Chapter 33

My Gangster

Chapter 33

 

A few days went by like nothing since my last encounter with Se Hun opening up to me. Being at school was really a drag. Nothing really happened at school and everything was more quiet than usual. I felt like my life was starting to get back to normal. I didn't see Se Hun at school; it's not like I ever did anyways. Jung Ah didn't show up to school this week because she was actually sick this time. I guess that's what she gets for pretending to be sick the other week, but that meant that I was left alone at school again. I had decided to avoid everyone possible because there was still so much on my mind that even when lunch came around, I didn't even feel like eating. I wasn't mentally stressed or anything, but I just wanted to figure out why Yoo Ra was coming back to Se Hun and what Jae Hyun's words meant and what my parent's words meant.

It still shocked me that Se Hun opened up to me about his relationship with Yoo Ra. I really wasn't expecting him to tell me because really, Se Hun and I weren't even in that kind of relationship to say anything like this to each other, right? What still shocks me as well is that he told me the reason why he started to talk to me. He used me as his "girlfriend" because of his grandpa. Why did I have to be the candidate? It was even more ironic that he was chosen as someone I had to make fall in love with me as well. That all happened in one day, thinking back on it. Did three months really pass by already? I looked at the calender on my phone and counted how many days I had left until it was time to face reality... If you excluded the weekends, it would be exactly seven more days...

My thoughts were disturbed by a knock on the wall. I turned my head and saw Jae Hyun. He was smiling at me, as if he was excited about something. I was already annoyed at the fact that I purposely stayed in my classroom so no one could bother me but here Jae Hyun was, here to bother me. I can never have anything my way, huh?

"What are you doing here?" I asked as he walked over and sat down in the desk that was in front of me. 

"I just wanted to remind you that you have a week and half left before our bet is over." I glowered at him and this made him smile. "Looks like maybe our lips may meet, huh?"

"I think you're a little too confident about that." I rolled my eyes. "I think your head will be bald by the time this is over."

"Oh? So I'll get the kiss even if I lose?" He raised his eyebrow.

I scoffed. "Get out of here."

"I like seeing you like this. It satisfies me." He bit his lip and winked at me. "God, Soo Jin, if Se Hun really didn't fall for you, I have no idea what to do anymore."

I glared at him, not caring to respond.

"I guess you're lucky. The bell's going to ring soon." Jae Hyun said as he looked down at his watch. "I'll come back in a few days and remind you that your time is decreasing."

Maybe I should just beat him up instead so this bet can just be done with. Why was he so good at annoying me? I hated that kid so much. I should have never encountered myself with this school. Ugh.

 

 

I went over to Jung Ah's house to check up on her after school since I had nothing better to do and because the teacher told me to give her the homework she had been missing. Before I went over, I stopped by the convenient store and bought her favorite snack. I knew she was probably craving for it because her parents never let her eat anything unhealthy when she was sick. Just before I knocked onto the door, I stuffed the snack into my bag and the door had opened before I could even zip up my bag. Jung Ah's mother was standing there with a smile. I smiled back and she let me in.

"Jung Ah's in her room. I don't know if you want to go in since you could get sick, Ahn Soo Jin." Her mother lightly patted my back.

"No, it's okay." I smiled as I stepped onto the staircase.

"Are you hungry, dear? Did you want something to eat?" She asked before I had gone up.

"No, thank you though, Mrs. Lee." I nodded my head before I went up to Jung Ah's room.

When I opened the door to Jung Ah's room, I saw her lying in her bed. She looked perfectly fine from where I was standing. Maybe she was faking her sickness so she could skip school again. I shook my head and closed the door behind me. I made my way over to the other side of her bed and jumped on top and sat down. She turned her attention towards me and I realized that she actually looked like she was going to pass out. Instead of feeling sorry, I found myself laughing. Yeah, I shouldn't have laughed, but she looked quite funny. I couldn't hold my laughter in.

"Yah!" She sat up and punched me in the arm.

"Hit me again and I won't give you your snack!" I growled at her as I rubbed my arm, still laughing.

"I'm sorry." She used her ugly aegyo on me even when she knew I hated it, but I had no choice.

I took my bag from my back and placed it on my lap and dug for her snack. "Are you really even sick or are you just pretending to look like death, Jung Ah?" I asked as I threw her snack at her.

She snarled at me as she opened the bag. "I am sick." She popped a piece of chip into my mouth. "Do I look that bad?"

"No." I lied.

"Liar." Damn. She caught me lying again, not that I was really trying hard to lie. "Do you realize that you only have about a week left?"

"What are you talking about?" Not even realizing that she was talking about the bet for a second.

"Yah!" She threw one of her chips at me but picked it back up and popped it into . "Se Hun! Is he in love with you?"

"How can you be so blunt about that?" I raised my eyebrow at her. "He already knows the bet so I'm sure he isn't in love with me."

"How can you be so sure? He's always around you." Jung Ah rolled her eyes. "Unless the guy just likes stalking you."

"Do you remember when I said that there was a girl who claimed to be Se Hun's girlfriend?" I asked thinking about Se Hun stalking me the other week.

Jung Ah nodded her head. "What about her?"

"Lee Yoo Ra, that's her name... She's Se Hun's ex-girlfriend..." I bit my lip, not knowing how to explain this to her. "Uh... Well... Remember how I got into that situation with Park Soo Hyuk?" She nodded her head again. "Yoo Ra... Yoo Ra and Soo Hyuk hooked up, supposedbly. She cheated on Se Hun..."

Jung Ah her teeth in frustration while she set her bag of chips down. "Soo Jin, if you stutter one more time, I'm going to punch you across the face."

I only stared at her.

"Get to the damn point!" She groaned at me.

"Okay. Long story short. She cheated on Se Hun, Se Hun wanted to forgive her and take her back, but she said no, and now she wants to get back with Se Hun." I said quickly.

I heard Jung Ah scoff, as if this situation was funny.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Why would he want to take her back after she's cheated on him?" Jung Ah raised her eyebrow. "Is he stupid?"

"She's his first love..." I said quietly. "They dated for over two years..."

"Please. If two years meant so much to her, she wouldn't have cheated in the first place." Jung Ah rolled her eyes angrily. "Who is she to think that she can just come back even when she was given a chance before? Is she stupid?"

Wow. Jung Ah really caught me off guard on this one. I've never seen her act like this before. It wasn't even our relationships to start off with, but she was getting really heated up about this conversation. Well, what can I say? Jung Ah's had more relationship experience than I ever had, so I couldn't do or say anything.

"Se Hun doesn't want to take her back now, does he?" Jung Ah asked raising her eyebrow.

"No..." I said. "Well, I'm not sure."

"Well, he's stupid if he does. If he's already given her a chance and she didn't take it, he shouldn't waste his time on giving her another chance. That's unfair and a stupid decision!" She shook her head. 

I sat there without saying anything for awhile. Jung Ah's right. It would be stupid if he had taken her back even when he's given her chance, huh? But then again, how would I know how he or she felt? Jae Hyun is right... I know nothing about love.

"Jung Ah..." I looked down at my hands and blew out a sigh.

"What?"

"Se Hun... He... He still likes her." It hurt saying it.

 

 

On my way home, I took the longest route possible. I didn't want to go home just yet and the weather wasn't bad so I wanted to enjoy it while I could. While I walked, I had a bunch of thoughts running through my head. Did Se Hun want to get back with her, but he was just denying it? Maybe he's afraid that he'll get hurt again. And what about Yoo Ra? Why is she suddenly coming back? Like Jung Ah said, what makes her think it's okay to come back after what she's done? But that reminded me of when Soo Hyuk got badly beat up by Se Hun; that was a month ago. I remember hearing Se Hun ask Soo Hyuk what he had done to her. Maybe... Maybe Se Hun really still did care after all.

I stopped walking and counted the months it's been since he and Yoo Ra broke up... I wish I told Jung Ah how long it was; she could probably figure that out better than I could. I'm sure it was about nine months since they officially broke up. That means, even after eight months had passed, he still cared for her. Okay. It has to be true. Se Hun's just denying his feelings for what reason, I don't know, but I know that deep down, he still loves her... I guess you can't unlove someone... Ah! Stupid thoughts. I shook my head and blew out a sigh. This wasn't something for me to worry about. No.

"Ahn Soo Jin."

Great. Someone's here to bother me when I thought I was going to be alone. I'm seriously never going to be alone. I looked up and saw Lee Yoo Ra standing in front of me. She was wearing a sweater and a pair of jeans. She looked casual and me? Still in my uniform... Awkward. But what is up with her and Se Hun? Why were they always stalking me? More like, how the hell did they always know where I was?

"Can we talk?" Yoo Ra asked as she stuffed her hand into her pockets.

I didn't say anything. I just stood there, waiting for her to speak.

"I know you probably know about Se Hun and I's story by now, huh? I'll apologize first before I start." She ran a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry for coming off rude to you and assuming that you two were dating. I just... It's weird seeing that he's with another girl and..." She blew out a sigh. "I hope you understand it's because I love him that I'm going back. I know you probably think that I've lost my chance, but you probably don't even understand how I feel... No one does."

I bit the inside of my cheek. I felt like she was almost referring to the fact that I didn't know anything about relationships.

"I had a chance even when I cheated on him, but do you realize that I broke up with him because I didn't want to hurt him anymore? It's not because I didn't want to be with him..." She shook her head. "I wish he'd understand that. When he said he'd forgive me, I just couldn't... I just couldn't say it was okay when it wasn't. I didn't want to be by his side, letting him know that I cheated on him, so I broke it off."

"Then why are you coming back?" I heard myself ask without even realizing I had spoken.

"All those stories about Soo Hyuk and I may be true, but I was depressed." She shook her head. "I didn't mean to cheat on Se Hun, I was drunk."

"You still know what you're doing when you're drunk." I said, even though I didn't really know if it was true or not because I was drunk and I didn't remember anything, but this was something I've heard before in movies.

"I went so far to the point where I ended up in the hospital..." She shook her head. "It was no one's fault but my own."

So she hurt herself because she felt so bad about hurting Se Hun? The whole thing between Se Hun and Soo Hyuk was just a misunderstanding then? Is that why Soo Hyuk wanted to get back at him? Was Park Soo Hyuk actually in love with Lee Yoo Ra?

"I guess I shouldn't use that as an excuse, huh?" She laughed quietly. I could see that tears were forming in her eyes. "I know I was wrong, but I reflected back on it and I had to change myself before I had made any other decisions... I wanted to better myself for Se Hun... And now that I believe I've bettered myself, I want to show that to him... You have no idea how sorry I feel about hurting him." She was now crying. 

I didn't know what to say or do at this point. It was not my position to say or do anything, as a matter of fact. I just watched as Yoo Ra cried in front of me. She looked so vulnerable and it kind of made me sad inside. Is this what she wanted to say to Se Hun the other week? She wanted to explain how she's been living and how she's been feeling? It's no wonder everyone was misunderstanding her... Even Lu Han, Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, and Kai had misunderstood her. How was it that I was the only one who understood this? I shouldn't even be in these people's lives. I'm irrelevant to everything...

 

 


 

**A/N:  Hiya! Early update for you guys because I'm taking advantage of my break! Muahaha! I was so happy to recieve so many comments for my recent chapter! You subbies and readers make my day! Keke~! Enjoy reading!  Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!