Chapter 1

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fate? Destiny? 

 

These are the words people say when they meet their other half.

 

Someone once said that destiny and fate are like arrows. Destiny is an arrow that people are able to see, while fate is an arrow that hits you from behind and turns your whole world upside-

 

"What are you doing? Baek" asked a sweet voice from my right. I looked away from the window and was greeted by a smiling deer like a boy, as known as Luhan. The said individual stood next to me, he had his bag on his desk, that was apparently next to mine.

"What?" I asked not quite hearing him

"What do you mean, "What?" he asked taking his seat "You have been spacing-out quite a lot lately," he said putting his hand on my forehead to check if I had a fever. "Your temperature seems normal," Luhan said with a smile.

He asks like such a mom sometimes.

I pushed his hand off my forehead and turned back to the window. "I'm just thinking," I said with a sigh. 

People watching is a hobby of mine. Well, you can say it's a hobby. I mainly like to see the red threads entangling and making a mess. It's also interesting seeing how individuals would bump into their soulmate but would realize it.

Sometimes, I wonder how they meet. Do they have some cliche moment that has been used way too much in every 'cinematic masterpiece.'

 

​​​​​​

"You think too much," Luhan said poking my cheek, I smiled as I moved his hand away from my face. 

"Luhan, you're needed," said a tall blond man in a groggy voice.  The said man walked into the class and threw his bag on the desk.

Ahh, Kris. Why does he always sign up for morning classes when he isn't a morning person.

Luhan and I looked at the person by the doorway. He smiled and waved at the boy next to me. I could see the scarlet thread contacted to his pinky, which as was unsurprisingly connected to Luhan. The said deer got up with a bright smile plastered on his face and walked to the young man.

 

Needless to say, they walked away, with their fingers entwined.

 

Their fingers entwined, as the red thread created a messy wave between the fingers.

 

Does Luhan not no class is about to start or will he ignore it and go make out with Sehun???

After an eternity of staring at the empty doorway, I turned back to the window and watched the clouds, while I started to think back about the Fate and Destiny again.

 

 

Fate and Destiny are quite different but at the same time, they're the same... Because they both bring people together, they are the once that have created the thin thread that holds everyone and everything tougher in one place. 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, class," said Dr. Kim walking in carrying a stack of papers, he set the paper down and turned around to write on the board the lesson for today. "Guys, we're getting a new student in the performing arts department today. He should be here shortly." Dr. Kim mentioned as he looked at his wristwatch.  "I expect all of you to treat him well, got it?" he continued turning back and then eyed specific troublemakers in the class.  He grabbed the teacher edition of the textbook and said "Well, everyone turns to page 79 in your textbooks and... Amber, you start reading" said Dr. Kim and everyone did as we where told, Amber started to read the passage.

After about ten minutes the class door opened and one of the workers from the office of the register walked in with a tall lanky boy following behind. The assistant from the office started to talk to Dr. Kim.

 I looked at the passage we where reading, it was a short story.

It was about a traveler who walks into a town, this town is full of liars and deceivers. A traveler is a kind person, to a point where he is foolish. He comes across a child who asked him to give her his shirt and the traveler gladly does it.  He then encounters another person who asks for something and so does the next and so on and so on.  The traveler gives up everything, even his eyes. The person who the traveler gave his eyes to gives him a note. The traveler upon receiving the note burst into tears of joy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter