Park Chanyeol

Last Miracles (Christmas One-Shot Collections)

3 Days

Yes, finally I am out of this trouble. I am not going to meet that troublemaker in a month. Not after our sem break.

“Are you this scared of me?” He asks.

“Definitely.” I look away, not facing him. “Every time you got near me, everything is just not going right.”

“I’m not the problem-“
“No! You are!” I cut him off. “You ruined my piano solo performance because you kept on shouting under the stage; you ruined my study plan because you kept following me in the library and I couldn’t concentrate; you broke my arm in the badminton tournament because you hit me in purpose. You annoy me so much! My results got all drop because of you! Do you know that I can get the scholarship you are getting now? You’re doing much better than me already. That doesn’t mean you have to annoy me all the time to see my result drop and drop me off from competing with you!”

“That’s not my intension. You know that I have admired you since Senior 1.” (#A/N: Senior 1 is Year 10. They are both just finished Senior 2, which is Year 11.)

“Admire? Pfft! I don’t know what in me that you’ve admired! I’m not pretty; I’m not as smart as you; I always have bad tempers.” I scoffs. “So, just stop, Park Chanyeol.”

“3 days!” He turns me to face him and looks into my eyes. “Give me 3 days from now to be with you.”

“I will show you how much I lov- nope, like you.” At least he knows how much I hate that words coming out from his lips. “You should at least see my good points and change your mind.”

“I know that already. You’re good at everything! Study, sports, music. Especially ruining my life!”

“I want to be serious.”

“Fine. If you can’t do it?”

“I won’t bother you after Christmas. But if I do,” He holds my shoulder tightly, “Befriend me.”

 

DAY 1 - 22 December 2014 (Monday)

‘Deal!’ I starts regret why I agreed to this. Suffering in 3 days to change my life next year? I don’t know whether I would be still living after 3 days with all the injuries and embarrassments.

“Yeonseo,” I hear that familiar voice calls quietly behind me since we are in the school library now. I turn to him, show uninterested with his unknown plans, “Why do we still come to school? It’s holiday now.”

“Follow me,” he grab my wrist while I pull off. “No touchy.”

“Fine. Just follow me.” He brings me to the empty auditorium. “Come with me.” He walks to the stage, which has a black grand piano placed at the center.

“Sit here.” He pats on the bench while I sit down, completely confused. He continues while clasps his hands together, “Today, welcome to Hwang Yeonseo’s piano solo concert!”

I look at him with a doubtful face. What’s he trying to do now?

“Well, you said I had ruined your piano performance, so I am trying to pay back now.”

I roll my eyes and stand up, ready to leave, “Stupid.”

“Don’t go, Yeonseo-ah.” He holds my wrist on my right.

“Yeonseo-ssi.” I strengthen, remind him that we are not that friend to each other.

“Okay, Yeonseo-ssi,” He says, “Just one song, okay?”

“That’s even no audience here and you want me to perform a concert?” I ask back.

“I’m the audience!”

“Just one?” I try to reason that I do not want to perform, especially just only him. It may be sound romantic to others but for me, everything is just plain disgusting to do with Chanyeol.

“Wait a minute.” He says and taps on his phone, and makes a few phone calls under the stage. I sit on the bench, tapping on the G key continuously, showing my impatient.

“Okay, they are coming.” He grins ear to ear.

“Who?”

“Your audiences.” I scoff at him but a few minutes later 6 guys walk in while I recognise 2 of them in our class, Kyungsoo and Luhan. “Can you play now? Please?” He pleads.

“Fine,” I don’t know how to reject. I have no idea anymore. I see the 7 of them sit at the first row and I starts playing ‘Saint Agnes and The Burning Train’ by Sting. (#A/N: Gwangsoo’s title song. /.\) “Eyyyyyy~” They chants while I look at them. “Try another,” a guy shouts.

I sigh and look at the key. “Okay.” My fingers place on the right key and start flying along the piano. A harmonic melody fills the auditorium. Indeed, it is Yiruma’s Moonlight.

I can see the only light in the auditorium is shining on me. No other sounds but only the piano’s filling the emptiness of this moment. The of this song makes me feel like I was in my own solo performance. I close my eyes, and feel this precious moment.

A round of applauses and whistles bring me back to reality after the last notes. I look at them. Everyone stands up, clapping their hands and grinning sincerely. “Encore! Encore!” They shout but I ignore. There I finish my today’s ‘mission’ so I can leave now right?

I walk down stage and meet the others. They introduce themselves as Baekhyun, Tao, Yixing and Jongdae.

“You play really well,” Yixing praises. “I hope we can do a collaboration next year in school concert.” I smile at him and nod, “Thank you and sure, we can try doing.”

“Can you play one more for me?” Tao clings on my arm and shows his aegyo. “Pretty please? Yeonseo noona~” I am so awkward at that moment but he is just so cute that I can’t resist. Well, my main intention is to stop him from clinging again, so I agree.

I walk back to the stage and play another song from my memory, Taeyang’s Wedding Dress. Upon half of the song, I can hear Jongdae is singing along with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. I smile at them while continue to play that song in remix. (#A/N: Credit to kylelandry’s piano cover) They gasp and applause when the song come to the end.

“You’re definitely gorgeous!” Baekhyun chants, “That’s how capable your girlfriend is huh, Yeol~”

Wait, NO! “I’m not his girlfriend. Not even friend.” I retort and wave my hand at them, looking shock. “What did you tell them, you stupid?” I turn to Chanyeol.

“N-not-thing.” He stutters.

Luhan giggles, “I guess we should take our leaves.” They bid goodbye and walk away, continuously praising the music they heard just now, and leave the two of us in the auditorium.

“I see I should go too. Bye.” I carry my bag with me, ready to go but he clasps my arm once again. “What again?” I am annoyed.

“To reward that you are doing good in your concert, let’s go and have some ice-cream.” I roll my eyes at him. “Ice-cream? Hey mister! Do you know how freaking cold is it now? And you still wanna get ice-cream?”

“Yea, ice-cream with hot chocolate.” He looks at me like it is normal to eat ice-cream in 4˚C. Freaking 4˚C outside now!

We finally walk into a gelato café. Chanyeol indicates me to sit at a table while he goes to the counter to order. A few minutes later, he walks back with a tray.

“White chocolate with raspberry,” He shows the cup with pinkish white gelato in it, “Your favourite.” With another mug, he states “hot chocolate”.

“It’s warm in here. So don’t worry you would catch a cold or something.” He says while scoops a spoonful of lemon-mango gelato into his mouth. I won’t catch a cold but you will, stupid! How can you gulp down a spoonful of gelato in a second?

I sip a bit on my hot chocolate and look at Chanyeol awkwardly. To be honest, I am always mad at him. However, in this situation that I have no other feelings to him just makes me so awkward. I don’t even know what he likes so I could break the silence. Forget about everything, I just have to finish my drink and gelato, then leave awkwardness.

However, Chanyeol starts, “Before I forget,” He fishes out a A4 notebook from his backpack and hands it to me, “Here’s your reward for your amazing performance.”

“What’s that?” I show uninterested and continue eating my gelato.

“Collection of Disney’s Sheet Music.” I almost pour out all the gelato in my mouth and grab the notebook from his hand, taking a good look from it. Starting from ‘Colours of The Wind’ in Pocahontas to ‘Reflection’ in Mulan, and ‘Let It Go’ in the latest animation Frozen. I know this time I can’t hide my happiness as it has written all over my face. “Oh My God! How did you get this?”

“Secret.” He grins. I scoff at his cheesiness. Looking a bit more details of the sheet, I can see the tidy and neat handwriting instead of printing. Did he write this? The whole sheets which contain at least 40 songs?

“Thank you.” I mutter under my breath but loud enough for him to hear it.

“It’s my pleasure. Glad you love it.” He grins and takes another scoop of gelato.

I know this isn’t right, but hell, it is just a little gift and he wants me to be good to him? No, not now. I need more time to know more about him before we become friend.

 

 

DAY 2 - 23 December 2014 (Tuesday)

9.32 In the morning, I am waiting at the subway station alone. Does this boy always not so punctual? 10 seconds passes, he is 3 minutes late now.

“Sorry,” I see the boy running over, breathlessly needing for fresh air. “Sorry that I’m late.”

“It’s alright. 3 minutes and 26 seconds, I can play a song already.” I reply, not looking at him. The boy looks like he doesn’t know what’s happening and smiling like an idiot.

“What is that smile? Anything on my face?” I touch my face but nothing’s there. He holds my hands and takes them down, “Nothing, it’s just that you’re even pretty when you’re mad.”

“Yah! Park Chanyeol!” I shout. People starts looking at us and I know how embarrassing I am right now. I can’t do anything but just sigh, hoping I can out of this as soon as I can.

After calming down a bit, I shoot at him, “Where are we going?”

“Amusement park. Let’s take the subway to Jamsil.” He holds my hand again. I cough as a signal for him, but he looks back. “What’s wrong, Yeonseo? Did you catch a cold? I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have brought you to the ice-cream yesterday.”

He is the most stupid person I have ever met.

“No,” I pull of my hand from his, “And no touchy.”

“Sorry,” He smiles sheepishly and brushes his nape.

The whole ride to the amusement park is totally silence as we stands side by side near the door. He sometimes would help out the ahjumas with their bags of groceries and they will praise him with his kindness as well as his look. After 20 minutes of the ride, we finally arrive our destination. He goes to the counter and buy 2 tickets for both of us. “Let’s go and have fun.”

Before some crazy rides I have in my mind, he brings me to the shop. “We should get some cute headbands.” I look at one headband with Mickey’s ears on it, “This one.” I turn to him. He get that headband and put on his head while he takes the Minnie headband and put on mine. “I want Mickey’s.” I chant.

“I know you like Mickey,” He says, “And I wish to be someone you like.”

Oh, stop that cheesiness! I roll my eyes and we leave into the theme park. We see some ladies dressing in red and green fluffy dress which representing Christmas. A lady approaches us, “Hi, how are you? I see you two are sweet couple.” What the……

“Uhm, we are just friends.” Chanyeol tells her.

“Well, it doesn’t matter. Because we are having a Christmas Party later at the stage with performances! You’re welcome to join us.” She smiles.

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Let’s ride on that.” I point at the the Conquistador, a Spanish pirates ship on our left. “Sure.”

We are being swung back and forth on the ride and we scream our lungs out like there’s no tomorrow.

After that, we join in to the Flume Ride. We ride on boat and getting into a forest-like environment which looks like in the Jurassic. A sudden goes down of the ride make the water splashes and both of us get wet but not drench. Chanyeol takes out some tissues and pats on my face and hair to absorb the water, but I take it away from him, “It’s okay, I can do it myself.”

We continue our journey at the thrilling roller coaster rides which goes on full speed. We scream along the rides. Every time after screaming out, I feel like releasing all my stress out of my body. After every ride, Chanyeol will help me to smooth my locks and tidy up my messy hair. I would rather being embarrassing for him to do that to me.

“I’m hungry.” I look at my watches and it says it’s 1.30. “Let’s have lunch.” He brings me to a café. Aroma of coffee fills my nostril. Chanyeol orders coffees, salads, sandwiches and cakes for both of us. While I’m taking in all the yummy food, two girls approach us. “Hi, Chanyeol oppa!”

“Hi, uhm… You are?” Chanyeol looks rather clueless about who they are.

“You forget us already? I’m Bomi.” The girl clings her hands on his arm and sits down on a vacant seat beside him. The other girl sit on his another side, “I’m Namjoo. Oppa, how can you forget us?”

“Yea, right. Bomi and Namjoo.” He smiles at them. I fake cough, signalling I’m still there.

“Oh hi, Yeonseo seonbae. Sorry that we only see you now.” I can see Namjoo is throwing me hatred while Bomi only sticks her eyes on Chanyeol. I continue digging in my sandwiches. Chanyeol looks rather helpless that I can’t help but giggle.

“Chanyeol oppa, why are you together with Yeonseo seonbae?” Namjoo asks. “Is it only you two?” Bomi continues.

“We are on a date.” Yes, I know this sounds ridiculous but I just want to help that kids out of all this trouble and not letting anyone to disturb our little outing as it can end quickly. So, I lie.

“What? Chanyeol oppa, tell me that’s not true! How would you want to date her?” Bomi clings on him harder.

I remain my coolness, “Yah, Park Chanyeol, we still have places to go.” Being impatient I am, I stand up and clasp on his wrist. “Let’s go now.” He follows me, leaving the girls dumbfounded.

“Thank you,” he says while we are in front of the bumper car, lining up for the games. “No worries.” But his grin get bigger and bigger. “What is it?” I ask.

“Nothing.” He says. There’s no such thing as nothing when he is just weird. I look down at where he constantly grins and see my hand still holding his. I pull off quickly, not looking at him. At that game, he keeps on chasing after me and bumps my car while I keep shouting ‘no’ to him. He laughs every time our cars crash together.

“Next game,” I look at the map, not knowing what we should go next. Chanyeol points on the carousel but I reject, “That’s for kids!”

“No. I want to play that! Please~” He imitates Tao and shows his aegyo. I think for a while. The whole day I have been pulling him around. Isn’t it fair if I only let him go this time? “Okay.”

We get on the ride. He gets on the puppet horse behind mine. The music starts and my horse goes up and down. It has been at least 10 years for me to ride on a carousel. It is not as boring as I thought actually, like it is suitable for people in all ages. I turn my head and see Chanyeol taking up his phone, probably taking photos. “Yah! Park Pabo!” He looks at me and giggles, “You look so pretty.” He shows me the photo on his phone. I roll my eyes at him, he is going to get it after that.

“Give me your phone,” I tell him the moment we get down the ride. He blinks his eyes and pouts, “Let me keep it, please~”

Park Chanyeol! You’re getting in such a big trouble! I search in his pockets for his phone but I can’t find it. Suddenly, he pecks on my cheek and I only realise we are in a dangerous distant. I back off as my instinct tell me to do so.

“W-what’s t-that for?” I stutter.

“Because you’re cute.” He smiles. So cute and sincere. Wait! No! He’s not cute, at all. “Let’s go to the monorail.” He pulls me along.

“H-hey, no t-touchy. Remember?” I tell him but he talks back, “We are on a date. You said that.”

“I’m just helping you.”

“What if they see us now? They will be curious! So we better get closer.” He states while pulling me and put his arm over my shoulder.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol!” I hit his chest. Somehow I feel warmer than before in his embrace.

We go back around 5 in the evening. The subway is full of people as it is the time the workers get off works. We get stuck in the corner of the subway. My back is facing at the wall while Chanyeol lifts his arm onto the wall behind be as support.

The subway comes to a halt and Chanyeol falls upon me. Being so near to him, I can hear his heart pumping in a rapid rate. “Sorry,” he stands up again and looks away.

“No worries.”

Then, he sends me home. “Let’s go to a party tomorrow?”

“You know that I’m not a party person.”

“No, not that kind of party. A warm Christmas party. Just with some friends.” Not waiting for my answer, he speaks while walking away, “I will come over tomorrow at 5. See you, Yeonseo-ah.”

Park Chanyeol. Damn foolish.

 

DAY 3 - 24 December 2014 (Wednesday)

No, I’m definitely not a party person. Wearing a normal sweater and jeans, I wait for Chanyeol to pick me up.

“Hey,” He calls me out. “Wow~ Yeonseo, you look good in anything.”

“Yea, right, thanks.” I roll my eyes at his cheesy line.

We ride on a bus and go to Kyungsoo’s house. Upon arrive, I can see that people gathers around at the lively living room, most of them are our classmates and their friends, about 20 people.

“Hey, Baekhyun, Jongdae,” I greet the two who I have met days before.

“Hi, Yeonseo. Nice to see you here.” Baekhyun smiles at me and grins at Chanyeol who is standing behind me.

“Uhmmm… I go get some drinks.” Chanyeol leaves to somewhere.

“Have a seat here.” Jongdae leads me to the sofa. I look around, the living room is full of decorations and a fireplace which keeps us warm from the cold.

“Yeonseo-ah,” Jongdae calls and I turn to him, signalling him to continue, “How do you find about Chanyeol?”

“Huh?” I look at him, clueless, and blink my eyes. “What do you mean?”

“You know,” he starts, “Chanyeol likes you very much.”

“Uh…. I am not sure about that…” I look down, obviously want to skip these questions.

“Jongdae, stop it.” Baekhyun tells Jongdae. “Don’t interfere Chanyeol’s personal things.”

“I just can’t see Chanyeol to be sad every day.” He retorts, “Even though he pretends to be happy.”

I have never known how Chanyeol feels. To be honest, I have no interests in him. Except the fact that I’m a little but curious about him now.

“Yeonseo, this is for you.” He brings back a plateful of foods. I can say that most of it are my favourite food.

“Thank you.” I mumble and take it from him. I look at the food, thoughts fill my mind.

Chanyeol is rather being too caring to me all the time. Maybe I was too harsh to him.

“Chanyeol-ah, let have a little talk.” I pull him to a place where not much people will pass by. “You know today is the last day of our deal, right?”

He looks down, “Yeonseo-ah, let me explain.”

“Explain what?” He looks around. I can tell he is really nervous.

“Listen, Yeonseo, I really really want to be your friend and - ” He holds my shoulder.

“Sure, why not?” I say coolly, maintain my figure. “And no touchy.”

“Really? Yeonseo, really? We can be friend?” He grins from ear to ear while I nod.

“If you annoy me too much, I will unfriend you.”

“Eyyyy~ Life is not Facebook.” He pinches my cheeks.

“No touchy!” I shout at him.

“I don’t care.” He laughs. “Mission 1, clear.”

“What mission 1?”

“Mission 2, be my girlfriend.” He taps his jaws, “How long do you think I need to take?”

“In your dream.” I leave him.

“Yeonseo-ah. Hwang Yeonseo.” He continues to shout. I can still hear his excitement in his voice.