Pretty Man

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Where are you going?’

Min Ho just got back from Beijing and he was home for exactly fifteen minutes. The second he arrived, he went straight to his room to change. He was putting on his scarf, ready to leave, when his manager blocked the door.

‘I have to go, hyung,’ he told him impatiently.

His manager crossed his arms. ‘But you just arrived. Shouldn’t you be resting first?’

‘I had enough rest on the plane.’

He didn’t budge and instead looked at him with a blank expression. ‘What’s the rush?’

It was no use lying to the man. Ever since he found out that he and Shin Hye had been dating, he always saw through him. He knew when he was talking to Shin Hye; he knew when he was texting Shin Hye; he can even tell when he was thinking about Shin Hye.

‘She’s not answering her phone. I’ve been trying since before the plane took off.’ He tapped his foot impetuously.

‘Maybe she has a schedule. Maybe she’s sleeping. Do you even know where you’re going?’

Min Ho stopped fidgeting and slumped his shoulders in resignation. He didn’t know where he was going. Where was he even going to find her? But still.

‘I’m sure she doesn’t have a schedule. She told me the other day that she only had a meeting at the agency this morning. It’s already…’ he looked at his watch, ‘2 o’clock.’

‘Do you know where she is? How are you going to meet her if you can’t contact her?’

Fair point. Min Ho gave up and walked to the couch. He lied down and covered his eyes with his arm. It wasn’t like him to be needy, but he hasn’t seen her in four days. And they didn’t exactly part on a high note the last time they saw each other. It was a good thing that he was working nonstop in China – it distracted him enough to forget that Shin Hye was thousands of miles away. But now that he was back, it irks him that he doesn’t even know where she is. She knows I’m going to be back today. Why isn’t she contacting me? He stared at his phone.

‘Ring, you stupid phone. RING!’

‘Aigoo. You’re not even a teenager,’ his manager muttered before sitting on the chair beside the couch. 'Besides, you should be more careful about meeting her now. You promised you wouldn't be so reckless anymore.'

Min Ho ignored him and stayed silent. He was still trying to think of where Shin Hye could be, or why she wasn't answering her phone. His manager the television and browsed through the channels.

‘Oh, it’s Park Shin Hye,' his manager said.

Min Ho turned to his side and saw one of Shin Hye’s CFs on the TV screen. She was running around the city drinking soy milk looking bright and cheerful. He scoffed and looked away to stare at the ceiling. Does she even know how I excited I was that I had nothing else lined up today?

‘It’s Shin Hye again,’ his manager said after changing to another channel. He smirked at Min Ho. ‘Ahh, yeppeun-ah. Your girlfriend sure has a lot of CFs. Maybe she’s filming a CF right now, that’s why she won’t answer the phone.’

Min Ho glanced at the television and there she was, dancing and prancing around in dresses, like he was taunting her. He finally sat up. ‘She’s torturing me. It’s so obvious. I didn’t call her yesterday and she’s clearly trying to get back at me.’

His manager looked at him like he was crazy. ‘You’re crazy.’

Just then, Min Ho’s phone rang. His heart jumped at the sound and he looked down immediately to see the caller ID. His face sank as Il Woo’s face appeared on the screen. ‘Aish!’ He threw his phone at the edge of the couch and stood up. ‘I’m going to sleep, hyung. If Shin Hye calls, don’t pick up,’ he grumbled before walking to his room and closing the door.

‘Yeah right,’ his manager muttered under his breath before moving to the couch. He picked up Min Ho’s phone. 'OH! SHIN HYE'S CALLING!' He called out.

His manager could hear Min Ho shuffling in his room. He almost broke the door handle when he flung the door open. 'Eodie? Eodie?' He rushed to his manager and quickly grabbed his phone. When he saw nothing, he realized he'd been had. He pursed his lips and slowly looked at his manager, his eyes menacing.

The ahjussi stayed seated on the couch as he grinned naughtily. 'You're so whipped.'

'AISH!' Min Ho put the phone on the table. 'Don't tell me when she calls. She has to suffer, too.' He grumbled before he marched back into his room and closed the door a little more forcefully than usual.

HIs manager chuckled as he took Min Ho's phone again. He looked at the screen and the wallpaper was a photo of Kim Tan and Cha Eun Sang biting on the same donut. He made a sour face as if he’s seen something unpleasant. ‘Aigoo…’ he put the phone down and leaned his back on the chair before turning to watch the television again. ‘They're disgustingly cute.’

 

 

Shin Hye was the first one to arrive. Again. Whenever she met up with any of the guys, she’s always the first to arrive – she has no idea why she keeps going early knowing that's the case. She crossed her arms and frowned. She wanted to see Min Ho badly, but she made a promise and today was the only day their schedules aligned. Plus, she was very worried about Hong Ki and she hadn’t been able to see him since his accident.

As she waited, she wondered if Min Ho’s plane landed already. She instinctively reached for her bag to get her phone but she remembered that she didn’t have it. Arggh.

‘Shin Hye!’

She turned around and saw Geun Suk sauntering towards her. He was dressed in casual clothes – just a hoodie and jeans and his trademark swagger. She couldn't help but smile. She only saw him thrice all of last year and she didn’t realize that she actually missed hanging out with him. ‘Oppa!’

Before she can react, Geun Suk pulled her up from her seat and hugged her. He had a very loose idea of personal space, especially with her. It was a good thing that no one else was in the second floor of the café. It was a small and quaint place that she used to frequent with the guys when they were still fresh from filming ‘You’re Beautiful’. The owner already knew them and was always nice enough to make considerations for them to be comfortable.

‘You look really good, Shin Hye,’ Geun Suk smiled warmly as he took the seat in front of her.

‘Thanks,’ she replied shyly. Geun Suk can be very eccentric alright, but he always knew how to make girls blush. ‘You too, oppa. And you finally cut your hair! It looks great on you.’

‘I didn’t want to do it at first but you know, it was for the drama.’

Just then, a waitress came up and put two cups of coffee in front of them. Geun Suk gave her a cute wink as he thanked her, which sent her grinning as she headed back down. Shin Hye laughed.

‘I knew that Pretty Man role suited you,’ she said as she picked up her cup and sipped. ‘I honestly couldn’t imagine anybody else in that character.’

‘You watched it?’

‘Not everything but I caught a few episodes. When did you finish filming?’

‘Seven days ago,’ he replied as he slouched on his chair, crossing his legs. ‘I’m still tired, but I just had to see you.’ He had a mischievous glint in his eyes. Of course, that glint was always there. It was what made her young heart waver at one point.

‘Oppa, you can’t easily flirt with me anymore,’ she smiled.

He furrowed his brows, but the corner of his lips twitched. ‘It’s not flirting if I’m telling the truth. I really missed you.' He paused, before continuing. 'Besides, even if I am flirting, it never works on you anyway. That's why it's okay for me to keep doing it.' He chuckled.

Shin Hye laughed lightly and went on to take a sip again. She looked down, although she could feel Geun Suk staring at her. 

‘You look different,’ he blurted out.

Shin Hye looked up, making a conscious effort to look innocent. ‘What do you mean?’

Geun Suk tilted his head and squinted his eyes. ‘You look… I don’t know, different. I mean, you’re looking more and more beautiful, that’s a given. But there’s something... I can't really point it out specifically…’ he trailed off.

Shin Hye squinted her eyes, too, as if willing him to finish his sentence. When he just continued staring at her, she finally spoke up. ‘You’re seeing things.’

‘Maybe,’ he answered. ‘But all I know is you’re the prettiest you’ve ever bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter