Chapter 23

My Gangster

Chapter 23

 

All my classmates and I had ended up in the lobby, waiting for everything to be settled. I looked around at my surroundings to see that Se Hun and his friends weren't in the lobby with us. I might have looked a little dumb because I was turning my head back and forth, trying to see if they were just being blocked by my classmates, but they really weren't there. I didn't even realize that I've been doing this until Jung Ah hit my arm, making me look at her. She gave me a stern look before rolling her eyes at me. I shrugged it off and decided to look down at my feet.

"Your homeroom teachers and I have decided that you guys will be stuck with us from morning till a little before dinner starts. We'll go on a trip together until lunch, rest, and then you guys will have the rest of the night to yourselves." My homeroom teacher was walking back and forth counting our heads. "I will explain more about your freedom after we eat lunch..." She looked down at her watch. "Which is in three hours. In the mean time, we'll be going to Beomeosa Temple."

A few of my classmates groaned.

"It's a great historical place to see. I don't know why you guys are all groaning over this. A lot of tourist love coming here and you all should be happy that we're taking you there." My homeroom teacher shook her head. "It may not seem like something to look forward to, but I promise you, when we're there, you guys will love it." She stopped pacing back and forth and looked down at her clipboard. "We are missing..." She tapped her clipboard with the pen she was holding. "We're missing five people... Where is Se Hun, Lu Han, Baek Hyun, Chan Yeol, and Kai?"

Jung Ah suddenly nudged me and made me look up. I saw that my homeroom teacher was now staring at me. "What?"

"Did you see Se Hun or his other friends?" I shook my head. Why did it have to be out of all the people she asked? Did the whole school know about the two of us? "Are you sure? You're not lying, are you?"

"What?" Seriously. Was she being serious? My teacher is so stupid. Why and what makes her think that I should know where Se Hun whereabouts are? Since when did I have the responsibility of that gangster kid?

"Does anyone have their number then?" All of my classmates shook their head except me. My teacher looked back at me. "Do you know their number, Ahn Soo Jin?"

"I-" I was about to say something, but I saw Se Hun, Lu Han, Baek Hyun, Chan Yeol, and Kai making their way towards us. They stood behind the crowd quietly. By look at Se Hun's face, he looked a little annoyed. "They're right there..." I pointed out quietly.

My teacher looked back and then went back to her clipboard to mark them off. After, she forced all of us to get onto the bus again and we headed off to Beomeosa Temple. The ride there was quick and everybody seemed to be getting excited about it. We got off and bought our way into the area. Jung Ah and I hooked our arms together as we followed behind our classmates.

"Does our homeroom teacher know about you and Se Hun?" Jung Ah whispered into my ear quietly. "She only looked at you when she asked for Se Hun and his friends."

"I know. I was thinking the same thing." I shrugged.

 

 

After going through the whole temple, taking pictures, learning about it's historical nature, meeting with workers of the place, etc., our class finally got back on the bus. Everyone was exhausted and it was way past lunch time. Everyone slept on the way back to the hotel. Even our homeroom teacher had all fallen asleep. I was the only who was awake. I looked at my phone and leaned my head back against my chair. I was tired, but I wasn't tired enough to go to sleep. There were so many things to do here and that's what was on my mind the whole day. I'm glad that our teachers will be letting us get free time because being stuck with them for the whole day is not something anyone would be looking forward to.

"Ah, I'm starving..." Jung Ah patted her stomach as she opened her eyes.

"I thought you were asleep?" I asked looking over at her confused.

"I was, but my stomach kept growling..." She groaned. "We better have a feast when we get back."

"Let's go out tonight." I said looking through my phone and looking at the activities we could do here.

"What did you want to do?" She asked sitting up and leaning towards me to see what there was.

"Hmmm?" I scrolled through my phone and looked. "Should we... Should we go shopping?"

"Where? I heard they had a fourteen-story department here in Busan." She grabbed my bad arm and squeezed it. "Let's go there!"

"Oww... Jung Ah..." I tried to yank her arm away, but she was too into the moment to even notice.

"My parents gave me money so we have to go, Soo Jin." Her eyes were gleeful as my eyes started to water. I didn't know she was that strong because her grip around my arm hurt so bad. "I'll even buy you something. We don't even have to go through all fourteen stories... Or should we? We have to..."

"Jung Ah..." A tear escaped my eyes since I couldn't hold back that I was in pain.

Jung Ah finally let go of my arm and started to rub it lightly. "Oh my god, Soo Jin... I keep forgetting..." She looked terribly sorry so I had to force myself to smile after wiping away the tear that left my eye. "Soo Jin... I'm so sorry... I'll buy you something for sure."

"No, it's okay..." I forced myself to laugh.

She didn't stop rubbing my arm. I tried to make her stop, repeating that it was okay, but she felt horrible and she wouldn't stop. I gave up on trying to convince her.

 

 

After everyone was done having lunch, everyone went back to their hotel room and rested. I'm sure that since everyone was exhausted, everyone went to go take a nap. We were supposed to meet up back in the lobby area when it was just about dinner time, so that was around 5:oo in the evening. I was standing in front of the mirror after my shower. I looked at my arm and saw that it was healing, but it was healing very slowly. I swear, people are going to make my arm worse! I could see the bruising around my whole arm; it had turned a light purple and greenish color. Sick. It was a good thing I had brought bandages with me so I could wrap it up.

Jung Ah was already sleeping by the time I got out of the bathroom. I was going to ask her to help me bandage this up, but I decided not to bother her. Since I was already dressed up in a pair of jeans and plain white t-shirt, I took my bandage roll and headed out of the hotel room. I needed to find someone to wrap my arm since I couldnt' do it myself. I had decided that it was best to ask my homeroom teacher since she was only down the hall. I started making my way towards room when someone stepped in front of me. I looked up and my face automatically turned into a frown.

"What are you doing out here?" Jae Hyun smirked at me playfully. "Are you planning to go out before our teachers let us go?"

I would have done anything to be able to uppercut him right then and there, but I wasn't in the mood to use any strength against him. I don't even know why I would waste my time on someone like him anyways. He was definitely someone I never understood. He cared for me once awkwardly, would be an the next day, and then would play some mysterious guy who likes to play riddles with me. Ugh.

"What do you want?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Your arm..." His eyes darted to my arm. I felt uncomfortable, the way he was looking at it, so I turned my body a bit to get it out of his sight, but that didn't stop him. He lightly grabbed my arm and pulled it back. "Does it still hurt?" Why did this annoying guy sound so concern? It wasn't like him and it was making the atmosphere awkward. "Did you make it worse? It's all bruised up."

"It's nothing." I pulled my arm back and glared at him.

"Were you looking for someone to wrap the bandage around your arm?" He asked as he pointed at the roll in my hands.

"No..." I put it out of his sight and looked around him. "I was..."

"God, Soo Jin, I know you hate me, but you don't have to be so stubborn about it." Jae Hyun grabbed the roll out of my hands from my back and started to unroll it slowly. He held a hand out in front of me, but I only stared at it. "Give me your arm." I didn't do as he said, so he ended up grabbing my arm and started to wrap the bandage around it. "Tell me if it's too tight."

While he wrapped the bandage around my arm, I watched his facial expression. For the first time in my life, Jae Hyun looked so caring and concentrated. I couldn't help but notice that he was actually really handsome up close. I didn't even feel his hands on my arms since I was too busy staring at him. After realizing that he was about to finish, I looked away from him and blew out a sigh, pretending that I was getting fed up with how long he was taking.

"There..." Jae Hyun lightly patted my arm and grabbed my hand and placed the bandage in it. "Take care of yourself better." He shook his head at me. "And if you ever need help, you don't have to be stubborn about it just because it's me."

"Waaah. Maybe I should take advantage at how nice you can actually be." I sarcastically said as I clasped my hands together.

"Yah!" He hissed at me. "Just because I said that doesn't mean you can take advantage of me!"

"I was kidding, Jae Hyun." I looked back at my arm and smiled. "Thanks."

"Wow. Is this really the first time that the two of us are getting along?" He raised his eyebrows at me and smiled.

"Don't get used to it." I rolled my eyes. "Jung Ah was asleep so I had to find someone to wrap it for me."

"And what about Se Hun?" He asked crossing his arms. "Why didn't you just ask him?"

I rolled my eyes. "Does everything I do or say have to do anything with him?"

"What? Are you getting upset?" He chuckled.

"No, but you all act like it." I shook my head. "We're nothing..."

"I thought the two of yo uwere hitting it off well." He scoffed.

"I'm leaving." I turned around and was just about to head back to my room when I saw Se Hun standing there with a smirk on his face. I turned back around to see if Jae Hyun was there, but he was already gone. What the hell? Were these guys ninjas or something?

"Looks like you two get along." Se Hun walked towards me and touched my arm. He was examining it. "You actually let him do this for you?"

I pulled my arm back and blew air out of my nose. "Mmm... I was going to ask my homeroom teacher but Jae Hyun was here so..."

"So what?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

"What are you even doing out here?" I asked changing the subject since it was getting awkward.

"I came to get some fresh air." He crossed his arms and looked over my head. "Did you want to come?"

"No..." I looked down at my feet. "I'm going to go back in and take a nap."

Se Hun shrugged and then walked past me without saying a word. I turned around and watched as he left me in the hallway. Wow. He didn't even try to convince me to go and hang out wit him; not like I care, but he could have at least tried. Whatever. I was going to go take a nap anyways and my arm was still kind of throbbing. I don't need to hang out with him. What was I even thinking? My mind is definitely flipping everywhere with all these stupid emotions. Ugh. Stupid gangster kid.

 

 


 

**A/N: I'm going to go cry a river now that EXO's Showtime is over. *Sigh. What am I going to do on Thursdays now? If you haven't, go watch it. Baekhundred subbed the videos so go thank her <3 She worked all night to sub it for us all! Click this link HERE for episode 12 and it'll take you to the video since it's unlisted. Anyways, I've started a new story so go and read it too and subscribe or anything! It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!