Who's the Better Band

The LEE Family

The boys one by one entered the room and just like in a movie the stood forming one line while the Blue Island boys too formed a line in front of them as if they're preparing to have a fight. The girls looked at each other nervously then Seohyun entered.

"SOULMATE!" Cried Minhyuk. Yonghwa immediately put himself between his girlfriend and the coming boy who's obviously going to give Seohyun a big hug. "Yah! Can't you see I'm still here?" They heard Yonghwa say.

"Hyung it's just a matter of time, soon she'll leave you. We're meant to be together." Minhyuk explained as soon as he stood in front of Yonghwa. Seohyun started giggling and then walked in front of Yonghwa. She then looked at Minhyuk who smiled at her widely. She too smiled and then she turned her back on him, faced her boyfriend and in front of everyone in the room, she gave Yonghwa one very wet kiss then she hugged him tightly. "You know MInhyuk, I will never leave this choding and I assure you, I'm meant to be together with him." Yonghwa beamed. Minhyuk frowned then began whining. Then the rest of the boys shook their heads and then the atmosphere changed. The girls got confused because now the tension was nowhere and all the boys were hugging as if all of them missed each other badly. Even Yonghwa gave Minhyuk a hug and the two laughed as if they were best friends. Everyone was laughing and asking how they were.

Shinhye laughed out of relief. Seohyun then went to join the girls. "Unnie, I thought you're going to cause a big fight between the boys." Suzy said.

"Oh please, those two have been like that since forever. The truth is I think they're the soulmates." Seohyun said making all the girls laugh.

Soon everyone was talking. It was so noisy. The boys were boasting how good their respective bands are and no one wants to admit defeat. But all was done in a friendly manner. The maknaes from each group were assigned to buy some refreshments. The two guitar freaks went into a corner and exchanged techniques. The boys born on year 91 were huddled together talking about the weirdest topics. Yonghwa, Hongki and Wonbin on the other hand talked about the kind of training Blue Island had in Japan. Somehow the girls feel left out so they began to have their own conversation.

Minhwan and Seunghyun then came back with the food. They gave everyone something to drink and eat. Everyone was having fun. Then Hongki said in a loud voice making everyone listen to him, "IU, since you saw them play, who do you think is the better band?"

"Yah Lee Hongki, don't you think that's a bit unfair? Of course she'll take your side, she's your sister." Wonbin said.

"Not our sister. She's too honest for her own good. She's our critic. She's our mirror. She tells us our mistakes and how we can improve more." Jonghyun informed then. Much to IU's dismay, everyone then turned their attention to her. She looked for help from Jaejin but he too was looking at her like them. She knew she has no choice.

"They were right oppa, I'd be biased towards FnC if you ask my opinion right now." IU told them.

"See? I told you she'd be biased. But you were right about her honesty." Wonbin said.

"But you said right now." Jungshin said. "So does that mean that there's a possibility that we can change your mind?" He asked.

Again everyone turned their attention to IU who smiled sweetly at Junghin. Then she nodded making the FnC boys frown and Blue Island boys to smile. "And how can we do that?" Jonghoon asked.

"I'm biased towards FnC since I've seen them performed live in front of an audience. Playing as a band doesn't end with just the technicalities. No matter how good a band can play but if they can't connect with their audience, it will still be a big failure." She answered.

"Okay then since everyone's coming on our concert, why don't we ask you again after the concert." Wonbin said.

"Okay let's do that." Hongki answered.

Then IU's phone rang. She excused herself and after a while she came to join the group.

"Jangwoo oppa called. He said you guys should bring me home now 'coz I still have an exam left tomorrow. I told him I've reviewed already but he still insisted that I go home." She told her brothers.

Immediately the three brothers stood up. "Let's continue our talk after your concert. Be sure to give us backstage passes." Hongki told them.

"Shinhye noona and Suzy want to come with us?" Jaejin asked.

"Hyung I'll bring them home. It's on my way." Seunghyun said. Jaejin looked as if he wants to punch him in the face.

"It's alright Jaejin, we'll go with him. We'll be fine." Shinhye told Him.

"Can I go with you guys?" Minhwan asked Seunghyun and his friend nodded. "I'll take care of her." He then whispered Jaejin and he smiled at him gratefully.

"Yoona, come on, let's go." Jonghyun ordered. Yoona then looked at him with confused eyes.

"No need. I'll bring her back. I invited her so I should bring her back." Jonghoon told him off.

Hongki immediately put his arms around his brother. "You do that. Just take care of her will you. She's a very important friend." He then pulled his brother and said, "We will go ahead. See you on your concert." Then the Lee's bowed to everyone and left.

 

The day of the concert came. Soon ten people were sitting together on the balcony and watched the Blue Island perform their heart out. One boy was in pain while watching the girl he lost smile at another handsome guy. Another boy looked at the girl he longs for singing with their rival band. Another boy was being teased by his girlfriend because she always kept on saying, "They have a cute drummer." Another boy kept on pestering a girl but would always look behind him to see if her brother's watching them. Then another boy was getting irritated because his best friend kept on talking how good the lead vocalist of Blue Island is.

The concert was a big success. Everyone was satisfied with the performance. While the encore was being played, the group then headed backstage.

As soon as Blue Island have finished with their last minute paying of respect to the people who helped them with their concert they immediately went to where the group of ten people were standing and Jonghoon immediately asked IU, "So did we change your mind?"

"Not really." IU said honestly. "But you're band is great. I had fun watching you guys."

"Still not that impressed huh?" Jungshin said.

"No don't get me wrong Junghin-ssi, I'm impressed. I'm very impressed."

"But why are still not changing your mind?" Wonbin asked.

"Maybe because I don't think it's right to compare you guys. Your groups are on different leagues. You've debuted and getting more famous by the minute. FnC though they are famous in their own right is still on the amateur level. It's hard to be objective when there are fans who scream just because you look handsome and not because you're talented." IU explained.

"But FnC has those kinds of fans as well." Minhyuk said.

"True but still most of their fans are there for them because they liked their group as a whole. Because of their talent. It's their natural charisma unlike for you guys who had their company's spent millions to advertise. Admit it, half of your fans liked you because you're good looking." IU stated the ugly truth.

"You have one heck of a sister here Jaejin." Jungshin told him. "Can I date her?"

"No." All the Lee boys said in unison.

"Hyung, she's mine." Minhwan said patting Jungshin's back.

"Shut up Choi Minhwan." The Lee boy's said in unison again making everyone laugh.

"I admit she's right." Jonghoon said. "So what do you think we should do?"

"I think it would be good if we can put these two groups and have them play together on a fair, equal environment." IU suggested

"A showdown to know who's really better." Jonghoon said.

"I guess you're right." Yonghwa answered him.

"That's a good idea and maybe I can also convince Seohyun I'm better than hyung." Minhyuk said.

"In your dreams Kang Minhyuk." Yonghwa said.

"But that's a really good idea." Shinhye blurted out. Now all attention were on her.

"What do you mean by that?" Hongki asked her.

"We have ten boys here and five girls. In this said concert, why don't we assign a girl to choose between two boys? For example, IU will choose between Yonghwa and Seunghyun. Suzy between Jonghoon and Jonghyun. Seohyun on Hongki and Wonbin. Yoona on Minhwan and Minhyuk and I on Jaejin and Jungshin. Then after the concert we will choose. The group who has the lesser votes will treat all of us to a dinner." Shinhye suggested.

"I think I have a better idea. Why don't we not assign a particular girl to a particular pair. Let's just play with all our heart and have a date with the girl who was impressed with our particular performance." Jonghoon suggested. Jonghyun then shot him a look and then he looked at the girl Jonghoon was looking and he saw how she blushed. He made a tight fist but Hongki covered his hand and warned him with his eyes.

"I'm kinda confused hyung." Jungshin said.

"Let's be honest here. Who among us guys here is not interested in any girl in this room right now?" Jonghoon asked.

Hongki then put his hand up. Everyone looked at him and shook their heads. "What?" He asked. Then everyone ignored him. Hongki then realized that he's the only one who raised his hand. "Yah! Don't tell me you guys here are interested in these girls?" He asked the Blue Island boys then he noticed each guy has a different girl he was looking at. He noticed how Jonghoon smiled at Yoona. Seunghyun has a longing look towards Suzy. Minhyuk has an open admiration on Seohyun.  Jungshin's interested look at his sister and Wonbin's weird bothering look at Shinhye. He then looked at the boys from his band. All of them were somehow fuming. He then took another look at Shinhye and Wonbin before saying, "This is weird."

"But what about the audience?" Yoona asked trying to break the tension in the room. "I mean, Blue Island has debuted already and are now gaining fans as we speak. FnC though they have their own followers are still on a different level of popularity." she explained.

"That's easy. This concert will be just on an invitation basis. Each group will invite 100 of their most loyal fans. Fans who like us because of our abilities and not just because of our pretty faces." Jonghoon said.

"Then we will also invite 25 people who has a connection with the music industry so that they can assess our performance." Yonghwa suggested.

"But who will organize this concert? We can't publicize this since your fans will become violent if they won't be able to attend." Jaejin said.

"Each of us will be in-charged with the fans that we will invite. We can ask our company to help us find a venue. Then we can ask some volunteers for the odd jobs." Wonbin suggested.

"We girls can do those odd jobs." Seohyun offered.

Everyone then was silent. Each one was thinking about the face-off.

"IU, how many songs do you think each group should sing?" Jonghoon asked.

"I guess each group should at least perform four songs. Your best song, a slow one, a fast one and a surprise song." She suggested. "Then have two people from your group to perform solo's. Something like a secret weapon thingy.

"That's a good one. I think she's the genius in your family and not Jaejin." Jungshin said. Hongki then whispered to him, "She's still off-limits to you."

"So when are we having this face-off?" Minhwan asked.

"Is two weeks enough for you guys to prepare?" Wonbin asked.

"Don't ask us that. Our exams just finished so we can just practice anytime. It's you who are more busy than us. You should set the date." Yonghwa said.

"Okay. Let's do this two Sundays from now." Jonghoon told them.

Then Yonghwa smiled and said, "Bring it on."

 

******************************

I might update soon. I want to do the showdown as soon as possible before the idea leave my head. Sorry if it's a boring chapter. I needed to set the stage for the showdown and to explain why the showdown is needed. Don't worry I like both groups though of course I prefer FnC but I'll try my best to be fair and put my shoes on each group. Hehehehehe. Please I need some comments. I comment deprived in this story. Please I'm begging you. hehehehehe. Seeing how the number of views increases inspires me but it will inspire me more if you will subscribe and comment as well.