Oh Sehun.

Last Miracles (Christmas One-Shot Collections)

Party Night

"Hey guys! Listen up!" Joonmyeon, our class president, shouted in front of the class. 

"We have just finished our college admission exams and soon, we are going to graduate. That means we couldn’t see each other everyday like what we did." He then faked a cry and wiped his fake tear. 

"What is it, hyung?" Baekhyun asked in interest. 

"Can we just jump to the topic? It's not like we can't meet each other again." Kris said in his usual poker face, a bit annoyed. 

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Can't you just let me finish it?" Joonmyeon rolled his eyes to Kris and back to us. He then faked a cough. "So, I was planning that we could have a Christmas party!" The class cheered. "But..." 

"But?" Suzy asked. 

"But, we need a place." Joonmyeon continued. 

"What? Yah, Kim Joonmyeon! Aren't you rich? You can just give us your house for it." I couldn’t stand that snobbish rich guy. 

"Lee Yeyoung!" He stared at me. I stared at him back, mouthing 'what?'. Then, he retreated and waved his white flag. "Okay. I will ask my parents. But you guys need to help out the cleaning after the party." 

"Okay." I replied. The cleaning crew leaders of our class, Joohyun and Minho, said that they would be in charge of the cleaning and would make arrangement for us. 

"We would also have a present exchange session. So everyone please at least prepare a gift around 10000 won." Joonmyeon stated.

"How about the food?" Sooyoung asked. 

"Hmmm... We will prepare the food. Every group in 3 or 4 should prepare a food and we will have 9 to 10 different kinds of food." He showed his smile, again. But it had only affects on those junior fangirls. 

"Okay. Kyungsoo, you will cook for me, right?" Jongin asked with puppy eyes looking into Kyungsoo's eyes. 

"It's HYUNG!" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but when he looked at Jongin, "Uhhhh... O-o-okkay." Joingin grinned. 

Everyone was discussing about group with the others and food to prepare for the party. Well, everyone except the usual, 'The Four' who sat at the back of the class. The Four, include Jessica and Krystal, Luhan and the one I hated the most, Oh Sehun. They would usually sit at the back of the class, not interacting with us. I mean that we were in a class, but their always in a group only. Literally, we didn’t hate them, they had their freedom and we couldn’t stop them from doing anything. However, there was also sometimes when Jessica was quite nice to Yoona or Taeyeon or Miyoung and Krystal would talk to Sulli or Luna or even the other classmates. Luhan and Sehun would play football with the guys and sometimes would also talk to the girls in class. But Oh Sehun! I just hated him. My classmates didn’t, and it just me. I'm the only one hated him. Because I know, he hated me too. 

I should say, it all started from last year, when our class were planning to do the class magazine. So, the crew were collecting our classmates' personal informations and some comments to the others. The crew were going to filter most of the data. Then, as one of the crew, I was told to do this job. I scanned every paper that were scribbled. When I read Sehun's paper, and his comments for me. What... what did he write? Vulgar words. Okay. And it just only me who he had written something like this. We were done. I had done nothing to him, so why should he write something like this to me? I recorded the others data down, and threw it to nowhere to be find. From that day onward, I tried to avoid him. I didn’t know why I was being like this, since I wasn’t the wrong one. Well, maybe the way I laughed without any image was quite annoying, but what could I do? People supposed to laugh loudly when they were happy, right? And I hated the most, vulgar words. 

I had also noticed him from that day. He wasn’t nice to the junior as well. When some junior would confess to him in class, he wouldn’t even look at them. Ice prince! Couldn’t he just reject them nicely and stop being so rude? I knew that Krystal somehow had a crush on Sehun, but he never said that he accepted her nor rejected her. 

I turned my head and looked behind, The Four was doing their own things. Jessica and Krytal talked to each other about the latest fashion and eat out, while Luhan was head down, sleeping. Sehun saw me, and rolled his eyes. Tsk! Brat! I knew they love party, but maybe they won't join us since they could have party their own. 

"Yeyoung-ah," Joohyun shook me and I turned to her. "We will prepare cakes." 

"Sunny can bake." Yoona continued. "And she is going to teach us. How is it?" 

"Okay. Sounds good." I smiled. 

"Joonmyeon, our group will get the cakes." Yoona shouted to him. 

"Noted! Sica, how about you guys?" Joonmyeon then turned to them and asked. 

"Barbeque chicken wings." Krystal replied. So that meant they would show up. Then, the party wouldn’t be fun with Sehun. 

I tried not to look hatred. But deep in my heart, I was screaming hard that only one of us would be going. Since he decided to go, I would just leave then. 

"I know what you're thinking, Yeyoung." My best friend, Joohyun, whispered to me. "You're coming with us. Just ignore him." 

"Yea, right." I replied, sarcastically. 

 

---------- 

 

That night was a starry night. We arrived at Joonmyeon's house around 7. His mansion was big, with a pool. However, we wasn’t going to have pool party. He led us to the 3rd floor of his house. The cozy living room, already decorated with Christmas Tree with lights and presents under the tree. 

"Let's get your gift a random number. Joohyun, 25. Yeyoung, 17. And just place the food on the table." We followed his orders. "Just treat yourselves at home." He smiled as we walked to the already occupied room. It has about 10 people sitting at there, playing with an empty bottle. Some others sat around the sofa, watching a movie 

"Truth or Dare?" Kyungsoo asked when the bottle turned to Taeyeon, as Joohyun and I sat at the place Jongin and Tao gave us. 

"Dare." Taeyeon replied. 

"Blow wind into Baekhyun's ear for 10 seconds." Kyungsoo said full of excitement, and everyone laughed as Baekhyun blushed. 

When Taeyeon crawled over to Baekhyun, I only realised Sehun was there, right opposite of me, and Krystal was beside him. My mood had just gone down to nowhere to be seen. 

Taeyeon's mission ended with a round of applause and cheers. Taeyeon sat beside Baekhyun and got another "wooo~" from us. "Taeyeon, turn it." And Taeyeon turned the bottle. The bottle stopped after a few turns and pointed at.... Oh Sehun. 

"Sehun, truth or dare?" Taeyeon asked, ready to tease the boy. 

"Truth." 

"Hmmmm... Do you have someone you like here? As the feeling in relationship." Taeyeon asked again. 

Krystal blushed upon hearing the question. And Sehun, was it just me or something, I saw him looked up and stared straight at me. "Yes." He said and I saw his lips curled up a bit. Krystal blushed even more and her face was already tomato red as everyone "wooo~". 

"Who is she?" Jongin asked and looked at him and Krystal. 

"I thought I only have to answer a question." Sehun pouted. Seriously pouted. 

"You are no fun, Hun." Luhan punched on Sehun's arm, failed to tease the boy. 

"I will turn it." Sehun then turned the bottle and pointed at me. What the heck has just happened? 

"Truth or dare?" He asked. I thought for a while. Since what a devil wouldn’t be kind if I had just chosen 'dare' and would request me to do anything embarrassing, I would just choose 'truth' and lied something else if necessary. "Truth." 

"Same question. Do you have someone you like here?" He asked without hesitation. 

"No." I answered without thinking as that was the truth. 

"Seriously, Yeyoung?" Baekhyun asked, teasingly. 

"No. I am serious enough." I said and pretended a serious face with my eyes widen. After a few second, everyone laughed, except someone, I meant Sehun, of course. 

"I thought you like Jongin hyung. You stick with each other in school everyday." Sehun said, out of nowhere. I scoffed upon hearing that nonsense and looked at Jongin beside me. Well, he was one of my best friends too. "Do I?" I placed my arm around his shoulder and Jongin grinned with me. 

"Well. My turn, right?" I turned the bottle and pointed at Sooyoung. 

"Truth or dare?" 

After a few rounds of the game, the guests had all arrived. We started to dig in to the food. About 10 choices of food, from the KimChi Spagetti Kyungsoo had made to the Carrot Cake we had baked. Everything looked nice and delicious. 

"CHICKEN!" Jinki and Jongin shouted and devouring the barbeque chicken wings. Their all-time favourite. I couldn't understand why the chicken had such affection on them. 

I took some food and sat around the floor beside the sofa. "Hmm.. Kyungsoo, your pasta is sooooooo nice!" I said as Kyungsoo sat beside me. 

"Thanks. Your 'lover' like it very much." We laughed at his statement, when Jongin just sat on another side of me, confused. 

At that moment, Sehun sat on the opposite not far from me, stared at me for a while and scoffed. Krystal sat right beside him, and I found it quite irritating. 

"I don’t like spinach." Jongin pouted and  picked every single spinach into my plate with his chopsticks. I glared at him but he just looked at me with his killing smile. "I'm not Popoye either." I replied, but ate it all. 

"Okay, guys!" Joonmyeon clapped his hands. "Let start the gift exchange! Just take a piece of paper in this bowl and you will get the present of the number under the tree." He had a fish bowl with papers. He handed Miyoung, who was beside him, the bowl and she took a paper out. "20." Joonmyeon then handed her a wrapped box. "From Taeyeon." Miyoung read the tag on the box and laughed. 

"Open it." Taeyeon said while munching on her food. Miyoung opened the box, a few bottles of hand cream and lotion laying inside. "Thank you Taengoo!" Miyoung hugged Taeyeon. 

It was Kyungsoo's turn and he got present from Yuri. Then was Jongin and I. We took the paper and opened together. He got 7, a baseball cap from Suzy, while I got 3, an owl plushy from Jongin. "Wow, Kim Jong Kai, you know my favourite animal!" I was too happy to call his nickname and pinched the cute plushy. 

"I don’t know who will get my gift, honey." He said with a smirk. "But I am glad you like it." 

Then was Krystal's turn. She took a paper out. "10." She then looked at Sehun. "I got yours." I felt a combination of irritated, mad and somehow sad when I listened her conversation with the boy. Joonmyeon carried a box for Krystal and she opened it excitedly. A graphic tee written 'Love You Forever'. That got me mad even more. If Sehun not going to accept her, he should not play with her feeling. But then, he didn’t know who was going to get his gift. Sehun then took another paper from the bowl. "17." He told Joonmyeon. 

I gasped upon hearing that. It was my gift. I didn’t know what to do and if he would like my gift. "Yeyoung?" He read the tag along and looked at me, the two of us got surprised. He was surprised much more than I thought. He opened the little case on his hand. My heart was jumping faster than I could think of. "It's gonna be okay." I saw Joohyun mouthed to me. 

Sehun looked at the only content inside and looked at me again. The silver necklace and a dolphin pendant, same as I always wore. "Thank you." He still had the same surprised face. I just smiled at him. 

After the dinner and gift exchange, they decided to play another game. I needed to calm myself down a little, but what had happened just now killed my mood. I wandering around Joonmyeon's mansion, fantasied by the building. Outside was cold and I knew it, but I pushed the side door opened which leaded to the swimming pool. Cold breeze blew upon and I was only wearing a short pants and long sleeve shirt with a jacket, but I was enjoying. It made I felt cool and calm. 

I sat at the side of the pool, dipping my bare feet inside the water. It was warmer than I thought. I swirled the water and smiled to myself. The weather was not helping and I sneezed a few times. 

"I have not seen such an idiot a long time." By just hearing that voice, I knew who he was. Oh Sehun. He sat beside me and rolled up his pants to his knees, and dipped his feet into the water. "Joonmyeon hyung makes sure his pool is warm all the time in winter so that we can swim." I remained silent and looked straight in front. He too, not looking at me but to the front. 

I sneezed again, because of the cold weather. Sehun looked at me and undress his jacket, left only a long sleeve shirt, and put it around me. "You don’t need to." I tried to take it down but he hold on my shoulder firmly. "I don’t simply offer the others." He said. I would leave it there then. 

Then was followed by an awkward silent, for me. I tried to break the silent. "Why are you here?" I asked, but not looking at him. 

"Joonmyeon invited us to the party, don’t you remember?" He grinned, not looking at me too. I knew he was replying me sarcastically. 

"I mean here. Outside here." 

"Can't I come out?" I couldn’t find a word to reply him. So, I asked something else. 

"Do you.... like my... gift?" 

"Yea.. Can you wear it for me?" I was quite surprised by his request. He took out the little case from his jacket which was on my shoulder. I didn’t have a choice to reject, right? He handed me the case and I opened it, I took the necklace and unlocked it. I sat nearer to Sehun and hovered my hand over his shoulder to his neck. Looking at his jawline made me felt nervous. After locking the necklace on his neck, I backed to my position and left a bit further. We were back to silence again before he talked. "I noticed you have the same necklace and pendant." 

"No." I lied. I was not planning to tell him. 

He grinned and pulled my necklace out. "Hey!" I shouted at him. "Couple pendant?" He smirked back. 

"No!" I looked away. 

"You prepared for Jongin hyung?" He asked again. 

"No." 

"For...... Kyungsoo hyung?" 

"No." 

"For..." 

"Shut up!" I said but he smirked. It was then back to awkward silent again. 

"Krystal..." I started. "What do you think about her?" When did I care about him and her? 

"A cute friend." 

"Friend? I thought you said you liked her just now." 

"When did I said that?" 

"Truth or dare just now." 

"Oh... I just mentioned I have someone I like, but not her." I scoffed. 

"Who then?" I asked. 

"Why are you curious?" I got caught. 

"Nothing. Just the gift she received from you." 

"I don’t know who will get my gift, honey." He mimicked Jongin. 

"Don’t call me that." 

"And you let Jongin hyung did so." Did I just hear sadden in his voice? 

"You are different." 

"Yea, I know. He is your boyfriend and I am just a classmate." 

"He is just a best friend." 

"Whatever. By the way, the shirt Krystal got, it was just something I got in Joonmyeon hyung's wardrobe." I looked at him. "I forgot to buy a present. So I just grabbed something there." I giggled. "Don’t tell them." 

"I will let Joonmyeon know in one day." He grinned. 

"Then, how about Jongin hyung? What do you think about him?" 

"A cool but sometimes annoying friend." 

"Just friend?" 

"Well, maybe more than that. A brother?" 

"I thought you would say boyfriend." 

"Just best friend. This is the umpteenth time I tell you." I had no patience for him, who I hated. He smirked. 

"Let's not talk about them." I looked down. 

"So, let's talk about us?" 

"There is no 'us'…" I muttered. 

"You hate me?" He was straightforward. 

"…..." I remained silent to skip this kind of questions. 

"Yeyoung, answer me." After a few second, he sighed and looked to another side. 

"You started this at first..." I muttered, loud enough for him to hear. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Nothing. I don’t want to argue right now." 

"It's not argue. We need to settle something. Answer me, do you hate me?" 

"YES! I hate you! Very much! And you don’t ask yourself, you hate me or not?" I spitted out all my feeling in one time. 

"No. I don’t hate you." He looked at me, sincerely. I was surprised and looked at him, then looked another way. 

"I thought-" 

"I know what had happened. I once disliked you. You were always annoying in class. You laughed too much. I bashed you with vulgar words. After then, I know why you always avoided me. You didn’t laugh happily anymore." I listened to him. "But then, I know I was wrong." I didn’t know why, my eyes were wet. 

"I...." I didn’t know what to say. 

"I missed your laughter, Yeyoung." 

"I...." 

"I'm sorry, Yeyoung." Did the ice prince just apologise to me? "Forgive me?" 

I thought of something and looked around. "This wasn’t a prank, right?" 

"No. Definitely not." He smiled at me. "Forgive me, please?" 

"Uhhh... I.. " I had no idea. He looked at me with his puppy eyes. "O-o-okay." Which I couldn’t resist at all. He grinned happily and swirled the water more with his feet, he showed me his last finger. "Pinky promise?" I held his finger. "We are friend now." I didn’t believe I forgave him this easy. 

"But... our things haven't settled yet." I looked at him curiously. 

"Do you, have a crush or secret lover?" 

"What's that question?" 

"Answer me." 

"No." 

"Do you wish anything for Christmas?" 

"Good grades, graduate, get to a well uni..." I looked at my feet, tapping the water. 

"Don’t you have any other wishes?" I turned to looked at him. 

"What do you wish for Christmas?" I asked. "Not to be single in 2014?" 

"Well..." 

"I guess it right?" 

"Yes?" 

"Accept Krystal." I felt my heart arched a bit when I said that. 

"Aish..... You stupid! I wonder how can you get good grades." Sehun cursed. "I mean 'us'! Just the two of us! I like you, Lee Yeyoung! Just you!" He flushed and looked into my eyes. I was surprised. 

He didn’t hate me. He likes me. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"I want you to smile more, to be happy. I know you look strong outside but only a weak girl inside. I want to protect you." 

"Be my girlfriend." He held my hands. I gulped. I didn’t know what to do. He smiled at me, so sincere, so cute. 

I nodded, not knowingly. His smile widen and kissed on my forehead. "Our things do settle well." He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me closer, into his embrace. 

"What about Krystal?" I asked. 

"I should ask, what about Jongin hyung then?" He giggled. 

"He is just a friend." 

"She is just a friend too." 

I giggled and looked into the starry sky.

I wish, this man, Oh Sehun, will love me in 2014, and I will try my best to love him back.

"Don't get too close to Jongin hyung."

"Why? Jealous?"

"I hate how he clings his arm over your shoulder."

 

 

- 23 DEC 2013