0000DP

Marketplace Layouts How-To

DESCRIPTION PATCH: HIDDEN TEXT

For users who have applied 2+ content tag layouts to their descriptions, here is a question for you. Have you ever wanted to get rid of an ugly [CONTENTID1], [CONTENTID2] shown outside your story (on the latest updated page, on your view stories page, etc)?

 

Well. Now you can with this quick trick. Go to your foreword (editing mode). Copy the text of your description that you wish to show (do not delete the description you copied). Then, paste it in front of the very beginning, before the first content tag. You can type something else if you wish. Remember, whatever you type at the very beginning will be shown outside your story. For this example, I chose to have a different description outside my Layout Previews.

Once you have typed in the description outside of the tag, click the "Save Changes" button.

save_foreword.gif

You can check your outside story description by viewing your stories "USERNAME's Authored Stories."

Now check your foreword. The description does not show up twice. If you typed in something else at the beginning, before the content tag, you will not see it in the foreword. No HOLEY MOLEY anywhere.

Try it.

 

 

Extra: Live example - Description outside story // Description inside story