-14

This Forced Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

---Third Pov;---

 

 Your hands clasped in contact with your bag, you were walking down the street a few blocks away from the school. You were doing your normal routine before you've gone to visit your orphanage. The shop's bell rang as your figure stepped inside as you get a basket and begin to roam around each aisle. You stopped infront of the  differents brands of sweets as you let your eyes examined each one of them.

 

When something caught your eyes you immediately motioned your hands to get it and throw it gently on the basket with no hesitation. Watching the kids with happiness printed on their faces when you gave this simple present towards them would be so great, that's the significance though. Then your motioned your steps to the milk sections, you chose the differents flavors ; strawberry for the girls and chocolate for the boys. You smiled in satisfaction looking at the variety of foods in the basket.

 

You made your way to the cashier paying the bill and the bagger handed the plastics to you "Thank you for coming." The guard bade some goodbye and let yourself get outside of the store. You hailed a cab and plopped against the fabric and inform the driver where you are going.

 

You sighed.

 

Last night, Baekhyun didn't utter some words, because you wouldn't tell the exact location you will go today. He doesn't even acknowledge your presence when you woke up from the deep slumber and even at school. He gave you his silent treatment.

 

You couldn't blame yourself. Secret is meant to be kept, that orphanage gave you such memories and heartbreaking moments, it is where you can find your happiness whenever you were sad, eversince he was gone. Because of that accident, you couldn't find what you want in your whole life.

 

 

"Miss, we're here" The driver said, you woke up from your dilemma hearing the words from the driver's mouth, you frisk your pocket and hand the fare to the driver "Thank you" You thanked as you opened the car door, and draw plenty of plastic bags.

 

Adjusting your straps yet you were slightly struggling carrying your bags, as you gripped on the plastic. In a split second someone stole it from you, feeling appalled you looked at the culprit with wide eyes yet completely surprise seeing Baekhyun standing in front of you carrying your bags. "Next time, ask someone to accompany you whenever you decided to shop" Baekhyun smirked.

 

Your eyes were still immensed at the image of him standing infront of you unexpectedly. "What are you doing here?" You questioned.

 

Baekhyun clicked his tongue and looked at you intently "I followed you. I should be the one asking that to you, what are you doing here?" Baekhyun responsed.

 

You looked down leisurely as your hands found its way to point the gate at the side "Please read." you stated.

 

Baekhyun didn't hesitate to look at it and his eyebrows furrowed "Sung's Children Palace, w-wait your family owned this?" Baekhyun asked.

 

You nod "Sort of." Baekhyun averted his intense gaze to you "Why would you hide this from me anyway? I am your husband I have the right to know." he questioned, totally confused.

 

"Because this place means so much to me." You responsed. Hearing him claiming that he was your husband made your stomach engulfed with butterflies "I'll tell you later, but let me introduce you to my kingdom first." You stated as you opened the gate. "Kingdom? So pathetic." Baekhyun commented as he rolled his eyes. "Stop being a brat and come in." You snorted.

 

As you walked to the main door while Baekhyun was carrying the bags, his eyes wandered around the place with the beautiful flowers planted in every corner of the place that made the atmosphere more comfortable. You pressed the doorbell 3 times, after a few seconds the door was opened by Ms.Han the caretaker, she beamed when she saw you and hugged you. "Oh Hyeonri, it's been long time since you've gone here. But I'm sorry for the last time." She said as she carressed your shoulder.

 

"Why are you saying sorry, Ms. Han." You giggled.

 

"Stop being naive, I knew about the news that you were about to by some drunkards, I didn't thought of that sorry, I should have guard on your way home." She apologize again. "No, it's okay, as long as I'm safe, past is just past."

 

"You really should have accompany her." Baekhyun butted in with coldness in his voice.

 

Ms. Han diverted her attention towards the man infront of her with wide-eyes "Omo, your Byun Baekhyun, the husband of our princess." She squeeled, your mouth was agaped seeing the caretaker's reaction. Baekhyun just looked at her blankly and uttered "Don't skip the topic, did you know that Hyeonri came home late at that night and even got some severe fever."

 

You nudge him and mumbled lowly "Yah, stop being rude."

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and turned his attention to Ms. Han who is still admiring Baekhyun's figure "M-ms. Han, Can we go inside now, it's kinda cold outta here." Baekhyun complained.

 

Ms.Han seemed to be knocked off her daydreaming and immediately led the way inside, you walked in the hallway while Ms.Han was in front guiding you. "Where is the kids, Ms.Han?" You questioned, your skirt to lessened the crumpleness.

 

"They are having their story time." She responsed as you nodded.

 

You stopped infront of the blue door as Ms.Han motioned her hands to turn the doorknob. Baekhyun was at the back still carrying the bags, you peeked inside and found the children sitting while waiting for Ms.Han to narrate their story of the day. As the door creaked open the children's head suddenly jerked backwards, their eyes twinkled at the sight of you standing at the door.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter