Rivals

The LEE Family

"They're back?" Jaejin ask when he heard the name of his colleague.

"You know him?" IU asked.

"Of course I do. Let's just say that Blue Island and FnC Band has a friendly rivalry going on for years now. But since we promised Jangwoo hyung that we will concentrate on our studies first, when the scouts came, we declined the offer and Blue Island got on board. They had spent a year of training in Japan and recently debuted officially. I just didn't expected for their maknae to study in your school and like the girl I like." Jaejin told his younger sister.

"Is that why Minhwan and Seunghyun were inseparable lately? Because you knew them?" IU asked.

"Probably." Jaejin answered.

"Why didn't I knew about them?" She continued to ask.

"As bands we have underground performances and we never bring you to one and that's where we meet them. They're about the same age as us. I'm good friends with the drummer and the bassist." He informed his very curious sister. "Why are you so curious about them?"

"Well oppa, they're the new hot group now and I'm shocked that you guys know them and even friendly with all of them." IU said.

"Are you a fan?" Jaejin asked incredulously.

"Yes! I like them. They're good." IU said with much conviction then she saw her oppa's face fell. "But I love FnC Band. That band is still the best and it has the hottest guys in Korea." Jaejin's face then beamed brightly and hugged her sister tightly.

 

The next day as the twins and Jaejin went to school, Jaejin shared the information he got from IU the night before.

"You mean Seunghyun is studying in IU's school and he likes Suzy too?" Hongki asked Jaejin.

"Yup. I was shocked myself. She even said that Minhwan and Seunghyun were inseparable since school started." Jaejin answered.

"Well at least the older boys are not studying in our school or else someone from our group will be guarding his girl like a dog again." Jonghyun said and the two nodded in agreement.

As soon as they got off the car, they saw Yoona and Shinhye walking by. Jonghyun stealthily went behind the two. He motioned for Hongki and Jaejin to be quiet and the two complied not wanting him getting mad at them. The two girls were so into their conversation that they were not noticing the three guys behind them.

"What? You mean they're transferring here? For real?" Shinhye asked Yoona.

"Yes they are. Yonghwa oppa has been guarding Seohyun eversince. He even asked me not to let Minhyuk get closer to Seohyun or else he will tell my darkest secrets to Jonghyun. As if I have a darker secret than my unfortunate molestation." She said not buying Yonghwa's bluff.

"But who told you all these information?" Shinhye ask.

"Would you believe me if I told you that Choi Jonghoon called me as soon as they landed from Japan?" Yoona shyly asked her friend.

Shinhye's eyes and mouth formed big O's. "Oh my God! You mean the hot leader of Blue Island called you and you talked to him?" Yoona just nodded in response. The boys behind them looked at each other. Hongki was getting alarmed at Jonghyun's reaction. He's turning red and redder by the second. Jaejin then tugged Hongki's sleeve when he too looked at Jonghyun.

"What did you two talked about?" Shinhye was really getting interested. She knew if Jonghyun would hear this he'd turn into a big Hulk of Jealousy. Little did she know the boy had heard everything they were talking about for about 5 minutes now.

"That's the weird thing. He said he missed me and he asked me out on a dinner. I'm a bit shocked with his invitation because we just met twice right?" Yoona asked Shinhye. Shinhye on the other hand didn't know if she should be happy or sad with the news. She knew as a friend for Yoona she should be happy because Jonghoon's one good catch but as Jonghyun's bestfriend she should be mad out of loyalty. "Actually Yoona you two have met more than that. You've been to every underground performance of FnC and that group too was there everytime. We would always meet them backstage." It was now Yoona who looked shocked.

"But I would've known if we have met. He's one good looking boy." She said. Jonghyun then stopped on his track. It was getting too much for him to handle. He then sped up and intentionally bumped Yoona and Shinhye and the two girls almost fell to the ground only because Jaejin and Hongki were there to catch them.

Shinhye and Yoona were alarmed when they saw Jonghyun and the two girls looked at their saviors. Hongki then said, "Yes, he heard everything and yes he's mad and yes he's very jealous."

"But why would he feel that way?" Yoona asked.

"Because noona, he really likes you. Can't you accept that fact?" Jaejin answered.

"No. I still don't believe that." Yoona then said. Hongki was about to say something when Shinhye motioned for him stay quiet. She knew Yoona's still hurting from a lot of things and Jonghyun's one those reasons.

When they were about to get up, a hand was offered for Yoona and Shinhye to help them stand. Jaejin and Hongki looked at the boys who offered their hands and lo and behold it was the lead singer and leader of Blue Island.

"Won Bin!" Hongki shouted and hurriedly got up and hugged his old friend. Won Bin gave him a big hug too. "Yah Lee Hongki, you're still as clingy as before." Then the two had a friendly exchange of punches. Then Won Bin again saw Shinhye and gave her his killer smile. Shinhye blushed hard. Hongki saw his bestfriend's reaction and then he looked at Won Bin too. He then realized that Shinhye's crushing on Won Bin. Somehow it doesn't feel right, he told himself.

Jaejin on the other hand had been observing Jonghoon with Yoona. The guy was a complete gentleman with her. The complete opposite of how his hyung had treated her. He knew his brother is in big big trouble now. "Hyung, it's nice to meet you again." He said trying to break whatever is happening between Yoona and Jonghoon. Jonghoon then looked at him and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder. "How have you been? Where's your Jonghyun hyung?" Jonghoon asked.

"Well he went ahead. He heard something he doesn't like so he tried to escape it." Jaejin said and looked at Yoona who looked away from him. "By the way hyung, where's Jungshin and Minhyuk?"

"Jungshin doesn't have class this morning but he'll be here this afternoon. As for Minhyuk, he's now looking for a certain lady as we speak." Jonghoon then smiled at him and gave his attention back to Yoona. "So about my invitation, are you free tomorrow night?" Much to Jaejin's surprise his bestfriend nodded and the leader of their rival band gave her the sweetest smile known to earth.

Jaejin then turned to Hongki, "Why is it hyung that I feel I'm not really liking this comeback of Blue Island in our lives?

Hongki who was still staring at Won Bin and Shinhye who were walking in front of them said, "I feel like a big storm is brewing up. It will cause a big devastation to whoever it will pass on." Just then Jonghoon turned to them and handed them something. "I would like you guys to come in our mini concert that's going to be held on Sunday. I hope you guys can come. You can come with Yoona, Shinhye and Suzy. Suzy even asked us if your sister can join too and her tickets there too. Please do come." Hongki accepted the tickets and bowed his head in appreciation. "Thanks. Of course we will come. We won't be missing this. We will definitely be there."

 

"Suzy!" Seunghyun called out. Suzy turned around and smiled at the boy who called her.

"Seunghyun, you just came in?" She asked.

"Yes, I was a bit late. We had a late night practice last night and I overslept. So Jonghoon hyung just texted me that Shinhye and Yoona noona will coming to our concert. He also said that he gave IU's ticket to Hongki hyung. So will you come too?" He asked.

"You mean FnC Band will be there?" Suzy asked excitedly. Seunghyun was a bit puzzled with her question but decided to just answer. "I think so. Jonghoon hyung said Jaejin hyung was there too when he gave the tickets to Hongki hyung. We just don't know if Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun noona will be going too since Minhyuk hyung will be there." Seunghyun answered.

"Why wouldn't they want to go." Suzy asked.

"Because Minhyuk hyung has this weird belief that he and Seohyun noona are soulmates. That Yonghwa and Seohyun will one day end then he and Seohyun noona will finally get together." Seunghyun said.

"Why does he think that way?" Suzy kept on asking.

"I don't really know. Maybe it has something to do with them having born on the same day, with only 10 minutes difference on the time of birth." Seunghyun said. Then the bell rang and soon Minhwan and IU were by the door of their classroom and it was now lunch time.

As soon as they were having lunch, Seunghyun had a brilliant idea. "How would like to watch us practice tonight?" He said. IU liked the idea very much and immediately dialled Jangwoo's number.

"Oppa, can I watch the band practice tonight?" IU asked.

Jangwoo thinking it was FnC Band who will practice automatically gave his permission. "Just don't be too late. Don't even think of waiting for them to finish their practice." He said.

"Thanks oppa. Bye."

Before Jangwoo can say anything IU had already hang up on him. "I'm okay to go tonight. Minhwan you have to come with us coz you're bringing me home tonight."

"But I can't. We too have a practice. We have a gig on Saturday." He said then he turned to Seunghyun. "I really want to come but I'm sorry. Maybe next time."

"How about you Suzy? Can you come too?" Seunghyun asked.

"Yes. I'll go. I've texted Shinhye unnie. It seems Won Bin oppa had invited her to go too tonight. At least we can go home together. Then we can bring IU too to their house." Suzy told them.

"Don't worry, even if your Shinhye unnie's there, I'll bring you home." Seunghyun offered. IU looked at the boy and the girl, the girl blushed and the boy has a big smile on his face. She then looked at Minhwan who suddenly looked away from her. She then pulled Minhwan, "I know the deal you had with Jaejin oppa, and right now you're breaking your word that you're gonna help him with Suzy. Good luck. I mean, Good bye. If things progress with those two, I'm sure the support that you have from my oppa will be gone."

Minhwan looked at her in horror. He knew he should do something but Seunghyun is his friend. He's now facing a big dilemna.

 

As soon as it was lunch time Hongki hurriedly went to his brother who would most likely be brooding at the moment. And he was right. He saw him sitting under a tree staring in space. He then went to Jonghyun and handed him food to eat. Jonghyun looked at him and took the food and began to eat.

"Want to talk about it?" Hongki asked.

"Why am I such a fool?" Jonghyun asked back. "If only I didn't do those things to her and just came clean with my feelings, we would've been together now and that guy won't even stand a chance. Do you think I can still have her back? Do you think I have a chance against Choi Jonghoon? Heck our name even sounds the same."

"I really don't know the answer to your questions. But what you did earlier was wrong. They almost got hurt. Shinhye was fuming mad, she said why should she be included in your anger. Why is it that when it comes to Yoona and IU you tend to be impulsive and uncontrollable? You should get a hold of yourself when it comes to those two." Hongki advised his brother.

"Speak for yourself. You're like that with IU too." Jonghyun said.

"But she's our only sister." Hongki defended.

"She's my sister too and Yoona's the girl that I love. I don't know but when it comes to girls that I love, I tend to get unreasonable. I know I'm wrong. I'll apologize later." Jonghyun said.

Then out of nowhere, Yoona and Jonghoon walked in front of them. Behind them were Shinhye and Wonbin. Minhyuk and Jungshin followed the couples. Hongki looked at Jonghyun and saw that Jonghyun was trying his best to control himself. Then suddenly they heard Yoona laughed loudly. Jonghyun then stood up, ready to confront Yoona and Jonghoon. Hongki immediately stopped him. "Don't! Yoona would hate you if you will make a scene."

Jonghyun then turned around. "I hate seeing them together. I badly want to punch that pretty face of his."

Hongki then pulled his brother away from the group. "You better get a hold of yourself. Yoona just accepted his invitation for dinner tomorrow night. Instead of getting angry, I think you should better do something to woo her back."

 

After classes, IU, Suzy and Seunghyun headed to the Blue Islands agency and waited for the older boys to arrive. Much to the delight of the girls, Shinhye and Yoona also came along with Wonbin, Jonghoon, Minhyuk and Jungshin. After the introductions, the girls sat on one side and the boys began to start their practice.

IU unlike the other girls who visited so that he can tell her oppa's about the "rival" band observed the technicalities of the said band. Generally speaking, the band is really good. She was very impressed with the leader/lead guitarist of the group. He's oozing with talent. He not only can play the guitar he's also good with the keyboards. The only downside he has is that he's not that talented when it comes to singing.

As for the bassist, her brother and this giant of a bassist are almost at the same level in terms of skill. The big difference that these two has is that his oppa is better in singing but Jungshin is better in rapping.

She then assessed the guitarist/vocalist Seunghyun. Hand's down her Yonghwa oppa is more talented than him, but maybe it's because Yonghwa is older and much more confident. She was shocked when he suddenly played the keyboards, it's one added point to Seunghyun. Both are rappers but she'd prefer Yonghwa's anytime.

Then she looked at the drummer. So he's the guy who claims to be Seohyun unnie's soulmate. He's cute and he's tall. Taller than Yonghwa oppa. She then observed him. He's good but her bestfriend is way better than him. Maybe she's biased so this time she tried hard to see if she was right. As Minhyuk plays she tried to picture Minhwan doing the same thing. Well, technically both are in the same level. Then it hit her, the reason why she thinks Minhwan is better because he fits the drumset better than Minhyuk. It was as if he and the set are one and he plays with more feelings than Minhyuk. Well that's her opinion at least.

Then last but not the least, the lead vocalists. She can't seem to compare Hongki from Wonbin. Both are good singers but they have different flavors with their voices.  Hongki's more rugged while Wonbin's more on the softer side. Then an idea hit her, if only these two singers will sing together, they will definitely produce beautiful music. Their voices would fit perfectly together. But if she has to choose, she will still choose her oppa.

So in summary both groups are great. They have their own strength and charisma. If only her oppas have chosen to debut too, this group will have one heck of a competition.

Then her phone rang disturbing everyone in the room. She bowed and asked for forgiveness and hurriedly went out to answer the call.

"LEE JIEUN! I never knew the day will come when you will lie to me just to go somewhere." Jangwoo said as soon as she picked up the phone.

"I didn't lie to you. I am now watching a band practice." She defended herself.

"Don't even dare to lie. I called your Hongki oppa and he said you're not there." Jangwoo shouted at the other end of the line.

"Oppa, I didn't say I'll be watching FnC Band's practice. I'm watching Blue Island practice now. Don't worry, Shinhye unnie will take me home. Okay? Say hi to unnie. Don't wait up. I have my own keys." She hung up before he can speak. She then put her phone in a silent mode coz for sure her oppas will call her again.

An hour later, her phone signalled that there was a call. Luckily the group had taken a break and she immediately answered the phone.

"Lee Jieun, meet us outside. We're here at the parking lot." She heard Jonghyun said on the phone. Her eyes automatically looked at Yoona who was talking to Jonghoon. Shinhye saw her reaction and Shinhye knew it's Jonghyun on the other line. She then took the phone from IU.

"Where are you?" She asked.

"Shinhye? What are you doing there?" Jonghyun asked. Then she heard the phone being taken from Jonghyun. "Shinhye you're here too? Who else is with you?" It was now Hongki who was questioning her.

"Yoona and Suzy." She answered.

"Them too?" It seems that she was on speaker phone for the boys suddenly talked at the same time. "We're coming in. Tell them we're visiting." Jonghyun shouted at the other line. Then the call was ended.

Shinhye then cleared to get everyone's attention. As soon as they were all looking at her, "Ah guys, I just got a call from Hongki. It seems that they're coming here to visit you guys."

Yoona then looked at her. Her eyes seems to ask if Jonghyun's coming too and Shinhye just nodded. Instinctively she distance herself from Jonghoon.

Suzy then whispered to IU, "Is oppa coming too?" and IU just nodded. Seunghyun then saw the smile on Suzy's face and asked himself, "Why did she suddenly smiled like that? How come she doesn't smile to me that way?"

Just then they heard a knock. Jungshin stood up and opened the door and there on the other side FnC Band stood.

 

****************************

Huh!!! I was able to update the next day!!! I just wanted to write these things before it leave my head. I know it's kinda boring but i can't keep myself from introducing the rival group. Admit it, they're one hot group too. I included Wonbin since he's a former member of FTIsland and I needed a stronger lead singer for the group since FnC band has Hongki, Yonghwa, Jonghyun and Jaejin. But thinking about it, I'm having a hard time on deciding what Blue Island songs will be. For sure it will be from FTIsland and CNBlue songs. Do you have suggestions which songs each group should perform? I really need help here. I need them before I can write the next chapter since they will be having a sort of a showdown. Hehehehehe...

I hope you're still enjoying this story. Isn't it too dragging? Honestly? I really want your inputs if you have some. Thanks to all who's reading this. I hope you guys can leave some comments to inspire me more to write. And please subscribe if you like the story.