120114

Last January
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 January 2014

Kyungsoo just kept saying thank you numerous time as people congratulate him on his birthday. He didn't even know all this people; who probably came here for business, he had never asked for this party either. He only attended to this birthday party that his father had thrown for him is because he was forced to. And also for the sake of company that he will inherit later on in the future. Moreover, he wanted to fix his current bad relationship with his father. So here he stood, with a forced smile and a face that showed no interest at all.

Kyungsoo's eyes wandered; searching for that familiar figure. But deep in his heart, he knew that Jongin wouldn't come. After that big fight they had. After Jongin told him that he would propose to Yura. After Jongin told him that he had fallen in love with Yura. Maybe it would be much better if it was someone else... But it was Yura. His little sister.

And the worst part was that a part of him still hope that Jongin will come. A part of him still miss Jongin's presence. A part of him still miss that sweet smile. His gentle touch. His tan skin. Kyungsoo also miss the smell of alcohol that lingered from Jongin's lips everytime he got drunk.

"Kyungsoo oppa." a cheerful voice called his name.

Before he turned his back to see who called his name, he already knew to whom that voice belong--Yura. Someone that he wanted to avoid the most at this moment.

"Happy birthday, oppa. Saranghae." Yura said while giving him a hug.

"Nado saranghae." Kyungsoo forced a smile one more time. And he felt bad for it, how can he hate his own sister? Even just a little? What kind of brother is he? That question irritated him.

"Where's Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked as he saw that Yura came alone.

"Hmm.. he said that he had something important... anyway, oppa I have something to tell you." Yura said as blood rushed to her cheeks and tinted them with the perfect shade of red.

"What is it?"

Kyungsoo already knew at that moment whatever Yura will be saying, would break his heart into a million little pieces. And he was right.

The moment when Yura said with full excitement.

"Jongin proposed to me last night and we will get married soon."

That was the moment when his heart felt like it was taken away. He could feel as if the world just stopped for him and with all people that surrounded him; he felt emptiness and... nothing. It felt like he had been locked up in the bell jar and there's nothing he do that could break the bell jar. He was trapped with the pain that he couldn't handle, a broken heart was better because it can be mended but his heart... it's empty. It was not broken anymore; it's already empty.

"Oppa, are you listening to me?" Yura's eyes bored into Kyungsoo's.

Kyungsoo looked back to Yura, struggling to find the right word to say, he really wanted to say he was happy for her... but his words became stiff in his mouth.

"Oppa?" Yura squeezed Kyungsoo's hand.

"I need to go to the restroom. Talk to you later, okay?" Kyungsoo gave her a weak smile and before Yura could reply, he was already running half way towards the exit door.

"Where are you going, Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo met his dad near the exit door.

"I need to use restroom, dad."

"Hold your horses, the party will be starting very soon." his father stated.

And with that he could hear the voice of the MC speaking.

"Ladies and gentlemen, now it's time for the birthday boy to blow the candles."

Kyungsoo sighed before walking slowly towards the center of the room with everyone eyeing every step that he took.

"Control yourself, Kyungsoo.", He murmured to himself when his legs become limp. When he reached the big cake with 20 candles on it, the lights became dim and everyone started to sing.

"Happy birthday to you"

"Happy birthd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter