Chapter 5

My Gangster

Chapter 5

 

The whole school wouldn't stop talking about how I got Jong Kook into jail. Even Jung Ah kept talking about how crazy it was that I was able to do something like that. I guess no one thought I had it in me to do something like this. Great. I now sound really mean, but I guess I couldn't do anything about it now. I kind of didn't care. The kid almost scammed me and I was smart enough to do something about it. On the bright side of it all, at least it won't go on his record. He should thank me for that. Hmph.

"How'd you manage to do that?" Jung Ah asked as she hooked her arm with me while we were heading out to the cafeteria. "Do you not know how many people were talking about? It's crazy."

"Can we not talk about it anymore?" I heaved a sigh. "I'm not proud of it. I just wanted to see if he would have really ran off with it or not. It wasn't intentionally for him to go into jail."

"How'd you know he was lying?" Jung Ah asked raising her eyebrow at me. "Didn't you agree to it when he was half beatened up?"

"It was because of his body language, I guess." I said shrugging. "When he said he had a girlfriend, I couldn't believe him."

"Why?" She asked.

"Well, he was avoiding my eyes... I asked him what was wrong and while he was talking to me, he wasn't even looking at me." It was true. He kept avoiding my eyes, as if he was kind of scared of me.

"Wahhh..." She clapped her hands together.

"It's psychology." I said as I tapped my temples.

We entered the cafeteria and got a tray of food for ourselves. Many peopel stared at me. It was nothing new. We sat down at our usual tables and ate. Just as I was about to throw away my food, I saw Choi Jae Hyun making his way towards me. Ugh. What was he doing here? I was annoyed just seeing him. Maybe I shouldn't throw the tray away. I could proably use it to throw at him if I needed to. I sat back down on my seat and watched as Jae Hyun sat across from me. He didn't look like he was going to pester me, so I guess I could have thrown my food away.

"Did you tell him about our bet?" He asked looking around, as if Se Hun was nearby. I only laughed, which caused Jae Hyun to become more serious with me. "I'm serious, Ahn Soo Jin."

"Why do you care?" I scoffed as I raised my eyebrow.

"Do you realize that Se Hun could come for my head soon?" He rolled his eyes as he squeezed his hands together. "Soo Jin, I'm about to end this bet and just kiss you if you told him."

"Who said I told him? It's not my fault that the everyone at school doesn't know how to shut their mouths." I glared at him. Why was he trying to blame this crap on me? Did he think I wouldn't keep my word? "And besides, it would be your fault if anything." I scoffed again. "You're the one who decided to start this stupid bet and say it in front of everyone."

Jae Hyun only stared at me.

"What? Are you realizing that it's going to be your own fault when he comes for your head?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Should we end this bet?" He asked quietly, as if he was talking to himself more than he was talking to me. 

"Why?" Seriously. Why did he want to end the bet now? We were barely starting. "Are you really afraid that Se Hun will come after you?"

"No..." He sounded like something else was bothering him.

"Then why?" Jung Ah asked, interrupting our conversation. I almost forgot she was there since I was immersed into this conversation I was having with Jae Hyun. She must have been annoyed that our conversation was getting nowhere.

"Don't you think it was weird?" Jae Hyun asked looking at me. "Se Hun... He didn't even try yelling at you."

"Maybe because he was calm?" Jung Ah shook her head.

"No, you two don't even know anything." Jae Hyun stood up from our table, finally, and placed his hands in his pockets. "Fine. We'll keep this bet going because I want to see if it'll happen." He looked away for a moment and then back at me. "But if he comes for my head, you're going to go down with me."

"Why? I didn't do anything." I hissed. "I'm not the one who started this crap."

"It doesn't matter, Ahn Soo Jin." He leaned forward on our table. "You already said 'yes' to our little bet, so you mind as well go down with me if Se Hun decides to do anything."

"..." I said under my breath.

"I can hear you." He rolled his eyes at me and started to walk off. About time! "Three months, Soo Jin!"

"I hate him." I said grabbing my tray.

"He came over here to end the bet but decided to keep going on with the bet..." Jung Ah rolled her eyes. "That was pointless."

Seriously.

 

 

After school, Jung Ah and I headed over to my place to study together. The girl wasn't as smart as I was, so I had to help her with a few things she was struggling on.

"How are you going to make Se Hun fall for you?" Jung Ah asked as she closed her book. I guess she's deciding that we're done here.

"I don't know. I still haven't thought about what I'm going to do." I shrugged. "I didn't tell you, but he saved me the other day again."

"Again?" She threw her book at me. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you'd freak out and we were at school." I threw her book off of me. "Also, it wasn't that big of a deal."

"What happened this time?" She crossed her arms.

"The same ert decided to touch me... Again..." I sat up and looked over at her. "Se Hun told the ert I was... I was..." I don't know why, but it was weird saying this. "His girlfriend..."

"What?!" Jung Ah's mouth fell ajar.

"And he made the ert apologize to me..." I looked away from Jung Ah's eyes, but she hopped onto my bed and stared at me.

"He claimed you as his girlfriend?!" She shook my shoulders. "Soo Jin, maybe you'll get a chance to make him fall for you!"

"Or maybe he just said it so the ert would have understand why Se Hun was going crazy..." I pressed my lips together.

"No... Soo Jin... Oh my god..." Jung Ah was happy about this, and I don't know why. "Wait." She closed her eyes and then opened them again. "Does he secretly like you?"

"What?" I slapped Jung Ah's arm.

"Why else would he claim you to be his girlfriend? Maybe he has a secret crush on you just like every other guy out there." She raised her eyebrow at me. "I mean, this is already the third time he's saved you!"

"Why are you keeping count?" I asked.

"What's wrong with me keeping count on how many times he's saved you?" She pursed her lips and smiled.

"You're stupid." I rolled my eyes and pushed her. "Go back and open your book or else I won't help you study!"

"But I don't want to study anymore..." She frowned at me.

"I don't care." I picked her book back up and threw it at her.

 

 

After Jung Ah left my house, I called for a taxi and it took me down to the city of Myeongdong. Myeongdong was always at its prettiest when the sky had darkened and everything around lit up. I loved being here and even though I had school the next day, I didn't care. I wanted to stay here all night even if my parents wouldn't let me. There was no way they could find me in this crowd anyways. It was always crowded when it hit around seven in the evening. It was the night life and I loved it.

I went into a few stores and looked at their clothes, debating if I wanted to buy a new shirt for my closet, but I decided not to when I looked at how expensive it was. I know I said I wasn't poor, but I wasn't going to pay $90 for a shirt that I could make at home myself. I got out of the store and decided that I was hungry. Yes, 'decided', only because I never knew if I was hungry or not. I passed by a few food stalls, looking at what they had, but nothing caught my eye. Goodness... Maybe I wasn't hungry.

I went out to the main street, looking for a taxi. I was exhausted even though I didn't really do anything. All I did was buy myself a hat that I found was worth my money. Just as I was waiting, I heard yelling and screaming behind me. Oh great. There was probably a fight going on. Ugh. I hated that there were no taxis coming by to save me from this mess. I put my hat on and started walking. I didn't want to get involved in this mess. No way. I had school to get to tomorrow.

But before I could even run off, someone grabbed me and I felt a knife pressed up to my neck. Wow. Seriously. Why did it have to be me out of all people that were around? I was just trying to mind my own business and all, but nope, I had to get involved without even trying. I knew my luck was just too good to be true when I saw Se Hun standing a few yards in front of me, his eyes widened in fear, seeing that the guy who was holding onto me was holding a knife up to my neck.

"Seems like you know this girl, Se Hun." The guy holding onto me laughed in my ear like Se Hun couldn't hear. Damn it. My ears were popping now. Stupid guy. "Should I?" He pressed the knife against my neck harder.

I know, I shouldn't be thinking about this right now, but hey, I'm more surprised that this crap keeps happening to me more than the fact that it's actually happening. Se Hun staring at me made me realize that he looked frightened for the first time. Not that I've looked at him many times, but from how many times I've encountered him, it's the first I've seen him scared. But that changed when he scoffed and then cockily smiled at the guy behind me. I was starting to hate this guy.

"Go ahead. Hurt her. I don't know her." Se Hun turned his back and started to walk off. I felt the man's grip loosen.

What the actual... Okay. Now I'm pissed. I know I was supposed to be scared, but I'm now pissed. He was going to leave me with this son of gun and let me die? Seriously? This guy had a freaking knife to my damn throat! Ugh. I was so angry that I shoved the guy off of me, forgetting there was a knife in his hands. The knife cut through my sweater and cut my skin. I fell over in pain. It freaking hurt. I felt like it stabbed me. But just before I could even look up, I saw Se Hun's feet running past me and the guy behind me fell right beside me, his eyes closed. Se Hun must have knocked him out.

I looked up ahead of me and saw that Chan Yeol, Kai, Baek Hyun, and Lu Han were fighting other guys behind us. Were they really all fighting at a time like this? I shook my thoughts as I looked over at my arm that was bleeding. Great. I'm bleeding and tears were forming in my eyes. I've never cried so much in my damn life and to think that Se Hun was here to witness. I was just about to to stand up when a pair of arms lifted me up to my feet. I stumbled, not even realizing that I was starting to lose conscious because of the loss of blood.

"Are you okay?" Se Hun's hands were holding onto my waist. It was an odd feeling, but that wasn't something I should be worrying about right now. I'm bleeding! He realized that after I didn't say anything. He looked at my arm and the next thing I knew, I saw him opening ripping his white shirt, inside of his leather jacket, and tied the cloth around my arm. I flinched, feeling his touch.

"We need to take you to a hospital." He said pulling my good arm.

I couldn't even see him now. I didn't even know how much blood I loss because before I knew it, I lost sight of everything around me and I felt a pair of arms around my body, supporting me.

 

 


 
**A/N: Sorry if my story is weird. Hehe. But I hope that won't stop you from reading :DD Fifth chapter is ready to read!! I also noticed, I've been spelling some words wrong, but I'm still too lazy to fix it. HAHA. Bear with me. And oh, welcome, new subscribers <3 Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!