DEAF

Mortal Guardian

“I’m going out to buy some food, wanna follow?” The latter slipped into his sweater and carefully placed his favorite cap on backwards, gently pulling at the thick shreds hair pulled back inside it. “No, but can you buy these for me?” while making a face the taller gently tugged on the yellow colored note,please?”

 

 

“Yeah. Sure,” he turned away, hiding the hints of annoyance on his expression because he knew that it was not for him, not at all. But before he could make a move, Changhyun had pulled him back into a backhug, tight and rather sad. “Hey… remember what I said last night?” the taller exhaled deeply as he trembled at the feeling on Changhyun pulling him closer each time he flinched, gluing their body together. “I remember. I always do”

“Good.”

 

 

Changjo’s little smirk was a blissful one, Changhyun was earnestly putting efforts into gaining his trust and it made him happy. Greatly.

 

 

 

 

 

The trickling blood on his skin was clear as day, running down his ankle and staining his jeans. The road was a blur and the sun was blinding, he was exhausted and injured. Chunji had struggled to breathe as he ignored the throbbing, bloody slit on his right thigh. His timid steps finally brought him home as he sighed, relieved to see the mansion that had looked so protective. But then a familiar back, greeted his return, a figure of someone he did not welcome. Gritting his teeth, the skin around his chin went taut and rather twitchy as his jaws clamped hard as a hiss escaped his lips. “Half-blood…”

 

 

The sound of plastic bags rummaging and crashing onto the ground rang painfully into his sharp senses as the angel stood straight, flaunting his strong platinum wings under the blinding sunlight.

 

 

“Chunji… “The young, dark haired boy clamped his fist tightly and stiffened his stance as he boldly looked into the angel’s blazing eyes. Making sure that he looked just as beastly in his blue, inhuman eyes. “Did Ricky bring you here? Into the house?”

 

 

The angel tried raising his tone, but due to his critical fatigue, all that came out were only his broken voice.  “How dare you… stepping into our home with your filthy feet. L..leave this place alone.. lleave Llicky alone.”

“Leave u…. annghh.. “

 

 

A silent shriek came out Chunji’s gapped mouth, as the vein on his neck bulged through his skin. “Ark..kkha wwha…t are… ungh.. agh” his fingers instinctively crawled up to his stomach, tracing the other half of the blade that was outside his skin as the rest sunk into his body, stabbing him deep with pain. Blood drizzled down more and more, accumulating into his grasp and dripping down the road, “a..aah.” his breath got heavier and his head spun with the excruciation.

 

 

It was a chanted blade, silver and stinging hot on his skin. He could feel his own ruptured veins draining his blood away and each desperate flinch felt like an overwhelming jolt of agony all around his body. His sight stolen by the pain, but he could still see a shadow lingering in front of him. Black, eerie with something that had looked like tails, quite a few of them on its back and the blue haunting eyes that were demanding him for fear.

Chunji was not scared, he never had fear, but at that moment, the way that the apparition moved closer to him made his nerves tremble. And the silent, sanguine growl made his breath hitch. It was as if he was about to die.

 

 

“Byung… hun… hyunnie…. Lic.. I .. can’t.. go … yet”

Everything was spurring away, blur and darker. Worst that everything was about to go white, and white would mean the end.

An end that was too soon.

 

 

 

 

The bright red stains on his fingers were haunting, it was crawling into his mind like a plague of guilt and it shook Changjo inside out. He could hear the angel’s draining breath and every corner of his eyes were filled with crimson, but it was his wish. He wanted to get rid of Chunji, that angel was in every single obstacle and him gone would mean an easier path to Changhyun.

He was convinced that Chunji was murdering the boy he loved with guilt.

 

 

 

But then, instantaneously, the lump in his chest grew to a size where there was no more air for him to breathe. Like it was him that had been stabbed, it was agonizing to see such beauty writhing away. Then when he looked back, between the silences, he could see Changhyun stumbling and running and crying closer to where they were. His eyelids were heavy and all that was audible was his rough, unsteady breath. The smaller shoved him away and the boy stumbled over his bare feet, gracing the floor with the silence deafening his conscience.

 

 

He blinked and blinked at the sight of the boy he loved, trembling beside a person, an enemy he tried to kill. Then the way the latter carefully brought the angel’s onto his lap and started screaming, his ears finally had sensed something.

“HYUUUUUNGGGG…!”

 

 

Tears dangled off the rims of his eyes and the air stopped coming into his lungs the moment his eyes met with Changhyun. The boy he tried to protect suddenly looked so broken, so injured.

 

 

What have you done, Choi Jong Hyun? Wha…what have….”

 

 

He stood up as those words rang repeatedly in his head, so loud and painful. Then, before he knew, he started running and his pace was unearthly.  He was gone.

 

 

 

 

 

It was like Ljoe all over again, blood seeping into the fibers of his clothes and staining his hands, the way the angel had writhe ever so subtly within his grasp and all the things beside him so dead silent was making the boy insane. He wanted to shake Chunji awake, but he knew doing so would only bring matters worse, so he sat there with the angel on his lap and sobbing uncontrollably.

 

 

“Hyung… wake up.. Oh god, please no”

“Please.. wake up… just please don’t leave me. Not again..”