Part II

Gimmick Game

"You know as a leader of the school, you have to keep a low profile and-"

Luhan leans onto Junmyun's desk, feigning interest on the papers filed neatly on top of it while Jongdae rambles continuously beside him.

"-your hair is not appropriate in-"

"How long is your working period during Tuesdays?" Luhan uninterestedly asks Junmyun who's watching Jongdae lecturing him.

"Luhan, I'm talking to you."

Luhan fakes a surprised face when he finally turns to face Jongdae, pretending he only recognizes him now.

"I'm not?" Luhan offers helpfully before turning back to face Junmyun's desk.

Jongdae closes his eyes in an attempt to gather more patience. He opens his eyes when he feels Luhan's hand patting him on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, Chenchen." He uses his mom's nickname for him. "I am not being irresponsible. The school wouldn't crumble down because of my change of hair color."

Jongdae stares at him. Luhan is used to all of Jongdae's scolding, and Jongdae is used to all of Luhan's hair-pulling antics. In fact, they work together so well despite all of their differences.

Jongdae seems to have considered what Luhan said. It's true, in some way, and Jongdae knows Luhan so well. He wouldn't take a step back.

"Fine. But-"

Luhan wears a smug smile.

"Fine." Jongdae just scoffs and leaves him at Junmyun's desk, going for the door and out of the library.

"Love you~"

"Have you seen Baekhyun?" Luhan turns to Junmyun who's been watching the two's exchange in amusement.

"Been waiting for you to ask that." Junmyun nods and he makes the sign "two" with his fingers.

"2nd level. Got it. That kid's been awfully in the library a lot."

Luhan makes a turn for the elevator but does not forget to give Junmyun a little 'thanks'. Junmyun just waves his hand slightly to recognize it.





"And there you are."

Luhan announces when he spots Baekhyun seemingly alone, covered in a pile of books on his table. He receives a few looks from the rest of the students but after seeing it is him, no one seems to mind it.

"Shhh." Baekhyun snaps at him and asks him to take the seat right in front of him. Luhan does, and he raises a brow at the tower of books blocking Baekhyun from his view.

"What's this?" He pulls the book from the topmost.

"Advanced Algebra." Luhan reads with a creased forehead.

"You never fancy math." Luhan points it out while he stares at the blocks and blocks of books in front of him. He starts pulling down more books until he can see Baekhyun's face.

Baekhyun groans.

"I'm studying."

Luhan raises another brow suspiciously.

"Oh really? You've been here for the last few months even before the holidays. And if you were actually studying, you wouldn't have gotten a ze-"

"Fine, fine." Baekhyun closes the book he's been pretending to read and lowers his voice. "I'm hiding."

"From who?"

Baekhyun widens his eyes to say 'isn't it obvious?' But Luhan just gives him a straight face.

"From that giant."

"Zitao?" Luhan inquires innocently when he hears a grumble beside Baekhyun and there goes Zitao looking up with sleepy eyes and an accusing look.

"I'm here."

"Oh hi Zitao."

Baekhyun clicks his tongue. "That Park Chanyeol guy."

"Park Chanyeol guy..."

"The little drummer boy?" Zitao helps.

"Oh! Little drummer Park Chanyeol of class D. Ew, class D." Luhan grimaces.

He receives a glare from Zitao.

"Oh, I mean, oooh class D." Luhan amends not so sincerely.

"Yeah." Baekhyun pouts. He knows a lot of people admire him in the campus, and it's not anymore a surprise. Most people are nice to him and look up to him. Some would even shy away at his presence, it makes him feel comfortable knowing people are intimidated by him. He can easily work the way he desires.

But this little drummer Park Chanyeol of class D is just pure annoying to him. Baekhyun is sure he lives just to annoy the out of him, and at first Baekhyun considers him a big challenge in life so he faces him and ignores him at the same time. As time passes by, little drummer Park Chanyeol of class D gets more and more familiar with him and he appears almost everywhere Baekhyun is. It ticks him off a lot, so he ends up hiding from him most of the time. Which explains his frequent visits to the library, knowing little drummer Park Chanyeol of class D has no time to walk that long to the library just to see him because, well, Baekhyun doesn't really care but, he has band practices.

Zitao abruptly stands and slings his bag on his shoulder.

"Now that your friend's here, I'm gonna get going." He tells Baekhyun. They've started being friends just a year ago one time when Baekhyun came to watch a basketball practice and he accidentally walked in on Zitao wrapped in a towel in the shower room. They don't remember how they started a conversation but later on found out that they have a lot in common, even zodiac signs, so they decided to become good friends.

Baekhyun nods at him and bade him goodbye. Luhan follows him out with his eyes and-

"It was nice seeing you today!"

-he calls out to him before he disappears at the door.



"How long are we gonna hang around here? I feel suffocated." Luhan says dramatically while he scans the library for something entertaining.

Baekhyun only gives him a look.

"I'm gonna IM Sehun then-"

Luhan's eyes sparkle at once when he finally finds something interesting. A grin starts to spread on his face.

"Baekhyun. I've made my pick."

"Huh?"

"The dare."

Baekhyun suddenly looks up.

"Have you planned it out yet?"

"No. I can't think of anyone-"

"Don't you have little drummer Park Chan-"

"Please!"

"To be honest, you're ahead of us in this challenge! Why won't you take advantage of it?"

"Take advantage of what? Excuse me, you're talking about that giant. From class D!"

"Don't let Zitao hear you." Luhan whispers. Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

"Anyway, as I was saying. I guess you guys should make your move. Because it looks like I'm winning." Luhan gives a smug smile.

"What are you trying to say?"

Luhan smiles creepily. "I found the one."

Baekhyun just gives him a bored look.

"I'm gonna lose The Big V to the most popular student in this school."

Baekhyun momentarily pauses and gasps.

"Luhan!!" Baekhyun shrieks a little. "No way! I can't!"

"Not you, idiot!" Luhan scolds.

"Oh my gosh! Sehun!"

"Not Sehun!!" Luhan throws him an annoyed look. "Him."

He points at the back of the room with his lips. Baekhyun follows it and his eyes widen for real.

He leaves his mouth hanging open at a loss for words.

Luhan grins triumphantly.

"Are you kidding me?" Baekhyun exclaims in a low whisper. "You're going after class A's Kris Wu?!"

 

••••••••••

Note: Thank you guys! Still just a repost of the ones on LJ. But we'll get to the real update soon. Thank you for the comments! I hope you still enjoy this. ♥ (pic cr: sekaihoon@tumblr)