly goes to her aid.

"Yoona!  Are you okay?!"  he shouted.

"Ow..."  she winced, as her vision of TaeCyeon becomes fuzzy to black.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

*DING DONG*

Mrs. Im quickly rushed to her front door, finding TaeCyeon standing there carrying a brown paper bag in each arm.

"Good morning, Mrs. Im."  he greeted Yoona's mom.

"Oh, good morning, TaeCyeon.  Come on in!"  she said, inviting him in.

TaeCyeon stepped into the modern home of Yoona's.  There were always freshly picked flowers from Yoona's backyard garden on the side table by the coat room, and Mrs. Im made sure the local newspaper was always by the door for Mr. Im to take with him to work.

"I'm assuming you're looking for Yoona?"  Mrs. Im asked, heading back to the kitchen.

TaeCyeon followed and placed his bag on the kitchen island.

"Yes, is she up yet?"  he asked, pulling out the fresh vegetables from one of the brown bags.

"Seeing how it's already 10 A.M., I'm going to say 'no'."  she said.  "Oh, those veggies look great!  Tell your mom, 'thanks'.  Must've have a great night last night, I presume?"

TaeCyeon thought back to their kiss, how the taste of her strawberry lip gloss on her soft lips overpowered the many shots taken that night.

"Indeed."  he answered back.  "I brought Yoona a...'get well' kit.  Can I go upstairs?"

"Go ahead."  she motioned, knowing the true meaning behind the "get well" kit.  

"Thank you, Mama Im."  he smiled.

As TaeCyeon got closer to Yoona's room, he can hear Yoona groaning and gagging.  He quietly tapped on the door.

"What..."  said a groggy voice.

He peeked his head in.  Yoona had her blanket over her head with an icepack on her forehead and over her eyes.  Her curtains were shut to keep the bright morning sunrays from coming in.  Her room was a mess with piles of clothes and shoes all over the bedroom floor, probably from last night.  

"Good morning, sleeping beauty."  he sang in a semi-soft voice.

Yoona slightly moved the blanket down, enough to only see her eyes.  TaeCyeon chuckled as he saw her eyes with last night's party makeup still caked on her.

"Shut up."  she said, covering her face again.

He finally let out his laughter and walked into her room.  She adjusted her position so TaeCyeon could sit on her bed.  

"Yah, how you feeling?  Hungover?"  he asked.

Yoona groaned and finally pulled the blanket off her face.  She was still in her birthday dress, along with her birthday makeup and hair.

"No, just feel like crap."  she said.  "Not throwing-up-head-spinning hungover.  Like, I-feel-like-I-fell-on-my-face crappy."

TaeCyeon laughed and pulled out his hangover kit.

"I brought reinforcement: my infamous chicken noodle soup, grape-flavored Gatorade, saltine crackers, and last but not least, rainbow serbert ice cream."  he listed off.

"Thanks."  she said, wiping her makeup off.  "I'll eat it later."

TaeCyeon nodded and placed the food on her desk.  Yoona tossed her wipe in the trash can and went back under her blanket.  

TaeCyeon wanted to ask her if she remembered anything from last night, like their kiss.  

"So, did you have fun last night?"  he asked.  

"Ugh, I wish I knew."  she groaned.

"What do you mean?  You out?!"  he asked, surprised.

Another groan was heard, followed by a few tosses and turns.  Yoona pulled her head out again with a sad and disappointed look on her face.

"Yeah..."  she mumbled.  "I don't remember a single thing after the third shot, probably."

"Oh..."  TaeCyeon said, timidly.  

"Did anything embarrassing happen to me or did I do anything embarrassing?"  she asked.

TaeCyeon hesitated on whether or not he should tell her about their kiss.  They've been friends for so long that he wasn't sure if tell her about it would ruin their relationship or not.  He heard a gasp and turned towards a now frightened Yoona.

"Oh, no!  I did, didn't I?"  she asked.  "Oh my god, I made out with someone!  Someone with a girlfriend!  Oh, my god!"

She stuffed her face in her pillow, repeating "Oh, my god, oh, my god," over and over again.  

"No!  No, no, no, no, no!  You didn't!  Trust me!"  he quickly told her.  "You didn't make out with anyone."

She turned back to him.

"Really?  Are you sure?"  she asked.

"Positive."  he assured her.

She let out a big sigh of relief and layed back on her back.

"Thank goodness."  she said, placing the ice pack back on her head. 

The kiss was still itching its way to the surface of TaeCyeon's mouth.  

If she doesn't remember anything, that means she doesn't know about the kiss then.  Right?  he thought to himself.

"TaeCyeon-ah."

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Yoona, who seemed to be confused at the moment.

"What?  You say something?"  he asked.

"I asked if there is something that happened."  she said.

"No, nothing important."  he said.  "Other than you falling on your face, nothing important."

Yoona smirked and smacked his arm with her ice pack.

"Oh, okay, not funny."  he chuckled.

Yoona covered back her eyes.

"Ugh, I think it's best to not remember anything."  she suggested.  "As long as I didn't do anything embarrassing to myself or anybody and I had fun, I don't need to know anything else."

TaeCyeon nodded hesitantly.  He wasn't sure if he was relieved or disappointed.


  A   U   T   H   O   R   '   S      N   O   T   E   :

Chapter 1: Done!  I've been so hesitant on this story because i have so many different storylines that I want to include in this but I will just save them for other characters. Hahaha writer's block has hit me hard.  I want to write more, but I don't want to write.  Hahaha I wish I had a minion to just jot down my thoughts 24/7.  Life would be so much easier, right?  LOL  anywhoo, here's the beginning story.  I hope you enjoyed it.  Please leave your thoughts and I'll get back to you with chapter 2 as soon as possible.  Thanks!!

 

much luvv ♡♡