COLD

Mortal Guardian

It was blue.

 

Clear and glistening under the sunlight like gems. Changhyun was so awed that he didn't realize that he stopped breathing. That light blue eyes were like a spell, especially with jonghyun's deep black hair grazing against the eyelids.

 

A perfect contrast.                       

Changjo who was still drowsy stared blankly at changhun, smiling subtly. In his eyes it felt like he was looking at a smiling angel, gleaming beautifully under the shower of sunlight. He swore that it was a dream. A childlike lad was staring into his soul with such deep and sad eyes, jonghyun saw right pass ricky's smile.

 

But soon realizing that it was reality, jonghyun snapped his head away probably knowing the fact that his eyes were blue again.

 

Immediately looking outside the window, the boy breathe in slowly, somewhat absorbing the sunlight into his face. After a few seconds he turned away from the window, picked up his bag and shoved ricky forward so that he could escape from the tight space. Ricky who was still locking his eyes on jonghyun noticed something. Changjo looked different.

His eyes were no longer sapphire blue. Instead it was dark brown the color hazel.

 

Puzzled by what he saw, changhyun wasn't even upset by the fact that he was pushed away so coldly like a small puppy. Instead he just stared the back of changjo who was dashing out of the class. Finally realizing that he was holding his breath the boy took a deep breath and scratched his head. He wanted to chase the taller lad but then the sharp pain came slapping across his back, the bruise got even worse when changjo roughly pushed his chair forward. Gritting his teeth, the boy wipes his cold sweat and hurried to the cafe.

 

There he changed his clothes and wore the uniform for the cafe. Ricky made sure that he was the only one inside of the room before changing but somehow he didn't see changjo who was passed out on the changing room couch. Whimpering each time the fabric grazes over his swollen blue skin, changhyun almost shed some tears. The pain was indeed agonizing. Wearing a piece of shirt was so hard that the moment he finished changing, the red headed lad walked out of the room breathing heavily.

 

And changjo who was supposed to be sleeping saw everything and heard every frail gasp changhyun made. His gaze slowly turned grey as guilt was slowly creeping in, he knew that he had made the wound worst th moment he roughly shoved ricky's chair. He looked to the side and a faint smirk painted over his face the moment he saw his training bag. Scrambling his hand inside the bag, the boy smiled even wider as he held up something in his hands.

 

Earnestly taking orders, changhyun didn't seem to be in any type of pain. But the cold sweats on his forehead were an obvious sign the boy was enduring great suffering. But the petite lad noticed how jonghyun kept stealing peeks at him and would stare the moment ricky turned his back from the counter. Disturbed, changhyun glared at the dark haired boy raising his eyebrows sky high. The dark haired immediately looked away and pretended that he was busy.

 

Sneering, Changhyun walked away from the counter and went to the empty table. Picking up the mugs and glasses, he quietly smiled as he sees the tips left behind. Just when he was about to them into his pockets, the dollar dropped to the floor. Kneeling one the floor, he picked up the dollar when a customer came and bumped his leg on ricky’s left shoulder.

 

A painful wave resonated through his body as his back pulsed. Gritting his teeth, he tried to stand but indeed the wound was significant enough to stop him from doing so. Sweats ran down his jaws as his eyes redden from the pain when suddenly a gentle arm held ricky by the waist, slowly standing the aching boy up. Faintly whimpering, Ricky was too preoccupied enduring the pain that he didn’t even bother looking at the person helping him.

 

He was dreading that moment when he reaches home and chunji would smell the busting veins within the flesh of his back. A riddle whether the angel would heal it or make it even worse.

 

When he finally was able to stand properly, still looking down inhaling all the air as he could to ease the pain, a hand passed him a pack of herbal patch/pas. It was the first time, that someone else would give him medication so after a few solid seconds of blankly blinking at it, his lips started to curl up. Just when he looked up to thank the helping hand, all he could see was a person’s back. A pair of shoulders silently heading to the counter.

 

But this time that back view didn’t seem cold at all. It actually looked warm.

Choi jonghyun’s back looked gentle.

 

Amazed by that view, all changhyun could do was smile out of disbelief. Still, it was a genuine, pure smile that was too seldom for him. His eyes squinted as he turned the pack box around, seeing the description and the fact that it was specifically for bruises and swollen skin made him even more astonished.

 

Their first greeting had started from a box of herbal patch instead of exchanging glances and words or smiles.

Still it was probably warmer that the ones changhyun had faked because this time, he didn’t have to paint a mask over his face. Just quietly accepting that little gift from changjo and mentally thanking him. And even if he does, fake a smile. He had a feeling that jonghyun could see right through it. And he could also feel changjo’s eyes that were secret stealing a peek at his smile, probably smiling along.

 

 

Still somewhat happy with jonghyun’s gift, ricky had totally forgotten the angel back home. Opening the door rather blatantly, the boy headed straight to his room and laid carefully on his king size bed. Fatigue had worn him over that the moment he laid down, he fell into a deep sleep.

 

Not realizing chunji who was leaning against the door, staring silently at the sleeping child. His small built, that not-so 17 year old face still stained with some blue and that frown when the boy flinches. Every part of ricky made chunji’s heart ache. His gaze was basically between aggravation and guilt.

 

“he’s so thin…. Byungie-yah, what should I do”

“Every single cell in those flesh reminds me of you. So it hurts”

 

Getting closer to the brown haired boy, chunji swiftly picked up the blanket and covered changhyun in it. A painful smile carved perfectly on that glistening face as chanhee moved closer and placed his forehead on ricky’s. Breathing heavily, a drop of diamond like tears fell on the younger lad’s eyelid as chunji held in his sobs. He could feel the throbbing pain within his chest the moment their skin met. Then the blonde haired lad moved his head slightly higher and planted a long and gentle kiss on ricky’s forehead, a miracle only changhyun could experience.

It was his of magic for the one person who stayed by his side.

 

And changhyun felt it even in his sleep, as he dreams a perfect bright day with three most important people in his life. His angels who took him when he was in the darkest pit and raised him into what he knows is perfection. Chunji’s bright funny laugh, his own face smiling along and….

Lee Byung Hun’s dummy grin. A smile that disappeared into the spring’s breeze.

 


hello! so this is err the 3rd chap. huhu this is something i kinda whipped up in my mind a few nights back. ugh idk how im doing and well i really hope i do well. but seems like im still worried that i would mess it up ;^;

wuuu, im not writing like i used to. *sobs* but i really hope you guys like it and its kinda different right the otps. haha i always imagined a motherly love between chunrick, idk how i can turn this in passionate love hahaahaahahaaha no. T^T

still hoping that this is going to work out, i would be seriuosly thankful if you leave your opinion on this, haha i need it T^T