T w e n t y - E i g h t

Connecting the two Deers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T w e n t y - E i g h t : Unveiling the Secret to Know the Truth

 

 

“Why do we leave, Jonghyun hyung?” Sehun ask curiously as the three of them walk around the Han River with disguise on.

“We are not going to leave… We are here to–”

“Spy on them…” Xiumin added and exchange knowing glances with Jonghyun.

“Spy on who?” Sehun question is left unanswered as Jonghyun and Xiumin quickly pull him to hide behind the bushes.

“Perfect. There they are!”  Jonghyun pointed at the pair with a low voice.

“Who?” Sehun eyes travel across the two figure not far in front of them. Yoona and Suho are sitting side by side on the grassy area as they look at the river in front of them.

“Joonmyeon hyung and Yoona noona?”

“Shh… Let’s just listen to them.” Jonghyun put his hands over Sehun’s mouth as he nodded softly. Xiumin also put his index finger on his lips signaling Sehun to silent himself.

.

.

.

Both Yoona and Suho share a very comfortable silence in between them as the sky gets darker. They spent a lot of time together with the other three today. After the things at the café, they walk around in disguise and go shopping and play around together. Suho and Yoona take a deep breath before looking at each other at the same time.

“Yoona… I/Joonmyeon, I…”

“You first… / No, you first…”

Both of them erupted into laughter as they look at each other with a sheepish smile.

“They… left us… Right?” Joonmyeon bravely ask Yoona as the deer just smile at him.

“I know~ I think this is all Jonghyun plan. Minseok oppa might have been a part of this~” Yoona laughs again as Suho smiles in reaction to her music-like laughter.

“All I know is that Sehun is innocent!”

“I know right~”

 

The two of them fall into another comfortable silence as they turn their attention back to the flowing river in front of them.

 

“Joonmyeon…”

“Yes?”

“How’s life?”

“Life? Well, as far as you can see… I’m happy.”

“I can see that… I’ve told you that a few days ago, didn’t I?”

“Yeah. Well, how about you?”

“Well, not much. Just being busy filming and all.”

“Oh~ I remembered back then when we watch the fountain kiss episode. They are all mad at Geun Suk hyung though. It was funny!” Suho tries to lift up their mood a little.

“Even you?”

“Huh?”

Suho stared blankly at Yoona who seems to wait for a good answer from him.

“Nothing…”

“I know what you are trying to ask. Don’t hold yourself back…”

“Joonmyeon, I’m just curious. How do you feel when you watch that scene?”

Yoona looks down and buried her face in between her knees. Suho just stare at Yoona warmly.

“Honestly, if I were to lie… I would say I don’t care much about that. But, if the truth is what you seek… Yes, I admit… I’m jealous and hurt by that scene…”

“Even though it’s just acting?”

“Yes… Yoona… Even though it is just acting…”

“Why?”

“Well, do you still have to ask?” Suho laughs as Yoona look down again, blushing.

 

“Yoona…”

Yoona stays silent as Suho accidentally put his left hand on her right one. Yoona still could feel the butterflies in the stomach. But, she didn’t jerk away or did anything about it. She just let it stays like that.

“Why are you silent?”

“Joonmyeon… Can I ask something?”

“Go ahead.”

Yoona take a deep breath before looking at Suho right into his eyes.

“Joonmyeon… Why did we break up?”

 

Suho froze for a while as Yoona look at him with her eyes full of meanings which he knows well. Suho try to look away, but Yoona right hand grabs his left one causing him to turn his attention back to her.

“Yoona…”

“I just want to know…”

“Yoona, I…”

“Please, Joonmyeon… Please…”

Suho look down for a while before returning his gaze back to her.

“Yoona… I had my reasons…”

“What reasons? Can’t you just tell me? Joonmyeon… Please…” Yoona teary eyes definitely tug a string of his heart as he could feel his gaze soften on her.

“We had too… I don’t deserve you, Yoona… “

“What do you mean? Don’t you love me?”

 

“I loved you… Yoona... How I wish I could shout in the midst of those people… But, what else can I do? You’re so far away from me right now. Too far for me to reach…”

“Joonmyeon, don’t make it sound like I’m the one at fault when we both are.”

“Yoona… I had my reasons why I drifted away from you before.”

“I know that reason very well! Jonghyun told me everything… Why do you always put other people above you?”

“Yoona… I cared about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter