Chapter 12

My Gangster

Chapter 12

 

I was exhuasted today. Being at school was making me drowsy and I probably had headache because my head hurt, but that was only if I decided to move in my seat. Class was boring as always. My teacher talked to us like we were kids and we didn't understand anything. I guess the only ones who clearly didn't understand anything were my classmates. Ugh. Why was I stuck in this class? I guess I was glad this was my last year anyways, so I don't have to worry about anything.

Jung Ah had fallen asleep half way through the lecture our teacher had given us. When it was lunch, I didn't even bother waking her up because she always growled at me and then acted like a pain in the because I had woken her up to go eat. On my way to the lunch room, I saw Jae Hyun walking towards me. He was smiling, as if he had something exciting to tell me. I didn't care to hear it. I walked off past him, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. Finally, someone grabbed the good arm instead of the bad one. Maybe my arm will finally be able to heal correctly.

"Park Soo Hyuk is looking for you in the cafeteria. I heard you saved him yesterday from Se Hun." The way Jae Hyun was looking at me made me feel uncomfortable. "He told me a few things about your little Se Hun, and I suggest that you start stepping up your game."

I pulled my arm back and looked at Jae Hyun. What was he talking about? Step up my game? Hearing things about Se Hun? Was Jae Hyun just trying to start crap with me? I definitely wasn't in the mood.

"You don't believe me?" Jae Hyun crossed his arms and cockily smirked at me. "Go talk to Soo Hyuk since he's looking for you anyway. The guy seems to know a lot about Se Hun." With that, Jae Hyun walked away from me, as if he had just won an argument against me. I didn't even say anything. Stupid.

Instead of letting it bother me, I went to the cafeteria and looked for something to eat. I didn't even realize I was starving. I got myself the main meal and found an open table to sit on. Just as I was about to take a bite out of my food, Soo Hyuk, since that was his name, sat across from me and smiled. He wasn't that bad looking, now that his face was clear of blood, but his face was pretty much bruised and scarred from Se Hun beating him up pretty badly.

"Thanks for yesterday, Soo Jin." He smiled even wider. "I don't know what would have happened if I didn't run into you." He leaned on the table, towards me. "Why'd you save me if you're dating Se Hun?"

The hell? Does everyone in this school think that we're dating? Hah. I wanted to laugh in everyone's face. Who claimed that we were dating? Did I have to remind everyone that he rejected me? Just kidding. Let's not go there.

"We're not dating and I only saved you because he took it too far." I rolled my eyes and poked at my food.

"He seems to care about you." Why was he even talking me again? "Are you sure you two aren't dating?"

"What makes you and the school think that we're dating? We've talked a few times and he's helped me out, but it doesn't mean we're automatically boyfriend and girlfriend." I was irritated and tired. Definitely not a good combination right now.

"Do you want to know why he beat me up?" He scoffed as he looked down at his hands. "I know you've encountered the guy many times, but do you even know him? I'm sure you don't even know anything about him."

Thinking about it, Soo Hyuk was right. I knew nothing about Se Hun. I only knew that he was a mob gangster, he beat up on people, he was supposedly rich, and he saved me multiple times. Okay. So what? What was this guy's point anyway? Did he want to tell me something about Se Hun? Is that what Jae Hyun was trying to get at? Seriously. Why am I surrounded by so many people lately? I blame it on the first Monday I talked about. Ever since then, I've never had any luck.

"I saw you last night at the clubs with Se Hun." Seriously. Everyone is stalking me. "What? Are you sure the two of you aren't dating? I heard from a few people that you came to fetch him and that he saved you from someone forcing you to take a shot."

"What do you want?" I asked staring at him. "Did you want me to say that we're dating so you could get off my back? I don't know why you're even bringing any of this up."

"I want a favor from you." He eyed me down.

"A favor? I already helped you from getting killed yesterday." I glared at him.

"This just isn't any favor." He stood up and walked over to me and sat down.

"What is it?" I asked. I wasn't going to accept it. I just wanted to know what was going through this guy's mind.

"Let me confirm one thing first." He leaned over towards me. "Do you like Se Hun?"

I backed up from the guy and stared at him. "No." Actually, I wasn't even sure of my feelings. I never questioned myself that at all. I was just hanging around the kid because I needed him to fall for me. Wait. I take that back. He's the one who's hanging around me.

"Then this is a favor that you can do easily." He smirked at me. "Do you like concerts?"

 

 

What was I getting myself into? Gosh, I'm giving myself a bigger headache. I've never gone to a concert, but I decided to just accept the damn favor because hey, who would say no to a free concert? Well, he was paying and I was going. Also, I wanted to know why he wanted to take me since it was tonight as well. I guess it had something to do with Se Hun, obviously. I was curious. That also meant that I had to find something decent to wear. I didn't want to look like a wreck at a concert. But thinking about it, wouldn't I just go casual? It's just a concert...

"Soo Jin!" Jung Ah hit my good arm to get my attention. "Why don't you ever pay attetion to what I'm saying?"

"Oh? I'm... I'm sorry." I laughed as I turned my attention to her. "What were you saying?"

"I was asking you why you accepted to go to the concert with Park Soo Hyuk." Jung Ah rolled her eyes.

"I was actually just thinking of that." I tapped my chin and sighed. "What should I wear?"

"You act like you're going on date. I hope you didn't forget about your bet with Jae Hyun." Jung Ah went into my closet and threw a white dress up shirt at me. "Here, wear that with a pair of jeans and then your plum colored heels."

I stared at her. "What is this?"

"A chic outfit for you to wear to a concert. You have to be comfortable, but also have to look nice." She pushed me into the bathroom. "Go curl your hair into waves and put a little bit of lipstick on, lightly though!"

I did as Jung Ah told me to. I always wondered how I was more popular than Jung Ah when she knew about beauty tips and fashion, but I knew nothing. I was very plain compared to her. I never understood what people saw in me. I finally put my outfit on and looked at myself in the mirror. I hope my arm doesn't decide to bleed because this white shirt wasn't going to do it then, but anways. I was amazed at how I looked. I wasn't that bad. I came out to show Jung Ah and she laughed at me...

"What? Why are you laughing? You're the one who chose-"

"You look amazing." Jung Ah said cutting me off. "I wasn't laughing at your outfit. I was laughing because you actually look really pretty when you try."

"I don't understand how you find that funny." I glared at her.

"Come here." Jung Ah waved me over and I walked towards her. She helped tucked the front of my shirt into my pants so it looked good and rolled up the sleeves to my elbows. She ed the first few buttons from my neck and ruffled my hair a little. "There. Now when is he supposed to be here to pick you up?"

 

 

When Soo Hyuk and I arrived to the building where the concert was being held, he held a hand out for me, I stared at his hand, as if I didn't know what it was. He must have been annoyed cos' he grabbed my hand and held onto it. It was a weird feeling. I've never really had someone hold onto my hand like this. I mean, I have, but those were times when people were pulling me away, not when we were walking somewhere like we were going on a date. Strange feeling...

Inside was loud like I thought it would be. There was a band fixing their cords up on stage an there were many people, who seemed around their twenties, walking around with drinks in their hands. There was a bar in the back and only two bartenders there making drinks. The lights in the building were flashing around. I swear, I was going to go blind, but it's not like I was going to walk around by myself anyways. Soo Hyuk was leading me to wherever the hell we were going. I saw a few girls stare at me and they even commented that I was really pretty. I guess I was pretty to everyone. Those girls weren't bad their selves. They were probably prettier than me.

"Here, sit down at this booth and don't go anywhere, okay?" Soo Hyuk made me sit down and finally let my hand go. "Please just act like we don't know each other."

"What?" How is he going to take me here and then tell me that we're supposed to act like we don't know each other?

"You said you'd do me this favor, right? Just... Just play along to what I'm going to do." Soo Hyuk sighed before he left me alone. Great. Now I was going to be alone at some concert that I had no idea of.

I don't know how long I was sitting there, but I've finished at least two cups of water and a cup of coke. My head was pounding and clearly, the loud noise coming from the band wasn't making things any better. Where did Soo Hyuk go and why was I here alone? Was he planning to make scene with me or use me? Oh wait. Is he using me? Wow. I came here just to be used? He better freaking give me two times more worth of what he owes me back! I swear. I always accept the stupidest things ever. I'm so stupid. I should just go home...

I stood up from my booth and just as I was about to turn my body to leave, I saw Soo Hyuk making out with some girl in the corner, a few feet away from the bathroom. Disgusting. He took me here so he could make out with someone near the bathroom? Out of all the opened spaces here, he could have at least sat across from me... Okay. You get what I mean. What the hell? I wasn't even mad, but how is he going to take me here, leave me alone, and go make out with another girl? I didn't get what the point of me being here was. I rolled my eyes. My head is not feeling better from trying to figure out this .

I turned back around and just as I was about to leave my booth, I felt a pair of strong hands wrap around my bad arm. Seriously. I just want my damn arm to heal so can people stop grabbing me there?! I was irritated enough. When I turned my head back to see who it was, I froze. This guy looked like a bouncer, but he was dressed nicely in casual clothes. He threw me down back onto my booth and sat down next to me. He waved a waitress over to order a drink and then looked over at me. I was scared. Why did I have to be pretty? Why couldn't I be born to with a mustache or maybe even a unibrow?

"Are you Ahn Soo Jin?" The guy asked me.

I nodded my head.

"That means you know Oh Se Hun then." Who was this guy? Did he know Oh Se Hun too then? Obviously, if he asked me if I knew him. Stupid. I really am an idiot. "I'm sure you already know, but he beat up one of my nephews the other week and I was really upset about it. My nephew said it had something to do with you though."

"Nephew?" I looked over at him.

"Park Soo Hyuk is my nephew. He was just minding his own business when Se Hun beat him up at school." The guy sighed and cracked his knuckles. "Do you know why Soo Hyuk was beaten up by Se Hun?"

I shook my head.

"Don't lie to me."

"I really don't." This guy was scaring me.

"I guess he's just jealous that his ex-girlfriend was dumped by my nephew after they had a few drinks and... Do I have to go into detail with what happened during the rest of the night?" I shook my head. I didn't want to know nor did I want to find out more. I didn't understand what this guy's point was. What was I doing here? "Well, you see, the reason why you're here is so we can make him pay for what he did."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"There's rumors going around that he's been protecting you like you're someone special to him." He laughed as if this were a joke. "Se Hun with a pretty girl is beyond anyone's imaginations. Even his ex-girlfriend wasn't pretty. But you? Why does he like you so much? Is it only because you're pretty?"

"Se Hun and I aren't in that kind of relationship." I rolled my eyes. My headache was getting worst. "Why does everyone think that?"

"It's because we know Se Hun. He doesn't involve himself with girls and you're somehow the only girl he's ever really involved himself with. Sure, you're pretty, but why would someone like you be around him?" I wish I could tell him the truth, but he'd probably just laugh in my face like he kind of was right now. "Point is. We're going to take away the things that are precious to him. Do you understand that my nephew almost had a concussion?"

"I get it. Now, can I go?" I stood up, but he didn't move.

"You think I'm letting you go? You don't understand anything at all, do you?" He scoffed. "You're our bait. You're the one who's going to lure him over here so we can return what he did to my nephew."

"What are you talking about?" I was now afraid of what was going to happen. I looked around and saw Soo Hyuk still jabbing his tongue into that girl's mouth.

The guy came closer to me and because I was scared, I pushed him away, but he grabbed my arms and pushed me back against the wall in the booth. He held my arms and pressed it against my chest as his face came towards me. I turned my face as soon as I felt his breath on my skin. Why did I feel like I was getting harrassed so much? I tried to push the guy off of me, but I had no strength. It wasn't helping that my head was pounding. I was so afraid, tears started to come down my cheeks.

"Oh? You're scared? Maybe you should call your boyfriend and tell him to come here." He leaned towards me, but stopped when he felt someone tap his shoulders.

It was Soo Hyuk.

"Let me do this instead." Soo Hyuk smirked. "It'd be more entertaining and you can watch my back if anything happens."

The guy let go of me and Soo Hyuk now held my arms. He pressed his body up against me and sat on my legs. His breath was running down my neck. I was disgusted. How could he take me here and harrass me like this? I thought he said that he was going to repay me and if this was his way, he was going to get it once I'm out of his grasp!

"I never thought I'd get a chance to get so close to the prettiest girl at our school. Ah, maybe even take her first kiss?" His lips were a few inches away from mine, but  I turned my face before he pressed it against mine. "What? Are you saving your first kiss for someone else? Tell me, Ahn Soo Jin, who are you waiting for?"

"Get off of me!" I tried to push him off, but his grip was too tight. He used one hand and held my wrist together and used his free hand to trace the lining of my collarbones. "Stop..." I sounded so weak.

Behind Soo Hyuk, I heard loud bangings and crashes. I tried to look at what it was, but Soo Hyuk blocked my way and wrapped his free hand around my neck. He let me breathe, but I didn't even feel like I could. How could  he do this to me? Just as he was leaning in and was about to kiss me, his head yanked back forcefully and his body was thrown onto the ground.

"Get off my girlfriend, you sick bastard!"

 

 


 
**A/N: Early update because my classes were cancelled! Woot! It's -20 below -_-" Are you guys keeping warm? Lol... I gained over subscribers within a day and half! Yay! It makes me so happy and gives me more motivation to write my story. Thanks for being interested! I'm going to have a new fanfic soon so I hope you guys would be interested! Hehe~! Enjoy reading this chapter :) Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!