That boy....Ren

Blast (HIATUS)

                      "Did you see her?"

                      "Have you seen the new girl?"

                      "I heard she's the daughter of that famous CEO guy!"

                      "I heard she's super rich!"

                      "She's so lucky!"

                       "Why is she at our school now?"

                       "I want to meet her!"

                       Kansyu Elementary was alive with rumors about a new girl entering it that day. Some students and teachers wondered why others were making such a big deal about some kid. But when they discovered the new girl wasn't just 'some kid', but the daughter of the ever-so-famous CEO Lee, everyone became equally excited and immediately wanted to get a glimpse of the mystery girl....

                      "Did you see her?" The boy asked his friend sitting next to him.

                      "Who?" The other boy didn't look up from his homework on his desk.

                      " The new girl!"

                      "What new girl?" The latter was completely oblivious to the fact that a member of the Lee family had entered his school. Why would he care anyway?

                      "How come you're the only one that doesn't know, Ren? Sensei said she transferred from some private school to our school. Today is her first day but no one has seen her yet. She's supposed to be in our class so I wonder where she is." The boy looked around the class before turning back to Ren. "You don't pay attention very much, do you?"

                       Ren ignored the boys question and got up from his desk to work on his homework somewhere quieter.

                       "Where are you going?" The boy called out to his friend only to get silence in response as Ren ignored him once again and walked out, sliding the classroom door shut.

                       ******

                         "Finally, somewhere quiet." Ren sighed as he set his books on the round table and sat down. The library was a total atmosphere change to the noisy environment of his classroom. He sat all the way in the back near the fiction section to avoid any loud conversations from students and teachers.

                          Why is Jintan making a big deal out of some new girl? Ren sighed deeply and turned his attention to his homework. He took out a pencil from his backpack and was just about to start working when an announcement came on through the P.A. system. 

                         "Attention, will Nana Lee please report to class 1-A, Mrs. Sagara's room at once. I repeat, will Nana Lee please report to class 1-A, Mrs. Sagara's room at once."

                         Who's Nana Lee? Ren thought before continuing his homework, not bothering to take a second thought on his question. But as if someone heard it, two voices started talking behind him in hushed voices.

                         "Did you know that the new student, Nana Lee, is the daughter of the deceased CEO Lee?"

                         "CEO Lee? The one who died in a plane crash last year with his wife?"

                         "Yeah! I wonder why they suddenly sent the poor girl here. She doesn't belong in this type of school."

                         When other students started filling in the tables around Ren and begin their rowdy conversations, he roughly stood up from his chair, grabbed his books and stalked off, startling everyone around him before they continued their discussions.

                          Can't I find somewhere quiet in this school to do my homework? Ren huffed, shutting his eyes in frustration as he walked out of the library into a classroom building. He knew a lot of kids didn't hang around in this building because it was an older part of campus and was kept out-of-bounds for safety reasons. Teachers also never hung out here because none of the rooms were of good use since they were all filled with storage boxes. But due to the lack of security, Ren and pretty much any other student could walk right in. Therefore, it was a perfect place to finish his homework due next period. The new student is that girl, Nana? So she's the daughter of the famous CEO guy. Why is that a big deal? She's not that different from the rest of us.

                          When he decided to just ignore all the gossip for the rest of the day, he opened his eyes only to see someone with bright hair running right towards him.

                         ******

                          Where is it? Nana thought, darting her eyes around the campus, looking at the different buildings surrounding her. She didn't know which one she had to report to for first period. Right after the first bell rang, Nana dashed across campus, hoping to get to her classroom on time but immediately got lost. Why is this school so big? She continued walking around the buildings for what seemed like eternity. She wanted to ask a few kids or a teacher where her classroom was but there was no one around. Nana also didn't want to walk into any random building and meander about, risking the chance of being seen through the windows of the classrooms and embarrassing herself. (Some Classrooms in japan have windows on the inside, allowing them to see into the hallways.)

                         After another bell rang Nana was certain she had missed her first class and now recess was starting. She sighed and walked into an old-looking building, hoping to find a teacher now that classes were over.

                        Where is everyone? Nana thought, looking around the hallway. This place is so empty. Is it old? She observed the outdated paint job and rusted doors and ran her hand lightly along the walls of the extensive hallways. It's really quiet, I like it.

                        Just then an announcement came on, ruining the calm atmosphere. Nana was unhappy when she suddenly heard her name. She knew at once that she was going to be punished or lectured for skipping first period. Nana whined and started running to find an exit door to go find classroom 1-A when a boy abruptly appeared in front of her as she turned a corner. He had his eyes closed so she was about to warn him but stopped when he opened them. For a split second, she was entranced by his almond eyes before she crashed right into him.

                       *******

                       Ren and Nana were both knocked down onto the ground after the impact, the books and papers from their arms scattering all over the floor. Ren fell flat on his back, taking the brunt of the collision. Nana fell right on top of him, her hands clutching at his grey sweater vest.

                       After a minute of taking in the sudden crash and realizing she was laying on top of the boy, Nana immediately pushed herself off of him and stood up, brushing her skirt and sweater, and held out a hand to Ren. Ren grumbled from the pain before he took her hand and slowly stood up, brushing off his own uniform.

                     "Gomen' nasai!' (I'm sorry) Nana bowed a full 90-degrees and looked back up at him getting a good look at his face. Her eyes widened a bit. He's really.....cute.

                      Ren was about to yell at this person for not paying attention and taking time off of his only oppurtunity to finish his homework before next class but when he actually looked at her, the words shot right out of his head. She was without a doubt, pretty. She had bright, orange hair, (think of IU's hair when she dyed it for her 'the red shoes' video. Search it! IU: The Red Shoes) and milky white skin. But there was something more captivating about her face. It was her eyes. They weren't anything he had ever seen before in real life. They were green. The kind of green you would see in a grove. The kind of green that rivaled even the most verdant of forest's. He stood there, frozen to the spot, gaping at the girl as did she.

                     This boy is really handsome. Nana thought. He had perfect features with almond eyes and brown hair. His skin was fair and a bit tan.

                     Nana snapped out of her trance realizing she had somewhere to be. She looked around the floor and crouched down to pick up the books and papers spread out around them. Ren blinked a few times at the girl before crouching down as well to help her. As soon as they gathered their own belongings, Nana apologized again and ran off in the other direction before Ren could respond to her. He simply watched her run off.

                     "Who was she?" Ren mumbled as he straightened out his uniform and continued walking down the hallway, still trying to find a classroom to work on his homework in. Just as he was about to walk into one, he noticed a red book laying on the floor out of the corner of his eye.

                    ********

                     "Why now?" Nana exhaled, looking up at the grey sky and extending out her arm to feel beads of cold water tap her hand lightly and then more heavily. She pouted and tucked her hands back into her jacket. She then turned her face up towards the sky and let drops of rain fall onto it through the branches of the tree she was standing under.

                    Nana had been waiting outside in front of the school for Manager Joon to pick her up. She really wanted to go home already. Her first day at Kansyu Elementary wasn't what she had hoped for. First, she had gotten lost and ended up missing her first period, crashed into a kid who happened to be in her class and really hurt her head. Then, got lectured by the principal for 'ditching'. He wouldv'e punished Nana but decided against it, due to the fact that she was the daughter of CEO Lee and he, as he thought of it, would be damned to hell for disciplining the future successor of CEO Lee's company. But he was not the only one treating her like this. During the rest of the day, Nana's teacher gave her a great deal of attention and treated her like absolute royalty. She had been excused from all the homework the other students had been assigned, to which some of them were very unhappy with. But Nana's teacher kept giving her the special treatment, claiming it was only because it has been awhile since Nana went to school and she wanted things to be kept lenient for her on her first day. However, it was so clear to Nana that it was just her family name that got her this exclusive treatment and it would continue on throughout the year. Although some students were envious of her for being treated like a princess, she didn't care for it one bit. She never liked attention, especially when the attention she was getting made some of the other students in her class give her dirty looks and say rude, judgeful things towards her.

                  Finally, to top it all off, it was now pouring rain and she was standing outside with no umbrella and soaked-through shoes. Nana pulled out one of her hands from her pocket and tugged at her sleeve to check her watch. 4:02. Nana moaned. He said he would be here around 3! She pursed her lips and flinched when a sudden boom of thunder echoed through the sky. Nana closed her eyes, deciding to wait a while longer and let her mind wander off as more tears of rain hit her head when the weather slowly turned into a downpour. Just then, the pellets of rain stopped hitting her head and Nana felt the presence of someone behind her.

                 She opened her eyes and looked up to see a black umbrella covering her. Confused, she then turned around to see a boy with chestnut hair in a black jacket, staring at her with almond eyes that looked familiar. It took Nana a moment before she figured out where she had seen them before. Almond eyes..... Oh yeah! Nana thought. She saw those eyes when she bumped into the owner of them in that old classroom building. She saw them when she walked into her classroom during second period and caught the eye of the boy sitting in front of her. She learned his name when her teacher called on him for an answer to a history question but couldn't remember it at the moment. What was it? Ryota? Ryouichi? Rikuto? I remember it! It's that boy....Ren.