midnight

Black Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



*Wolves Howling*

Thunder howled in the distance as the strong winds welcomed the rolling crackle of the storm. It’s roar echoed throughout the dancing trees that brushed against one another. There is a quiet place on the outskirts of Seoul, for those who wish to seek freedom, to seek comfort— away from the ‘human’ eye, a place that can only be found by those who believe, and for those who fight for what they believe in. As the light lukewarm rain tumbles towards the dirt trail below, light footsteps can be heard coming deep from within the cursed forest. A shadow lurks in the darkness, watching over anyone who dares to enter, knowing once you pass the boundaries you won’t come out— alive. A sudden gust of wind washes over the trees as the rain thickens.

*Trees howling*

“H-hello? Is anyone there?”

A small whimper escapes passed rosy petals, chapped from the cold, hugging her physique tightly, the girl frantically searches her surroundings for an opening, an escape— the noises of the forest sends a cold chill down her spine and she starts to panic.

‘Lost and scared.’
The dark figure lurks, keeping to the shadows, perched on top of a near-by tree—- watching down on her. Pearly white teeth bite down on plump brims before curving into a wicked smile. Any second now... all he had to do was wait.

“Hello?! Someone, please! I need help.”

She pauses as she sobs, struggling to calm her frantic breathing to shout-out another plea for help. *Snap!* Twirling round, she loses her footing and stumbles into the thick, slushy mud. The tall, dark figure now standing before her, steps into the moonlight. Fangs, sharp as dangers, white as snow. Red hair that flowed like fire, porcelain skin as a doll and his eyes, black as coal burning right into her soul. She screamed, as the tears start running down her cheeks, cherry red from the cold weather— those salty tears. The dark figure crouches, long slender digits reach out, scooping the fresh tears that had rolled down the poor girl’s face, a smile creeping onto the devil’s face.

“Mhm, a good attempt. But I don’t think anyone is coming, as they simply can’t hear you.”

“No! Leave me alone!”

Yelling at the top of her lungs she scrambles to her feet before darting off deeper into the thickness of the forest. Sighing with satisfaction the dark figure walks forward.

“I do love the thrill of a chase.”

His deep, smoothing voice spoke once again, standing directly behind the female. The girl turned round as fast as her limbs allowed her, crying harder, she begged one last time.

“Please. What do you want from me? I'll give you anything to leave me alone, please, just don't kill me.”

Snaking his arm round to tenderly caress her cheek, wiping away the tears. Relaxing, slightly, only for the girl tense up at how cold the stranger’s hands were. Why was it always the good-looking ones that turned out to be the serial killers? She never understood, but she always believed that the bad guys were irresistible. Maybe, she shouldn’t keep pursuing her fantasies as they might kill her— literally.

“Hmmm, you smell— so good! And there is one thing I want more than anything right now, the beautiful crimson fluid that runs through your veins."

A gasp exhaled from the female as she tried to flee, but the arm tightened around her waist pulling her backwards into the shadows, the oxygen getting knocked out her lungs before her corpse dropped with a thud to the ground. Dead.

“Uhm! So sweet.”

Using his thumb to wipe the corner of his mouth from the excess blood, his tongue running along his lips, wetting them. Soft chirping of birds, and on the not so bright side the rain had stopped. Morning sunshine made her greetings causing the young male to hiss at the bright rays of sunlight seeping through the cracks of the vegetation. The figure grumbled adjusting to the morning light, letting his head drop to examine the mess he had made. Even after all these years he still managed to make a mess like a child, but he did have a goofy childness side to him. Reaching out his hand to block out the rays of sunlight smiles softly, it had been seven years since he was last in Korea, five years since he had set foot in Seoul. He had his reasons for his absence though he was sure his father never approved of his sudden disappearances.

His train of thought suddenly interrupted by a soft, familiar voice.

“LEE TAEMIN!”

Well— maybe it was more of a yell coming from the north, from his home. Taemin glanced down at his hands, fingers twirling the silver ring on his middle and index finger.

“Uh-oh. Do I ever get time to myself? It’s always Taemin this. Taemin that.”

Taemin murmured irritated.

Blinking. The tickle of fresh blood travelling down his throat brightened his features, the purple-blue bruises under his eyes finally lifting up his brightened face, letting the lids of his eyes flutter shut- he inhaled the wet smell of moss. Re-opening, golden oculars like rays of sun stared up into the cloudy sky. Soaking up the risen sunshine, he sighed with happiness. Running his tongue along those sharp fangs, once, twice and they were gone, human teeth now in their place.

“LEE TAEMIN, NOW!”

Taemin groaned loudly, punching the tree only to make it crack. Taemin's eyes widened, scratching the back of his neck, sheepishly turning round and running off towards the direction of the voice. Miles of travel was gone within a blink of an eye, snap of his fingers.

“Oh great.”

Coming into view was the hidden waterfall, the water trickled down the soft stream, it sat beside a white painted stone cottage. Following the well-maintained stone path right up towards the house made out of stone, two figures came into view. The young adult sighed, halting as he approached the two older adults standing in the threshold, slowly looking up to meet the gaze of his father, he smiled weakly.

“Hey. What’s cracking?”

Taemin asked in a friendly tone.
Shaking his head, Taemin’s father opened his mouth.

“What’s cracking? Lee Taemin you are bound to this house. How many times must I tell you? You do not leave this premise.”

“Uh, Onew, sweetheart— I don’t think we should be keeping him like a prisoner. He’s a big boy, I’m sure he won’t do anything reckless, right son?” He saw his ‘mother’ wink towards him.

Taemin agreed with a single nod. Onew sighed, throwing his arms in the air with defeat, he couldn’t argue with the love of his life and he certainly couldn’t argue with his son. His ONLY son.

“Look, I’m proud of you. I couldn’t be any prouder of the man you’ve turned into under the circumstances. I know this life ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter