Hold on...

If I fall in love with you

 

As Heechul played with the smoke that was forming with every breathe that he took, a flash of happy memories flooded his mind; memories that he spent with him, the person he loved the most, his angel…..especially the last day he spent with him….the day that he had to say goodbye.

It’s been almost seven years but every single bit of memory was still perfectly etched in his mind, the very last second that he was able to hold his angel’s hand, and he knew that those memories will forever be engraved in his mind and his heart…..the pain that was caused by their separation.

“Hey!” Heechul just continued staring at the dark sky, ignoring the newcomer. “Let me guess, you’re thinking about him?”

He looked down and touched the ring that served as a pendant for his necklace as he tried to kick every single memory that was causing him pain out of his system, but just like before, he failed.

“Are you not going back to Seoul? It’s tomorrow right? It’s been years.” The guy sighed and forced his car keys to his hands. “We’re done with everything here. The contract has been signed so we don’t need you and your scary aura here anymore.” The guy started walking back inside the building but before he finally closed the door behind him, he spoke. “Visit him sometimes Hyung. I know you’ve already learned your lessons. You wouldn’t want to miss every opportunity to be with him again.”

Even he couldn’t explain but Heechul just found himself just a few steps away from his car. It was as if his feet grew its own brain and decided to walk by itself or should he say that it was his heart who decided to do so. He quickly started his car and drove a little bit faster than he should towards the city of Seoul, the place that taught him how to love, and the place where he met the only person that made his heartbeat, the only place where he can be with his angel again.

After a few hours, he finally reached his destination and there he was, Jungsu, his angel, smiling happily right in front of him. The twinkle in his eyes was still the same as how they were when he first met him. His smile still has the same effect on him, smiles that never fail to make his heart melt.

“Long time no see.” He whispered as he traced every contour of his angel’s face. Seven years, and everything about him is still the same, and that everything includes his feelings towards the man. “Saranghae.”

As those words escaped from his mouth, painful memories, again, flooded his system.

It happened seven years ago, it was also winter then and there’s a huge possibility of a snowfall.

It was a regular busy morning for Heechul and the company, he was working hard just like what he promised his angel, when a sudden visitor came to his office.

“Good morning.” The man greeted him and just like what he expected, he felt like that smile brought him to heaven.


“Jungsu.” He whispered as he stared at the most beautiful being that he saw in his entire life.

He felt how his rhythm fastened. He wanted to run into him and shower him with hugs and kisses yet there is part of him that was telling him not to. His heart yearns to be with him but his mind was telling him to calm down and be patient.

“Busy?”

“Yes.” He quickly answered while trying to avoid the other’s gaze. He promised him that he will work hard and stop worrying about him and looking at his will make him break his own words.

Jungsu and him had an agreement, Heechul will continue working and living his life while Jungsu will finally agree to undergo treatments. Watching his angel lost his consciousness as pool of blood from his nose is enough for him to do everything just to make Jungsu better, even if that includes being away from for quite a while. And seeing Jungsu there is not part of that agreement, he was supposed to be in the hospital, resting.

“Can you make time for me?” He was surprised when Jungsu ran into him and wrapped his arms around him; he felt the coldness that his body was emitting.

“How long have you been waiting here?” He asked with a hint of worry all over it.

“A bit.” 

“You should’ve called.”

“I don’t want to disturb you.”

“But-“

“No.” he pleaded as Heechul tried to break from his angel’s hug. “Just let me do this for a little longer. I want to feel the joy of being near you again. I want to feel the happiness that your hug once brought me. I want to feel your arms around me again. I want to feel safe; I want to feel your love again.”


“Jungsu-“

“Please.” He heard him sob. “Even just for now Heechul. Please be with me.”

Heechul didn’t know what happened next, the only thing that he was sure of was his heart again won the battle with his mind. He left his office, leaving all his commitments behind for that day to do something that his heart’s been telling him to do in the last few weeks, to be with the man that he loves, his angel.

“You should learn how to eat healthy foods you know. You’re working almost twenty four hours a day, you need more nutrition in your body. You can’t just always eat fast foods.” Jungsu scolded him as the other put different kinds of vegetables in his plate. The sun had already set then and the pair already raided almost every place they could in Seoul so they finally decided to go to a small restaurant around the corner.

Once they’re done eating, teasing the hell out of each other and exchanging some stolen glances, they just decided to just stare at each other’s eyes. It was as if that they were both scared that the other will leave if they let each other leave their sight. They both know that every moment that they spent together was just part of a dream, a dream that can reach its end any moment.

Heechul grabbed Jungsu’s hand and held it tightly and if he’ll be allowed to, he will never ever let go of that hand but he knew that he can’t, he couldn’t.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

“Why?”

“I know that you’re busy now and you’re needed back in your office. Your father will definitely scold you again. You even turned off your phone.” Jungsu tried to take his hand back but Heechul just held on it more tightly.

“Let’s just not talk about that now okay?” Heechul held his hands closer to him. “Let’s just savor every moment that we are together. Moments that I’ve been waiting to spend with you and kill me inside every time I think of the weeks and days that I wasted not being with you.” He reached for his angel’s face and caressed his cheek. “I’m sorry but from now on, I will spend every single second with you. I don’t care about our agreement anymore.”

Tears fell down from Jungsu’s eyes. He was smiling but certain sadness can be seen in his eyes and that made Heechul’s heart break. He wanted to ask him why but he didn’t, he just let himself be contented on holding his hand and watching his angel’s tears.

“Heechul.” He sobbed. “What if I left?”

“Eeh?”

“What if I left you again? Can you handle it?” 

He wasn’t sure what his angel was talking about but he just shook his head for an answer.

“I cant live without you anymore. You know that. Especially after this day, I realized that being away from you is slowly killing me. I feel like my heart is being torn into pieces with every second that I wasn’t with you.”

“Heechul.”

Heechul claimed his angel’s soft lips to keep him from talking.

“This is your entire fault. If you didn’t seduce me with your smile before then you wouldn’t have to get rid of me. You made me fall in love with you so deal with it. So if you still have any plans of leaving me again, forget about it because I will never ever let you go again.”

Jungsu smiled as he looked at the gorgeous man in front of him with brighter eyes. “You can be really annoying sometimes, do you know that?

Heechul then just smiled at him. Yes, he can be the most annoying person ever walked on the planet but he couldn’t care less. The only impotant thing to him was that he was with his angel and they were both happy.

“Let’s go.” Jungsu said as he pulled the other. “Let’s go outside. I want to see the moon.”

Heechul just let his angel drag him outside, even though he had no idea what is going on inside his head.  

“Pretty.”

“I know. Just like you.”

Heechul just shot him with a questioning look. “So you’re implying that I look like the moon?”

Jungsu just smiled at how his companion reacted. This guy never really fails to amuse him.

“You were the one who said that.”

“I hate you.” The other spat and tried to walk away from him but he just grabbed his arm and secured him in a tight hug.

“It’s a compliment you know?”

“I know.” 

They just remained like that, both staring at beautiful night sky, wrapped in each other’s arms. Both of them didn’t have any plans to let go, not until they felt something cold falling from the sky.

“First snow fall.” Jungsy uttered.

“Are you cold?” Heechul asked as he tightened the hug.

Jungsu just shook his head. “Have you heard of the myth about the first snow fall?”

“hmmm?”

“They say that if you’re with the person you love during the first snow fall, you will be bound together until eternity.”

“Really?”

“That’s what I heard.”

“If that’s the case then….” Heechul let out a deep sigh and looked at his angel. He stared at his beautiful face, as if he’s memorizing every pore in his skin. He also gave him a quick yet so sweet kiss on his lips before he knelt in front of him. “My one and only angel, are you willing to see every first snow fall with me?”

“Heechul-“

“It’s not a marriage proposal yet. I know I still don’t have anything to offer you except from my love and my eternal good looks.” They both chuckled. “But I want to make sure that we will be together till eternity, just like what the myth says. I want us to be together for the rest of our lives.”

Tears fell down from Jungsu’s eyes as he guided Heechul to stand up. He also gave him a quick peck on his lips and hugged him tight

“So is that a yes?” He asked when his angel finally let go of him

“No.”

Heechul felt like his world just crushed into tiny pieces because of what he heard. He felt like his heart just stopped working as that one single word started tearing it to tiny pieces while he was watching how tears fell from his angel’s eyes.

“I cant watch the next snow falls with you in the future Heechul.” Jungsu then slowly started walking. “I’m, sorry.”

He just watched the other as he slowly disappear from his sight, like the darkness of that night was eating his angel away.

He wanted to be mad at him but he couldn’t do anything.  He didn’t even notice that there were already tears in his eyes. He wiped them away and shock flooded his system as he saw his angel lying on the cold, snow covered ground and because of that, he finally realized what his angel was talking about.

I should have known.

He quickly ran towards him and lifted his angel’s unconscious body.  

“Jungsu, hold on okay. Just listen to my voice and hold on.” He lifted him body and ran towards his car. “Hold on. I love you.”

 

*******

HI
sorry again for not updating for quite a long time
school is really killing me and my emotional whirlwind is just getting worse ;__;
I'll probably post the next(last) chapter after a week or smth, depending on my sched coz finals week is coming and I havent done any studying yet ;__;

anyways...I hope you enjoyed reading this one :)