Chapter 10

Runaway

 

Chapter 10

Nino sighed as he thought about breaking the news to Noriko… Not only Noriko but the rest of the gang too… Especially Jun. “Kuso…” He cursed again. He decided the best way to do it was to tell everyone when they were all together. So he texted everyone, First Ohno, asking him if he and Usagi were still at Aiba and Noriko’s and if they weren’t, make their way back, Then Jun and Sho, Telling them to go to Aiba and Noriko’s, then finally Aiba, mentioning that everyone was coming round and asking him to text Hanako to tell her to come round, figuring she could take the spot of watch guard at Noriko’s work during the day.

Not waiting around for reply’s, Nino put back on his shoes and jacket and rushed out of his apartment, and back to Aiba’s and Noriko’s. Once he arrived He was glad to see that Ohno and Usagi were still there, along with the added appearances of Jun and Hanako. Seeing that Sho had yet to turn up, he checked his phone to see if he had any messages from the rapper.

6 New Messages

‘6 new messages? I could have sworn I had only texted 4 people…’ looking into his inbox, he found out that 4 of the messages were from Aiba, and the other two were from Jun and Sho. He shook his head and just opened the one from Sho

Gomen. Can’t come, News Zero Filming.’

Nino shook his head He knew that Sho’s News Zero filming was earlier that day, obviously Sho didn’t know he knew, so he could only Assume Sho was trying to avoid someone. Having no clue who, and not particularly feeling to pry into Sho’s business this evening, he just settled for telling him tomorrow.

Looking at the group, and Avoiding Jun’s slight glare, automatically knowing that someone had told him what Masami had done, Nino started talking “Okay Sho’s not joining us because apparently he has News Zero filming,” Noticing the Rest of Arashi’s raised eyebrows He shook his head “Don’t ask… anyway, We have a much more important issue on our hands…” Nino turned his gaze from his group to focus on Noriko. “Nagasawa* has given Namida your work and school addresses…” He announced slowly, noticing her look immediately turn terrified. “N…N…Nani?”

Before he could reply Jun was grabbing his collar “Ninomiya! Just what the hell have you done?! From the day we all went out to dinner that day you should have known that Nagasawa disliked Noriko!” Nino did know, but he had decided to ignore it, figuring it was only a one off. Boy did that back fire in his face. Once again before he could say anything to defend himself Ohno this time had interrupted. “Enough Jun! Now’s not the time for this, Nori-chan is scared out of her mind over here, we need to be thinking of ways to protect her, not be arguing over something that is unimportant at the moment!” Jun turned to Ohno with shocked eyes, Nino much the same, never had they heard him be so serious.

Ohno ignored them both, instead he helped Hanako and Usagi comfort his best friend. “Noriko-chan don’t worry, Hanako-chan’s at your work place with you, I’m sure she can get her shifts changed to match yours…” He looked over at the slightly confused Hanako, and received a hesitant nod in return; Aiba or Usagi could fill her in on the details later. “And we can all rotate to pick you and drop you off at Uni.” Though her tears he could see Noriko’s doubtful eyes, her doubt was proved when she spoke next “Toshi-kun, you 4, 5 including Sho-chan, are Idols, Highly Famous Idols, Usagi is a famous gravure model, And Hanako-chan works another Job, There is no way possible for that to work. Your schedules are too random and hectic…it’s just not…possible.” Noriko said in a helpless voice.

The group looked a little lost, they knew she was right but, that didn’t mean they couldn’t just sit back and do nothing. Aiba spoke up from his seat next to Hanako “Well if we can’t do that, can you do something like call one of us after your works finished or after your collage is finished? And if were able to, then one of us can come meet you at work or school. Does that work for you Noriko-chan?” Noriko knew that saying ‘no’ was not an option from the looks everyone was giving her, not that she wanted to say no mind you, she was terrified of this whole situation.

Once she nodded the group let out numerous sighs of relief. After that they checked the schedules over to see if anyone was available to pick up Noriko after school tomorrow, and then once they had made their arrangements, they all decided to head home, Well most of them anyway. However, Jun refused to leave Noriko’s side. Noriko knew why, it was the same reason why Nino had given her a looks as if he didn’t want to leave either, Both her brother and Nino were the only ones who could ever read her hidden emotions. Whilst Ohno and Usagi were her best friends, if they could read her emotions, they hadn’t let on the fact that they could.

She was glad that Jun decided to stay round, not that she didn’t feel safe with just Aiba, but with the way she was feeling at the moment, she wanted her big brother next to her. As the others left, with Nino promising to Phone Sho later and explain the situation and Aiba dropped home Hanako, Noriko got up and walked over to her brother, and promptly burst into tears as soon as he wrapped his arms around her. Jun rubbed soothing circles on Noriko’s back as she cried and moved the pair of them over to the sofa. “It will be alright Noriko, you see, everything will be okay.” He mumbled into Noriko’s head.

By the time Aiba got home, Noriko had already cried herself to sleep and Jun had rearranged her to be lying down with her head on his lap. Aiba sighed as he lifted up Noriko’s legs and sat down, placing them on his lap. “Jun-kun…. What are we gonna do?” he asked the younger male next to him. Jun let out a sigh and leaned his head back against the sofa, “Wakanaiyo… demo I do know that were gonna do everything in our power to keep Noriko safe.” Jun said with finality in his voice making Aiba nod in return.

____________________________________________________________________

 

The next day, Jun and Aiba dropped Noriko off at Uni before they both headed off for a photo shoot. All day Noriko was jumpy, in all honesty she had every right to be, but it annoyed her. She didn’t want to feel as if you would be pulled into a dark corner at any moment or she would see him standing in her way and she had nowhere to run.

Once her classes were finished for the day, she texted all the boys that she was leaving to go home, and she received a call from Ohno, who spoke to her until she was at the train station. This situation continued for a few weeks, someone picking her up or dropping her off at Work or Uni, or Noriko calling or texting one of the guys whilst she walked to the train station. Everyone had relaxed a little bit.

It was a long day for Noriko, She went straight to work after an early morning lesson at Uni, and she was quite nervous as Hanako wasn’t working today, she had caught a cold during the week, however Nino was coming to pick her up. As she went on her lunch break, she checked her phone for any messages, she received 3, one from Hanako, One from Usagi and another from Nino. She read the girls first.

‘Gomen for not being able to come into work today Noriko-chan, I should be better by Friday, so I’ll see you then :)’ Noriko smiled, the girl always apologised even when the situation wasn’t her fault. She moved onto the one from Usagi ‘OMG HAVE YOU READ THE LATEST CHAPTER TO KHR?!?!?!? BUY IT ON YOUR WAY HOME SERIOUSLY!!!  ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆this message had Noriko giggling to herself for about 5minutes, Seriously Usagi and her otakuness. Just as she got to the message from Nino she got interrupted by one of her colleagues wanting to talk to her about something. 

She closed her phone and chatted with her colleague, once her break was over, she went back to work, completely forgetting about the message left on her phone. It soon came to the time she was supposed to leave, Aiba had already picked up Coco-chan so she didn’t have to worry about taking her home.

Standing outside, Noriko was wondering where Nino was, he usually met her inside the building about 5 minutes before she was supposed to leave when he came to pick her up. It was then she remembered the text message. Opening her phone she checked the message that she had forgot to read earlier;

Noriko-chan Sorry but I’m probably gonna be about 5 minutes late today, Manager wants to have a mini meeting after the interview this afternoon. Just wait for me inside, I’ll be there as soon as possible.’ Noriko sighed at this, she really should have checked it at lunch time instead of when she was already standing outside, whilst it was dark out too. Feeling a small shiver of fear go down her spine, Noriko picked up her bag from the floor and turned to go back into work. Just as she started walking back, someone grabbed her from behind and covered to stop her from screaming.

Noriko started struggling in the grip of the person and winced when the grip became tighter. She saw herself being dragged back into the alleyway next to her work. Her kidnapper was still holding her from behind and keeping a hand over , she felt his breath on her ear and she cringed in fear. “Well Well Noriko-chan, you thought you could get away from me did you?” the whispered voice of Yukio came into her ear making Noriko tremble as tears started to form in her eyes.

Nino met Jun whilst he was leaving to go and pick up Noriko from work, so Jun decided to join him. They had taken Jun’s car, Nino had left his at home, and parked up outside Aiba and Noriko’s apartment. Walking down to Noriko’s work place, they saw a bag just on the corner of the alleyway, Nino frowned, The bag looked familiar to him but he couldn’t place his finger on it, He was still thinking as they walked into the Doggy Day Care centre. Jun went up and asked for Noriko, When they heard that she had left about 5 minutes ago the pair felt there stomachs drop. It then clicked in Nino’s mind where he noticed the bag before. “Jun, That Bag we saw next to the alley….” He didn’t have to explain any further as Jun was shooting off out of the door, Nino on his tail.

Back in the alley Noriko had been pushed up against the wall, hand still covering , she had struggled so much already that she felt too weak to be able to anymore. Staring Noriko in the eyes, Yukio grinned evilly gripping the girls chin forcefully “, you really thought you could run away from me? No one runs away from me unless I let them.” He said slapping her harshly round her face. “I think you deserve some punishment for your disobedience.” He said. Smirking at the look of fear on Noriko’s face, he punched the girl Hard in her stomach, feeling her cry out against his hand.

He laughed and kicked her in the legs making her topple over, this time her cry was not covered by his hand, to which glared at her for, “Shut the up, no one gave you permission to make any sound.” He said slapping Noriko around her face and cutting her lip with the force of it. He grinned when she cried out again, and slapped her again “Where’s your big brother and his friends to protect you now?” he said smugly, bringing his hand up to strike her again, but before it reached her he was barged out of the way.

Yukio winced when he hit the floor “Who the …?” he said starting to get up, looking in front of him to see who barged him out of the way, He saw Nino and Jun standing in front of Noriko glaring him down. Yukio got up and smirked “Well Well if it isn’t the big brother and his little idol friend, come to save your little sister eh?” He started with his smirk growing wider as he realised something “Shame you can’t help her, don’t wanna spoil your idol image with a scandal now do we?” both Jun and Nino tightened their fists in annoyance. Noriko leaning up against the wall, bordering on the lines of unconsciousness, luckily she still had enough sense to pull out her phone from her pocket and dial 119, she managed to get a ‘please help’ before she passed out.

____________________________________________________________________

 

The next thing Noriko knew she woke up in hospital, with Hanako and Usagi sleeping on chairs next to her. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes Noriko muttered “what the…”  “Noriko-chan…you’re awake…”  She turned her head towards the voice at the door and saw Sho standing in the doorway. “Sho-kun…why am I in the hospital…?” she asked confused, making Sho frown “you really don’t remember…?” he questioned, thinking that as she had just woken up it wasn’t fresh on her mind. Noriko thought about it for a little while and then her eyes widened, proving Sho’s suspicions to be correct.

Noriko broke out into nervous shakes after remembering, Making Sho panic a little and rush over towards the bed, The noise of movement and talking awakening the two sleeping girls in the room. “Noriko-chan its fine, The Police have arrested Namida, He won’t be coming anywhere near you.” Sho said still looking panicked as the shaking wasn’t stopping. He turned to the now awake Usagi and Hanako silently asking them for help.

The two girls got up from their seats and took a place on either side of the bed, and hugged the trembling girl. “Sakurai-kun, go call Matsumoto-kun and the rest of the boys to tell them she’s awake.” Usagi asked the lost looking man, who nodded in return and left the room silently. As soon as he left, Noriko burst into tears “I was scared… So scared…” she choked out.  The girls didn’t say anything, knowing that words would be useless at this point in time, and just hugged the distraught girl a little tighter.

Eventually Noriko calmed down enough for the girls to explain to her what happened after she passed out. “Matsumoto-kun and Nino were attacked by Namida, and they somehow managed to knock him out without drawing blood, so when the police arrived they weren’t charged with anything. Once they had explained everything to the police and got you to the hospital, The police took Yukio away and are detaining him until they can get a court hearing.*[2]” Noriko nodded in acceptance. She knew whilst it wasn’t fully over, it was over, with the injuries she sustained from him this time and the many times before, plus the fact that Jun and Nino saw him attacking her this time, there was no way he would be able to talk his way out of this one.

Noriko slowly sighed in relief. The 3 girls sat and chatted for a little while, Hanako explaining to her that she obtained  2 fractured ribs AND had been asleep for 3 days, as Noriko didn’t seem to understand what the point to her being in the hospital was when she felt just fine. Sho came back in a few minutes later announcing that the guys are on their way and should be here soon, then asking if they wanted anything to eat, leaving again once they announced their vending machine orders.

“Ne… Why is Sho-kun here, if you two are here? Not that I’m not grateful he’s it, it just seems odd, especially since I think he’s been avoiding me ever since I stayed round his house a few months ago.” Hanako and Usagi both giggled a little before Usagi answered “Well I don’t know about him avoiding you, but he’s here because, Nino refused to leave your side, and Sho staying was the only way to get Nino to go to work.” When she saw the look of confusion on Noriko’s face Hanako took over from Usagi, “Ninomiya-san had stayed by your side since you were admitted to the hospital, It took the persuasion skills of everyone, and Sho staying to keep an eye on you, to make him go to work this morning.” Noriko’s eyes widened. “Demo…nande?” Noriko couldn’t think of a reason as to why he would want to stay by her side, it just didn’t make any sense.

“Usagi-chan has a theory, Demo I have a feeling she’s been reading too much Shoujo manga….” Hanako said with a small grin towards the older girl making her pout. “Mou…. I’m not reading too much shoujo manga, it could be true!” Usagi exclaimed back. Noriko giggled, When Usagi pouted, it never failed to make her giggle. “What’s your theory Usa-chan?” But before Usagi could respond the door burst open.

“NORIKO-CHAN!!!!” Aiba shouted running into the room and rushing over towards her bed making Noriko panic a little that he was going to give her one of his death hugs. Her worry’s were not needed though, because just as he was about to give her a hug, Ohno’s voiced called from behind him “Aiba-chan! Remember Nori-chan’s ribs!” Aiba stopped himself just in time and ended up hugging the startled Hanako instead, Making Usagi and Noriko giggle at both of their blushing faces.

Jun came in behind Ohno rushing over towards Noriko Rambling all sorts of questions and telling her he was glad she was finally awake or at least that’s what she thought he was saying, He wasn’t making much sense with the rambling, and wouldn’t stop until Ohno put a hand on his shoulder to calm the franticness of the man. Jun took a deep breath and calmed himself down, Making Noriko smile gently and his wavy hair “I’m Fine Aniki… honest. Just feeling a bit bruised that’s all.” She said with the soft smile still in place. About 10 minutes past, whilst everyone chatted amongst each other,   Noriko kept watching the door wondering where Nino was. Ohno caught her looking at the door and smiled “He’ll be here soon Nori-chan; he just has a few bits to catch up with at work for the time he missed.” Ohno explained to her with a small smile. Noriko blushed at being caught staring, but nodded still looking towards the door.

Time went by, The doctors came in to tell her she had to stay a few more days in the hospital then she would be allowed to go home, which made Noriko grumble about how she was perfectly fine and could do the exact same thing she was doing now in her own comfy bed at home. Eventually everyone headed home, now knowing that she was awake and alright they felt it was okay to leave her side. Noriko sighed as she watched them leave and stared at the door for another 5 minutes afterwards. Nino still hadn’t turned up, she knew he was busy, Especially since he apparently hadn’t left her side for 2 days straight, but she wanted to thank him, both for staying by her side, and for saving her.

She sighed and turned her head away from the door opting to turn on the TV in her room and watch that instead. She briefly wondered if her parents would come and visit her, but then thought against it, they’ve never really been bothered in her life, why would they make a start now? Just as she was about to drift off into a sleep she heard a small knock on the door and someone entering. Noriko turned her attention towards the door and was quite shocked when she saw Nino there smiling slightly at her, holding a bag.

“Nino…” Noriko spoke with a soft smile in his direction. Nino smiled back and walked over to the chair at the side of her bed “Gomen Noriko-chan, I would have come sooner but Manager-san wouldn’t let me, saying something about me having to make up time for what I missed.” Nino rolled his eyes with a slight ticked off look when he said that. Noriko giggled at him making him pout slightly. “So I take it everyone left then?” Noriko nodded, “Have you had dinner?” He the girl again, watching her shaker her hand in a sort of way in response “Sort of… Demo… I only ate the pudding, the dinner itself looked a bit iffy. Kinda like aeroplane food.” Noriko said scrunching up her nose at the thought Making Nino chuckle.

Nino reached into the bag he brought with him and brought out 2 bento sets “here, I bought you this just in case you hadn’t eaten…” he placed the Inari Sushi set on Noriko’s lap, handing her a pair of disposable chopsticks, whilst he took the Hamburger one for himself. Noriko blushed slightly, She didn’t expect Nino to buy her a bento set, let alone remember her favourite type. “You remembered…” She whispered loud enough for Nino to hear.

Looking down at his bento, hiding the blush that appeared on his face “of course I did… I never forgot anything about you Noriko-chan, even when I tried to I couldn’t…” he spoke not lifting his head up. Noriko didn’t reply but the blush and smile that was on her face didn’t disappear until after Nino left that evening.  

End Chapter

 

* The Reason Nino’s Using Masami’s last name now instead of her first, is mainly because he doesn’t feel close enough to the woman to use her first name anymore. (on a side note I did the same thing to my ex boyfriend, calling him by the nicknames our friends gave him instead of his actual name when we broke up *shrugs* lol

*[2] All I can say is that I watch too much CSI… xD

Well there’s the update. And a longer one than usual at that~! I think there will most likely be about 1 or 2 chapters left before the epilogue~ tis a shame its coming to an end soon but the sequel isn’t far off :D