Gym Incidents Bring People Closer

Silence Is Golden.

"Who did this to you?"

Taemin stood still, watching the other as Kris began to fuss over him, he really did seem to be a good guy. For a reason beyond Taemin's knowledge, when he was forced to stare straight at Kris, he blushed. He all of a sudden felt too hot. He quickly looked away, eyes falling down to the side whilst he shrugged. It wasn't they had give him their names or anything.

Kris sighed softly before gently pushing Taemin's head under the sink's faucet. "Keep still, I'm washing out the dirty water," He said and the tap, watching as the dirty water fell into the sink before turning it off when the water turned clear. He started to dry Taemin's hair again before pulling out a small note pad and placing it onto the sink. He ignored it for the moment.

When Kris initially began to wash his hair Taemin became wary but eventually succumbed to letting the other do as he pleased. He was still blushing. He could have rinsed his own hair... why did Kris feel he had to do it for him? He almost felt like he was being babied again... however, Taemin kept his eyes downcast as the other resumed drying his hair feeling rather torn with how to react.

As he finished drying Taemin's hair, he then picked up the notepad and took Taemin's hand, placing it into his hand. "Draw them for me, the boys who did this to you. Please," He said softly, taking the pen out of Taemin's ear and putting it into his other hand. He didn't know why, but he wanted to hurt whoever did that to this sweet boy. Kris felt his anger flare up and struggled to control himself, running a hand through his hair and taking a deep breath. He also still wanted to know why Taemin refused to speak to him, to anyone, but he wouldn't push the subject.

Draw them? Taemin blushed harder when Kris took the pen from behind his ear, though he couldn't explain why the closeness had gotten to him. Hesitantly he took the pad and began roughly sketching. In total he drew the rough faces and shapes of five boys to the best his drawing skills and memory would serve him before handing the pad back to Kris with the word "Thanks" written underneath it. 

Kris didn't know why he was doing this, he just felt like he had to do something. It just had to be this though, to which Kris had no idea why, but he didn't really question it at the moment before gently taking the notepad and scanning the people before groaning. "These boy always cause trouble, they're basically gorillas," He said before giving Taemin a small, rare smile before his face went back to being serious. "Thanks for showing me, Taemin. Come on, we have gym class together. There are gym clothes in your locker," He explained, leading the way to the boy's locker rooms.


Taemin watched as Kris looked over the drawing, at least it was good enough for them to be recognized. Also the fact that they were always causing trouble made it feel less like he was ratting them out. But now that Kris knew who had poured water over him what could he do? He knew nothing about Kris, so he knew who had decided to pick on him... now what? He sighed inwardly and followed Kris out of the toilets, it was lucky he supposed that their time tables were so similar. But like art, gym was a subject he could fully enjoy, he liked sports but he preferred dancing. 

Kris walked over to his own locker before looking at Taemin's timetable again then raising an eyebrow. "Looks like you're right here," He said, pointing to the locker right behind him before opening his and pulling out his gym clothes. He started to change, pulling off his shirt before getting the gym shirt on then doing the same with his pants, pulling his gym shorts on then placing his sneakers on. "There..." He said before stretching out his legs a bit, waiting for everyone else to finish changing, they could be very slow at times.

When they reached the lockers, Taemin pulled out the gym clothing and looked it over. He had quite a few scars on his body but it looked like the clothing would cover everything. He really didn't like the look of his scars and he didn't like the idea of being asked about them repeatedly so he preferred to keep them hidden. He changed as quickly as he could to avoid anyone seeing his scars before relaxing as he put his shoes on. However, Kris had looked over to see how Taemin was doing and noticed the scars, but he stayed silent when he saw how fast Taemin had changed. Apparently the boy didn't want his scars to be seen, so he pretended that he didn't see and stretched his arms before giving Taemin another small smile, then went out into the gym. He shook out his hands a little before going into a jog, something that was traditional during gym, everyone jogged around the gym for a minute or two until the teacher told them to stop.

Taemin followed the other into the gym and after observing everyone else on the room, came to the conclusion that he should also jog. He found the exercise quite refreshing. Taemin was fairly athletic and kept him self fit. When the teacher told them to stop, Kris stopped before walking over and standing, Taemin listening happily as well as the teacher explained that because of a shortage of supplies, they were allowed to go anything they wanted for the class.  Everyone cheered, and Kris immediately went and grabbed a basketball. He smirked at Taemin, saying "This is what I'm known for, other than being called the 'Dragon' I'm also part of the high school basketball team." He dribbled the ball before shooting from half court, giving a triumphant grin when he was able to score.

Taemin had some thoughts going through his head, but his thoughts were interrupted by Kris and the show of his basketball skills. It almost felt like the boy was trying to impress him... but if that was what he was trying to do, it worked! He smirked slightly as he watched Kris and wondered again what he would be doing for this lesson.

Kris found that he liked when he saw Taemin smile, it made him look so happy and bright that Kris could have sworn that all the air left him. He rubbed the back of his head a little sheepishly, an invisible shade of pink coming across his cheeks before he looked around. It was too bad that none of his other friends had the same class, Taemin would have liked them. All of Kris' friends were really nice, especially panda boy Tao.

Something caught his eye before he walked over to Taemin, serious again. When Kris came over to him looking serious once more Taemin began to worry that he had done something wrong.  Kris caught a kickball that had been heading for the back of Taemin's head and threw it at one of the boys who kicked it, who yelped and ran. Taemin had jumped when the other caught the ball aimed at him... he hadn't even noticed! Again he found himself wanting to thank Kris, he really was looking out for him. "Next time that happens, I'll make your game of kickball into one-sided dodgeball," Kris called out to them before sighing and shaking his head then looking to Taemin, since the boys did have other kickballs. "You okay? You didn't get hit, right?"

He blinked as he watched Kris yell after the boys, finding it rather amusing how they fled from him. He could understand the dragon reference better now, but then he just shrugged it off, Kris hadn't been a 'dragon' to him so he didn't mind too much. Taemin shook his head to say he was alright, which he was the ball hadn't touched him but something told him he'd have to watch his back better. But for now he just offered Kris a smile to ensure the other he was okay.

Kris looked over Taemin before smiling quickly when he saw Taemin's smile, nodding gently then handing him the basketball. "Here, you try shooting some hoops," He said encouragingly with a half-grin before taking another basketball and shooting, getting the ball in on a rebound. Taemin took the ball with a grin an immediately began dribbling it happily. He wasn't the best basketball player in the world but he wasn't bad at it either. He happily enough scored his first basket. Kris smiled as well and stretched a bit before something happened that no one would ever want to do again. Those kids who Kris yelled at earlier were angry, and they had done the stupidest thing ever; they threw the kickball right at Taemin but somehow hit Kris instead, slamming him in the side of the face with it.

Taemin turned back to look at Kris just in time to see him get hit, and he flinched at the impact, srunching his eyes closed. Kris' head jerked before slowly turning, picking up the kickball as he growled, it seemed like he was surrounded by a fiery aura as his anger boiled over. He threw the ball so hard at the kid, that when the guy was hit in the chest, he was actually knocked flat onto his back. Kris snorted before rubbing the side of his face, which was now red and stinging.

Taemin watched, eyes widening as Kris got angry. He felt himself backing away from him slightly as the other threw the ball back towards the person who kicked it. Again he flinched at the impact. Wow... remind him never to get on Kris' bad side! Also, it seemed like someone really wanted to hit him with a ball... but ignoring the fact that Kris angry scared him slightly, he walked over to the other, lifted a hand to his chin and turned Kris' cheek to look at the red patch on his face. He gently he touched the reddened area but concluded that the damage wasn't that bad.

Kris was still seething after being hit, but when he saw Taemin and how scared he was, his gaze softened and he closed his eyes as the boy inspected the area where he was hit. Taemin's touch was surprisingly gentle, and Kris felt himself blushing slightly before smiling apologetically at him, rubbing the back of his head as guilt at scaring Taemin washed over him. He bit the inside of his cheek a little.

"Sorry about that, Taemin... I didn't mean to scare you like that. They were aiming for you again, but the hit me instead," He explained before smiling a little. "I wouldn't want to see a mark like this on your cheek, I bet it would hurt more," Kris said before touching his cheek and wincing, it was starting to burn. There was going to be a bruise there for sure, but it would be better on him than Taemin.

Taemin gave Kris a small smile along with a one shouldered shrug to tell the other he was okay. He just hadn't been expecting the reaction from Kris, but then Taemin had to remind himself that he new very little about Kris and even about everyone else in the school. For the ball to mark the other's face, it must have been kicked hard and while he was happy that it hadn't hit him, at the same time he hadn't really wanted it to hit Kris, the boy had been nothing but nice to him. He wanted to make it better somehow but he couldn't... maybe he could run to get an ice pack or something? Try and take down the bruising as much as possible... he frowned softly whilst thinking but knew really that he couldn't help the other much at the moment.

Kris watched Taemin's face, studying how his face moved before smiling a little when he noticed how concerned Taemin was. "Hey, it's alright. I've had worse," He said with a chuckle, ruffling the boy's hair a little, surprised by how naturally soft it felt now that it was dry. Taemin blushed as his hair was ruffled, it felt nice. He smiled back at Kris feeling amazingly happy with the other. But at least it was nice to know he'd made a friend on the first day. As the bell rang, he looked up at the time before looking to Taemin's timetable. "Okay, next is Biology for you, while I have Health. Come on," He smiled before leading Taemin to his class, which was right across from the gym's locker rooms.  Taemin followed dumbly after the other after the bell rang. Who would have thought that the classes would be so close to each other? Anyhow it meant he had a shorter distance to walk. 

"I'll see you after class ends, since we have lunch together," Kris said before gently pushing Taemin into his class, then went to Health, running a hand through his hair. He didn't know why he felt so protective of Taemin, but that boy had such a sweet face and a beautiful smile and Kris wanted to keep the boy happy. However, the boy's silence was nagging at Kris, making him wonder why. Taemin nodded to Kris as they separated, feeling slightly wary about being in a class of strangers. But even though the boys who had been trying to hit him with the balls were in his class, they left him alone, though they seemed to be annoyingly close behind him throughout the duration of the class.

As Health class went faster than expected, Kris found himself thinking of Taemin, worrying over the boy as he took notes. He bit on his tongue, finding himself looking at the clock more often then he used to before running a hand through his hair. He heard some kids talking about the stuck up new student and wanted to punch them. Taemin wasn't stuck up, he was shy!

As the class finally ended, Kris left quickly to go find Taemin so that they could go to lunch. He was worried beyond hell, but didn't let it show on his face as he maneuvered through the crowd of students. He walked briskly towards Taemin's biology classroom, hoping that nothing had happened. Taemin smiled when Kris appeared next to him. It seemed he wouldn't have to go looking for the other. He gave him a small wave to say hi walking beside him. Kris smiled softly when Taemin waved to him, finding that Taemin was able to bring forth more emotions out of him than anyone else. Taemin was actually looking forward to lunch after finding out that he was rather hungry. He wanted to ask Kris if his lesson had been okay, but he couldn't which annoyed him slightly, usually he was okay with he fact he could no longer speak, but he wanted to speak to Kris... it was annoying.

Kris rubbed the back of his neck a little then gazed at Taemin for a moment before gently pulling him aside, needing to know. Taemin jumped as he was pulled away from the lunch procession almost worrying that he was going to be picked on again. Though he relax when it turned out to be Kris. Kris pulled out the notepad and gently pressed it into Taemin's hand. "Please... tell me why you don't speak. I won't force you to write, but I want to know, and I promise that I will tell no one else..." He asked softly, his expression gentle.

Taemin wasn't expecting the other to ask abut his voice though... well, he knew he'd be asked eventually but his mind had been elsewhere. He thought best how to answer the other. He opted for pointing to his throat and shaking his head to see if the other would get what he meant. Kris' eyebrows drew together as he watched Taemin's gestures, his mind working around all different answers to what Taemin was trying to tell him. "You..." He started before one thought immediately settled into his brain that made his eyes go wide. "You can't..." He started, feeling his chest clench with sudden understanding, now realizing why Taemin looked so frustrated sometimes when people talked to him.

"You... you're mute..." He said in almost a whisper, only loud enough for Taemin to hear before sighing softly. "I'm sorry I was so tough on you this morning... I didn't know. The teacher is a bit on an airhead when it comes to important information," He explained before smiling a little and ruffling Taemin's hair. "Don't worry... I won't baby you like others do. I do what I do because... well, honestly, I like seeing you happy," He admitted softly with a small blush, rubbing the back of his neck a little.


Taemin watched the other put two and two together and nodded with a small smile when he realized he was a mute. In fact he felt rather relieved that he someone knew. Taemin was relieved to hear that Kris wouldn't baby him, he honestly hated it when others did that, but he ended up blushing when the other came to the end of his sentence. They'd only known each other a day... But he felt comfortable and safe with Kris, so he smiled in thanks, hoping the blush had died down a bit.

Kris raised an eyebrow before grinning and playfully poking one of Taemin's cheeks before chuckling and shaking his head. "Come on, Tae, let's get some lunch," He said, leading the way to the cafeteria. Taemin blinked in confusion when his cheek was poked but followed after the other all the same, feeling his stomach growl. Kris tilted his head as he looked over that day's lunch specials before turning to the boy behind him and smiling. "There might be something here you might like. Just choose something that you think looks good and I'll pay," He explained while getting a slice of pizza and drizzling bbq sauce over it then getting a soda and an apple.

Taemin looked over the buzzing lunch crowd to get an idea of the room. He could easily make out different groups of friends sitting together. When Kris said he'd pay he began shaking his head in refusal but he was sure that if he'd seen it Kris had ignored it. He wouldn't let the other pay. He grabbed a sandwich and some crips before picking up a bottle of banana milk to go with it. That being done he pulled out his wallet, determined to pay for his own food. Kris tilted his head before nodding in understanding when he saw Taemin pull out his wallet. "Alright," He said with a smile before paying for himself, then walking over to his table, placing his tray down and saying hi to his friend Chen, who shared the same lunch. "You don't mind if someone new sits with us, do you Chen?" He asked, and Chen smiled and shook his head, saying that it was fine. Kris then smiled over at Taemin and waved to him, showing the boy where he sat. Chen had a gentle smile on his face before nodding then turning to see who this new student was.

"Any friend of yours is a friend of mine, Kris hyung. I know he must be a good person if you protect him like you did when he left the Art Classroom."