Chapter 3

Runaway

Chapter 3

The group of four spent the rest of the day figuring out a plan on how to get all of Noriko’s stuff from Chiba down to Tokyo without any hassle from her ex-boyfriend. Jun also texted Sho and Nino to come straight over after work, which earned him a sarcastic reply from Nino saying ‘wow i never thought of going there after work was done! Arigatou Jun-Kun!’  This evidentially made Jun’s eye twitch like crazy.

It was around 6pm when Sho and Nino arrived, luckily they were working on the same drama so they both came home together. Unlike the others, Nino not included, Sho’s Reaction to seeing Noriko again was more on the normal side. Just a raised eyebrow, a small hug and a greeting. “Noriko-chan, Hisashiburi desu ne?” Sho greeted giving the smiling girl a small hug. Noriko nodded with a grin “Hisashiburi Sho-kun!” she said giving him a tight squeeze.

On the way home, Nino had filled in Sho on Noriko’s situation so he didn’t get confused during the meeting they were no doubt about to have. (Which could also explain the reason why he wasn’t as surprised as the others that she was there.) Once everyone was comfortable and sat down in the front room, the discussion began. “Okay Minna. Since we all have the day off tomorrow we're all going to Chiba to collect Noriko’s stuff from her apartment.” “What if we have plans tomorrow?” Sho knew he was going regardless, but he figured he would ask anyway. Jun just gave him a blank look “Maji? When do we over have anything planned on our days off other than sleeping? Or finishing in Riida’s case.” He announced dryly.  Sho just shrugged “Never, but i just figured I’d ask anyway.”

Jun rolled his eyes and looked back at the rest of the group. “So yeah, as i was saying... We’re going to Chiba tomorrow to Collect Noriko’s stuff, I Figured it would be easier to tale Ohno-san’s and Aiba-chan’s cars because there the biggest and can easily take on a lot of weight.” The 2 guys mentioned nodded to the truth in his words.

“Ano...just a small question... why do all of us need to go?” Nino piped up from his seat on the floor next to Ohno. Jun sighed “Yukio’s not one to be easily intimidated, so i was afraid that if only 1 or 2 of us go along with Noriko then he would try to start something. This way with all of us, I’m sure he won’t try to test his luck.” Jun said then evil sort of grin appeared on his face “though if he wants to try something then its fine with me, I could use more of a reason to beat the crap out of him...I Already have a reason, however knowing Noriko, she won’t want any fights, but if he provokes me....” he finished off having a slightly evil air around him, Making Noriko scoot over to Aiba a little more in nervousness.

Looking over at Ohno, and then at Aiba next to her, both boys could see the pleading look in her eyes, asking them to stop Jun if anything were to happen.  Both Ohno and Aiba looked at the girl and shook their heads in a firm ‘no’ “Gomen Nori-chan, Demo I’m with Jun-kun on this one.” Ohno said to the girl. Aiba just nodded in agreement.  Noriko just sighed and nodded in slight acceptance, it’s not like would be able to change anything anyways but she just wished there would be no more violence.

“Okay, what time should we all meet up and where?” Sho asked the group. Jun pursed his lips in thought “Ano... let’s all meet outside Ohno-san and Nino’s apartment, as they have the most parking space out from and as for time, it roughly takes an hour and a bit to get to Chiba, Depending on the Traffic, and i Kind of want to be home before dinner so maybe 10, that way the work and school rush is over so the roads should be less busy.” He saw the group nod and took that as an all round yes.

“Car Arrangements...” Ohno mentioned out of the blue. Noriko looked up at that one and answered “how about Jun and myself each go in a separate car seeing as we defiantly know the way from here to my...the apartment.” She said, feeling Aiba squeeze her leg in comfort. She gave him a quick smile and continued “maybe Jun can go with Toshi-kun and I can go with Ma-kun as I’ll be round his from this evening anyways and then Nino and Sho can choose whose car they want to go in.” She was fairly certain that Nino would choose Ohno’s car but she didn’t say anything, just in the off chance he decided to ride with Aiba and herself.

 Nino looked at Noriko rather confused. “Ano...you’ll be staying at Aiba-chan’s from this evening?” he asked wondering what on earth the girl was on about. Ohno Spoke up and answered the question “Ah...you left before we started that conversation this morning. As this is a 2 bedroom apartment, the rooms are being used we decided to ask Aiba-chan, who has a spare room to have Nori-chan stay round his.” Ohno explained. Nino still looked confused “Nande? What about Jun-kun or Sho-chan?” Jun spoke up this time “We both have 1 bedroom apartments. Why are you so interested where Noriko will be staying anyway?” he asked slightly taken aback by Nino’s sudden interest in his sister. ‘After the incident 5 years ago, i didn’t think...” he caught the slight look of disappointment on Nino’s face before it disappeared.

“I’m not interested. I was just wondering, seeing as last night she stayed here and now she’s staying at Aiba’s, it was just a bit sudden and strange.” He said hiding his disappointment with irritation instead. Ohno noticed this and sighed next to him.

“Aiba looked over at Jun “Okay so that’s everything solved for the moment right?” Jun nodded to the question. Aiba then looked over at Noriko “Noriko-chan, are you okay to leave? Coco-chan kind of needs to be walked before it gets too dark...” Noriko smiled at Aiba and nodded “I’ve just got to pick up my stuff from Ninomiya-sans room.” She said getting up from her seat and going into Nino’s room to pick up her Suica Card, Phone and Keys from the bedside table.

When Noriko came back out the pair said their goodbyes and left. Luckily Aiba had brought his car so they got home fairly quickly. Once they arrived and as soon as Aiba opened the door a little black and white puppy came rushing out from the bedroom straight to Aiba and started running circles around his legs. Aiba laughed with Joy bending down to pick up the puppy. “Tadaima Coco-chan~!” he said to the puppy and received a small bark back. Turning towards Noriko Aiba grinned “Noriko-chan this is Coco-chan, Coco-Chan Say Hi to Noriko-chan~ Shes gonna be living with us from now on so you gotta get along ne?” He received a happy bark and a to the nose making Noriko giggle. Noriko then walked out from behind the man and put her hand out towards the puppy or her to sniff.

Coco-chan sniffed and then automatically her hand in a form of acceptance, making Aiba grin “I guess that means she likes you then ne?” Smiling Noriko nodded. Quickly looking over at the clock and then outside the window.  “Ne...Noriko-chan, do you want walk Coco-chan with me? Before it gets too dark?” Not really wanting to be left inside the house by herself just yet, Noriko agreed “Hai, sure why not.” She said with a smile. Aiba picked up Coco-chan’s lead and attached it too her collar. Putting her down on the ground the trio left the apartment.

The sun was setting just as they arrived at the park down the road from the apartment. As they took a stroll through the park, Aiba started up a conversation. “Ne...Noriko-chan. Can i talk to you about something?” Noriko looked over at Aiba “Sure what’s up Ma-kun?” Aiba looked over at his friend quickly before putting his sight back on the path in front of them. “Eto... there’s this girl I like-“ “EHHHHH?!?!?” Noriko, quite loudly,  interrupted. Quickly covering with his free hand and giving her a small glare “Noriko-chan!!! Shhhhhh!!!” Noriko nodded and pulled his hand away from “Gomen Ma-kun, Demo... i thought JE boys weren’t allowed to date...?” She said averting her eyes to the ground for a moment.

Aiba sighed, he should have realised that this was a bad idea to talk about it with Noriko. After that incident with Nino 5 years ago... “Iie... We can, it’s just more along the lines of were not allowed to let it be publicised and our work generally had to come before the relationship.” Noriko looked up at Aiba with a frown “Demo... why did Nino...” She sighed to herself, “forget it. I don’t want to know... plus were supposed to be talking about you. Now, so you like a girl? If you can date her, even if the circumstances for being able to are rather unreasonable, shouldn’t you ask her out?”

Aiba shook his head as a ‘no’ “Iie... She’s not a celebrity or anything, she works at the Doggy Day Care that i take Coco-chan to and it might stress her out too much to date me... plus I know she already has a boyfriend...But I can’t stop liking her.” Aiba said with a sigh looking down towards Coco-chan. Raising an eyebrow, Noriko looked up at her tall friend “Ano... how do you know she has a boyfriend Ma-kun?”

Keeping his gaze directed at Coco-chan, Aiba answered “she’s really friendly with one of her male colleges at the Day Care, too friendly for them not to be going out.” Noriko rolled her eyes at her friend “And that’s what’s called assuming too much Ma-kun. For all you know they could be close friends. Why don’t you just ask her out for dinner and see? No matter whether she’s not a celebrity or anything, you seem to really like this girl, and you’ll regret it if you don’t take the opportunity. All i can say is that if you do start dating, explain the rules of JE before you get too involved...” Noriko said placing her hand on Aiba’s shoulder giving it a little squeeze in comfort.

Aiba still didn’t look up but instead he muttered ‘I’ll think about it’ Noriko just gave a little sigh and changed the subject. After about half an hour of aimlessly walking around in the park they decided to head back home. Once they arrived back at the apartment, Aiba let Coco-chan off the lead and proceeded to explain where everything in the apartment was to Noriko.

After he finished the impromptu tour of the apartment, they had some dinner that Noriko had offered to cook up. After Dinner the pair sat down in the living room and watched some TV and caught the latest episode of Yamada Taro Monogatari, Aiba laughing when Noriko told him that Sho really needed some form of hair cut or it needed some sort of fluffing up because it just looked ridiculous like that. After watching the episode, the pair decided to head to bed as they had to be up relatively early tomorrow.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

The next day Noriko woke up to Coco-chan her face “Ewwww...Coco-chan! Wakarimaa!!! I’m up, I’m UP!!!” Norio explained to the puppy gigging and cringing at the same time. When she got up Coco-chan jumped down from Noriko’s stomach and barked happily Following the girl as she left the room. Realising something, she wandered over to Aiba’s bedroom door and knocked. “Ma-kun? Ano... do you have any spare pants?” Aiba laughed though the door, walking over to it and opening it letting the girl, and the puppy in. “eto... Boxers Hai! Ladies Pants...Iie.” Aiba said with a small chuckle towards the girl.

Noriko Pouted, it wasn’t like she was expecting Aiba to have some girl’s underwear in the first place.... “Just gimme the boxers and never mention this hazukashi situation again ne?” She said still pouting. Aiba handed over a pair whilst laughing at his friend and watched her stomp half heartedly to the bathroom to get ready. Grinning Aiba walked over to the bathroom door and called trhough “Ne, Noriko-chan? Do you need any other clothes or are you okay wearing the ones from yesterday?” He heard Noriko whine behind the door making him grin further “Mou... Ma-kun! Stop Teasing meeee!” Noriko said, evidentially making Aiba laugh again.

Once the Pair of them were ready, Aiba told Noriko they had to make a quick pit stop at the Doggy Day Care to Drop off Coco-chan. “Ahhhh~ Is Day Care Girl working today?” Noriko asked with a small grin. A light blush appeared on Aiba’s face “Iie.... she doesn’t work Saturdays.”  He said avoiding eye contact with the girl next to him, who he knew was trying to get back at him for earlier.

They got into the car and started to drive. Dropping off Coco-chan at the Day care, they then drove on to Ohno and Nino’s apartment. Once they arrived and Ohno opened the door, they found out that everyone was already there waiting for them. Jun Suggested that they get going straight away, that way they could get home before the rush hour traffic started in Tokyo.

They all walked to the cars, however the car arrangements didn’t go as Noriko has predicted. Instead of Nino going with Ohno and Jun, He walked over to Aiba’s Car, frown set on his face, and opened the back door and climbed in. Aiba looked over at Noriko, who looked quite surprised, to Nino, who seemed to be sulking in the backseat ‘this is going to be an unbearably quiet  trip...’ he thought to himself with a sigh. “Come on Noriko-chan, let’s get going.” Noriko nodded and walked round to the front passenger seat of the car and got in.

Aiba followed suit and drove off in the direction he knew was the way to Chiba. Whilst he might have been born and brought up in Chiba, Noriko live in a different area than him... and his sense of direction wasn’t all that great, So he always got lost going to Noriko’s apartment.

Aiba suggested that they go Via the ferry, which Noriko immediately rejected. “Ano... the ferry cost too much to cross over both times, it would be easier to use it on the way home when we have everything in the cars.” She suggested in return. Aiba thought on it for a minute then asked Nino “Ne, Nino-chan? What do you think?” the shorter male in the back paused his DS and looked up at Aiba in the front mirror, “What was the question?”

Noriko and Aiba both gave a giggle “Whether it would be better to go on the ferry now or on the way back Ninomiya-san.” Noriko told him. Nino thought about it for a second and then responded “On our way back would be better right? When we have a load of stuff in the car, I don’t think you and Oh-chan want to be driving your cars with heavy loads in them for a long period of time, I’m certain it’s not good for them.”  Noriko Cheered “YATTA! 2 against 1 Ma-kun!” she said sticking her tongue out at him, to which he quickly did the same back.

Something the flashed in Noriko’s memory “Oh!” she turned around to face Nino before he unpaused his game “Ninomiya-san, Toshi-kun told me you had a video of Aniki being glomped by Huskies?” Nino looked up at the girl who was looking at him with an adorably excited expression on her face that he couldn’t help but slightly blush and smile back. “Hai~! Gimme a second to find it and ill show it to you!” he said with a grin.

Once he found the video he gave his phone over to Noriko to watch it in the front seat. The giggles coming from the Girl eased Aiba’s mind on the upcoming event, even if he didn’t look it, he was really worried about the girl and her mental state.

After a while of light chatting, (Mostly between Aiba and Noriko. Nino Added a few comments here and there though) And instructions from Noriko, they arrived at Noriko’s apartment. They parked up in the car park round the back of the apartment building, Ohno Parking up besides them. Noriko Noticed that Yukio’s car was in the car Park too. She flinched . That meant he was more than likely home.

The 5 Members followed Noriko to her apartment and waited whilst she nervously opened the door. Once the door was open she could see Yukio’s face from the doorway. He looked over at her, not yet seeing the boys, “Oh so you finally decided to run back to me then?” Flinching, Noriko built up the courage to talk “Iie. I’m here to collect my things.” He raised an eyebrow in question, “To collect you things? And what exactly are you going to do with them? It’s not as if you have another place to go to.” He said confidently.

Jun and the others thought it would be best to enter the room fully at this point, “Well, I don’t know about that Namida. She does have an older brother you know.” Jun said entering the apartment with the rest of Arashi. “Ne... Imouto, Riida’s brought some boxes to put stuff in, so let’s start packing so we can get the hell away from this douche.”  Jun said to his sister opening up a few of the flat packed boxes that Ohno was holding.

Finally understanding that Noriko was serious about leaving, Yukio got up and walked over to her. Noticing that he was walking over towards her, Noriko moved behind and clung to the person who was closest to her, which just so happened to be Nino. Rather taken by surprise that Noriko had chose to hide behind him and cling to him, Nino wasn’t quite sure on what to do, Until he noticed how badly Noriko was shaking in fear. He looked over at Jun who nodded at him, To which Nino Turned around and brought the girl into his arms, Letting Jun stand in front of them.

Completely ignoring the death glare Jun sent him, Yukio spoke up towards Noriko “OI Onna! Like hell you’re packing anything!” He then looked at the members who, minus Nino (as his back was towards him), was giving him glares, He glared defiantly back “She’s NOT Leaving!” He growled out Trying to push Jun out of the way to get to Nino and Noriko. Jun just pushed him away from the group, Sho Ohno and Aiba all stood next to him in some sort of defence wall. “ I swear to Kami-sama Namida, if you don’t get out of our way and let us start packing, We will move you.” Jun said in a dark tone. Yukio looked at the group weighing his options. In the end he decided to glare at the group and sit down in the front room and ignore them all.

Nino Heard the shuffling of feet and turned his head around to see what had happened, When he noticed Yukio had gone, he looked back down at the quivering girl in his arms and moved his head down to whisper in her ear “Riko-chan... It’s okay now, he’s gone...” Purposely using the nickname he hadn’t called her in over 5 years just to calm her down. Noriko’s quivering slowed down and she slowly looked up at Nino and whispered “Arigato Kazu-kun...” Making the man smile softly back at her.

Nino let her go afterwards and they both turned to face the others. “Okay! Let’s get to it.” Jun announced then followed Noriko into the bedroom where they officially set two people to pack different things, Noriko and Sho were working on her clothes, which she had previously asked Sho to get some black bags to put them in, as it would be easier to carry them, instead of have them waste space in the boxes. Aiba and Nino were working on Electronics and anything that could be used with electronics, Whilst Jun and Ohno were working on Everything else (which wasn’t that much).

They managed to get everything packed up and in the cars within an hour, and Luckily there were no interruptions from Yukio. With the last box packed and almost ready to take down to the cars, the group were just about to leave the apartment, when a head popped round through the open door “Noriko-chan?” Noriko turned around from taping up the box to stare in surprise at the door “Usagi-chan?” The girl at the door nodded in response. “Un...Ano...what’s going on? Are you moving?” she asked sounding quite upset by the fact that her question might be true.

Noriko gave her a sad smile and nodded “Hai... Follow me down to the car and ill explain.” Usagi nodded and waited by the door for everyone to leave the apartment, Noriko and Jun being last Noriko shut the door behind her and posted the key to the apartment through the letter box. As the group walked down the stairs and towards the car park, Noriko explained everything to Usagi, whose eyes widened at the explanation. “Oh Hun, This is bad news and good news rolled into one!  Bad news that Yukio got so bad that you actually have to leave, but it’s good because i just got transferred to the Tokyo office for work which means I’m moving too! I was just coming round to tell you!” Usagi said with a wide smile. Noriko’s eyes widened and then she broke out in a smile and hugged her friend “Hontou?! Yatta!” Noriko said grinning from ear to ear. Hugging her back Usagi looked over slightly over at the group of boys and then whispered to her friend so that they wouldn’t here her “Ano.... Noriko-chan...how do you know Arashi?”  Noriko giggled and turned around and introduced everyone to each other “Minna~ before i forget, as your probably gonna be seeing a lot of each other soon, i should probably introduce you to one another. Guys this is My only female friend, Kuroshino Usagi-chan.” Usagi blushed slightly under the gaze of all for men, and bowed slightly “Hajimimae, watashi no Kuroshino Usagi Desu, Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.” She introduced herself again.

The boys all bowed slightly back and Noriko decided to introduce them “Usagi-chan, This is Matsumoto Jun, My Aniki” She watched Usagi’s eyes widen in realisation and giggled “These two are Aiba Masaki and Ohno Satoshi, my other best friends, you know Toshi-kun and Ma-kun.” Usagi let out a small “Ehhhh?!” Of shock, whilst to 2 men mentioned and Noriko just laughed “and these two over here are Sakurai Sho and Ninomiya Kazunari.” She introduced the last pair who waved and nodded in return. 

After the introductions, Noriko told Usagi she would text her her address and for her to do the same. Usagi nodded and hugged her friend goodbye, telling her and the boys that she would come and visit soon. As she watched her friend drive off, she noticed a dark figure slip back round the corner and frowned ‘What the hell? Was he listening on our entire conversation... Yabai, i better warn Noriko-chan about this, it feels like he’s up to something.’ Usagi thought to herself, whilst looking at the corner the figured turned down, before walking quickly back to her house.

 

End of Chapter 3

 

 

Haha Gomen Gomen Gomen!!!!! I didn’t mean for it to take this long for me to update! Honest!, i just got lazy and count be bothered to type up anything. Anyways if your by any chance wondering, Noriko and Nino won’t be using those names again for each other until a while into the story, it was just that Noriko needed the comfort at the time and if Nino had used her last name it just wouldn’t have worked. Anyways the good thing about this chapter is that its longer than the last ones~ so i hope you enjoyed it! The next one won’t be up for a while as i still have to write it xD

~Kai