Chapter 3

My Gangster

Chapter 3

 

Jung Ah was laughing so loud. She was lucky she wasn't under the same roof as me. We were on the phone with each other and I just got done telling her what happened to me at the cafe. I was laying in bed, covering my face with my pillow, trying to suffocate myself from being so embarrassed. Yes, I was still embarrassed. I've never been rejected. Well, I guess I couldn't say that because this was the first time I've ever asked someone out and I was mortified. And I probably will for the rest of my life.

"I can't believe he rejected you. This has got to be the funniest day ever." Jung Ah laughed again, as if it were a joke. Again, she was lucky she wasn't under the same roof as me.

"Shut up. I'm going to kill myself. I can't believe it even happened. You know how embarrassing that was? Everyone was staring and the whole room was quiet. Damn it. If someone opens their mouths about it tomorrow at school, Jae Hyun's going to make fun of me for the rest of my life and you know what else that means? I have to kiss him." I cringed. I never even had my first kiss and to have to share it with Jae Hyun made me want to throw up. I would rather kiss a tree bark or some random stranger on the stree than kiss Jae Hyun. Sick.

"On the bright side, you still have three months minus today." As if that made me feel better. "But what did he mean by 'You guys all think life is just a game.'? Does he really know about the bet?"

That's right. I totally forgot that he said that. What did Se Hun mean by those words? It doesn't seem like he knew about the bet cos' if he did, I'm sure he would have said it. Se Hun doesn't hold back on his words, does he? Great. I don't even know the kid and here I am, assuming all of these things. Maybe I should get to know him first and then make him become my boyfriend? Wait. That's not even the point of this bet. The point is to make him fall in love with me.

"You know what, Jung Ah? I'm an idiot." Saying the word 'idiot' reminded me of Se Hun. He called me that this morning.

"Why?" I could hear her moving around in her bed. Geez. This girl was loud with everything.

"I don't have to make him my boyfriend at all. All I have to do is make him fall in love with me!" I said it as if it wasn't going to be hard. I don't even know the first thing about love.

"Soo Jin, you know nothing about love." Thanks Jung Ah. Like I didn't now.

"Well, I can... I can read things about it..." What the hell.

"Soo Jin, love isn't something you read and learn about. Only you can learn yourself." Wow. Was she really trying to be a philosopher right now? Pfft. "You're eighteen already. Don't you think it's weird that you know nothing?" She asked me.

Jung Ah was right. Why don't I know anything about love? Maybe Jae Hyun was right. I shook my head. I can't let him win. No way. I have to figure out how to make Se Hun fall in love with me. Why did it have to be him out of all of the people in our school? I sighed, running a hand through my hair. This was going to be harder than studying for my exams. Ugh. The life I live.

 

 

School was terrible. Everyone know about how Se Hun had rejected my offer about asking him to date me. Great. Jae Hyun was probably already searching for me so he could laugh in my face. I was going to avoid him every way I can. There was no way I was going to be the laughing stock today. Ugh. I hate people. Why did I have to be popular but get humiliated by someone no one wants to even get involved with? So much for my status at school. This is why my only focus is academics. Ugh.

"Soo Jin, can you please take these boxes out to the back and throw them out?" My teacher asked me while I was too into my thoughts about trying to kill myself before anyone could. I looked up at my teacher and smiled. At least I could get some air.

On my way out, I made sure that Jae Hyun wasn't around. I didn't want to run into him. I probably looked stupid since I was pressing myself against the walls of the school and looking out at every corner before deciding to go to the next hallway. I guess I can be a ninja for now, right? An idiotic ninja, that's for sure. Hah. I'm so funny. Anyways, I walked down a few halls and decided that I wasn't going to meet Jae Hyun anytime soon so I finally stopped walking against the wall.

Just as the I opened the door to throw away the boxes, I heard someone yelping in pain. Oh god. I swung the door open and dropped my boxes. There was a student from our school bleeding on the ground. His nose looked busted and his lips were dripping with blood. I should have ran or called for help but I just stood there. I didn't know what to do. I was shocked and surprised at the same time. Who was doing this? I looked around to see and not to my surprise, I saw Se Hun and his mob gang. They were probably going through their hitlist.

"Now tell me again, why'd you try to run off when I was asking you nicely to pay me back?" Se Hun bent down to the guy's level and tilted his head in a cocky manner. His hand touched the chin of the guy and lifted his face up so they could keep eye contact. God, I was scared for the kid.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I'll pay you tomorrow." The guy looked like he was about to cry.

"You said that the week before and you tried to avoid me every time I saw you." Se Hun threw the guy's face away from him and stood up. "I gave you a whole week and you said you would pay me back. I'll give you 48 hours. If you don't pay me back..." Se Hun stepped on the guy's hands and he yelped in pain. "Do I have to say what happens?"

The guy only shook his head, making Se Hun and his friends smile. They walked away from the poor guy. When they were far enough, I ran towards the guy and bent down towards him. He must have been embarrassed because he turned his face as soon as he saw me. I looked around to give him something to use to wipe his face but there was nothing. I then pulled out my handkerchief I found in my pocket and lightly pressed it onto his lips, surprising him. He looked up at me and his eyes were filled with tears.

"What are you doing here?" He scoffed. What? How is he going to scoff at me when I'm trying to help him? "You should have left. It's kind of embarrassing to see that you're out here helping me."

Oh. He was only embarrassed because I was a popular girl and he was a... Sorry. He was a nobody. I didn't even know who this guy was and to even think that I was helping him, he probably thought of me differently now.

"We should go to the hospital. You won't stop bleeding until you get stitched up." I said standing up and holding my hand out for him, but he only stared at me, as if I was disgusting.

"Don't try to pity me." He stood up on his own. "I know you asked Se Hun to be your boyfriend so why are you even here helping me? You shouldn't even be here."

"What? You think because I asked him to be my boyfriend, it has something to do with this?" I crossed my arm. How could he act like this? I was helping him, for goodness sake!

"Look, Ahn Soo Jin, you're not making me feel any better by pitying me." The guy sniffled. "Just leave."

I took a deep breath and stared at him. He looked like he was in so much pain and it hurt me that I stood there. I was a coward. How the hell did I just stand there and not say anything? It was like that bus incident, except... Someone was getting hurt and I didn't step up. "Why do you have to pay him back?" I asked, only because I was curious.

"Don't get involved. Once you're stuck under their web, you're done for." He shook his head, blood dripping down onto his pants. "You probably think I'm stupid huh?" Yes. "I don't even know why I got involved when I knew things would turn out like this."

"Why do you have to pay them back?" I asked again.

He looked at me and then looked like he was thinking about something before answering me. "I bought shoes for my girlfriend because it was her birthday and she really wanted them. They were expensive and I didn't have money... Se Hun's rich. I heard that he's willing to lend you money as long as you pay him back but I couldn't. I tried to find jobs but no one would hire me..."

I sighed. Poor guy. If he won't even get hired, how is he supposed to pay Se Hun back within 48 hours? "How much is it?" I don't know why I asked. I knew, again, I was going to regret it.

"It was $43o." My mouth literally dropped.

"What?!" Who the hell buys shoes that cost that much? Apparently, this guy.

"I don't even know what to do." He looked down at his feet. Goodness. Was I starting to actually feel bad?

"I'll pay for it. I'll bring you the check tomorrow so go and pay him." I better not regret this.

"Are... Are you serious?" He looked at me, still bleeding.

"Go to the nurse's office! You're going to pass out from the loss of blood!" I said shoving him into the door.

"Thank you, Soo Jin." He bowed towards me and went off.

If I regret this, please, someone, have Se Hun hit me. I'm sure it would be better than getting stabbed with a straw.

 

 

I stood by my bus stop and fiddled around with my skirt. It was warmer out today, but that doesn't mean that the wait for the bus was great. It was still a little chilly out. I hated being a girl, did I tell you that? I hate that we have to wear skirst and show off our pale legs to everyone when we could be wearing pants like everyone else and be warm like the guys. I couldn't wait to get home and change. Ugh. Seriously. Where is this damn bus? I'm going to catch a cold soon.

The bus finally came and I got on. I was thankful that in the afternoon, there weren't many passengers. I found an open seat in the back and sat down. I turned my attention out towards the window and pretended like there was something interesting out there. There wasn't. Just Se Hun and his mob gangster group of friends making their way to the bus. Damn it. I looked around and realized that the only opened seats were the ones right next to me. Crap. Crap.

Too late. They all got onto the bus and walked over towards to where I was sitting. I looked away, hoping they didn't realize that I had stared at them like a lost little kid. Okay. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I couldn't do it. I felt someone sit beside me and he smelled good, but it was Se Hun. Oh god. I know how Se Hun smells now? Great. I didn't turn my face. I didn't know what other gangster was near me, even if it killed me a little inside because I was really curious.

"That bastard isn't going to pay you back, Se Hun. He's going to run away again." A low voice said beside me.

"Chan Yeol's right, Se Hun. Jong Kook never goes by his words." This voice was soft and kind of angelic.

"I'll make him pay." Se Hun said sighing. "He can't run away forever."

"So whatever happened to that girl who asked you out?" I heard another voice ask. Crap. I'm sitting next to them and they just had to ask that question. How embarrassing. I'll hide my face with my hair.

"Wait... Isn't that her?" The angelic voice guy said. He was probably pointing at me. Crap.

I heard Se Hun scoff. Damn it. I stood up, even though it wasn't my bus stop and rung the bell at the top so I could get off. It was embarrassing and I couldn't deal with it. To my surprise, they all stood up and stood behind me. Wow. Could this be even more ironic and embarrassing?

"You're Ahn Soo Jin, huh?" I didn't hear this voice yet.

I only nodded my head, ready to die.

"Heol, Se Hun, how could you say no to her? She's Ahn Soo Jin. Everyone would kill to be with her." The voice said again.

"Be quiet, Baek Hyun." Chan Yeol patted Baek Hyun's shoulders.

Thanks Chan Yeol. Hah. The bus screeched to a stop and I almost fell foward but someone's arm wrapped around my waist and caught me before I fell onto the pavement. Seriously, why is my week such a hell hole? When I looked to see who had just saved me from falling, my eyes met Se Hun's. Wow. Kill me right now. I quickly slipped out of the his arm and made way down the steps of the bus before turning left to where I was supposed to go. I could hear the guys talking, but I couldn't make out what they were actually saying. I shook my head and kept walking.

 

 

Text messaging:

Jung Ah: HAHAHAHAHA. Oh my god!

Yes, I told Jung Ah about what had happened on the bus.

Me: Shut up. You're not funny. It was embarrassing.

Jung Ah: Maybe you two are meant to be. Who knows, Soo Jin, he keeps showing up in front of you.

Me: Just my luck, huh? Ugh.

Jung Ah: He saved you twice. You have to do something about that.

Me: Like what? He won't even date me. How am I supposed to give him something back?

Jung Ah: Do something nice? You're trying to make him fall in love with you, not make him yours.

Me: Okay. What do I do then?

Jung Ah: I don't know. You figure it out.

Me: You're such a great help, Jung Ah. Bye. I'm going to go study.

Jung Ah: While you're at it, go study about love.

Me: You're always contradicting your own words. You said I can't learn about love that way!

Jung Ah: Shut up. You know what I mean. Bye.

I threw my phone onto my bed and rested my head onto my desk. What am I going to do? I don't care to make up to Se Hun, but if I want to win this bet against Jae Hyun, I have to find a way to make Se Hun fall in love with me. God. How the hell did these people even have time to find ways to make people fall for them? I barely have time to eat and do my own things when I want to. I should have never accepted that damn deal. But three months is long... Right?

 

 


 
**A/N: Third chapter is up! Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!