Chaos

The LEE Family

 

Three years later...

Chaos... In an instant, there was chaos everywhere. The Lee family were just having dinner that night when suddenly Eunjung stood up, looked at everyone and said, “My water just broke.”

One... two... three... then pandemonium broke loose. Everyone began talking at the same time. The twin girls sensing something was off began with their series of questions. Suddenly Eunjung can’t take it anymore and shouted, “EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP!” And everyone did and looked at her.

“Hongki, go upstairs to our room and get my bag. Jonghyun, get the keys and please drive us to the hospital. Jaejin and Jieun please take care of the twins. Please make them sleep on time. And Yeobo please help me walk to the car. The pain is getting more intense as it comes.” Eunjung ordered to everyone.

Within three minutes Jonghyun, Jangwoo and Eunjung were on their way to the hospital with Hongki following them behind on his car.

 

At their home, IU and Jaejin were having a hard time with the twins. The girls were looking for their mom and dad and say that they can’t sleep because their parents haven’t kissed them goodnight just yet. “But mommy and daddy won’t be coming home tonight honey.” IU said.

“And why is that immo?” Asked Minah.

“Because right now mommy is trying her best to give you your baby brother.” IU explained.

“You mean she’s giving birth right now to Minho?” Hana said shocking her aunt and uncle.

“Yes she is so you better pray tonight and ask God to help your mom deliver Minho.” Jaejin told the girl.

The twin girls looked at each other and as if on cue started to pray for their mom. After a few minutes the prayer was finished and Minah said, “Uncle, it’s still too early for us to sleep and I don’t think we can’t sleep at all.”

“And why is that honey?” Asked Jaejin.

“Because we’re worried. Just before mom entered the car she was crying in pain. It’s the first time we saw her cry.” Hana answered.

“Don’t worry. Your mom will be just fine.” IU assured her. “Immo, can we ask uncle Minhwan and Aunt Suzy to come here tonight?” Hana asked.

IU and Jaejin then looked at each and smiled. They obviously loved their niece’s idea.

 

Meanwhile at the hospital, the group just arrived. Eunjung was immediately wheeled to the delivery room with Jangwoo following closely behind. Hongki then saw Jonghyun slumped at the couch and realized that his twin brother was very exhausted.

“I didn’t realized that driving can make you that tired.” Hongki said as soon as he sat down beside Jonghyun.

“You weren’t there. Noona, began her active contractions while she’s in the car. We really thought that she will deliver the baby in the car. She was in too much pain. I think I don’t want to impregnate Yoona and make her suffer that pain.” Jonghyun paled.

“Speaking of Yoona, are you really sure about it? I mean we just debuted last year and we’re just starting to get famous. You saw what happened when Yonghwa hyung married Seohyun 6 months ago, the fans went berserk. We really thought that it’s the end of our career but thanks to our real fans who knows us ever since have supported us through it all. You should really think about it especially since Yoona is now a rising actress.”

Jonghyun pondered on Hongki’s words. He really wanted to marry Yoona as soon as possible. They’ve been together for six years now and he knows that she’s the one and no else. He also remembered the chaos that Yonghwa caused when he announced that he’s marrying Seohyun to the public. Seohyun was hated by their crazy fans. She even got hate mails and threats. But he also saw how closer Yonghwa and Seohyun got when they overcome such trial and he knows that he and Yoona can just overcome anything that will come their way and he knows in his gut that he can’t live without her anymore. He made up his mind right then and there. He then looked at his brother who was busy texting, “By the way, have you told Minkyung that noona’s giving birth right now?” He asked Hongki.

“Yes I did and she’s coming here as soon as her schedule for today finishes. I still can’t believe that Shinhye’s getting popular internationally. Can’t help it, I’m so proud of her.” Hongki said.

“Well, she’s really talented. We knew that since we were kids. We both knew that she’ll be very famous someday and I guess this is her time now. Those two years in the US made her a better actress. Imagine she even won a Tony award. That’s pretty big.” Jonghyun agreed.

Just then three of the most sought after girls of Korea entered the Hospital lobby and again there was chaos.  Three beautiful celebrities and their fans can’t help but go to them and ask for their autograph. Each girl smiled genuinely at their fans and politely and patiently signed their names. Jonghyun and Hongki just stood up there and looked at these very special girls and waved to them. Hongki then said, “Here comes our girls.” And both of them smiled.

Yoona  was the first one to be able to get away from the crowd and she just ran to Jonghyun and threw herself to him. “I missed my Jongie.” She said while hugging him tightly.

“Something’s just don’t change.” Hongki said since it has became Yoona and Jonghyun’s signature greeting eversince the two became a couple.

“You’re just jealous Lee Hongki since I got here first. You can’t help it, you’re girlfriend is more famous than me.” Yoona said and began the second stage of their greeting and that is kissing without caring whether they’re in public or not.

Just then Shinhye came. Hongki looked at her and smiled. She too smiled at him. He then opened his arms and she automatically went inside it. “I’m so proud of you. I really missed you.”

Shinhye then looked at him and said, “And I missed you. I have so many things to tell you. I just hate it when our schedules don’t match. You’re promoting when I’m on a break and you’re on break when I’m filming. This is the first time we’ve seen each other in two months. I really missed you Hongkiya.”

“Same here.” Hongki then kissed her cheeks.

Finally, Minkyung was able to free herself from the crowd and was able to join the group.

“So how is she?” She asked as soon as she joined them.

“Honestly, she’s having a harder time with this boy than with the twins.” Jonghyun told her and she obviously paled.

“Yah! Stop scaring her.” Hongki scolded his brother. He then pulled her in his arms and embraced her. “Don’t worry she’ll be fine. Hyung’s with her inside. He won’t let anything happen to her.” Minkyung began to cry and Hongki shot Jonghyun a killer look.

It was known that Eunjung did have a harder time with this pregnancy of hers. She was ordered by the doctor to a bed rest for the last six months of her term. It was her first time in six months to join the family in the dinner table that night since the boys just finished with their series of concerts successfully. Minkyung was there for her everytime her schedule would permit her to take care of Eunjung. And she was just hating herself for she wasn’t there when Eunjung needed her.

“Don’t blame yourself. You can’t help it. She doesn’t blame you or hate you. She understands your situation. You’re now a solo artist and one of the most sought after singers today. She’s proud of you and she would be more sad if you will blame yourself. I will be sad too.” Hongki said and kissed her tears away.

“Oh please just stop with this lovey dovey thingy in front of me.” Shinhye told the two couples.

Jonghyun just smiled at her and said, “Don’t be too jealous. Because in about ten seconds, another chaos will occur.

And true to his words within ten seconds, screaming fans were heard as Oh Won Bin of Blue Island entered the hospital.

“Why is he here?” Shinhye asked Jonghyun. “You told him I’m here?” She asked again.

“He really loves you, you know.” Hongki told his bestfriend.

“I know and I love him too.” Shinhye mysteriously said.

“I still can’t believe that he waited for you all these years. It’s a good thing I dumped you huh.” Hongki joked.

“Amen to that.” Shinhye agreed obviously having moved on already.

Just then Won Bin walked towards them and Shinhye ran towards his open arms.

Soon all three couples were sitting at the couch. A sleeping Wonbin has his girlfriend sleeping on his arms on the end of the couch. On the other end of the couch, Hongki was trying his best to comfort a very nervous Minkyung while Yoona was sitting in between Jonghyun’s lap who was hugging her from behind also trying to comfort Minkyung.

Then the door to Eunjung’s room opened and out came Jangwoo who was holding his new baby. Everyone then stood up and surrounded him. “Everyone, meet Lee Minho. Minho-ya, meet your crazy uncles and aunts.”

Everyone adored the baby and Jangwoo then noticed a very pale Minkyung and said, “Don’t worry, she’s fine. She just needs to rest for a while and you will be able to talk to her.”

Minkyung smiled at him and relief finally came to her and she hugged Hongki.

 

An hour later, Shinhye and Wonbin left the hospital after they’ve visited with Eunjung. Inside Eunjung’s room, Jangwoo was sleeping on the couch while Minkyung was holding Eunjung’s hand. Hongki was standing behind her while Jonghyun and Yoona were adoring the little baby.

“Unnie, I’m sorry I wasn’t there.” Minkyung said,

“No worries. I’m fine. By the way congratulations on you all kill win. I’m so proud of you.” Eunjung told the younger girl.

Just then the nurse came in and said, “Visiting hours are over. Please let the patient have her rest now.”

Minkyung stood up and kissed Eunjung’s head. “Congratulations unnie. Take care.”

Everyone then followed and kissed her. Jangwoo who was now awake smiled and thanked everyone. “We’ll bring the girls tomorrow hyung. Minah and Hana will be so happy to see their brother.” Jonghyun said.

“That would be so nice. Thank you Jonghyun.” Eunjung said.

 

Jonghyun then brought Yoona home. On her doorstep he said, “Will you marry me?”

Yoona looked shocked. Jonghyun can’t believe he just blurted it out just like that. He then became so nervous since Yoona was not answering him.

“Right now, I really hate you.” Yoona told Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was shocked. In all honesty he thought Yoona would be ecstatic, he didn’t expected this reaction.

“Excuse me? What did you just say? You hate me?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes. I hate you. What kind of proposal is this Lee Jonghyun? It’s so unromantic!” Yoona exclaimed. “I won’ have it. I’m not going to answer this question. Do it again and in a more romantic way and maybe then I’ll consider it.” With that Yoona angrily kissed him on his lips and hurriedly went inside her house and shut the door on his face.

It took Jonghyun ten minutes to realize what he just did and finally a smile formed from his lips and he knew what he needed to do then he shouted, “Im Yoona! You just wait!”

Yoona smiled upon hearing these words.

 

Hongki and Minkyung found themselves at the same park they went when Eunjung had the twins. This time they were walking as lovers and not just as newly acquaintance. Hongki has his arms around Minkyung’s shoulders while Minkyungs arms were around his waist.

“I can’t believe time has passed by so fast. The first time we came here, we have just met and we were waiting for unnie to give birth to the twins. And now unnie has another baby and we’re walking here as lovers.” Minkyung said reminiscing the past.

Hongki then stopped. “I think we should talk about it now.”

Minkyung knew what he’s implying. She knew they need to talk about it sooner or later and maybe he’s right, they should talk about it now.

Since FNC Band officially debuted, Hongki had been the target of bad rumors and bad publicity. He was loved by those people who understands him and he’s hated by those who wants to have their perfect unblemished idols. Hongki never denied anything that he did pre-debut days. He believed that hiding or denying it would make him a fake and always hated pretending to be someone he’s not and as a result, some people hated him for it. Because of this Hongki told Minkyung to hide their relationship to the public fearing that the fans would also hate Minkyung because of him. But still it’s really very hard to hide secrets especially if your girlfriend is the most loved singer in their generation. Somehow, someone saw them and lately they’re the target of blind items as “The most loved girl in a relationship with the most hated guy.”

“I really don’t have any problems going public you know.” Minkyung told him.

“I know. You’ve told me that since the very beginning. But I don’t want to be the cause of your career’s downfall. You’re at the peak of your career now. I want you to stay up there for a longer time.” Hongki said.

“Hongkiya, if they hate me because you’re my boyfriend then I hate them too. They don’t know the real you and I do. I will never be ashamed of our relationship. Sooner or later everything will be revealed and when that time comes I will proudly tell them that I am Lee Hongki’s girlfriend. So don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine.”

Hongki can’t help but hug her tightly. Thankful for her love and at the same time scared of what he’d do to her life. He too wanted to tell everyone about them. He envies Yonghwa and Jonghyun and publicly declared that they’re in a relationship with their respective girlfriends. It was so different with his situation. It’s true that their band’s growing popularity despite his rumors are increasing but still he’s scared to hurt Minkyung’s career. Just then he stopped walking and said, “I remember I sang for you at this very spot.” Hongki said as they stood to the place where he sang to her. “Want me to sing again for you here?” He asked.

Minkyung nodded and smiled obviously liking the idea.

What happens now?
What exactly should I do?
I dare...dare to...
Love her

Quietly so that even ...
even I wouldn't know
to live as if i've forgotten
is to live a life of death

the criticism of the world
and appearing to be insane
i know of it all
but though i'm afraid
I love her

Where are you?
Can you listen to what I'm saying? 
Do you know of my pitiful bleeding love?

Please forgive me
If you'll punish me, I'll accept it
But...just her...
Please...just her...
Please allow me to love

(credits to muish)

 

Tears kept on falling from Minkyung’s eyes. She felt the pain in his pleading voice. She knew how it’s eating him to hide their relationship. She knew all too well how jealous he was of Jonghyun’s relationship with Yoona. He was the one who insisted to hide their relationship just to protect her and she loves him for this but she knew that it’s about time to come out in the open. She then hugged him tight and kissed him fully on the lips. Hongki at first tried to break free to check if it’s safe to kiss her since they were in a park but Minkyung wouldn’t let him do what he want instead took their kiss on a much deeper state. Hongki finally fell for it and couldn’t care less where they were and began to kiss his girl.

Suddenly he noticed a flash and a click sound, he immediately let go of her and looked around to see who took their picture. He was shocked to see that it was Minkyung who took the picture and much to his surprise she used Instagram and immediately posted it online with the caption, “My boyfriend of four years whom I love very much.”

And that’s the start of another chaos.

 

A/N: First of all I would like to apologize to Hongki-Shinhye followers. I know most of you were disappointed but I did give you the enough time to defend your pairing but as we read the Hongki-Minkyung followers they did give good reasons and that's the reason Hongki finally really ended with Minkyung. But no worries, Shinhye is very much loved by Wonbin who I also love very much

Second, the time jump was necessary since we're nearing our final chapter. It was also necessary because I wanted you guys to see their growth and stability for four years.

Third, as for Hongki and Minkyung's situation, it was somehow true that the Korean culture (fans) are somehow very possessive of their idols. There's some truth in this because some fans hated Hongki because he's always saying what he wants not caring for what people would think of him (though this is one reason why I like him). Hongki for the win!!!

Hope you guys would like this chapter. It's a bit messy but I'm a messy person and so it's like this. I'll be writing more of IU and Jaejin next time and Jonghyun's romantic proposal and the aftermath of the Instagram.

As for the song Hongki sang in this chapter, its entitle Go Hae, the song he sang in california.