Chapter 27

My Gangster

Chapter 27

 

Se Hun and I decided to get on the bus since it'd be cheaper to get around Busan. I was going to sit by myself, but he yanked me in the seat beside him and looked outside, as if I was just some random person. Okay. I guess he's doing this because a ert might touch me again. I didn't know if he was being thoughtful or not, but that wasn't something I really cared about at the moment. I was looking through our pictures that we had taken together at the beach. They were really cute and for some reason, I found myself smiling at all of them. He must have noticed because I heard him scoff quietly to himself. I was just about to turn and say something to him, but stopped when my phone started ringing in my hands. I looked down and saw Jung Ah's name.

"Hello?"

"Soo Jin, what are you doing? Where are you?" I'm so proud of her. She's been learning how to quietly speak.

"Why?" I asked looking out the window.

"We're going to the Gwangwan Bridge around seven o'clock!" She said. "You have to come. They're having a special firework show for us tonight."

"Our teacher will kill me if I'm there." I said rolling my eyes.

"No, she won't kill you. Just make sure she won't see you." Jung Ah said.

"How? I'm not going to know where you guys are." I said heaving a sigh.

"Just come. I'll let you know where we are so you won't get caught." Jung Ah seemed occupied with something. "You're with Se Hun, right?"

I coughed a small laugh. "No, I'm not." I lied even though he was sitting right next to me.

"You were never a good liar." Jung Ah scoffed. "I'll text you later, so we can watch the show!"

"Alright." I said laughing and then hung up.

 

 

After getting off the bus, Se Hun and I headed towards the Jagalchi Market. I was getting hungry again and I wanted to try out their fresh fish that they were famous for. Ah, I loved being a tourist. We went into the market and looked at all of the different fish they had. Even though I was a fan of fish, I was never really a fan of the smell. It reaked like the sea, but I could wait to find something to eat. Se Hun, who was following behind me boringly, didn't look interested at all. He looked around the area and just kept walking, as if this was nothing new to him.

At least I was making the best of it while I was here. I kept walking around since I was looking for something to eat. I suddenly smelt something from ahead of me. I turned towards the smell and walked towards it. It smelled delicious and my mouth was already watering. I ended up at a restaurant that was filled with lot of people. There was an ahjusshi who was standing by the entrance, calling for people to come in and eat. I was one of those people he called. I walked over and he led me inside. Se Hun followed without a word. We were seated and he handed us a menu to look at. I was starving.

We ended up ordering fish, clams, squid, and a soup dish. I was so excited and because Se Hun didn't seem interested, I decided that I was going to pay this time. I didn't want him to pay for something he wasn't interested in and besides, why would he pay when I was the one dragging him around? Wait. I take that back. I'm not even dragging him around. He's the one who had decided to follow me for no reason whatsoever. Whatever. I'm going to eat all this food and savour it. My stomach was grumbling through this smell. It was torture!

"Are you that excited to eat?" Se Hun raised his eyebrow at me.

I guess I was excited. I didn't even realize I was fiddling in my seat. "I haven't had seafood in awhile."

Se Hun shook his head at me and looked elsewhere, as if there was something more interesting to look at. Wow. At least this gangster kid was finally looking at something that he was interested in... Right?

When the food came out, I felt like my eyeballs were going to pop out of my eye sockets. The food were all still steaming hot and the fish looked delicious. I quickly took my phone out and took a picture of the food that was in front of me. I saw Se Hun's reaction to my actions. He had a small smile on his face and was shaking his head. Hey, what can I do? This was something I could not forget. Before I could even get myself to put my phone away, I quickly grabbed a piece of the fish with my chopsticks and threw the meat into my mouth, savouring the amazing taste that came with it.

"Are you not going to eat?" I asked as I opened one of the clams.

"You're making me lose my appetite." He snarled at me.

"Fine. More for me then." I rolled my eyes and kept eating.

Within a minute or so, Se Hun started to pick at the food that was on our table. I secretly smiled as I ate quietly. Just by observing him again, I could tell that he was trying his best not to show any interest. I don't know why he was acting like this. It was just the two of us and it's not like I would judge him... Okay. So I have judged him way before we met, but we're closer... I think closer is too big of a word to say about our relationship, but we're one step ahead of when we first met and I was more than comfortable with him.

I know I shouldn't be thinking about this right now, especially at a time like this, but Se Hun has seen my body... It's really awkward to say, but it's true. It wasn't because I wanted to show him, but it was because I was going to get and my shirt was open and showing off my body. For some reason, I'm really surprised that to this day, I'm not even embarrassed about it. Like Jae Hyun said, I've never had a boyfriend nor have I fallen in love, but I've had Se Hun see my body, kiss me, and protect me. Should I be feeling lucky? Is this how other girls felt when they liked someone? I had no clue how to feel.

"Why aren't you eating?" Se Hun asked as he placed a fried squid into my bowl of rice. "Are you daydreaming about me again?"

I scoffed, only because he was right, but I'm sure he didn't know that. "No..."

 

 

After we were done eating, I secretly made sure that I got to pay for our meal. Se Hun was trying to pay, but I made my way out and I'm sure the lady had already told him that I paid because when he came out from the restaurant and found me standing outside the market, he was glaring at me, as if I've done something wrong. Instead of asking him a question or waiting for him to say something, I started to walk off ahead. It was already almost seven o'clock in the evening and this was the time where I was supposed to go to Gwangwan Bridge for the firework show that Jung Ah had told me about.

I called for a taxi so we could get there faster. Se Hun didn't question me and got in after me. The taxi slowly drove us through the city of Busan. I loved the lights that were surrounding us. I wanted it to be night forever.

"Are you kids going for the fireworks tonight?" The taxi asked the both of us.

"Neh." I nodded my head with a smile. "They're having a special show for our school."

"Enjoy it with your boyfriend." The taxi driver smiled.

"No, he's not-"

"We will." Se Hun said cutting me off.

I looked over at him and he shrugged. Stupid.

The taxi pulled to the side. "We're here."

I looked out and saw that the bridge wasn't far away from us. I leaned over and was about to pay the taxi driver, but Se Hun pulled me back and handed money to the ahjusshi instead. I only stared at him and didn't try to say anything because I knew he'd only yell at me or most of all, he'd probably just ignore me anyways.

"Have a good night, you two." The taxi waved at us.

"Thank you." Se Hun bowed slightly and got out of the car and waited by the door for me to get out.

We made our way towards the bridge, finding a place around the area to sit and watch. I pulled out my phone and tried to call Jung Ah, to see where she and our class were, but she didn't pick up any of my class. I guess both Se Hun and I had to just wait and see if they were around. We didn't need and want to get caught. I'm sure our punishment would be a billion times worse. I decided not to worry about it and found a bench next to the river. Se Hun and I sat down and waited for the show to start. It was already almost past the show time.

"How long is the show?" Se Hun asked looking at his phone.

"I don't know." I looked around, making sure our class wasn't nearby.

"We should leave before the show ends." He looked over at me and saw me turning my head. "What are you doing? You'll make it obvious if you keep doing that."

I looked over at him and glared at him. I was just about to say something when I realized that anyone could recognize us with Se Hun's blonde hair. It was a good thing I was wearing a scarf. I took my scarf off around my neck and threw it around his head and wrapped it lightly around his chin. He stared at me awkwardly, but hey, I didn't want to get caught because of him. I had to find a way to make sure we wouldn't get caught. After I was done putting my scarf around his head, he rolled his eyes at me irritatedly.

"Do I really have to wear this?" He picked up the end of my scarf and looked at it as if there was something disgusting on it.

"If you don't want to get caught, you have to wear it." I playfully smile. "I'm sure it's only an hour so you can withstand it."

I heard him hiss under his breath. It wasn't my fault that he thought he was some badass gangster who had to dye his hair blonde. Besides, now no one will notice that we're here. I was just about to call Jung Ah once more when my phone started to ring. I looked at it and saw that it was her. She was going to get it when I see her.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" She whispered through the phone.

"We're sitting down on a bench." I said turning my head slightly to see if she was nearby. "Where are you guys?"

"Oh no..." I heard her gasp.

"What?" I froze when I saw a figure standing at least five to seven yards away from us. "No... Is that... Is that you?"

I saw her nod her head. "What are you doing? What are you going to do if they find you?!"

"What? They're behind us?" Se Hun turned his head around slightly and when he saw our class, he quickly turned back around. "Great. So much for you stupid scarf."

"Yah!" I hissed at him.

"Uh... Well, you guys can't leave now. It'll be too obvious." Jung Ah whispered again. "When it's over, I'll make sure that our teacher is distracted or something!"

"Ugh." I groaned and hung up the phone and placed my phone into my pockets. I leaned my head back a little, letting out a few breaths before pulling my head back up angrily. "What are we going to do?"

"Enjoy the the fireworks." Se Hun crossed his arms and his legs. "We're here already."

"What if our teachers find us?" I asked staring straight ahead.

"Who cares." He shrugged.

There was a loud screech heading up the the sky. I guess that was my cue to stop asking questions. I looked up and just as I did, the screech that we heard up in the sky blew out and showed us a white colored firecracker. I sat in silence, watching the show, trying not to keep turning around. I wanted to enjoy it. Like Se Hun said, we were already out here. After a ten minutes or so, I decided to relax and I had forgotten that our class was behind us. It was beautiful. The firecrackers in the sky made my heart flutter and made me forget that it was actually pretty chilly out. I had to take my phone out and take a picture.

"Waaah. It's so pretty." I blurted out without even realizing it.

"You must really like it when it's dark out, huh?" Se Hun said as he let out a small sigh. "I've noticed that about you."

I looked over at him when he said "I've noticed that about you." only because it really did catch me off guard. Was he observing me this whole time or has he been observing me? Maybe he really was a stalker and I just didn't know it. 

"Can you stop staring at me?" Se Hun hissed at me, avoiding my eyes.

I bit my lip and closed my eyes for a bit, only listening to the fireworks burst into the night sky. The sound, for some reason, was really relaxing to me. It made me feel at ease and knowing that Se Hun was by my side made the whole night a little better. I opened my eyes after a few minutes and let out a sigh. Just as I was about to stand up, Se Hun was already standing up and holding a hand out to me. I stared at his hand and then at him, confused.

"We should get going. The show's almost done and I'm sure our class will come back to the hotel soon." Se Hun grabbed my hand before I could even react and pulled my up to my feet. "Come on, Soo Jin."

Se Hun held onto my hands tightly, as if I was going to let go. His hands were so warm and his hand compared to mine made me feel protected. I don't know why I was suddenly feeling this way, but I was. Just as we were passing by our class, Se Hun wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him, making sure that my face wasn't going to show. I looked up at him and when our eyes met, my heart flipped, but I had to look away before my face turned red in the night's light.

 

 

When we got back to the hotel, we went to our floor and quietly walked to our rooms. I was about to go into my room, but stopped when I creaked the door open. I turned my head towards Se Hun, who was standing behind me, waiting for me to go in. I turned to face him and found myself laughing. Why? Because he still had my scarf wrapped around his head. He looked at me confused. He probably had forgotten about it too because when I pulled it off, his cheeks started to turn pink.

"Waaah, our Se Hun looks so cute with my scarf." I joked as I wrapped my scarf back around my neck.

"Yah!" He hissed at me angrily. "That's not funny."

"I thought it was funny." I smirked.

"Are you not going to go in?" He asked me after a few seconds of silence.

"I am..." I said as I held the door behind me.

"What are you waiting for?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Nothing..." I said as I looked down at my feet. "Good night."

I was just about to head into my room, but Se Hun's hand wrapped around my good arm and he pulled me back, making me close my door behind me and pinned me against it. His face was nearly an inch away from mine, making my heart beat increase. I could hear it clearly. 

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"Is this what you were waiting for?" Se Hun leaned closer to me, his lips so close that if we were to pucker up, our lips would have touched. 

"No." I tried to push him off, but he wouldn't budge.

"Don't lie, Ahn Soo Jin." His breath hit my lips lightly when he said my name.

"Stop it. What if someone walks by?" I turned my face, but he grabbed my chin and pulled my attention towards him again.

"Who cares." Se Hun's lips lightly brushed mine as he smiled.

My heart flipped, feeling his lips touch mine. Even though it really wasn't a real kiss, it made my heart go crazy. Just when I thought he was actually really going to press his lips onto mine, he pulled back and smirked at me.

"They're here." Se Hun let go of my arm and walked over to his room and casually went in, as if what just happened between us never happened.

How could he just do that to me? Stupid gangster kid!

"Soo Jin!" I turned my head and saw Jung Ah.

And that was how my night ended.

 

 


 

**A/N: It's going to snow tomorrow so I guess I might just update tomorrow as well! Keke! I'm seriously so touched with people's comments <3 It really makes me motivated to write more so thank you for taking your time and giving my story a try! Shankyou :D Enjoy reading this update! Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!