(1/4) The boss

Wrong Present

“Baek, have you seen our new department chief? He’s totally your type.”

 

Baekhyun’s dainty fingers stopped dancing on top of the keyboard. She turned her head slowly at her best friend, Luhan, who had just opened a new Word document due to Kim Junmyeon’s deathly stare. The red haired woman only shrugged her shoulder, got back to her typing before Luhan poked her arm. “Hey, were you even listening to me?”

 

“Ssh, you ruined my concentration. Let’s just not talk about that particular hottie at this moment because seriously Luhan you pissed me off.” Baekhyun hissed under her breath that made Luhan held her hands above her head in surrender.

 

“Okay, okay. Go to your .”

 

“Later.”

 

When their shift finally ended, Luhan hurriedly grabbed Baekhyun’s left arm without giving her friend a chance to tidy up her belongings, as if she would lose Baekhyun anytime soon. Despite slapping her friend’s hand away from her, Baekhyun let that blonde do whatever she wanted to do. It wasn’t that Baekhyun couldn’t protest her; she was just tired of arguing over the same thing with the blonde girl every single day. That was tiresome and useless.

 

“Baek, still remember what I told you earlier?” Luhan reminded her again but Baekhyun barely caught Luhan’s meaning. She was exhausted as hell, her mind couldn’t think about anything beside her bed. She could hear Luhan growled next to her ear that, fortunately, was covered with a pair of red earmuffs.

 

“Oh gosh, why are you so slow?” Baekhyun almost rolled her eyes; that was a rhetorical question. “I’m talking about a hottie who really matches your style.”

 

“Such as?” She tried to hold the yawn and Luhan scoffed at her manner.

 

“Well, he’s kind of tall, good built, handsome face, and cute ears. Oh my God, you should see those pointy ears. I’m sure you’ll grow a for them.” The blonde girl wiggled her eyebrows and Baekhyun was about to throw up due to her cheesiness, murmuring a “you’re a creep” under her breath. Luhan guided her to the front door of the usual cafe; they could see the tall, handsome waiter smiling down at their arrival.

 

“Uhm, you mean—Sehun?” Baekhyun remarked while staring at Sehun, earning her a pinch in the cheek from her best friend.

 

“Not him, you fool. It’s the Park Chanyeol.”

 

Baekhyun thought about that name again—oh, wasn’t he some hottie that Luhan told him about earlier at the office? Baekhyun shook her head; she really needed a cup of Americano before Luhan pinched her again for being too slow for her liking.

 

 

She was still waiting at the coffee machine on the next day when Luhan nudged her side and pointed at a certain tall man who was talking to Kim Junmyeon. “That’s Park Chanyeol, the man of your dreams. He is the new head of the department, in case you couldn’t remember what I said earlier.” She followed Luhan’s stare right when that man was also looking at her general direction. The first thing that came to her mind was to spin her body that made her almost accidentally kissed Luhan. The latter unconsciously slapped Baekhyun’s face with the document she was holding until the girl’s face was all red. Her fellows, who had been witnessing the scene, nearly choked a laugh if it wasn’t for Baekhyun glaring at them.

 

She only could hope that the department chief didn’t know that the incident happened right before his eyes.

 

“Byun, Mr. Park is asking for you.” What she didn’t expect was Kim Junmyeon suddenly appearing beside her cubicle pointing to the door that led to the Chief’s office. Luhan mouthed a ‘good luck’ as Baekhyun kicked her shin, trying to walk as calm as usual to the new head of the department.

 

“Come in.”

 

The first reaction when Baekhyun heard Mr. Park’s voice was beyond imagination. She was never the one who could easily be impressed by someone’s voice. Baekhyun picked the first impression from others’ physical appearance. That was why most of her boyfriend had always been good-looking, tall, and—not to mention—model-like. She had never fallen for any typical businessmen due to their fatty, round bellies. Surely this Mr. Park was an exception but still—Baekhyun’s type were not businessmen.

 

But that voice—why does that voice cause some serious effect on Baekhyun’s stomach?

 

She gained her composure while pushing the door open. She made herself slowly approach the Chief’s desk until she met the gorgeous businessman she had ever seen in her lifetime. Baekhyun didn’t even realize that she was still holding her breath when Mr. Park brought his head up to meet Baekhyun’s gaze.

 

Oh God, Baekhyun squealed inwardly. Luhan, kill me now!

 

If she were dead at that time, surely the angels had sent him straight to Heaven. It was not just a good looking, model-like appearance that Baekhyun found in Mr. Park. It was his intense gaze that drew Baekhyun’s attention like a moth to a flame. The red-haired girl couldn’t get her eyes off of the man even after he cleared his throat awkwardly. When Mr. Park finally called her name, Baekhyun jolted from her spot as if she had just gotten an electric shock.

 

“Miss Byun, were you even listening to me?” Baekhyun gulped visibly as her stomach started making those weird somersaults again as she heard Mr. Park speak. She nodded a bit frantically, blushing as the man furrowed his thick brows even more. Not with that fierce gaze again, Mr. Park, I beg you, she said to herself as she tried to hold her sanity. Luhan was right; this hottie was such a catch.

 

“I’m sorry for what I have done earlier, sir. I assure you that it won’t happen again next time.” She hurriedly bent forward, gesturing her apology for something she wasn’t sure she had done. Baekhyun peeked a little as she heard sniffling sound coming from the Chief’s direction. He covered his mouth peculiarly as if he was hiding a laugh. Baekhyun froze before bringing her head down again in a flustered manner. He might be thinking that she’s embarrassing, Baekhyun regretted herself.

 

Her train of thought was finally cut by Mr. Park’s statement. “Okay, I trust you, Miss Byun. But I’m afraid that’s not the real reason of why I was asking you to come to my office earlier.” She couldn’t hide her blush (bloody hell, how many times was she going to blush today?!) when she saw that Mr. Park was already leaning forwards on purpose. “Do you, at least, want to know the real reason?” She batted her eyelashes without thinking—her initial reaction every time she sensed some guys flirting with her—and she swore she heard Mr. Park’s breathe hitched at this manner.

 

“Y-yes, I want to know, Mr. Park.”

 

After, Mr. Park mysteriously curled his lips a little as he straightened his position, didn’t directly give the answer to Baekhyun’s remark until he saw Baekhyun bite her thin lips in a cute manner. “Have dinner with me tonight.” Mr. Park told her in a stern voice, not long before he shooed Baekhyun to go back to her cubicle like he had never asked his employee to have a dinner with him.

 

She was doomed.

 


P.S : Hello there ^^ Finally I post this chapter for Natasha because she wants to read this >< /big hug for my sweet baby/ hahaha. Pardon for the grammar errors (yeah, this hasn't been done beta-ed) but I hope you like this chapter :> Edited later!

P.S.S : Edited and betaed by nikka <3