Chapter 26

My Gangster

Chapter 26

 

Se Hun and I went out for lunch after the cemetary. I didn't even realize how long we were there for because when we went to eat, it was already past the actual lunch time. We ate quietly without saying a word to each other. I watched him as I ate. I observed everything he did. He couldn't sit still; that's one thing I first noticed. He always moved his position every few minutes and while he chewed, he would look around his plate as if he was missing something and he was trying to figure out what it was. When he drank his water, he set it in his mouth for at least three to five seconds before actually intaking it. I don't think he realized that I was staring at him because when he looked up and our eyes met, he looked surprised to see that I was staring at him.

For the first time, Se Hun didn't tell me to stop staring, which really caught me off guard and surprised me at the same time. Instead, he went back and finished his food quietly. I've never encountered eating lunch in silence until now. Wouldn't people start a conversation or try to say something instead of awkwardly eating in silence? Yeah, but for some reason, I kind of liked it like this. It was nice seeing how Se Hun ate because this was actually the first time that we've eaten together at a restaurant; his house didn't count, only becuase I had no choice but to eat. This was something we both chose together so this counts.

"Am I that good looking?" Se Hun finally said something, taking me out of my thoughts. I didn't even realize it, but he was staring at me and his plate was already emptied and clean. "You've been staring at me for at least ten minutes now. It's starting to make me feel uncomfortable."

"Oh... I was... I was just daydreaming..." I had nothing else to say because he caught me red handed.

"Daydreaming about me?" I was smirking at me, making my heart flip. God, why was this happening to me? "Are you done eating?"

I looked down at my plate and saw that I only ate half the portion of what I got, but I nodded my head anyways. I wasn't hungry anymore and one thing I hated the most was shoving food down my throat when I wasn't starving.

"Should we go back?" Se Hun sighed as he leaned back in his chair.

I was kind of disappointed when he said that. Why would I want to go back to the hotel when it was only two o'clock in the afternoon? We still had the whole day and going back to the hotel would mean that we'd have nothing else to do. I stared at him again, hoping that he would say something like "let's go here", "let's go do this", "did you want to do something?", but after a minute or so, it was still silent and I decided that maybe he wasn't going to suggest any of those questions.

"You can go back." I said as I grabbed my cup of water and sipped it, only because I had no idea what to do. "I'm going to go around the area and see what they have."

Se Hun raised his eyebrow at me and shook his head, confusing me with his actions.

"What?" I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"You can't go alone." He said as if he was the teacher; demanding me that I must have someone watch over me. "Do you not realize that everytime you're alone, something bad happens to you?"

Okay, he was technically right, but it's broad day light and nothing's bad ever happened to me... Other than the ert on the bus, but who said I was going to take the bus to wherever I go? I don't even know the route around here. I'd take a taxi to wherever!

"I think I'll be fine." I finally said after some thought.

I got up from my seat and paid off our meal with my card that I had brought with me. Just as the girl, who grabbed my card, was about to ring us up, Se Hun took the card out from the girl's hand and threw his card in instead. I looked at him, but he was staring at the girl and nodded his head, telling her that we were going to use his card to pay. I waited until he recieved his reciept before stepping outside. We both stood outside the restaurant awkwardly. At least it was nice out today and it wasn't cold.

"I could have paid for it." I said under my breath.

"That would make me look stupid, you idiot." I saw him shaking his head from the corner of my eyes. "I'm the guy; I should be the one paying for our meal, not you."

I scoffed. I guess he has some pride in himself with things like these.

"What? You think it's funny?" He faced me and I could tell that he was a little offended from my actions.

"No..." I shook my head and started to walk off, wondering what I'll be doing for the rest of today.

"Where are you going?" He didn't move from where he was.

"I'm going to go do something instead of wasting my time at the hotel!" I yelled, not even turning back.

Just as I called a taxi, I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I smiled, knowing that it was Se Hun chasing after me. It was kind of a funny thought. I got into the taxi and just as I was about to close the door behind me, Se Hun grabbed the door and got into the taxi and sat next to me with an irritated face. I don't understand him. No one was forcing him to come with me. Who's the idiot now? Wait. I shouldn't have asked that question. It might come back and bite me in the .

 

 

The taxi dropped us off at Haeundae Beach. When we got out, Se Hun's expression told it all. He was probably thinking why we were here out of all the places we could be, but I had no intention to tell him why because you know what? That's what he always did to me. He never answers my questions, so this time, it was my turn to do the same thing to him. I wonder how he feels. Okay. I guess I'm being a little immature about it, but I'm just saying. Okay. Okay. Forget it. I shook my head from being so dumb and looked ahead at the beach. Goodness, even during this time of the year, the place was still pretty.

It was a good thing it wasn't summer because the beach would have been jammed pack. The area right now was a little empty. There were a few people running around playing fetch with their dogs, flying a kite, and what not, but it wasn't packed so there was room for me. I was excited to be here since I knew that this was one of the most visited places in Busan and even though it was cold, who wouldn't want to go to a beach and enjoy their day here? Obviously, Se Hun was one of them who didn't want to. Oh well.

I stepped onto the sand and my feet slowly sunk in. It didn't seem like Se Hun really wanted to come along so I decided to just keep walking till I got to the water. I stood by the shoreline, making sure that I wasn't in too deep that the water would drown my feet, but I was close enough for my hands to reach out and touch the water. I was bending down towards my knees and played with the sand between my fingers. The sand was cold and moist, but it felt nice on my skin. The wind wasn't strong today; it was just right and the sun beaming down was a little warm. I guess I was glad I was exempt from today's activities.

"Ahn Soo Jin!" I heard Se Hun yell from where I left him. I turned my head and stared at him. I'm sure he couldn't see my face so I smiled only because it was funny to see that he was acting like a little girl. "Let's go somewhere else!"

I didn't want to yell so instead of saying anything, I crossed my arms into a form of the letter "X" and turned back around. I didn't want to leave. I felt like I just got here and I wanted to enjoy every minute of it. And besides, we had all day to do other activities.

The water slowly crept up on the sand and I reached out to touch the water; it was freezing cold, but it still felt a little nice. I took my phone out after wiping my hands off on my jacket and took a picture of what was ahead of me. Being the conceited person I was, I decided to take a selfie of myself with a peace sign. I turned back around and was about to take a picture of myself with the beach behind me but stopped when I saw Se Hun standing before me. He looked more irritated than ever. I put my phone down and scoffed.

"Didn't you already take enough photos of yourself?" He asked scoffing at me.

I tilted my head and glared at him with an annoyed expression on my face. Was he standing here behind me the whole time while I was taking personal selfies? Even if he was, I was surprised that I didn't even hear him coming towards me.

"I'm making memories." I squeezed my phone in my hands.

"By yourself..." Se Hun was mocking me. What a jerk.

"Well, it doesn't look like you want to make memories with me, huh?" I blew out a sigh, pretending like I was devasted about it.

"You never asked me to." Okay, he was right. I didn't ask him to take pictures with me or ask him to do anything with me. Damn it. Why did he have to point that out? Now I feel stupid.

"I shouldn't have to." I crossed my arms and stared at him. "You were here anyways; you could have joined me."

"Didn't want to ruin your memories." He laughed.

I don't know why, but I found myself laughing at this too. "Stupid."

"Yah!" Se Hun bit his bottom lip.

"That's how I feel when you call me an idiot." I dramatically smiled, squinting my eyes and pursing my lips together.

"Cos' you are an idiot." He scoffed.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, not caring to say anything more to him. I knew he was just going to backfire something at me if I were to say something more.

"What are we even doing here? It's cold Soo Jin." Se Hun shook his head as he placed his hands into his jacket pockets. "Can't we go do something else that's warmer?"

"I didn't ask for you to come." I pouted.

"You're not cold?" He asked walking towards me.

"No." It was actually nice out. "Why?  Are you?"

"No..." I'm sure he was lying because I could see that his lips were trembling.

"Let's just stay here for a bit and then we can leave." I said after awhile of feeling bad. "It's so pretty out and it's nice."

He stared at me as if I said something stupid.

"What?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"Nothing." He shook his head and held a hand out in front of me. I only stared at him, confused at his actions. "Give me your phone."

"Why?" I grabbed my phone and held it.

"Just give it to me." He urged.

I handed him my phone and watched as he turned the camera towards me. I didn't know what exactly he was doing, but it looked like he was taking pictures of me. Was he doing this because he caught me trying to take a picture of myself and the beach just before he had iterrupted me? I don't know, but instead of posing, I stood there and stared at him. After a few seconds or so, he walked up to me, faced the same direction as me and held my phone in front of us.

"What are you doing?" I asked staring at him.

He stared back and me smirked. "Taking a picture of the both of us. What else?"

I watched as Se Hun turned his face back to the camera and made cute faces; faces that I've never seen him made before. I started smiling, not even realizing it and I'm sure he had captured it. I decided to face the camera as well. If we were going to take pictures together, I at least wanted to have a good picture with him. I smiled at the camera and just as he was about to take the picture, I saw him smile. It's not like it was the first time I've seen him smile, but this was the first time that he's smiled because he wanted to, not because of something funny and not because he was being forced to. It was unusual, but it moved me. I guess this gangster kid wasn't so bad, huh?

 

 


 
**A/N: I love it when you guys leave comments <3 Thank you. Keke~! Enjoy reading. There's still more to come! Don't worry. Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!