Dear Rosaline

Dear Rosaline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Rosaline,

I just finished reading Romeo and Juliet and to me, you're the character that stood out the most. Everyone's attention was on the two star-crossed lovers, but I paid close attention to your character the most. I know you're only a fictional character from one of the greatest love stories of all time and writing to you does not make sense, but you're the only one that I could relate to. Rosaline, Romeo was all yours before he met Juliet. You're the only one he saw and loved. He followed you everywhere and never failed to think about you every day. You got him under your power, but you just let him go. You were even the reason why he met Juliet! Romeo was following you around, hoping to meet you and then he saw Juliet. He fell in love with her the moment he laid his eyes on her and completely forgot about you. You were Romeo's first love Rosaline, not Juliet. So, did you ever regret losing Romeo to your cousin? Did it hurt that you were just replaced and forgotten by Romeo? Why did Shakespeare choose to develop your character like this, Rosaline? Why?

I decided to write to you because I feel like I'm in the same situation as you. I was also replaced and forgotten. He was my first love, Rosaline. I loved him so much and I'm sure he definitely loved me back. I didn't expect his love for me would unexpectedly end though. It even got to the point of me being replaced by another girl. Were you hurt when you found out Romeo replaced you, Rosaline? Because I'm hurting right now. My Romeo found someone else. He forgot about me. I was replaced.

His name is Oh Sehun, Rosaline and he was my Romeo.

I was a junior in high school when I first met Oh Sehun. He was the new guy in town, so he went to the same school as me. The kids at school surprisingly knew things about him, even though he was new. They said Sehun was a part of a gang and was the best when it comes to fights. They also said that he got transferred to our school because he almost killed a fellow classmate in some ramble that his gang was a part of. I just ignored what everyone said about him. I didn't want to believe all of the rumors about Sehun without meeting him personally.

It was during lunch time, when everyone headed down to the cafeteria, excited to see what the cafeteria ladies have in store for them to eat. I chose to remain in class since I had to finish a forgotten homework from the night before. I was peacefully working on a really complicated math problem while listening to music when somebody snatched my headphones and pulled them out of my ear from behind.

"What the hell?!" I said and turned around to see the person's face.

Oh Sehun.

"Can I borrow this? Thanks!" He obnoxiously said, without even giving me time to respond. He put the headphones on his ears and sat on his desk at the very back of the classroom.

I took a deep breath. It would be childish of me to start a fight with a guy like him, so I calmly stood up from my seat and walked up to him.

"I want my headphones back." I told him.

He was obviously being an because he just ignored me and continued on with what he was doing like nothing happened. I know that he didn't hear me since there were headphones on his ears, but I was standing right in front of him. He definitely knew I was talking to him.

"Ya. Give me back my headphones." I ordered him.

He didn't even spare me a glance or anything and just continued to ignore me.

I was slowly losing my patience, so this time I did what he did to me earlier. I pulled one of the headphones out of his ear and said, "Give it to me."

"Someone's a little selfish." He finally said and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Those are not yours, they're mine. And you didn't even ask me properly if you can borrow them."

"Yes, I did." He replied.

"Where on Earth do they consider what you did proper?" I asked him, slowly getting aggravated.

"Ya, did I say I was going to take your headphones? I'm just borrowing it, god damn it!" He said and stood up from his seat harshly, which scared me. Sehun looked at me straight in the eye.

"I... I don't care. I... would've lent it to you if only you asked for it nicely." I stuttered. I knew I was stuttering since I was all alone with a dangerous person like him. The look in his eyes scared me the most. I wasn't the judgmental type, but Sehun really scared me.

"Here." Sehun said and threw my headphones on the floor.

"Ya!" I screamed and looked at him. "Pick it up."

"What if I don't?" Sehun asked me.

"Do everyone in this school a favor and go back to where you came from." I wasn't a rude person either. After saying what I just said to Sehun, I was already being pricked by my conscience.

Sehun just smirked. "I don't think I can do that. I just did everyone a favor back there when I left. I'm not that nice." Sehun told me in a teasing manner.

"Aren't you proud?" I sarcastically asked.

Sehun got really pissed and grabbed my collar, which caught me off guard. He couldn't possibly hit a girl, can he? "Listen, you little . You do not mess with me. Don't you hear the rumors going around? Didn't you hear that I almost killed someone? Huh?!" He yelled at me.

"Oh Sehun, let go of me." I cried.

"I asked you a question."

"Yes." I replied. "But I didn't believe them though." I grabbed his hands that were slowly tightening the grip on my collar to loosen it up a bit.

"Why? Do I look easy to you?"

"No. And why should I believe it? I don't even know you."

Sehun finally released me. I thought he would say something to me again, but he didn't. He was just frozen on his spot.

I just picked up my disregarded headphones on the floor and went back to my seat, admitting defeat. I knew Sehun left the classroom when I heard the sliding door made a loud sound when it closed. I took a deep breath and just continued working on my homework.

Once school ended, I stayed after school for an extra hour for a club. I always stay after school, either for a club or a study session with a teacher for extra help. After our club meeting, I finally headed home. It was already dark out when I came out from school since it was mid-autumn and the daylight hours are shortened. When I was walking to my house, I passed by a dark alley and saw three guys running towards me. I thought they were going to do something to me, but they just passed by. I did recognize one of them though.

Oh Sehun.

"Oh Sehun! I'm going to kill you!" One of the two guys who were chasing Sehun threatened.

I hated being a bystander, so without any other thought, I ran to catch up with the three people who were running for their lives. Luckily, I was a fast runner. I was a member of the track team and have won a bunch of medals for being first place. I was closing up to them when they finally stopped running when they caught Sehun.

"You little piece of ." One of the guys said and kneed Sehun in the stomach.

Sehun groaned. All the blood that I missed earlier when he passed by me, were now visible.

The other guy, who hasn't gotten to do anything to Sehun, kicked his knee. Sehun was now kneeling in front of his two chasers. "This !" He threw a punch on Sehun's face, which made him cough blood. "Why the did you punch our boss?! Are you out of your ing mind? HUH?!" He yelled at him.

"Cause he's a ing head like the two of you." Sehun provoked the two guys.

One of the two guys kicked Sehun on the stomach which caused him to fall on the ground.

I looked around the place they led me to, but saw no one. I realized were at a dead end, where no one was around. I fished my phone out of my pocket, so I can call someone, but there was also no signal.

"You're going to die tonight, Oh Sehun." One of the guys said and grabbed a long wood piece that he saw on the ground. He lifted it up to try and hit Sehun on his head. Sehun was still struggling from the last blow he received, so he didn't know what was going on.

"Oh Sehun." I said softly. I wanted to help him, but didn't find the courage to. I tried to move forward, but stopped when I kicked a bottle from the ground, which made a noise.

The two guys heard the noise and searched where it came from. When they saw me, I took a few steps back, but ran when they started chasing me. Good. I diverted their attention to myself. I was a fast runner, I can lose them easily. That would give Sehun time to leave.

I was running for my life. I was scared, but it's actually quite thrilling. If only I was wearing my track suit, I could've run a little faster. But, the entire thrill ended and all that was left was fear when the two guys caught me.

"Look who we have here."

"Hey~" I said in a tune, which aggravated them even more.

"This ." One of them said. "Are you teasing us?"

"Sorry! I'm a very friendly person. Can't help it." I replied, trying to ease up the tension.

"Friendly? So, is Oh Sehun your friend?"

"No! He's rude! Why should I be friends with him?" I asked, trying to buy more time, for the injured Sehun.

"Then, are you his girlfriend?"

"As if!" I remarked.

I guess the two of them found me irritating and finally gave up with all the questioning and just dragged back to where they were about to kill Sehun.

"Pretty girl, you shouldn't be out so late. That's why you met us."

"Aww~ thanks for the compliment." I cheerfully replied.

"Does Oh Sehun even know you? Why did you follow him?" The guy asked me.

"Why?! Cause you jerks were bullying him!" I pretended to not know how serious the situation was.

The both of them just laughed. "Bully?!"

We finally reached the place where we left Sehun. I was expecting him to have escaped, but instead, I just saw him laying down using his two hands as a pillow, stargazing!

"Ya, Oh Sehun!!!" I angrily said when I saw him.

Sehun looked at me and smiled. "You guys are back?"

His question totally left me totally flabbergasted. "What are you doing?!" I asked.

"Stargazing. Wanna join?" He replied.

I just scoffed. I regretted everything that I did for the past few minutes for that jerk. Sehun was a total psychopath. I could not believe I was risking my life for him. I looked at the two guys whose hands were on my arms and said, "Can I go now? Please. I still have a long future ahead of me. Please let me go. Don't kill me." I begged.

"Little girl, you should've never got into this in the first place."

"We can't let you go either. You might tell on us."

"I promise. My mouth will be shut. Swear!" I proclaimed.

"Too late."

"I can't even say goodbye to my love ones?" I cried. "I miss my cat!!!" I wailed.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Sehun stood up and grab the wood piece from earlier and went behind the two guys.

I tried to grab the two guys' attention more and wailed louder about nonsensical stuff.

Sehun finally hits the two of them on their backs and both of them fell on the hard ground. Sehun grabbed my hand and dragged me with him as we run back to safety.

"Is that really how you're going to act when those kind of people kidnap you?" Sehun asked me while we were running.

"I was buying time for you to escape, jerk! And who stargazes in the middle of a heated fight?" I asked him back.

"What? The stars were pretty like you back there." Sehun told me.

Yep. Oh Sehun was a total psychopath.

Once Sehun and I were back to safety, I tried to walk ahead from him wanting to forget everything that happened for the past few minutes.

"Where are you going?" Sehun asked me.

"Home, you psycho!"

"Psycho?"

"Yes! Psycho! Why?!"

"See you at school then, cry-baby." Sehun said.

"Shut up!"

I realized that I was still walking with Sehun. It was creepy, but at least I knew someone who's walking with me in the dark. After that event earlier, the thought of staying after school terrified me. I guess I won't be staying after school for a very long time, or should I say the rest of my high school career.

I was almost at my house, but noticed that Sehun was still following me, so I finally decided to confront him.

"Why are you following me?" I asked him.

"I think you're the one following me." He said and went ahead of me. He fished something out of his pocket, which ended up being keys.

"I'm following you?" I asked.

He turned to the gate that I was standing next to and opened it.

"I just moved here. Where do you live?" Sehun leaned his arms on the top of the gate and asked me.

This street seemed very familiar. Of course it was, since my house was just right around the corner. That only meant one thing. Oh Sehun was my neighbor.

I ignored his question and just walked towards my house. When I heard a gate open, I looked behind.

"Now you can say I'm following you, 'cause I am." Sehun said and gave me a smile, which I found really weird.

I just let him be. When we reached my house, I walked inside leaving him alone.

"Ya, Yoon Jang Mi."

I turned around when I heard his voice call my name. "What?"

"Give me your heaphones." Sehun ordered.

"My headphones? Why?" I asked.

He looked away. "Where did you get it? I'll get you a new one." He said.

I was surprised. "Why?"

"I was going to replace it since... you know what, forget it." Sehun said and walked to the direction of his house.

I just smiled. I experienced a lot of new things that day because of a psychopath named, Oh Sehun.

When I was walking to school the next morning, I plugged my headphones on my iPod, so I won't get bored while walking alone. When I clicked play, I realized that one of the headphones was not working. Then, the obnoxious Oh Sehun came to mind. When I also saw his house, memories from last night all came back to me.

I reached the school and I went to my locker first before going to class. I had P.E. first thing in the morning that day, so I went to grab my sportswear uniform first. When I opened my locker, I saw the same exact headphones I have. The only difference was that the one in my locker was new.

"Oh?" I reacted and grabbed the new headphones from my locker. "Who's is this?" I asked no one.

"What you got there, Jang Mi-ya?" My friend Shi Yeon asked.

"I don't know. Headphones, apparently."

"Ya! Did Oh Sehun give you that?" Shi Yeon asked.

"Oh Sehun? How did you know?"

"I saw him buy it last night at the store when I was shopping with my mom." Shi Yeon said. "Am I missing something? What's going on? Are you dating Oh Sehun?"

"Dating?! What do you mean? I don't even know him that well." I defended myself.

"Denial, denial." Shi Yeon said in a tune. "Then, why did he give you that? How come it was in your locker? Then that only means he also knows your locker combination. Only couples do that. Wait! Then that means, you guys are a couple already! Where have I been?" Shi Yeon said like she was some detective from a movie.

"Sherlock, calm yourself." I told Shi Yeon.

"Go talk to him! Now!" She ordered.

After changing into my sportswear for gym, I went back to the classroom with Shi Yeon. She didn't stop bothering me about Sehun, so I decided to talk to him after gym to get it over with. Besides, if he did give me the headphones, thanking him was the right thing to do.

P.E. started and the whole class went to the gym. My eyes, though I could've sworn it wasn't on purpose, would always land on Sehun's visage. When I do look at Sehun, his eyes were always fixated on me so we both end up looking at each other. This happened a few more times for the whole class period and it was seriously getting awkward.

After gym, the guys and the girls went to their respective locker rooms to change, except me and Sehun, who I asked to stay with me inside the gym to talk.

"Ya, Oh Sehun."

"What?"

"Is this from you?" I asked and showed him the headphones that I took out of my pocket.

Sehun looked at it, and then looked back at me. "Who else would give you those?"

"Well... thanks. You didn't really have to buy-"

"Yoon Jang Mi." Sehun interrupted me.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to court you from now on." Sehun declared.

"Wh.. What?"

"I like you, Yoon Jang Mi." Sehun confessed.

"But we... we just met."

"I know, but I already like you. I tend to be really straightforward with everything. If I want something, I'll make sure to get it no matter what. I don't procrastinate either, so yeah. I'm courting you."

My mind was completely blown away with what Sehun said. "But..."

Sehun just smiled. "Courting, Jang Mi-ya. Courting. You can decline if you want. I'm not telling you to be my girlfriend at the moment."

"How? Why? When?" I had no idea what to ask.

"All my life, I've been judged by a lot of people because of rumors. Everyone believed , so I didn't have time to explain. But, you came along acting differently from everybody else. And you were pretty amazing last night. Just my ideal type, so blame yourself because a bastard like me fell for you."

"Oh Sehun, don't say that." I told him.

"And you're really pretty, Yoon Jang Mi. Like a fresh rose." Sehun shyly said, avoiding my eyes. "Your name really fits you. Jang Mi, rose in English."

I smiled from the compliment he gave me. "Thank you, but how can you just fall for someone like that?"

"That's what I'm saying." Sehun commented.

"You're really a psycho, Oh Sehun." I gave him a smile.

"You two! What are you still doing here?!" Our gym teacher, Coach Lee Eunhyuk, yelled across the gym and ran after us.

Sehun and I both looked at each other and ran away from our gym teacher, scared of being held back and lectured. Like a scene from those typical chick flick movies, Sehun naturally held my hand again while we were running.

"This is like last night all over again." Sehun looked at me and said.

"Yup." I replied and smiled at Sehun. I noticed that I'm always running when I'm with Sehun.

Oh Sehun was really serious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter