Chapter 25

My Gangster

Chapter 25

 

"Soo Jin... Ahn Soo Jin..." I felt someone's nuding me. I turned around and saw Jung Ah staring at me. "Damn, you smell like alcohol." She held her nose and stepped away from me.

I sat up and quickly tied my hair back into a ponytail. "When did I get back?"

"Se Hun brought you back. You don't remember?" She asked crossing her arms. "Our homeroom teacher caught the two of you coming in after curfew and now you two can't go out with us!"

I just sat there and stared at Jung Ah. I tried to recall back what had happened, but I really couldn't recall anything. Instead of trying to question anything else, I went into the bathroom and just washed my face. I didn't care about not being able to attend what our class was up to. I was too tired anyway to want to go. Surprisingly, I didn't get an hangover. I guess that drink wasn't as bad; maybe that was their specialty? I don't know, but all that matters is that I'm not going to spend this time with a hangover.

When I got out from the bathroom after tying my hair up into a sock bun, I quickly changed my clothes into a pair of dark skinny jeans and a white sweater with a tan scarf around my neck. I put on my brown combat boots and tied them on. As soon as I finished getting ready, Jung Ah pulled me up so we could go and eat breakfast. I didn't want to eat since I really had no appetite, but I guess there was nothing better else to do.

"What were you doing with Se Hun last night?" Jung Ah asked as she pressed the button for the elevator. It opened and we quickly went inside, not caring if other people were on their way to the elevator as well. "Is that why I lost you?"

"No, I lost you and Se Hun happened to find me." I rolled my eyes with a yawn.

"Whatever you say~" Jung Ah sang.

We got out of the elevator and went straight to the dining room where our other classmates were. Jung Ah and I grabbed ourselves a plate of food and found a small table to sit at. Many people were staring at me, as if something had happened, but there was no clue to why they were. Instead of being bothered, I ignored it and ate my food quietly. I was just about to take a bite into my eggs when my homeroom teacher walked up to our table. She didn't look happy with her arms crossed. I'm sure this was all because of yesterday. I'm ready for it.

"I'm sure Se Hun already told you that you two cannot join in our venture today." My teacher pressed her lips together, as if she was really sad that I wasn't going. "I really wish you could go, but I have to be fair to other students who didn't make it before the curfew as well. As for you and Se Hun, you two are not to go anywhere." I only nodded my head. "Today's the day where we're going to be gone till almost ten at night, so I hope you'll find something to do in the mean time."

"Are you saying that I can do whatever I want?" I asked smirking.

"No." She rolled her eyes at me. "You are to go nowhere while we're gone."

Instead of saying anything, I nodded my head. When she was far enough, I heaved a sigh. Was my teacher clueless? She clearly just told me that they won't back till ten at night, so that means that I can go out and have some fun before they come back. This was going to be easier and better than I thought. Did she really think I was going to be staying in my room the whole night just because she said so? I think she forgot that there were no such things as bodyguards for us students here in Busan.

"We're going to be gone the whole day and that means that you won't be with me." Jung Ah pouted as she stabbed her egg with the fork. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm not going to stay in my room the whole day." I shrugged as I bit into my bread. "If I decide to do anything, I'm going to make sure to be back before you guys."

"How are you so sure we'll be back before us?" Jung Ah raised her eyebrows.

"You." I said lifting up my phone. "Text me when you are all on your way and I'll make it back before you guys."

"Heol." She rolled her eyes at me, but I only laughed. "You're only using me."

"What do you want me to do? I can't stay in a hotel the whole day. We're in Busan, Jung Ah." I put my fork down and stared at her. "And plus, you're my best friend. I know you'll do it for me."

"I hate you." She stuffed the egg into and glared at me.

 

 

After Jung Ah left our hotel room, I brushed me teeth again and rested in bed. I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do while they were gone. It was too bad I didn't really know my way around here in Busan. I took my phone out from my pocket and looked at what there was to do here. There were a lot of places to go, but the best things that I wanted to go to only happened at night. I couldn't wait the whole night just to do something. Great. I closed my eyes and threw my arms back onto the bed. What was I going to do? I can't stay here all night alone.

I guess I could just take a nap and maybe by the time I get up, I'll be able to go do whatever I want. I sat up and was just about to take off my shoes when I heard someone knocking on the door. I quickly got up to my feet and ran over to the door. When I peaked through the peep hole, I couldn't see anything. It was as if the person who was on the other side of the door was covering it. Wow. Could they be more immature? I wasn't going to open the door just because they did that. I leaned back against the wall and crossed my arms. If they knocked again, I'll be nice and maybe open it.

"Yah!" I didn't know why, but I started laughing. The person on the other side of the door had just yelled at me, but I found it more funny because they were mad. Why were they mad? I should be the one who's mad. I couldn't see who it was. I decided to open the door since I knew they were probably frustrated. Just as I did, Se Hun pushed the door and I fell backwards onto my . When he walked into my room and saw me on the floor, he shook his head at me. "Idiot."

"Rude!" I stood up and patted myself down. "Why did you block the peep hole?!"

"Why didn't you just open the door?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"What if it was a robber?" I crossed my arms and glared at him. "I was just trying to play it safe."

"Wow, about time you decide to play it safe." He was now glaring at me.

Did he really just offend me? Well, I guess I couldn't blame him. I never really thought about my actions, but did he have to be so mean about it? What the hell.

"What are you doing here?" I asked finally.

"Did you want to come with me?" He asked as his eyes avoided mine.

"To where?" I asked raising my eybrow at him. "You know we can't leave the hotel."

"Like you were planning to stay here the whole night." He scoffed.

"You never know! I can't disobey my homeroom teacher." I lied. I was planning to go somewhere later.

"Shut up." Se Hun shook his head at me. "Grab your coat. Let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked not moving.

Se Hun's eyes were now piercing right through me, as if he was about to kick my for asking so many questions. I decided not to ask anymore questions because it would have frustrated him even more and that would also cause me more unanswered questions. I grabbed my coat and my key for the hotel and shut the door behind me. I thought he was going to wait for me, but he was already walking to the elevator. Wow. He asks me to go somewhere with him, but he won't even wait for me? Stupid gangster kid.

 

 

Se Hun and I were walking down the street and just as we passed by a flower shop, Se Hun turned back around and went inside. I followed him and didn't ask any questions. I already knew what the answer was going to be; silence. I watched as he walked around the store of the shop and looked at all kind of flowers. He picked up a small bunch of flowers that were blue. They were pretty. Se Hun made his way to the front desk and the lady lightly smiled at him.

"Are you going to meet someone?" The lady asked as she rung Se Hun's flowers up. "These are very popular."

"Mmm." Se Hun pressed his lips together in a firm line.

"These aren't for your girlfriend back there, right?" The lady asked staring at me.

Okay. Why do people think we're dating? Just because we happened to be together at a time like this or any time doesn't mean that we're dating. Gosh. I swear, people need to get it straight. I'm not dating Oh Se Hun. That's just...

"My girlfriend doesn't like flowers." Se Hun smiled.

He... Why does he keep calling me his girlfriend when I clearly wasn't his girlfriend? Has anyone else ever noticed that he's called me his girlfriend everytime something bad had happened to me? And the weirdest part of this whole situation was the fact that Se Hun knew I didn't like flowers. I hated flowers. I wasn't like any other girl out there; I didn't want to recieve flowers since they really didn't mean much to me. I wonder how he found out about that. Maybe he really was stalking me?

"Your girlfriend's very pretty." The lady gave Se Hun her flowers.

"Thank you." Se Hun smile turned into a smirk, annoying me.

"Have a good day." The lady waved as Se Hun grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the flower shop.

When we were far enough from the flower shop, Se Hun called for a taxi and we got into the car. The taxi drove us off for about twenty minutes before I realized where we were. Se Hun got out of the car first and waited for me, but my heart was twisting inside of my chest. He came over to my side of the door and opened it, nodding his head in the direction to get out. I obeyed him and got out of the car. He closed the door behind me after he paid the taxi driver. I stared at Se Hun and saw that his facial expression dramatically changed.

"Why didn't you tell me we were coming here?" I asked as I watched him look down at the flowers in a pensive way.

"Let's go." Se Hun sighed before walking up the pathway.

I heaved a small sigh before walking after him. We were at the cemetary where his grandfather was put to rest. I remember the exact day that we came here. Se Hun had refused to cremate his grandfather. No matter how many times people had suggested it, he made sure his grandpa was going to be buried where his grandmother was. I'm sure his heart was hurting right now and I'm sure that it took a lot of courage for Se Hun to come here. Or mabye he really did want to come here? That's why he came on the trip... Right?

When we arrived to his grandfather's grave, I watched as Se Hun bent down towards the ground, still on his feet, and staring at the tombstone with his grandfather's name engraved to it. He brushed away the weeds that were on the grave and threw them behind him. The flowers that he was holding in his hands were set down in front of the grave. Finally, Se Hun bowed his head and got onto his knees. My heart was aching inside and I found myself crying. It was sad seeing that Se Hun was like this. I didn't know what to do. I decided to stay quiet.

After at least five minutes of silence, Se Hun stood up and took a deep breath and blew it out. He reached over and touched the tomb stone again and I swear, I saw that he was crying. I saw him wipe his cheek as he turned to face me. The way he was looking at me made me realize that I had forgotten that I was crying. I quickly wiped my tears and pressed my lips together, waiting for him to say or do something. He walked over to me and patted my shoulders and then walked past me. I followed after him without saying a word again.

Just as we got out of the cemetary area, Se Hun leaned against the gates of the area and blew out another sigh, running a hand through his blonde hair. He looked frustrated, which I didn't understand. When his eyes darted over to me, I looked away and pretended that I wasn't staring. The atmosphere around us wasn't awkward at all though. It was more... Sad and quiet. 

"Thank you." Se Hun said looking up at the sky now. "For staying by my side and not saying anything."

I looked over at him and only smiled even though he wasn't staring at me. I don't know why, but I found myself walking over to him. He was now staring at me, confused to why I was getting closer to him. 

"What are you doing?" He asked raising his eyebrow at me.

"Shhh." I said as I put a finger to my mouth.

Without saying another word, I hugged Se Hun and let out a sigh. We stood like that for for awhile. I didn't even know when it started, but he was hugging me back, his head leaning on top of my head.

 

 


 

**A/N: I didn't have class today since it was President's Day! Hehe. I guess it was a really good time to update, huh? Lol. Here's a little chapter for you all to enjoy! Keke! Oh. Do you guys like Topp Dogg? My chingu/dongsaeng is writing a story about them. Go and support/read her story! It's called When Love Knocks You Down. It's her first story so don't be too harsh on her! Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!