Secret

Secretly Inlove

 

 

 

 

4. Secret

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV:

 

 

Hiding.

 

That’s the only thing I can do right now.

 

Since when did I start loving him? Since when this heart of mine fall deeply for him? I don’t know but one thing is for sure. I love this man, maybe since the start but I’m too afraid to accept it, maybe I know this feeling for too long yet keep denying it. And maybe I’m afraid to realized it coz I know that from the start I’m just and only just his best friend.

 

And I have to hide this. Really hide this. Coz losing him is the last thing I wanted to happen. Maybe we’re destined to be just friends. I must started to educated myself for this. That’s right.

 

 

Seriously? How do I fall for this guy? Honestly? I really need to go in hospital for some check up.

 

 

Jiyeon: yah! Jinwoon ! wake up! I thought you want me to teach you?

 

 

Jinwoon: five more minutes please(still closing his eyes)

 

Jiyeon: Hey. (tapping his shoulder)

 

But knowing Jiyeon’s short temper she pulled Jinwoon’s ears.

 

Jinwoon: oucchhh!! Yah! Yah!! Stop pulling !! it hurts!!

 

Jiyeon: then stop being lazy!! YAH!!

 

Jinwoon: Yeh. Yeh. Yeh. I’m going to study now. Happy (sarcasm here)

 

Jiyeon: okay. That’s good. Okay let’s go back. Here. The answer in number five, if a + b is (stops from reading as she looks at Jinwoon who looking intently at her) Yah! Stop staring!

 

Jinwoon: I’m curious.

 

Jiyeon: you’re always curious. So what now? What’s your curiosity about?

 

Jinwoon: (stared at her and sighed)

 

Jiyeon arch a brow to him.

 

Jinwoon: I saw you with a guy earlier who is he? (serious)

 

Jiyeon: a friend? Classmate?   I don’t know if I can call him that way.

 

 

Jinwoon eyed her

 

Jiyeon: what?

 

Jinwoon: just don’t go near him arraso?

 

Jiyeon: Waeyo? JB is fine. But annoying sometimes. But he looks kind.

 

Yeah. That’s right. For a week knowing that annoying jerk named JB he looks fine, he annoys me but I think we can be friends. His a joker not to mention.

 

Jinwoon: No why’s okay. I just want you near that freak.

 

Does he jealous? Oh. My! Okay. Stop this Jiyeon! Wake up!

 

Jiyeon: (rolled her eyes) as if you have a right to stop me for being befriend him. Okay? Jut study! You failed again in our long exam!

 

Jinwoon: just do what I say okay? Fine! I’m studying! But one question again? (he looks at Jiyeon, he leans his chin to the table)

 

Jiyeon: what again? (Looks pissed)

 

Jinwoon: I heard you’re going to sing a song tomorrow. What are you going to perform? It’s your turn right?

 

Jiyeon stops for a while as it’s reality snaps her.

 

Oh my goodness!

 

How on earth I forgot about my performance in Arts? That’s our grading performance. My grades depend on it! Oh Jiyeon you been spacing out lately. Geez.

 

Jinwoon: Don’t tell me you forgot it?

 

Jiyeon: (eyes widened in shock, her nose grew big) AANI!! Why would I? ( she looks away)

 

Jinwoon: I see. So I assume it yes? (he grins)

 

Jiyeon: I said no!! I honestly prepared one.

 

Seriously none! Oh god!! You’re so pabo Jiyeon!!

 

Jinwoon: I know you well Ji! (poking her side)

 

Jiyeon: Stop that! I ready one okay!

 

Jinwoon: really? You can hide from anyone but not on me. You can’t hide from me. (he teases)

 

Really? Why don’t you know I love you idiot?

 

Jiyeon: yah! I said I have one. I’m prepared! ( she defended)

 

Jinwoon: ( close the book) I think I help you. (he said beaming)

 

Jiyeon: really? (excited)

 

Jinwoon: yeh. Yeh. So I guess I’m right.

 

Jiyeon: well---

 

Jinwoon: it’s fine ! kaja! What do you want to do? (held her hands)

 

Jiyeon: (looks at their hands that now holding)

 

Dug. Dug. Dug.

 

Stupid heartbeat. Jeez.

 

----

 

 At the school:

 

IU: So are you ready?

 

Jiyeon simply shrug her shoulder.

 

IU: you understand it’s a grading performance right?

 

Jiyeon: yeah. Clearly.

 

IU: why look composed?

 

Jiyeon: Do I ? I’m shaking to death! Why on earth it needed to be a stage performance? Jeez.

 

IU: oh-well good luck then.

 

Jiyeon started to get panic when she saw students gathering. She walks back and fourth. Even biting her fingernails.

 

Jinwoon: hey! Stop that! It’s gross!

 

Jiyeon automatically smiled seeing her best friend. Jinwoon put his both hands on Jiyeon’s face cupping it.

 

Jinwoon: you can do it. I know you can! Fighting!

 

Jiyeon: yeah. As long as you’re here. I know I can do it. For sure.

 

Jinwoon: I’ll be there.

 

.

.

.

 

The performance was about to start. Jiyeon deeply inhaled and exhaled, she looks around, she saw a lot of students gathered. In front she her best friend seating grinning for her from ear to ear and cheering her up.

 

Maybe this is supposed to be. I’m happy like this.

 

Jiyeon smiled. As she started to sing what her heart really is---

 

(please play the song below I found it cute that' why I put it here)

 

 

 

I don't have to worry anymore, cause you will be by my side when I cry
You always smile at me

 

Yeah, maybe I may not be the one

 

Jinwoon eye twitch as he realized that tis is not a song they practice last night


I am blessed because you always shine before me
Things that we have missed hastily at time, that's the way it is

 

Jiyeon kept in singing. Actually she has a great voice, when they we’re young Jinwoon loves to listen in her voice. Jinwoon smiled as he remembers something in the past.


Faces that always being looked at
Forever hugging each other

 

And maybe I need to accept this fact—


Your smile has helped me endless time, you know
Thank you thank you Best Friend

 

Jinwoon warmly smiled as she saw Jiyeon looks at him saying the last words for him, in return Jiyeon smiled too. He knows that the song she sing was for him, only for him that makes him smiled.

 

Maybe it’s really hard---

 

While singing, Jiyeon have many thoughts in mind as if she was silently confesing her loved for her best friend that she needs to hide forever to keep their friendship



These plenty happiness that I felt at this moment
All the friends that I have here, you the best present

 

But having you in my side is more than enough


I am blessed because you always be by our side
Surely things that I have accomplished here, those things too give me strength (change to strength)

 

You may not be look at me in the way how I look at you--


Faces that always being looked at
Forever hugging each other

 

It’s okay as long as—you’re here I’m here.. nothing is more than enough.

 

Jinwoon as well as the other students seems enjoying her performance, she even held the microphone held tight as she sing what her heart really felt that time

 

Other students head were moving side to side enjoying the beat of music and of ourse her voice. Even IU silently giggling while watching her friend performing and how the two (jiyeon and Jinwoon)  looks at each other.

 

On the other hand, Wooyoung was silently smiling looking at IU reactions.


All of your smile has helped me endless time, you know
Thank you thank you Best Friend

 

Maybe I need to hide this feeling; maybe this is the thing I need to take you as secret. Buried inside my heart—



Things that we have missed hastily at time, that's the way it is
Faces that always being looked at

 

As long I can keep you by my side, smile like this each day. It’s enough for me.


Forever hugging each other

 

And you’re right—our bonds are greater than anyone else. It will never break. So let me thank you. Thank you for the wonderful us—

 

But before she finished her performance—Jinwoon stood up in his seat. Feeling unease. He was looking at his phone.

 

Without any hesitation Jinwoon walks out and hurriedly went out.

 

Jiyeon was shocked, she was staring Jinwoon as he was walking away but kept her performance going, with a bleeding heart she sing out loud. A tear in her eyes is ready to fall but she keeps restraining it for falling.

 


Your smile has helped me endless time, you know
Thank you thank you Best Friend

 

 


Always always always my Best Friend

 

I’m just a freaking best friend so why my tears are falling? Stupid me.

 

Jiyeon hurriedly wipes her tears as she went on the back stage

 

 

Short update. I hope this one will make up to you guys.! Please leave a comment.

 

Just to avoid confussion:

 

Bold + italic was the song lyrics

 

Italic was Jiyeon’s thought while singing.

 

Anyways. High ways. Please comment? 5 comments next update for sure.