Chapter 7: Confession

Secretly Inlove

 

 

 

 

 

Jinwoon: please?

 

Jinwoon keeps barging Jiyeon since early in the morning, even up until now, even they both already at home, he keeps following on Jiyeon like he was some kind of her tail.

 

Jiyeon: I said it was a no Jin! (he said firmly)

 

Jinwoon: Wae? I thought you were my best friend? (he said tone like being hurt)

 

Jiyeon: oh don’t use that tactics on me it wouldn’t be working. (she said entering her room)

 

Jinwoon followed her inside.

 

Jinwoon: YAH! (he even stomped his own feet.)

 

Jiyeon: it’s still a no Jin (there is a hint of sadness in her voice)

 

Jinwoon: just help me with this one? Okay? Please?

 

Why the hell I would do that? Jiyeon wanted to shout it out loud. Yet, she can’t. she look at him suppressing any emotions she might see to him.

 

She was hurt, big time, Jinwoon asking her to help him from making up things to Nicole was too much for her to bear. But who was she right?

 

She was his mere bestfriend who endures, hiding her real feelings towards him.

 

And she can’t do anything about it, since her best friend was deeply and madly in love with someone else.

 

Jinwoon looks at her with pitiful eyes, begging.

 

Jiyeon sighed heavily, she can’t bear him like this. It breaks her heart more.

 

Jiyeon: fine. What do you want me to do? (she said defeatedly)

 

---

 

IU: what? (she said in disbelief, annoyance was evident in her voice) You really out of your mind? I know your some kind of slow but not as stupid as now. Jeez

 

Jiyeon pretended not listening at all.

 

IU: are you really a masochist?

 

But Jiyeon still didn’t response, keeps herself busy over nothing.

 

IU: fine you really are (rolling her eyes) I just don’t understand why you hurting yourself this badly.

 

Jiyeon: you don’t need to understand me though, coz I’m fine really, really fine

 

IU: (she looks sad at her friend) no. you’re wrong I do understand what you really felt. Fine then! Let’s go! Let’s eat some ice cream, my treat! (She beam)

 

.

.

.

 

IU: so why you agreed in the first place? (she ask as they eating ice cream)

 

Jiyeon: it’s Jinwoon’s presentation next week ,but it seems they have some little argument, that’s why I need to make sure that Nicole would definitely watch his performance. It seems that (she paused) his performance would be for Nicole (sadness in her voice)

 

IU: and you will go there broke your heart into tiny pieces as you watch the man you love serenade the person he loved. Is that so?

 

Jiyeon: I want him to be happy (she said sincerely)

 

IU: by means of breaking your heart?

 

Jiyeon: it doesn’t matter, as long he was happy, I’m happy with you.

 

IU: Aigo! (she tsk.) if I were you confess your feelings to him, maybe have a change of heart once he knew.

 

 

---

 

Jinwoon: So how is it? did you asks her?

 

Jiyeon: yeah. (she said lamely)

 

Jinwoon: what she said?

 

Jiyeon: she say yes.

 

Jinwoon: yes! (he even punch in air) thank you Yeonie! You’re the best! (he hugs his best friend)

 

---

 

At the library:

 

Jiyeon was busy looking for the books in shelves when JB went near to her unannounced.

 

Jiyeon: YAH! You scared me! (she said)

 

JB: (looks at her bored)

 

Jiyeon: what do you want? (she said rolling her eyes)

 

JB: nothing. I just heard something very amazing. (he said crossing his hand to his chest)

 

Jiyeon: (raised one eyebrow)

 

JB: you’re not curious?

 

Jiyeon: no! (she said as she get the book on the higher shelve)

 

But Jiyeo cannot reach on it. she tip toed her feet trying to reach but failed.

 

Another try, and when she was about to reach the book in hand she lost her balance.

 

JB: careful! (he hold her in her waist supporting her from falling)

 

Their faces were too near to each other, almost hugging each other.

 

Jiyeon: Oh! (she looks surprised)

 

JB: so clumsy. (he commented)

 

Jinwoon: what’s happening here? (his eyebrow twitch, his eyebrow twitch more as he saw how close Jiyeon to JB)

 

In just a snap, Jinwoon, pulled Jiyeon to him, securing her as if she was something to be steal away.

 

Jinwoon: what do you think you’re doing? (he hissed)

 

JB just simply raised one eyebrow, he smirked half way.

 

JB: see you around Jiyeon (he looks at Jiyeon with playful smirk)

 

Jinwoon: yah! What’s with you and that guy? (he shouted)

 

Everyone inside of the library looks at them, glaring.

 

Jiyeon: Huh?

 

Jinwoon: I’m asking you what’s with you both? Why he was hugging you? (he hissed)

 

Librarian: please maintain silence. This is a library.

 

Jinwoon pulled Jiyeon outside.

 

Jinwoon: (looks mad)

 

Jiyeon: what’s with your problem?

 

Jinwoon: my problem? I saw my best friend having a lovey dovey over an .

 

Jiyeon: JB is not an , he was just helping me.

 

Jinwoon: by hugging you?

 

Jiyeon: it’s not like that.

 

Jinwoon: then what is it like that?

 

Jiyeon: tss. (she narrowed her eyes to him)

 

Jinwoon: don’t look at me that way. As if I am the one in fault!

 

Jiyeon: Jeez. Seriously?

 

Jinwoon: I’m protecting you! You’re precious to me! (he said)

 

Jiyeon looks shocked, her heart beats fast on its normal rate.

 

Jinwoon: you’re my best friend, and hurting you is the last thing I want you to experience. (he said sincerely, he hugs her tight.)

 

If you only knew. Jiyeon wanted to tell it out loud.

 

Jiyeon: you’re being over protective. (she said sighing)

 

Jinwoon: of course! You’re not allowed to have a boyfriend not until you reach 40! (he beams)

 

Jiyeon: (eyebrow twitch) are we not done with that part yet?

 

Jinwoon: of course. (he said, sniffing her hair) What is your shampoo used today?

 

Jiyeon: Wae?

 

Jinwoon: it’s different from the usual you used.

 

Jiyeon: ohh—I change brand.

 

Jinwoon: oh—I love the scent of that usual shampoo you used. It’s kinda sweet.

 

Jiyeon: and now you seriously asking me to change again my shampoo don’t you?

 

Jinwoon: yeps. (he smiled losing his eyes)

 

On the other hand, Nicole with her friends were silently staring at them two.

 

Gyuri: are you sure they are really best friends? (she asks)

 

Ha Ra: they seems not to me

 

Nicole: (face hardens) Ka JA!!!

 

---

 

Jiyeon: so why are we here now? (she ask when Jinwoon brought her here in practice room)

 

Jinwoon: Well—(he seated on the stage, holding his favorite instrument the guitar) you will be my judge, tell me if it’s okay with you.

 

Jiyeon: oh I see. Technically speaking you want me to be Nicole’s substitute?

 

Jinwoon: well—I want to know if it’s good or not. And I want it you to first heard of this song.

 

Jiyeon: (raise an eyerbrow)

 

Jinwoon: just tell me if it’s good or not arraso?

 

Jiyeon: fine as if I have a choice.

 

Jinwoon beams. He started strumming his guitar, he sang the song

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHiIm50fsNI

 

~If the heart is always searching
Can you ever find a home
I've been looking for that someone
I'll never make it on my own
Dreams can't take the place of loving you
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true

 

Why it’s not me? Jiyeon started asking herself. Why I fell in love with you?

 

~When you look me in the eyes
And tell me that you love me
Every thing's alright
When you're right here by my side
When you look me in the eyes
I catch a glimpse of heaven

 

Why I fell and you didn’t?

 


~I find my paradise
When you look me in the eyes

 

If it just possible to change of heart

 

~How long will I be waiting
To be with you again
Gonna tell you that I love you
In the best way that I can
I can't take a day without you here
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear

 

If it’s possible to stay not in love

 

~When you look me in the eyes
And tell me that you love me
Every thing's alright
When you're right here by my side
When you look me in the eyes
I catch a glimpse of heaven
I find my paradise
When you look me in the eyes

 

~More and more, I start to realize
I can reach my tomorrow
I can hold my head high
And it's all because you're by my side

 

If it’s possible to change what I felt…

 

~When you look me in the eyes
You tell me that you love me
Every thing's alright
When you're right here by my side
When I hold you in my arms
I know that its forever
I just gotta let you know
I never want to let you go

 

And if it just possible for you to love me back. Can you?

 

But by just looking at you—

 

I realized that I never regretted loving you.

 

Automatically, Jiyeon tears fell in her eyes, not because she was happy for him singing to her, but because she knew that song was not meant for her but for the person he loves. And that’s Nicole.

 

Jinwoon eyebrow twitch as he saw Jiyeon seems crying, hurriedly Jiyeon wipes her tears as she smiled widely to him, giving her a two thumbs up.

 

Jinwoon smiled, he stops for a while as he looks intently to his best friend.

 

Jinwoon: how it’s is?

 

Jiyeon: you’re really good. (she hide the sadness in her voice) I’m sure Nicole would loved it. for sure.

 

Jinwoon: Chincha?

 

Jiyeon: ofcourse. (she smiled)

 

Jinwoon: aiggo! That’s a relief. (he smiles)

 

Jiyeon looks down, she looks at the guitar he was holding.

 

Jinwoon: Wae? That’s right you asks me to teach you this right?

 

Jiyeon: (nodded her head)

 

Jinwon: since you listen to me, I’ll teach you how. 


Jiyeon looks at Jinwoon she smiled.

 

Maybe IU is right. What if? If I confessed my love?

 

 

 

---

 

Right after Jinwoon’s practice, Jiyeon and Jinwoon headed home, upon walking, Jiyeon let out a heavy sighed, she keeps looking at his back.

 


Jinwoon: hey Ji! Can you make it fast? The NBA game was about to start. (he complaint)

 

But Jiyeon seems not heard it, her mind was flying in something else.

 

Another sighed.

 

Jinwoon: hey are you listening to me? ( he now’s looking at Jiyeon who seems dumb headed) Hey!

 

Jiyeon seems shocked, she looks at Jinwoon who seems curious on what she was thinking.

 

Jinwoon: you look like something (he teases)

 

Jiyeon just stared at him intently.

 

Jinwoon: hey you okay? (he put his hand to his forehead) you’re not sicked.

 

Jiyeon: I’m fine Ka Ja! (she started walking again)

 

Jinwoon: are you sure, you seems not in yourself.

 

Jiyeon: Can I tell you something? (Stop from walking and face her bestfreind)

 

 

 

She let out a deep, heavy sighed.

 

 

 

Jinwoon: Yes, what's it is?

 

 

She looks intently to him, weighing if she’s going to tell it or not.

 

1

 

2

 

3

 

 

Okay. It’s now or never. Jiyeon said inside her head.

 

 

 

Jiyeon: I love you Jiwoon-ah! More than just a friend, I kept on hiding it, but it seems being just you're freind is not enough to me. ( With her serious tone, eyes lock at Jinwoon who was standing in front of her)

 

 

 

Jinwoon: ( Looks shocked, with his mouth slightly open he looks at his bestfreind with disbelief) HAHAHAHAHA ! HAHAHAH ! HAHAHAH! (then he burst into laughter.)

 

 

Jiyeon: (Looks down, embarrassed written on her face )

 

 

Jinwoon: Wae? What's a punchline Ji! I love it! You're being good in telling jokes already (Still laughing with hands on his stomach)

 

 

 

Jiyeon: I'm not joking! it's true! I love you!(Still looking at the floor)

 

 

Jinwoon stop from laughing and looks at his bestfriend who he seem about to cry.

 

 

 

Jinwoon: Is that true? You're not joking? but. Well.. It just.. Ahhmm.. Uhmmnn.. I just.. dont .. know what to say.. You know.. I love.. her (While rubbing his back head) Miane Ji! (Serious tone)

 

 

 

Jiyeon: HAHAHAHA !!!! HAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! (Burst in laughter, she almost lie on the floor.)

 

 

 

Jinwoon: (Looks confused)

 

 

 

Jiyeon: You believe on me? You! Pabo! (punch Jinwoon's shoulder) How on Earth I will like someone like you? Huh! (Punch again) In your dreams! (punch again) You're not even my type! (Punch)

 

 

 

Jinwoon: Yah! Appayo! you're the one who said those things! Stop punching!(Holding his shoulder.)

 

 

 

Jiyeon: Yeah! Yeah! coz you're idiot Jung Jinwoon! (Stuck her tounge out and walks away)

 

 

But Jiyeon’s wipes her tears that fell in her eyes.

 

 

 

At least I confessed right?

 

 

Even I broke my own heart.

 

 

 

Sorry for the lame update. Jeez. It took me so long before I update I’m sorry. I hope you still anticipating for this story.

 

Please leave your comments. I definitely appreciated it. komawo.