Chapter 42

My Gangster

Chapter 42

 

Jae Hyun and I were sitting in my living room drinking warm coffee that he had made while I was trying to strain myself from knocking everything and anything over. I had cried for over an hour and Jae Hyun sat there and had tried to calm me down. He was saying anything possible to make me stop crying, but what he said only made things worse. My heart was hurting and I just wanted to blow everything up. I was upset at myself. Why couldn't I just be happy? Why was I acting this way? What... What was wrong with me?

Jae Hyun set his cup down onto the coffee table and turned to look at me. "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know..." I laughed while letting more tears out. "I seriously don't know what's wrong."

"Are you like this because of what that girl said to Se Hun?" I quickly looked over at him surprised to see that he would know of Lee Yoo Ra. "Yes, Soo Jin, I did overhear them when I saw you."

"What? So... This whole time... You knew?" I was shocked.

"I heard everything." Jae Hyun shook his head at me. "I heard him say that he was in love with someone else and that she couldn't stand it and that you were a burden and that you said things you didn't even say."

"What? How could you pretend that you didn't know when you actually knew?!" I punched him in the arm.

"Yah!" Jae Hyun groaned at me as he rubbed his arm. "I didn't pretend! I just never said anything!"

"Why didn't you say anything?" I lowered my voice.

"I don't know, Soo Jin... It just... It just wasn't in my place." Jae Hyun sighed. "What was I supposed to do? Just barge in and act like I knew the two of you and what was going on?"

"What made you step up out there then?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "You had nothing to do with it, but you still stood up and said something."

"That's because you at lying!" Jae Hyun pushed my head backwards. "You know? You should never try to lie and if you do, please warn the person you're going to lie with ahead of time because I almost got beat up by Se Hun!"

"I don't understand why you're so afraid of him." I laughed. "I've seen you beat up Soo Hyuk before... I don't understand you at all."

"Okay. So what. All guys can fight, but Se Hun? He's like..." He started to scratch the back of his neck. "How do I say this? He's like... Bruce Lee."

"You're being dramatic." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, so what if I am? It still kind of explains everything I feel towards that guy." Jae Hyun sipped his cup again. "Oh Se Hun is not someone you'd want to get into a fight with and everyone knows that."

"He's not that scary." I commented.

"Cos' the guy's in love with you, for goodness sake!"

"It has nothing to do with that. I've seen him fight." I glared at him.

"Yeah, but you're not the one who's getting beat up." Jae Hyun gripped his mug. "Se Hun knows how to actually fight, but we who get involved with him? We don't know the first thing to fighting." He started laughing. "His punch ing hurt like hell. I felt like he threw a freaking brick at my nose."

"Oh... Right... That... I'm sorry..." I shook my head and looked at him to see if he was okay. "I didn't think he'd actually hit you. You shouldn't have said anything."

"I had to make it sound real for you, stupid." Jae Hyun glared over at me. "If I didn't play along, you would have looked stupid as hell. You're lucky I was with you at the time. What would you have done?"

"Cry." I answered honestly.

"He kissed you..." Jae Hyun looked at my lips. "In front of me..."

"Ha..." I awkwardly looked away.

Jae Hyun grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "I wish I could do that just like him."

"Shut up." I hit his hand away and sipped onto my mug cup.

"I would say that I'm kidding, but I really am not." He chuckled. "I hope you're okay though."

"Thanks..." I leaned back on my couch and looked up at the ceiling. "I really wish I was too."

"Tell me this though, Ahn Soo Jin..." He turned his body to face me. "What's holding you back?"

I looked down at my hands and fiddled with them. How could I answer something like that? I didn't know what to say or do.

"What was her name? Yoo... Yoo Ra? Lee Yoo Ra? Right?" Jae Hyun asked tapping on his chin.

I nodded my head.

"Who is she anyways? Why does she like Se Hun so much?" He asked confused.

"She's his ex-girlfriend." I answered.

"She cheated on him though, right?"

I nodded my head and looked at him. "How do you know that?"

"I hear things." He shrugged. "Besides, it's not that hard to find things out."

I squinted my eyes at him.

"What? I am the principal's son, remember?"

"What does that have to do with knowing anything?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Nothing... Actually." He laughed. "But why does she want him back if she cheated on him?"

"I don't know." I shook my head. "I just know that she wants to make it right this time."

"If it didn't work out the first time, how is it supposed to work out the second time?" Jae Hyun shook his head annoyed. "Is she stupid? Does she think she can just go and cheat him, leave him, and then come back like it's okay?"

I stared at him. Jae Hyun, the guy who played with every girl out there, was saying something like this. Heol. How could he even have the guts or tendancy to even think this way?

"Hey. I'm human too." He bit his lip. "Just because I play around doesn't mean I don't have feelings."

"Sure..."

"I've never cheated on anyone." He groaned. "I don't date, if you had already forgotten."

"Did you want to date me?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes, in fact, I really do." He was staring at me seriously.

"I was kidding..." I looked away from him.

"I'm not." He leaned towards me.

"Yah!" I pushed his head away. "Go back to school!"

"Oh? So this is how you're going to thank me after all of this happened?" Jae Hyun stood up, pretending to be upset.

I laughed and walked him to the door. "Thank you, Choi Jae Hyun."

 

 

The next morning, I was lying in bed and my alarm clock was ringing like crazy. I looked over at it and groaned, not really wanting to shut it off but wanting to throw it out the window if I had decided to reach over and touch it. I didn't want to get up or go to school. I just didn't feel good from what had happened yesterday and my mind was going a little crazy, I guess you could say. Just as I was about to reach over to shut my alarm clock through defeat of the annoyance of it, my mother barged into my room as if I was there again. I looked at her as I touched my clock and saw that she must have been annoyed that I had been letting the clock run for so long.

"Are you going to just stare at me or are you going to shut your alarm clock off?" My mother raised her eyebrow at me annoyingly. "Get up. You're going to be late to school."

I shut off my alarm clock and sat up. "Umma..."

My mother was about to leave, but she stopped when I called out for her. She looked at me and waited for me to go on.

"Can... Can you send me to school today?" I asked since she's never sent me to school once my whole life. I always took the bus.

"I don't know if I have time." She said looking at her watch on her wrist. "Don't you still have to shower and get ready?"

"No, I won't take long; I promise." I managed a smile. "Just today... Please?"

After giving a small thought, my mother nodded her head at me. I smiled and got out of bed as quickly as I could so I could shower and get ready.

 

 

"Thanks Umma." I leaned over and hugged her before I had gotten out of the car.

"Are you feeling okay?" My mother asked me as she looked at me. "You've been a little down lately..."

"I'm fine." I lied because if I said anything, I probably would have broke down crying.

"Honey," It looked like my mother didn't want to bring it up, but she had to because I was her daugther. "you can talk to us about it."

I shook my head. "I was just being stupid; it's nothing to worry about. You should get going, Umma. You'll be late."

My mother managed an apologetic smile and finally drove off after a few minutes. I watched as she went and after she was gone, I finally turned around and went into school.

Everyone was staring at me, which wasn't unusual, but what they were all whispering about was unsual. I could hear Se Hun's name and Jae Hyun's name in one sentence. That didn't sound good at all, but I couldn't really think of anything that would happen. I thought about how yesterday, Se Hun hit Jae Hyun, but I'm sure he wouldn't come here and start something, right? I mean, I'm the one who was the problem, not Jae Hyun. I shook my head and went into class and just as I did, I saw Jung Ah sitting on top of her desk staring at me.

"So? Are you going to tell me what happened yesterday or what?" She was still nagging at me.

"Nothing happened." I shrugged and took out my things from my bag casually.

"Jae Hyun told me already, if you didn't know." She leaned forward to look at me. "Can't you let me be a friend?"

Jung Ah grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the classroom and hugged me. She held me as I suddenly started to cry my eyes out, unable to speak because of everything that I was spilling out to her. She didn't ask me any questions because this was enough for her to understand that I was a wreck and that I was done. If this was how a heartbreak felt like, I never want to feel it again or try a chance at love, if that's what you could even call it between me and Se Hun.

 

 

When lunch came around, Jung Ah and I decided to stay in the classroom since everyone else had left to the cafeteria. I'm sure Jung Ah didn't forget about her curiousity about what had happened to me, but she took the latter and decided to talk about the things we used to talk about. It was weird how so many things had change within these three months. I didn't even realize that we haven't gone shopping together since the party my father and Jae Hyun's father had last thrown the first month this all happened. It was unbelievable that so many days had passed by and I did so much.

Jung Ah didn't seem really into the conversations we were having, but I knew she was only trying her best because she wanted to make me feel better. I am really thankful to have a best friend like her.

"You know... I think I'm kind of hungry." Just as she said that, her stomach growled.

"Yah." I laughed as I stood up. "Let's go get something to eat."

On our way to the cafeteria, I saw a few people running past us quickly. I looked at Jung Ah, but she shrugged, not knowing what was going on either. Another person ran past us and bumped into me, making my body shove forward. The guy turned around and was about to apologize, but it looked like he just realized it was someone else. He stared at me and tried to catch his breath.

"What?" Jung Ah glared at him. "Are you not going to apolo-"

"You have to get to the cafeteria, Ahn Soo Jin!" The guy huffed, still trying to catch his breath. 

"Why?" I asked. "I'm heading there right now."

"Oh Se Hun... He... Choi Jae-"

He didn't even have to finish his sentence to have me running towards the cafeteria with him and Jung Ah following behind me. As soon as I got into the cafeteria, I saw a huge crowd formed in the center. This was the first time that I've seen such a huge crowd; it was as if every student body was there. It really was unbelievable. I squeezed my way through, but stopped behind one person so no one could really notice me. 

Se Hun, who was wearing his leather jacket, jeans, and a plain white t-shirt, was standing in the middle with Jae Hyun, who was wearing his plain uniform. What was going on? Did Se Hun come here for school or to start something? I didn't know, but I was going to find out soon enough. My eyes darted around and I could see Lu Han, Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, and Kai standing behind Se Hun with their arms crossed, watching. Jae Hyun's friends were standing behind him as well, but they looked more scared than ever. This was not good.

"I thought we settled this yesterday, Oh Se Hun." Jae Hyun crossed his arms across his chest. "Do you really think anything will change if you do it here?"

"Stay away from her." Se Hun pulled out his leather gloves from his back pocket and put them onto his hands.

"She doesn't want you." Jae Hyun smirked cockily. "She told you that yesterday too. How many times does she have to tell you off before you finally acutally understand that you're nothing to her?"

I watched as Se Hun craned his neck to one side as he tightened his glove around his wrist. Without warning, he quickly kicked Jae Hyun in the stomach and he tumbled over. Se Hun then walked over casually and grabbed Jae Hyun by the collar and punched him across the face forcefully, making blood spill out from his nose. Jae Hyun's friends were about to step up, but I saw the fear in their eyes when Lu Han, Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, and Kai step forward to intimidate them. I wanted to laugh at the part, but this whole situation in general was not funny. I had to stop it somehow. This was happening because of me.

"It's guys like you who I despise." Se Hun hissed under his breath as he looked Jae Hyun in the eye. "They never know when to back off a girl who's already taken by another man."

"Man?" Jae Hyun scoffed. "You're no man, Se Hun and she's not yours; she's mine."

That caused another blow at Jae Hyun's face. Jae Hyun's mouth was now bleeding along with his nose. Everyone was just watching; I'm sure they were just as shocked as I was. No one did anything and this was the first time that everyone has seen Jae Hyun like this.

"And besides, if it wasn't for me, you would have never been able to talk to her." Jae Hyun smirked cockily, which I didn't know why, because he was going to get hit again. And he did. "What, Oh Se Hun? Do you think hitting me will make her come back?"

I could see how hurt Se Hun was when he was staring at Jae Hyun. It looked like he was trying to contain his tears in front of everyone who was standing around. I could feel it as well. My heart was aching watching this happen and it that I couldn't find myself to move or say anything, but I guess I didn't have to do either because the crowd that was surrounding me all looked over at me, making it seem like the spotlight was only on me. Se Hun's and Jae Hyun's eyes darted over to me and I could see the shock in their eyes, as if they didn't think I was watching the whole time.

Se Hun dropped Jae Hyun and looked at me; his eyes pierced right through me. "Ahn... Soo Jin..."

I didn't say anything to Se Hun because if I did, I knew I would and could break down at any moment. I silently made my way over towards Jae Hyun and pulled out a handkerchief and helped wipe his blood away.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I could hear his faint whisper through the murmuring crowd.

"No one's doing anything." I turned over and forced myself to look at him. 

I grabbed Jae Hyun's arm and started to walk off, but I felt Se Hun's grip around my arm and he held it tightly. I tried to shrug it off, but he didn't let go. This feeling was making me weaker and weaker.

"EVERYONE! GET! OUT!" Se Hun yelled out loud, making everyone shiver. "NOW!"

With his last word, everyone in the cafeteria scattered off as quickly as they could. If they only knew the real Se Hun, they wouldn't have been scared to see what was going on right now.

"You guys too..." Se Hun said, referring to his own friends.

They didn't argue or say anything; they walked out of the cafeteria casually, looking at Jung Ah, to make sure she was going to leave as well. Now, it was just me, Jae Hyun, and Se Hun.

"Jae Hyun..." I looked over at him and he already knew what I was asking.

"But-"

"Go..." I said cutting him off. "I'll be okay."

After a moment, he finally left me and Se Hun alone in the cafeteria.

Se Hun finally let go of my arm and stared at me. He leaned his head back a little and sniffled. He must have been trying to hold back his tears by the way he was doing this. He looked back at me after a few minutes and saw me crying. Yes, I was crying. I couldn't hold it in, but the funny thing was, I honestly didn't know why I was crying anymore; I just was.

"Why are you doing this?" Se Hun asked breaking the silence between us. "Why do you keep pushing me away?"

"I... I can't do this anymore." I said shrugging. "Se Hun... We need to stop."

"But I don't want to." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "There wasn't anything even wrong with us, but you're just breaking it off like this?"

"I guess I can't really say; I don't know anything about relationships." I had to force myself to not let anymore tears out. "And I don't want to..."

"But what about my feelings for you?" Se Hun asked under his breath.

"What about your feelings for her?" We heard a voice say behind us.

We both turned around to see the girl we all didn't want to see at this very moment; how did she get in again?

 

 


 

**A/N: It's been awhile, hasn't it? Lol. But anyways, here's an update. I'm debating on a double update later on tonight if I finish my homework early or something. Oh, thank you for subbing and upvoting my story <3 Seriously. I'm so happy, I don't even know how to explain it!! You guys are the best! Keep commenting! I love it!! Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!