run away

Black Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jennie’s house
Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Friday 23rd October

Thunder crackled in the distance as the strong winds welcomed another storm blowing out the silk curtains that were partly concealed away from behind the wall of the bedroom he was inhabited in. The sound of thunder in the distance ringing out was accompanied by lighting, sudden burst of light flickered across his face. Taemin gazed out into the dark abyss, to the stars above as he wondered about his mother’s condition.

When Taemin had first met Key, the male insisted that his adoptive son called him mother and even though Taemin never understood why he accepted his wishes. It wasn’t until recently did Key make Taemin aware he classified as gender fluid.

If his father was happy then so was Taemin.

Jennie's balcony door was ajar behind him, feeling the thin fabric of silk blow out into twilight dancing with its shadow. A small whimper left Jennie’s lips as the thunder grew in strength, slightly turning his head to take a quick glance she was still in slumber.

Running his slender digits through his black tousled hair styling it back he sighed watching the thunder ring out again. Yet Taemin stood still, topless, his skinny jeans clinging to his figure as he pondered.

The raven-haired girl who previously had been asleep sat up in her bed, clinging the bedsheet to her frame listening to the patter of rain that begun to fall outside. A sight to behold in her eyes, Taemin with his faint abs on display for only her viewing pleasure. How lucky.

“Come back to bed.” She asked sweetly, feeling chills run down her .

Taemin only sighed, stepping back inside the bedroom and tracing the droplets of water with his finger as they fell down the window. “I’m just thinking.”

“But it’s cold without you here, and I never asked how long you were staying for?”

Taemin shrugged as he turned towards her voice, to be honest he hadn’t really thought much about it, he just needed a distraction.

That was all she was…

Why he was attracted to Jennie was beyond him, but it wasn’t the attraction she was hoping for. There were no sparks between them. Well at least no sparks for Taemin. Falling in love with a human was a no, no.

He only required one thing from the girl.

The only source of light within the room was the lighting from the storm and Taemin enjoyed the darkness yet Jennie kept insisting that there be more lighting.

“Not sure yet. Maybe until Monday.” He coldly replied.

Sitting on the edge of her bed, it shifted with his weight as he gazed down at his hands, fiddling with the silver ring on his finger. “Come in, the sheets are cold without you.” he scoffed.

‘It won’t make a difference we have different body temperatures.’ He thought.

“Why are your eyes so black?”

“I’m just hungry, ignore them.”

“But I could have sworn they were red earlier… ugh, my head.”

The room fell silent. “I can cook you something to eat. I’m a decent cook. I can make you anything you want. My parents always make sure the fridge it stocked up with food.”

Taemin shook his head, did he really have an aura that deceived people that bad? This girl was something else.

“Not that type of hungry.” Jennie frowned confused with his answer wrapping her comforter round her body crafting a make-shift dress. Crawling across the queen-sized bed to rest her chin on the vampire’s shoulder.

“Then what do you mean?” He turned his head to face her, they exchanged looks.

“Here, lay down. I’ll show you…”

 

 

Two days later
Jennie’s house
Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Sunday 25th October

*Soft moans*

Bringing his head up from the crispy, white sheets he sighed with satisfaction and contentment. Tearing his baby pink brims away from the pulsating neck he grunted, touching the wetness along his lips.

Jennie moaned with delight as his fangs pulled out from her flesh. Both a heaping pile of mess, sweaty and sticky.

“More…” The dancer breathed, hand outstretched begging for him to come closer once again.

“No.”

The girl’s bedroom was filled with rich odors of rose, tulips and lavender, the morning light seeped through the thin fabric that danced with the morning breeze, it whistled against the window. over her neck wound to mop up any remaining blood Taemin softly pinched his wrist to create a small slit. Blood oozed out as he forced it to Jennie’s lips for her to drink.

“Drink.”

Glancing over at her once, she shook her head at his open wound pulling away viciously. Taking the girl’s chin between his index and thumb turned her head to look at him. Feeding Jennie a little amount of blood would heal her wounds.

“Please, do it for me?” He brushed his thumb over her lips. A softer approach...

“Okay, but only because you’re so cute!” She giggles excited taking Taemin’s wound into and at it gently.

“Look at me, Jennie.” Golden hues like morning rays of sunshine gazed deeply into her warm brown eyes— she remained silent as he spoke to her in a low but seductive voice.

“Forget what happened this past weekend, I was never here. You ended up being sick the entire weekend and decided to stay in your room to sleep.” Jennie nodded, laying her head down on her pillow and drifting to sleep.

Lucky for him to bring his contacts, why had he been so stupid?

Jumping out the bed letting his hues scan the environment for his garments, quickly getting himself dressed and grabbing his cell he jumped out the window not giving the human another look.

 

 

Black Forest
Seoul
Sunday 25th October

He had not heard anything— not even a phone call.

Taemin was restless as he entered familiar territory, the white cottage sat peacefully. Everything looked in place as if nothing ever happened, but he knew that was not the case with how silent the surroundings were, something was wrong.

‘Is he hurting?’ The thought always crossed his mind.

Knocking on his father’s office door it creaked open. “Father?” Onew dashed up from his desk running towards the door, practically gliding along the floor to greet his son. “Nothing?” Jinki shook his head sadly. Blinking, Taemin peered over to see Kibum at peace on the metal slab just as before. Did it hurt?

Taemin couldn’t quite comprehend what pain felt like, until he witnessed it.

Onew sighed with defeat, dragging his feet to re-claim his seat beside his husband. What did pain feel like? Taemin pictured Jinki plunging his hand into his chest, to rip out his heart and devour it, in front of his sinful eyes. Yes, it must hurt to watch the one you love wilt away before you.

“You left it too late.” Taemin snarled.

“Son...”

“The only human in my life I could tolerate. You know how the eternal bond works! Why did you leave it until after all these years to turn him? Why do you even need me? You had Key for centuries. Why adopt me? Huh?! You had Sohee! Sungyeol! Myungsoo!”

Onew could hear the betrayal in his son’s voice, laced with fury and venom— he was lost for words.

“Because we wanted a son… Me and Key, and let’s be real we can’t physically have a child. When I found you it was pure luck, you were in a helpless situation. Taemin, you needed me. I needed you. I still need you. I need both of you. You both make me feel human, alive.”

“I have two fathers who aren’t even biologically related to me. Therefore, the reason why I don’t get close to humans! Fragile things, their bodies wilt away while we remain immortal, never aging. What is life but death pending!”

Taemin slammed his hand down against the metal desk, the medical equipment shook with the impact.

Jinki turned to inspect the sleeping beauty who laid soundless.

“Father look at him! You let mother consume your blood for far too long. You knew the risks; he may never turn.”

Black oculars elevated to meet the familiar visage of his son, teary.

“It was foolish of me to want a normal life for Kibum even when he was drinking my blood to stay young. I should have turned him the night I declared my love for him.”

Taemin removed his hand from the metal desk, sighing after seeing his fist embossed into the steel.

“You lied to me for so long! Had me believe he was a vampire like us. But I could sense something was off. When your blood wore off, I could smell his blood. I could smell he was human and then I finally realized why Bangtan was hunting us down, because you broke a law.”

“Taemin...”

“What else have you lied to me about?”

Onew flinched, he had never seen Taemin so angry. Guilt suddenly taking over as he avoided eye contact with his son. True to his words, Onew had been hiding many secrets, some of them that were not his to share. Lying to family is such a sinful act to commit.

“I don’t think you should be here for now. I don’t want you in danger.”

“Danger? I can take care of myself… Always have.”

“I know you can... but that is not what’s worrying me, with your state of mind— I don’t want you doing something foolish.”

Does it hurt? To argue with the one person, you could trust and rely on? Yes, it did hurt. Taemin could feel remnants of pain like they were sour pieces of memories. Dragging his heavy feet towards the entity laying across the metal slab, he reached for the ghostly hand giving it a tight squeeze.

“Mother…” Dropping his head sadly, a heavy heart.

“I rent an apartment in Seoul; you will live there temporarily.”

Taemin shook his head lazily, fighting the tears that threatened to fall.

“Whatever...” Running out the room before Onew could even blink, a gust of wind was replaced with where Taemin once stood.

“I’m sorry, son.”

 

 

Times Square Mall
Seoul
Sunday 25th October

Torture— this was complete torture.

Taemin never understood why Jinki had to lie to him, and he could not begin to understand the relationship between a vampire and human.

Or maybe he did… once.

Once upon a time he too was in Key’s shoes, in love with a vampire, but that was a story for another time. Taemin felt old, so old, yet so young at the same time. Forever— a mature mind trapped inside a young body was enough torture to last

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter