if fate decides it

If Fate Decides It

choeun walked on the beach, although it was noon, the air was brisk and clean. she walked on the damp sand near the water edge and stared off into the sparkling distance. the wind brushed against her skin and brought along a ball. she felt the ball bump into her and bent over to pick it up.

"someone must have been playing volleybal..." she thought as she inspected the area around her to find the owner.

 a tall man, his brown bangs easily falling over his small eyes, walked over to her. "hey. thats our ball," he looked up and realized how pretty she was, the sun that day had illuminated everything it touched and made even the dullest of things radiate with light. to him, she had illuminated 100 times more than eveything else and was radiating with beauty. "hey, we need an extra player... you wanna come and join us?"

"i'm terrible at this though." she said looking shamefully at the ball.

"its alright" he smiled kindly, "ill teach you" he motioned to her to follow and she slowly and heistantly did.

the rally was going on but everytime the ball came to her she missed it and he gave out a small laugh.

"lets try to serve the ball instead." she looked at him pleadingly, "haha, dont wory. ill teach you" she bit her lip and waited for herself to fail again.

"here, like this..." he swung his arm and the ball made a perfect arch over the net, the ball came back to them, "now you try" he smiled and gave the ball to her.

her first try was a brutal fail, but after a reassuring smile and an "its okay, youll get it, just try again," she successfully hit it over the net and the other team passed it back. "here it comes! are you ready?" he yelled as the ball came towards her.

"yes! im ready!" she got in the perfect position waiting for the ball to come to her. she made the perfect hit but... she missed the ball.

"hahaha, its okay." he walked over to the girl now covering her face.he put his hand on her shoulder, "its alright. just do it like this."

"but i cant..."

"yes you can."

she sighed and hit it over the net. she decided not to get over excited because that always ended in another fail.

~~~~~~

after an exhausting game of volleyball, it was time to go home for the night. "thank you for teaching me how to play and giving me alot of patience" choeun smiled and bowed at him.

"its no problem" he waved it off, "i really enjoyed that game" his smile covered his eyes.

she blushed as she waved goodbye to the man.

thoughts ran through his head as he gathered up the courage to ask her to dinner. "wait!" she turned around at his sudden yell, "you havent eaten yet have you?" she shook her head. "would you.. like to grab something to eat?"

"s-sure" she blushed intensly and the offering.

when they arrived at the resuraunt they were seated down at a small table for two. the resuraunt was small and warm giving off a friendly feeling as the lights sofened the yellow flower print wallpaper and the tables were a light caramel brown with chairs to match.

"thank you agin for giving me dinner...i never got your name actually." choeun blushed as she smiled to the man sitting across from her.

"its sunggyu. and no problem." his smile made choeun feel warm inside.

"you guys look very good together." the waiter smiled, "im jealous."

"wer'e not..." choeun put up her hands. sunggyu tried to finish but the words couldnt escape his mouth "yeah we're not..."

the waiter apologised in embarrassment then asked for their order. "ill have the burger." ordered sunggyu. "ill have the burger too" choeun ordered. she didnt want to order a salad or it would make herself seem anorexic and something else would have made her seem fat. so, she stuck with a burger. "but no pickles" she added.

the wait for the food was spent taking turns looking at eachother in secret, turning away when the other would look or when they got caught, blushing, and repeating the cycle. the food finally arrived and choeun bit into her sandwich. "blueh, they put pickles in it.."

"this one doesnt have pickles in it," sunggyu lifted the bun, "we can trade" he said as he took the burger from her hands and put the pickle free one in hers. "b-but i already...bit...into-" she watched as he cut her off by taking a big bite out of the burger. "it.. um, thank you." sunggyu nodded his head.

when they were done they decided it was time to go. "its getting late" sunggyu said.

"yea. thanks again for everything today."

"youre welcome" he emphasided the two words while holding her shoulders. they were face to face under the gistening moonlight, getting lost in eachothers eyes. with hope, choeun thought something completely out of character and wanted to go over to his house. "i," she broke the gaze, "better be going home now."

"oh yea. of course" he smiled as he tried to hide his now red cheeks.

"but," sunggyu looked up hopefully at her, "my parents might be upset because im coming home this late. if i stayed somewhere overnight it would be better in the morning." choeun purposly thought out loud. sunggyu took chance of this opportunity, of course, " I-if you want, you could, s-stay over at m-my place...?"

"R-Really!" she cleared hoping that it covered her excitement, "i mean, really? are you sure that its okay with you or your parents or something?"

"I'm sure" He beamed as he took her wrist in his hand and guided her to his house. sunggyu struggled unlocking the door as he thought about the possiblities that could happen that night. he tried not to think ertedly but everytime an image popped into his head he shook trying to shoo away the thoughts. he finally managed to open the door and held it open for choeun who slowly stepped into his house and took off her shoes.

When both of them arrived in the house, choeun scanned the pictures and furniture carefully but respectavely. "are you an only child?"

he turned around quckly to answer her question, "huh? oh, i have an older sister but shes at college and busy with work. it gets lonely most of the time." choeun nodded her head, taking in the new information, "My parents are always gone on buisness trips and such alot so im alone." he smiled to make it seem okay. "ill get your bed ready."

"can i help"

"you dont really need to.."

"but I want to..." sunggyu was the one who offered her a place tonight, and it was, in her nature, to help anybody. okay, well, she wanted to be closer to sunggyu too. he led her to his room and got out the blankets. she tried to do something but sunggyu wouldnt allow it, so she stayed close to the bed and felt guilty for not doing anything. when he was done setting up the room, he motioned for her to lay down.

"well, where are you going to sleep?" chohyun asked.

"i'll just sleep on the couch. its okay like that."

"are you sure? its sounds quite uncomfortable..."

"nae nae. have a good nights sleep" he walked to the door, and turned around," and dont worry about me. your my guest" he smiled and winked at the now speechless choeun.

~~

that night, choeun tossed and turned worried about sunggyu. she didnt even know why taking that he wasnt in much danger and she just met him, "he must be uncomfortable, should i go out and trade spots? should i go out and check on him? should i...let him sleep with me? Aaahhh!!! No! That’s wrong waah… ottoke~” she flailed her arms and legs around in the bed frustrated about what to do. Meanwhile in the living room, SungGyu was uncomfortably laying on the couch.” I really need to get a new couch… my back is killing me. I hope she doesn’t think I was too weird. Inviting her to sleep over at my house and all does she think that I think she’s weird for accepting my offer? No! I don’t want that! Uuggh. She’s so cute and pretty and nice I don’t know what to do.” He flopped around struggling to get comfortable again.

                They didn’t get very much sleep last night worrying about each other. Choeun got up early and made the bed. She walked out of the room to see a messy glob of blanket on the couch and turned to see SungGyu approaching her.

                “Oh you’re up?”

                “Yeah. Thank you for letting me stay the night and for lending me your bed.” She bowed.

                “Oh no. it’s no problem.”

                “Then I’ll be taking my leave. I’ll see you later.”

                “Wait! When will I see you again?”

                Choeun put a finger to , “if fate decides it, we’ll see each other again.”

                SungGyu was sad under a hopeful yet happy expression. ”I’ll see you then”

                “Bye.” She said as she stepped out the door.