Cafe II

One-Shot, Two-Shot

Tiffany has never been this happy and grateful for getting the café’s infamous limited edition planner. Her smile never left her face since yesterday and her friends could only guess that she finally saw Taeyeon in the café. They decided to grab a lunch at the restaurant just across the café and interrogate the girl to give them details on what exactly happened yesterday – why she looks like the happiest girl in the world.

 

“So, did you finally see her?” Sunny started as the waiter left them after getting their orders.

 

Tiffany widely smiled at her friends, eyes curving into crescents as she happily nodded her head, squealing ‘Yes!’ while clasping both her hands. Her friends were about to but seeing the spark in her eyes and how happy she is, they exchanged knowing looks before warmly smiling at her.

 

They had never seen her that happy since they met her on their freshman year of college and thought that this Taeyeon girl must be really special – mentally noting to meet her and see if they can really trust their friend to her.

 

“Well, obviously there’s more to just seeing her in the café. Details, Hwang!”

“Uhuh! And don’t you dare miss a single thing!”

 

Sooyoung and Sunny, who are sitting across Tiffany and Yuri, leaned forward to listen to the obviously lovestruck girl while Yuri scooted even closer beside her. Normally, she would be annoyed by this kind of antics but she couldn’t care less as she started to tell them what exactly happened yesterday at the café.

 

Flashback

 

She couldn’t believe her eyes as she stared at the same exact letter she gave Taeyeon years ago. It was the love letter that she wrote with all her heart back in high school although she wouldn’t tell that exactly to the girl across her.

 

“H-How… w-why…” she stuttered as she was totally toung-tied while hesitantly reaching for the letter from Taeyeon’s hand.

 

Her heart was frantically beating against her chest and she wished she could just run away from the girl across her to hide her embarrassment. She mentally cursed herself for being so tensed and awkward with Taeyeon, who was very amused by her actions, resulting to the other girl to think it was a great idea to tell and show her that she kept the letter

 

Tiffany’s face is flushed red and Taeyeon couldn’t grin any wider at the cute, embarrassed girl across her.

 

A soft giggle escaped Taeyeon’s lips before deciding to stop teasing the blushing girl – who couldn’tlift her head up as she felt even more embarrassed while reading the letter.

 

“Do you have a paper?” she asked after a few moments of silently observing the flushed girl who is still staring at the letter with wide eyes.

 

“H-Huh?... Oh! Y-yeah… I mean, no…. well, h-here!” Tiffany stammers, finally lifting her head up and clumsily pushed the magenta planner towards Taeyeon.

 

Again, she mentally cursed herself for being a terribly clumsy girl in front of her crush but stopped when she noticed that the girl started writing something on a particular page on her planner.

 

She watched as the girl wears a soft smile on her face while busy scribbling on the planner – writing on it like it was her own journal, Tiffany thought.

 

It took Taeyeon several minutes to finish what she was writing but Tiffany didn’t mind it at all for she had more than enough time to stare at her, smiling to herself and thanking God for letting her see and even talk to her high school crush again after so many years of nothing from her.

 

“I’d better be going. Got a meeting in twenty. It’s nice to see you again, Tiffany.” she smiled, standing up from her seat as she took one last sip from her Frappuccino while giving the planner back to it’s rightful owner.

 

“O-oh! Okay… It was n-nice seeing you again, too! Bye, Tae… Taeyeon!” Tiffany awkwardly waved her hand and smiled at the giggling girl, mentally asking herself until when she’s planning to embarrass herself in front of the girl.

 

Few moments have passed and Taeyeon was still standing there, smiling at her and she couldn’t help but blush. Timidly, she asked why she was still there and got very confused with the other girl’s answer, causing her to cutely frown, which again, amusing Taeyeon.

 

“My letter.”

“Huh?”

“My letter. That’s my letter, isn’t it?”

 

Tiffany, finally realizing what she meant, quickly gave her back the letter and mumbled ‘sorry’ as her face began flushing red again. She has never been embarrassed in her entire life and today was definitely the day that she’ll consider the very first and most embarrassing moment of her life, not to mention that it happens in front of her high school crush.

 

When Taeyeon finally left after giving her the dorkiest smile ever, she banged her head on the table but regretted it immediately as she groaned in pain. She heaved a deep sigh and sat up properly. Her eyes landed on the magenta planner, and eyed it suspiciously as her brows furrowed with interest.

 

Taeyeon didn’t say or do anything after writing something on the planner and she was very curious to know whatever was written on it.

 

“Maybe her phone number….?” she mumbled, flipping through the pages to find that particular page.

 

Though she knows it’s something more, she doesn’t have any idea what Taeyeon had possibly written on her planner, thus hoping it was something good.

 

Spotting the only page that has a handwritten note, she stopped and gasped as she realized it was actually a letter.

 

Dear Tiffany,

 

How long has it been…? Eight years, right? ^_^ I have a lot to say~~

 

Do you know that I adore you? I adore you with all my heart! I’d love to thank you for the letter you gave me back in high school. I have cherised it and read it everyday. Thank you so much for your kind words and for lifting my spirit up with your letter.

 

You said I always make you smile but I would love to say that it was you, your touching letter that makes me smile and feel like I am someone special in this world.

 

As time passed by, I started to wish and hope that we could see each other again so that I can personally thank you…. because you just suddenly ran away after giving me the letter without letting me talk!! +_+

 

But, today, seeing you all tensed up and awkward with me… I guess writing you a letter instead will be better.

 

Tiffany, today must be the first time we have spent time together. You said I didn’t know you back then but you are wrong! How could I not know someone very precious and has a pretty eye smile? ^_^

 

Please forgive me for letting you think that I do not know you. I hope we can be friends… let’s get to know each other from now on! ^_^

 

  • Kim Taeyeon ^^

 

End of Flashback

 

Tiffany paused, blushing madly as her friends snatched her planner from her and read Taeyeon’s letter out loud with wide grins across their faces. She’s used to their teasings but this time, it’s a different story because it involves her long time crush which her friends call, her ‘first love’.

 

Another round of teasings and scoldings happened when she answered ‘No’ to Sunny’s question ‘Did you get her number?’, defending herself by saying she was totally overwhelmed by their sudden meet up and her mind was in a mess yesterday.

 

She sulked in her seat as her three friends continued telling her that she has lost her chance and talked about why Taeyeon didn’t wrote her number along with her letter.

 

Tiffany also wondered why and thought that the girl was just probably being nice and polite with her. ‘But she said she wants us to be friends...’, she thought as she recalls how cute Taeyeon was when she was busy writing the letter for her. ‘If she was just really being civil with me, she wouldn’t have taken the time and effort to write me a letter, would she?’