Chapter 8

Runaway

2 weeks later.

Usagi was walking down Akiba looking for the last Hana-Kimi book, she had meant to get it when it came out but, that was around the same time she started out as a gravure idol, so it was put on hold. She was looking at her iPod Touch, changing the song to the catchy new song by KAT-TUN ‘Keep the Faith’. As her attention was somewhere else she ended up knocking into someone and started to fall backwards.

Just before she hit the ground someone caught her. Once she regained her footing, she bowed immediately and apologised “Ah! Gomen Gomen!” “eh? Kuroshino-san?” Usagi looked up at the sound of her name and blinked when she saw Ohno in front of her. “Ah! Ohno-san! Ano, what are you doing in Akiba?” she said, confused as to why the fishing lover would be in a place she was more likely to see Nino in.

Ohno looked sheepish and scratched the back of his head “Ah. I broke Nino’s DS...He won’t talk to me until I buy him a new one.” He said with a sigh. Usagi laughed “honestly, if I didn’t know that Nino dated Noriko, I would totally think that you 2 were a couple.” Ohno just shook his head with a smile, “Na, Me and Nino are just like overly touchy brothers.” He said making Usagi giggle. “Ne, do you want me to help you look for one? I’m looking for some Manga, so I’ll be here for most of the day anyways...” Usagi suggested to the older man.

Ohno looked surprised that she asked, but nodded with a smile “Hai! That sounds good to me... as I have no idea what I’m really looking for anyway.” He said with the smile still on his face. Usagi rolled her eyes with a laugh “I figured as much Mister Fish!” Ohno laughed at the name “’Mister Fish’? That’s a new one!” he said with a grin. Usagi pouted slightly “It sounded cooler in my head.” She grumbled out making Ohno laugh.

The pair wandered around for a while searching shops for a new DS and for Usagi’s Manga, once they had bought everything they wanted, Ohno suggested they get something to eat. “Anything in particular that you want?” he asked the girl. Usagi thought for a moment and then nodded with a smile “Hai! Fish!” She said grinning at the man. Ohno grinned back “I know a great place” he said, unconsciously grabbing her hand and pulling the girl along in the direction her was headed.

Usagi blushed when Ohno grabbed her hand and her heart started to speed up. ‘Ah Yabai!’ she thought glancing over at the smiling man ‘this feeling... why does it have to be an idol I start to like?’ she thought with a small inward sigh. They arrived shortly at a small restaurant that specialised in Fish dishes. Usagi found out that Ohno knew the owner through his parents so he’s been to the shop quite a few times before.

After they sat down and ordered, Ohno decided to ask Usagi about her work, which made Usagi giggle, especially when she saw the blush on his face when he asked the question. “It’s fun! It can be hard work in the winter, when they want you to do shoots in the snow but otherwise it fun! I get to wear cute costumes too sometimes, the last shoot I did I was wearing tiger ears and paws!” Usagi said with a huge smile. Ohno looked Dazed as if he was trying to picture the image in his head, especially when he blushed.

Usagi’s smiled turned into a grin, “Ne~ Wanna see a picture? I got my stylist to take a picture on my phone for me!” Ohno slowly nodded, still blushing slightly, and looked at the picture presented to him. His eye widened when he saw it. “Wait, you were in a bikini too?” he asked, sounding surprised, Making Usagi laugh “Well technically it was more of a bra and set, but yup! Why are you so surprised? I’m a Gravure Idol after all.” She asked with a chuckle.

Ohno just shrugged with a lopsided smile. “How about you ne? You’re a Johnny’s Idol, that’s gotta be tough work too!” Ohno thought about the question for a little while before slowly tilting his head with creased eyebrows “it’s not tough per say… I mean there are times, usually during concerts or dramas, when we don’t have time to have enough sleep or rest, but otherwise I would say it’s quite enjoyable work. I mean half the time we’re usually messing around on Variety Shows so I can’t really complain.” Ohno said with that lopsided smile back in place, Making Usagi giggle.

There food came relatively quick after that and they continued conversing throughout too. After the food was done with they left the restaurant. As they were done in Akiba, they both decided to head home. Once they both arrived at the train station they stopped to say goodbye “Well Ohno-kun, I’ve had a lovely day out with you today.” Usagi said with a smile and a small blush. “Tanoshii desu, How about next time I take you on a proper date?” Ohno asked with a slight smirk. Usagi’s blush became larger at the question, but she nodded. She gave Ohno her number and he gave her his in return.

They both went to their separate trains with a smile that wouldn’t disappear.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Meanwhile at Ohno’s and Nino’s place.

“I can’t believe you won’t talk to him just because he broke your DS. I’m sure he didn’t mean it Nino.” Noriko said to Nino, who was currently sitting next her on the sofa, sulking. “But he should know to look where he’s sitting down before he does!” Noriko giggled and patted Nino on the head, to which he scowled at, evidently making Noriko giggle harder. “Ne, how about we play Trauma Centre to take you mind off of it?” Nino’s interest was tweaked “Which one?”  Noriko smiled “New Blood! You should know by now that I’m addicted to that one!” Nino’s face slowly broke out into a smile.

“Hai, Wakatta! Ill grab the game from my room, you set up the Wii.” Nino instructed, His tension raised much more than it was 5 minutes ago. “Hai!” Noriko said with a grin. Once everything was set up they started playing the game, about 30 minutes in, the doorbell rang, making the pair groan as they messed up part of the operation, loosing there chain of points. Pausing the game, Nino Got up from the sofa (Moving Noriko’s legs from his lap, as she had decided to make herself comfortable on the sofa) and opened the door to reveal an annoyed looking Masami. Nino’s eyes widened slightly at the sight of his girlfriend but let her enter the apartment anyway, even though he knew it could mean trouble.

Not Noticing Noriko on the sofa, Masami spoke “Is your phone turned off or something?” Nino raised an eyebrow at this comment, was that really what she was coming over here to ask? “No, why?” he asked the girl. Masami sighed “I’ve been trying to call you for the past 30 minutes!” She said exasperatedly.

Nino had the feeling of one of those really inappropriate laughs coming on and as he glanced over at Noriko, she was covering with an amused expression on her face, he couldn’t help but cough slightly to cover up the fact he wanted to laugh. “Ano… “ he started, and took in a breath as he forced himself not to stay straight out ’30 minutes really is not enough time for you to be this annoyed.’ “Gomen, I was playing a game with Noriko-chan.” Nino said gesturing to the girl on the sofa who had gone unnoticed up until now.

Noriko smiled and waved at Masami, trying once again to be friendly, and Masami just scowled in return, making Noriko’s smile falter. Masami decided to make her dislike of the situation known to Nino “Why is she here? Isn’t she Matsumoto-kun’s sister? What has she got to do with you?” Masami asked, scowl still in place. Just as Nino was about to answer Noriko butted in, wanting to defend herself “Konnichiwa to you too Nagasawa-san.” Noriko started out with a scowl of her own “I’ve tried to be nice to you on several occasions now as your Nino’s girlfriend, but I don’t know what it is about you and manners, but apparently you don’t seem to get along with them all that well as you never seem to show any.” Masami was about to reply but Noriko Continued before she could. “To answer your questions, I’m here because I went out drinking with Satoshi last night, so I stayed round, Yes I am Jun’s sister, and there’s several ways I can answer your last question, demo I will answer with ‘me and Nino have some similar interests’” Noriko finished up nodding over at the TV which still held there paused game.

Masami was furious, not only was she reprimanded by this girl, and Insulted for that matter, the girl had also stayed round her Nino’s house when she had been invited round for dinner just the one time. Nino could see that there was about to be a argument, and he was going to be stuck in the middle of it, so he was lucky that Ohno chose that exact moment to walk through the door. “Tadaima” As Nino still wasn’t talking to him until he had a new DS sitting in his hand, and Masami was still too livid to answer, Noriko answered “Okaeri Toshi-kun! Did ya get Nino’s DS? Because him not talking to you is really starting to creep me out!” Noriko said with a small giggle at the end.

Ohno raised his eyebrow at the scene he had just walked into. Ohno just mentally shrugged figuring he would find out in his own time and nodded at Noriko, taking off his shoes and Jacket he sat down next to her on the sofa and took out a box from his bag. He looked over in Nino’s direction and started talking “I don’t know if it’s the right colour…but here…” Ohno said passing over the box to Nino.

Nino gave him a look as if to say 'read the mood baka’ but accepted the box anyway and looked it over quickly. Luckily Ohno had got him the right one and a decent colour so he consented to speaking to him again. “Thanks Oh-chan, but you are officially not allowed within 2 meters of my DS unless I’m holding it.” He said with a small glare at the older man, making Ohno and Noriko chuckle slightly.  

Masami just stared at the trio who appeared to be ignoring her with her eye twitching. “Sumimasen, demo, I’m still here you know!” She said with an annoyed sigh. Noriko bit back her response to that comment. Instead she rolled her eyes and got up quickly went into Nino’s room to get something and then hijacked Ohno’s room, knowing he wouldn’t mind. Nino gave Ohno a look, silently telling him to follow Noriko. Ohno just gave Nino a lazy smile and took his silent advice.

~ Ohno’s bedroom ~

Noriko and Ohno decided to eavesdrop on the conversation happening in the front room. Things like this was one of the main reasons Jun never like to leave the pair alone together, they surprisingly tended to get into all sorts of trouble, Even more so than when Noriko and Aiba came up with a plan together.

So with pair sat on the floor, ears pressed up against the door they listened and tried to keep the comments as low as possible.

~Living room~

Nino decided to put his new DS over by the Wii, which was still on. Then he looked over in Minami’s direction. Nino decided to start and just be straight with the girl “Masami-chan, you really need to stop treating my friends that way. “  He said. Nino wasn’t blind, even with the rest of the Arashi members, unless they were in the public eye, like on a Varity show, she ignored them or was rather impolite to them and he was fed up of it.

“What do mean I have to stop treating your friends that way? I’m always polite to your friends. The only reason I wasn’t to that girl was because she’s a girl in my boyfriend’s apartment! Not only that, a girl my boyfriend ignored me for, and apparently she stayed round, when I’ve only come round for dinner, ONCE!”  Masami’s voice got louder as she continued.

Nino refrained from rolling his eyes at his girlfriend, clearly she was both in denial and also over reacting to things that she really knew nothing about. “Noriko is a friend of Oh-chan’s and mine, and has been ever since Arashi’s debut… and come to think of it before then too. So it’s only natural that she stays round when its gets too late for her to go back home by herself. Also I did not ignore you for her! You’ve been calling me for 30 minutes! 30 minutes! For all you know I could have been in the shower for that amount of time, but no I wasn’t, my phone was just on silent so I didn’t hear it!” Nino said back just as fiercely.

Nino decided it was best that he left out the fact that Noriko was his ex-girlfriend, but he was suddenly wondering if it was worth dating such a clingy woman who appeared to have major jealously issues.

~In Ohno’s Room~

Ohno was literally covering Noriko’s mouth to stop her from shouting out in irritation. “Nori-chan, Tomare! Let Nino sort it out!” Noriko frowned at the words but nodded reluctantly. After listening through the door for another 10 minutes or so, they heard angry steps and the front door slam shut. Noriko turned to Ohno with the small sigh “Ano… Toshi-kun? Why is he dating her if he knows she’s not that nice of a person?” Ohno knew the answer to that question, but if he told her the truth, it would more likely hurt her, and Ohno really didn’t want to do that. So instead he shrugged “I don’t know, but I’m sure Nino has his reasons Nori-chan, we just have to support him.”

Noriko let her head fall onto Ohno’s chest with a small whisper of “But I don’t want to…” Ohno didn’t say anything; instead he just calmly brought his hand up and started to the back of her head softly.

~With Masami~

Masami was sat in her car seething. She was utterly furious! How dare her boyfriend choose to defend that girl over her! Taking her phone out of her bag she started to browse through her contacts list to find the person she was looking for. Once found, she dialled the number. “Moshi Moshi?” “Ah Tanaka-san, I was wondering if you could do me a favour?” “Ah~ Nagasawa-san, whose in your bad book this time?” came the teasing voice from the other end of the line “I need you to dig up some information about Matsumoto Noriko, She’s Matsumoto Jun’s Sister.” She said simply down the phone. “Matsumoto Jun as in Arashi’s MatsuJun?” “Hai.” “Alright… but the fees gonna be a lot higher than usual for this one. You know how I feel about digging up dirt on Johnny’s…” “Hai, Ill pay whatever you want, just do it.” She said and then promptly hung up the phone.

“Just you watch Matsumoto Noriko. You’re so gonna wish you never messed with me!”

 

~End Chapter 8~

 

Gah! Sorry again about the long wait for an update, honestly I’m terrible lol. But ill try my hardest next time to get it up with in 1 month xD

Yeah Masami’s up to something… and I’ve finally started things up with Usagi and Oh-chan~ <3 there was a bit of NorikoxNino cuteness in this chappy too! *thumbs up* lol

And Also just in case anyone was wondering about the Sho and Noriko episode, lets just say that Sho is currently trying to get his emotions together and is currently trying his best to avoid Noriko for a little while. Lol he more than likely won’t be back until near the end of this fic or just for group parts :/ Sowwi. But Sho -kun will be a main chara in the Sequal so Sho fans look forward to that! :3