Cafe I

One-Shot, Two-Shot

It was back in high school when she first gave Taeyeon a letter – a love letter, to be exact. She can clearly remember the adorable, cute, and baffled yet amused expression from the baby-faced Student Council President upon receiving it, and the endless teasings she got from her friends after that. It was their last year and thinking she wouldn’t be able to see her girl crush again after high school, she thought it was better to tell Taeyeon how much she inspired her, thanking her for being such a great role model, and subtly confessing her little crush on the said girl.

 

“Wipe that creepy smile off your face, Tiff.”

 

She blinked and turned her attention back to her best friend sitting across her, Yuri, who’s looking at her with one eyebrow raised in amusement. Involuntarily, she pouted before glancing back at the familiar girl who is patiently waiting for her to-go coffee while absentmindedly tapping her fingers on the counter – totally oblivious of the intense stare she’s getting from Tiffany since she enterred the cafe.

 

‘You’ve become prettier, Taeyeon-ah.’ She thought, smiling gently as she continued staring at the girl who’s now talking animatedly to a guy that Tiffany didn’t notice at first. Her brows furrowed as she thought she had seen the guy before and wondered if he’s Taeyeon’s boyfriend.

 

A sigh escaped her lips and decided to just bring her full attention back to her best friend. However, just as she was about to take her eyes off her high school girl crush, her breath hitched when Taeyeon turned her head and looked into her direction. She froze for a second as their eyes met and she was sure that Taeyeon gave her a smile – a cute yet warm smile that she hadn’t seen since they graduated from high school.

 


 

“So Fany, what are you now? A self-confessed coffee addict?”

“Uh-uh. A stalker in disguise is more like it.”

“Or a lovesick high school girl.”

 

Sooyoung, Yuri, and Sunny high-fived each other as they chortled, having fun in teasing their now sulking friend. They are inside the same café where Tiffany and Yuri saw Taeyeon last week. Since that day, Tiffany never fails to visit the café and even drags either one of her friends to see the baby-faced girl again in the pretense of collecting stickers to get the café’s limited edition planner.

 

Unfortunately, it has been a week but she hasn’t seen Taeyeon yet again.

 


 

Tiffany sighed, placing her newly acquired planner from the café on the table, and glanced on the café’s door. Her friends already told her to just give up and stop going to the café just for a mere chance on seeing Taeyeon but she defended that today’s the day she’s going to get her last sticker to claim the planner.

 

Looking at the magenta-colored limited edition planner, she chuckled at herself as she never thought or even imagined herself getting this particular planner that most people are fond of. She couldn’t understand why people were crazy about getting such planner every year whilst she can just buy or even make one for herself – which is cheaper yet more stylish, she thought.

 

“What’s so special about this planner?” she mumbled as she decided to open the planner. Inside, there are discount coupons, stickers, cute bookmarks, and a leather card case. She wondered if she’ll even use it and thought she’ll just give it to Yuri who still needs a few more stickers before she could get her own planner.

 

Setting the planner back on the table, she then decided to take a sip of her Gingerbread Latte. A satisfied sigh escaped her lips. If there’s one thing, aside from having a chance on seeing Taeyeon, that she likes in that café it would be that particular drink.

 

“Excuse me, is someone sitting here?”

 

She almost choked on her latte upon hearing the sweet and angelic voice that she hadn’t heard for years. Glancing up to confirm that her senses weren’t tricking her, her breath caught up to her chest as she was greeted by Taeyeon’s infamous dorky grin that shows off her cute chin dimple.

 

Suddenly missing her voice, Tiffany eagerly shook her head as she unconsciously bit the straw of her latte. She watched as Taeyeon let out a soft giggle before sitting across her, placing her Frappuccino and sandwich on the table.

 

Her mind seems to work very slowly at the moment as she just keep staring at the girl across her, oblivious that the other girl was staring back at her with an amused expression on her face.

 

Eight years. It has already been that long since they graduated from high school and when she gave her a letter. It has already been that long since she last saw her up close and she wondered if she’s just dreaming or imagining things.

 

Kim Taeyeon, the only girl that she had the longest crush on, the true and only reason why she always go to the café since last week – and never missed a day, and the reason why she ended up having the café’s limited edition planner, is smiling warmly at her.

 

Her eyes widen as her musings stops upon realizing that Taeyeon is really smiling at her. She quickly looked away, trying to hide her flushed face, and silently cursed herself for looking like an idiot in front of the girl that she admires the most.

 

“I’m guessing you finally remembered me, Tiffany?”

 

She instantly looked back at her, eyes wide as she heard her name. It is the very first time she heard Taeyeon say her name and it sounds delicate to her ears.

 

“Or maybe not…”

 

Tiffany bit her lower lip as she fought the urge of squealing at the cute sight of the pouting girl across her. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her rapidly beating heart down, and composed herself as she brightly smiled at her.

 

“I haven't forgotten you, Taeyeon-ah.”