Chapter 9.5

Runaway

Chapter 9.5

Usagi checked herself over in the mirror, she received a text message from Ohno yesterday evening asking whether she was free tomorrow. And now he was meeting her at her apartment to take her on that proper date he promised a couple of days ago.

Ohno said to dress casual, so she made sure to try and dress casual, but not so much so that she looked like she was going to lounge around the house. So she put on a mini skirt and pretty white t-shirt and Tied up her hair. Once she had finished checking herself over in the mirror, She made sure she had everything she needed packed away in her bag.

Usagi was wondering whether she should call Noriko and tell her that Ohno had invited her out on  date… but then she thought against it…. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to tell Noriko, she was just a bit scared of her reaction. Before she managed to get to deep into her thoughts, her doorbell rang.

Taking a deep breath she walked over to her door and answered it, outside stood Ohno dressed in a simple pair of jeans with a blue and white striped shirt with a white tee underneath , though he had a cap and sunglasses on to hide his identity, he had a bright smile on too. “Hey.” He said looking over Usagi’s outfit with an even bigger smile. Usagi blushed when she saw him checking her out “Hi Ohno-kun, uh let me just grab my bag and we can go.” She said rushing back into her bedroom to grab her bag and then her key’s and phone from the sofa and rushed back to the door, slipping on her white plimsolls before she exited the door.

They walked down to the parking lot in a comfortable silence and hopped into Ohno’s car. Ohno had removed his Hat and glasses as soon as he entered his car, and Usagi being curious questioned him on where they were going.  “Soooo where are we going?” Usagi said as Ohno started driving. Ohno smiled, “Himitsu desu~” he replied with a grin. Usagi pouted but didn’t question any further, instead she started up a different conversation “Noriko-chan told me you were in the last episode of Sakurai-san’s and Ninomiya-san’s drama?”  Ohno nodded “only for a brief moment though” she said with a small chuckle as he remembered the filming.

“Got any upcoming drama’s or TV shows?” Ohno thought for a second, “Besides Mago Mago Arashi and Shukudai-kun, nothing really.” He responded with a sigh “But on the good side, it gives me more time to go fishing!” he announced with a grin, making Usagi laugh. “What about you? Had any new photo shoots recently?”

Usagi smiled “Yup! I recently had a school girl Photo Shoot which will be added to a photo book I’m supposed to be releasing at the end of next month, and I also finished filming a DVD yesterday...” Ohno’s cheek’s blushed when he heard ‘school girl photo shoot’. He recently decide to go out and find some of Usagi’s photo books, Just because he was curious, and found himself strangely hooked onto any of her Cosplay photo books.

About 30 minutes of friendly chatter later they arrived at their destination. Usagi stared out of the window, her eyes wide with excitement “Tokyo Sea Life Park?! Uwa~ I’ve always wanted to come here!” Usagi said with a huge grin and turned to Ohno and gave him a hug, well hugged him as much as one could in a car. Ohno was surprised at the recation but grinned back never the less. “ well you seemed to like eating fish so I wondered if you would like to see some too.” Ohno said with a small laugh.

 

Usagi giggled at the logic, but couldn’t fault it, she did after all love fish! As they got out of the car Ohno put his hat and glasses on, making Usagi wonder if she should have brought something too, Then again, whilst she was famous in the gravure idol community, she wasn’t that famous elsewhere yet.

They walked up the pathway towards the circular shaped building and inside the entrance. Ohno paid for the tickets and they took their tour around the aquarium. Ohno smiled as he watched Usagi wander over to each exhibit looking at the fish with an amazed expression. When they got to the big Hammerhead & Tuna tank, Usagi grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the glass “Ne~ Ohno-kun, have you ever caught a shark before when you’ve gone fishing?” Usagi asked the older man besides her. Ohno, Who was still slightly blushing due to the fact that Usagi hadn’t let go of his had yet, laughed softly at the question “Iie, I haven’t as of yet, though I’m not sure I would want to… I’d rather not have a catch biting off my head or something.” He said with a small frown looking at a hammerhead that had come up close to the glass. Usagi giggled at the answer.

They wandered around the aquarium for a bit, and after seeing the penguins, they decided to leave the aquarium and go and grab a late lunch nearby. They found a quiet little restaurant just a small drive away from the sea life park.

They ordered something to eat and then started conversation with each other. “So Ohno-kun, Besides Fishing, what else do you enjoy doing?” Usagi asked the idol. Ohno thought for a moment “I like Art. Both drawing and sculptures. I kind of hope that Johnny-san will let me hold my own exhibition one day.” Usagi smiled at the happy look on the man’s face “I’m sure he will let you Ohno-kun, I haven’t seen your art yet but I’m sure if you love it as much as you look like you do then its great!” at this statement Ohno looked surprised.

“You haven’t seen my art yet? Have you watched any of Arashi’s TV shows before?” Ohno asked curiously. Usagi thought for a second and then shook her head “I only started to really watch them after I came to see you guys on Shukudai-kun that time, even then I don’t watch all of them, work tends to keep me too busy, plus I’m an Otaku, I have animes to catch up with too…” Usagi trailed off with a sheephish grin.

Ohno chuckled at the girl. “Maybe I should show you my art then? My Parents house is just down the road and I’m sure I have some of my artbooks there?” Usagi blinked, even though he was using the artbook as an excuse, technically he was still inviting her to meet his parents, She wasn’t sure weather to be pleased or nervous. Ohno saw the uncomfortable look on Usagi’s face and smiled softly at her, “Kuroshino-chan, you don’t need to come in, though I wouldn’t mind if you did, I just want to go and pick up the books. But if it makes you feel that uncomfortable we honestly don’t have to go.” Ohno said shrugging, he didn’t like seeing the girl uncomfortable.

Usagi blushed at the fact he could read her so well, but then smiled at the thought that he cared about what she felt. “Its okay Ohno-kun, I wouldn’t mind seeing your parents. But on one condition…” Ohno frowned “Condition…?” Usagi giggled at the expression on his face “On the condition that you call me Usagi~” she said making Ohno blush but nod “Hair…Usagi-chan.” He said still blushing but with a small smile.

Just as they were about to get up to leave Usagi’s phone ringed She looked down and noticed the number that was calling her, It was Noriko. Ohno noticed the girls slight paniced expression “Kuro-ah Usagi-chan, Doua no?” he asked. Usagi looked up at the man and showed him her phone.  “Ano… its Noriko-chan… I don’t know weather to answer it or not…” she said fretting. Ohno took Usagi’s spare hand in one of his “Usagi-chan,if you don’t want her to know then you don’t have to tell her yet, but you know that Nori-chan is bound to find out eventually.” He said, with his thumb running over her fingers softly in a comforting manner. Usagi nodded, and just as she was about to pick up the phone, it stopped ringing.

Usgai sighed in acceptance, “I’ll just tell her later then…” Ohno continued to her hand gently as he led the girl out of the restaurant and into the car. It was just a short journey to Ohno’s Parents house but when they got there Usagi was amazed with the normalicy of the house, she kind of expected Ohno’s parents to live in a traditional Japanese house, but it was just a normal modernised family house. As if Ohno could read her thoughts (she was starting to think that he actually could) he spoke “by the look on your face you were expecting it to look different?” Ohno asked with a chuckle, making Usagi’s face turn a light shade of red as she nodded. “I thought it may have been a traditional Japanese style house…” Usagi trailed off, embarrassed she was telling him, Ohno just laughed it off “Iie, demo Obaa-san and Ojii-san live in one. Ill take you there someday.” Ohno told her with a casual smile making the girl blush further.

They both got out of the car and walked over to the building, Ohno rang the doorbell and waiting for someone to answer. The door opened only moments later, revealing the face of a pretty middle aged woman in an apron with long light brown hair tied into a bun. “Ah Satoshi! You didn’t say you were visiting today…” She trailed off slightly when she glanced at Usagi, who was standing nervously next to Ohno. “Ah! Who’s this lovely lady next to you Satoshi? Ah wait a moment, both of you please come in and then introductions can be made.” The older woman said motioning them to come in the house.

Two couple entered the house, removing there shoes at the doorway and followed the older woman into the front room. Ohno looked around in confusion before asking “Okaa-san, wheres Otou-san?” he asked. Ohno’s mother let out a giggle, one that sounded rather like Ohno’s chuckle, well at least to Usagi anyway “He’s gone on a small golfing trip today with his friends.” She explained, making Ohno nod in understanding.

“Anyway, Satoshi dear, please introduce this lovely lady.” The elder woman said motioning for her son to do the introductions. Ohno blushed slightly but did as he was told “Ano… This is Kuroshino Usagi, Ano… shes my…” He slightly looked over at the girl and saw the nervous look she was giving him, and decided that she would more than likely be more comfortable with him announcing her as his friend rather than anything else at the moment “…My friend.” Giving his mother a look saying ‘don’t delve into it.’ Ohno’s mother smiled and gave him a knowing look in return. She got up and walked over to Usagi and bowed slightly receiving one in return “Kuroshino-san it’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m Ohno Hina.” Hina said introducing herself with a smile.

Usagi bowed once again to the elder woman in respect “Ah it’s a pleasure to meet you too Ohno-san. Its such a lovely home you have here.” Hina smiled at the girls politeness and thought that she reminded her of someone “You know you remind me of one of Satoshi’s other Female friends when she was first introduced to me. Noriko-chan was really polite and rather shy too.” Usagi’s eyes widened, She never knew Noriko had met Ohno’s parents before. “Ah Okaa-san, I met Usagi-chan through Noriko, There best friends.” Ohno explained to his mother from the sidelines.

Hina raised an eyebrow at the way Ohno addressed Usagi but ignored it for now, she could always hassle her son for details later. “Ah, That would be why, Noriko-chan as a way of rubbing off on people.” She said with a smile at the pair. Usagi blushed and averted her eyes from the elder woman.  Ohno announced to his mother the reason for his abrupt visit too which she smiled and shooed the pair off to Ohno’s old bedroom.

Once they entered the room Ohno began searching the shelves whilst Usagi browed around the room taking a peek into the life of a teenage Ohno. She giggled at the several Dragonball posters on the wall making Ohno look over at her, wondering what she was giggling about. When she pointed out the dragonball posters he blushed slightly a scratched the back of his head, making Usagi smile. Ohno started looking for his art books again and also started up a conversation with Usagi, “So you didn’t like Dragonball then?” He questioned the girl.

Usagi shook her head, then realising he couldn’t see her so she spoke instead “Iie, Its not that I didn’t like it, its more along the lines that I didn’t get to watch it. My parents were rather strict in the area of me being able to watch cartoons, which is probably why I’m an Otaku at the moment, kind of catching up on all the anime I missed when I was a child.” Usagi said with a grin in Ohno’s direction. The older man chuckled then let out a small ‘Yatta!’ as he pulled out a box from one of his shelves. Placing it down on his old bed, and sitting down, he motioned for Usagi to do the same.

Once Usagi was comfortable, Ohno brought the box onto his lap and opened it. From it he took out a few old art books and gave them to Usagi. She opened the first book and was amazed. Ohno’s artwork was quite different from what most people deemed as ‘normal art’ however it was that difference that made it brilliant and she like it.

“Sugoi Ohno-kun! There amazing! And these were from your High school days? I can only imagine what your artworks like now!” she said with a huge smile. Ohno blushed at the praise “Arigatou Usagi-chan.” Usagi continued smiling and browsed through the rest of the books. “Ne Ohno-kun, If Johnny-san doesn’t let you open up an exhibition then I’ll help you do one!” She said whilst finishing flicking through the last book and turning to face the older man, however she didn’t expect his face to be so close.

Ohno’s eyes widened when Usagi turned around to face him, he wasn’t expecting it. He had been practically looking over her shoulder to have a look at some of his old work too and when she turned to face him, their faces where so close that if he leaned forward enough…

Usagi’s eyes widened when she felt Ohno’s lips on hers. But after a few seconds she processed what was going on and closed her eyes and kissed back. Usagi slipped the art books off of her lap and onto the bed and then lace her arms around Ohno’s neck and the pair got more into the kiss.

After a while, the pair pulled away from each other with a blush and a smile. Then just as Ohno was about to say something there was a knock at the door. “Satoshi? Are you and Kuroshino-san staying for dinner?” Ohno sighed a little at the interruption but got up and opened the door to speak to his mother. “Iie Okaa-san, We’ve got to get going soon anyway. Maybe next time?” Hina gave her son another knowing look and a smile/ “Okay, but you make sure you bring Kuroshino-san with you next time too! It would be nice to get to know her a little bit more.” Ohno gave his mother a dorkish smile and nodded “Of course Okaa-san!” Not noticing the huge blush on Usagi’s face behind him. It didn’t however pass by Hina, who smiled.

A few minutes after that conversation the couple had said there goodbyes and where in the car driving back to central Tokyo. On the way back Usagi had noticed that Noriko has actually left a message when she called earlier.. As she listened to it, her face turned to dread. Saving the message after she was don, she turned to Ohno “Ohno-kun, we need to pick up Ninomiya-san and head to Noriko’s place Asap!” A confused Ohno asked the only logical question he could think of at the time “Nani? Nande?” As soon as Usagi explained and played the voice message on speaker phone to him, Ohno had his serious face on and told her to call Nino.

That woman had gone too far this time.

End Chapter.

Just a small chapter as to why Usagi didn’t pick up the phone when noriko called, and a bit of Usagi x Ohno luff~  Chapter 10 has still gotta be written but I know what needs to be written for it so it should be up quicker than usual… then again I always say that don’t I xD