Hongki and Minkyung's Alternate Pairing Part 2

The LEE Family

 

As Hongki entered the room, he found his twin brother playing his guitar. He went straight to him, took a chair and began singing to the song Jonghyun was playing. After the song, Jonghyun put his guitar down and punched Hongki in the face.

“That’s for making Shinhye cry.” Then he punched him again this time in the stomach, “And that’s for warning you not to fool around with Minkyung.”

Hongki then wiped the blood from his cracked lip and said, “I deserved the first but I don’t think I deserve the second one.”

“I told you it was a warning. You should know now what can happen if ever you just plan to fool around with Minkyung. I did that for your own good. I don’t want our family to hate you someday. They love Minkyung too much.” Warned Jonghyun.

“You mean I don’t deserve her? Your words hurt dear brother.” Hongki told Jonghyun.

“No Hongki. I don’t mean it that way. You deserve the best girl in the world but right now you don’t have the best reputation when it comes to girls. I just want you to be sure of your feelings before you go for Minkyung. She’s not just some girl. She’s noona’s dongsaeng. Everyone loves her as a sister. Honestly, I’d be the happiest person if ever the two of you become a couple but I don’t want to hate you and I think I would if you will just hurt her in the end.”

Hongki then stared at his brother who was staring back at him. He knew that among his siblings, it’s Jonghyun who always the hardest one to penetrate. It’s either he likes you or he doesn’t and only a few people were able to make him like them but when he does, he’s in it forever.

“Don’t you reallyhate me for making Shinhye cry?” He asked Jonghyun.

“No.”

Hongki looked at his brother and asked “Why?”

“Because she’s the first one to hurt you.”

Hongki then realized that his brother was also affected with what Shinhye did to him before. He thought Jonghyun just let it pass but obviously he didn’t.

“I mean, she’s still my best friend but you’re still my brother and what she did to you before was just plain cruel. I hate seeing you hurt. I remembered that the last time you were like that was when mom and dad died. I almost hated Shinhye but like you, I also understand where she’s coming from since I’ve known her since forever and being an actress was her dream for the longest time. I just knew that right now, being an actress is her priority and if ever she got herself a boyfriend, he’ll just come second to her dreams and you don’t deserve that. You deserve a girl who would love you unconditionally. It’s a pity that you and Shinhye can’t be together but I now realized that you’re not for each other. I mean you’re both the best but you two are not the best for each other.” Jonghyun explained.

Hongki nodded, understanding what his brother meant. He now needs him on his side and he needs to convince him. “I’m in love with Minkyung,”he told his brother,“but I don’t know how to convince her let alone tell her. I knew that she’s the one I want when I kissed Shinhye earlier today. I was waiting for the same sparks like that other time when I confessed to her but there was none. That’s when I realized that I’m finally over her and it’s all Minkyung'sdoing."

"Then try to convince me why you love her. If you can convince me then I'll help you."

Hongki beamed at his brother's offer. But before he was able to answer the rest of the boys came and practice started.

 

Back home Hongki found himself convincing not just Jonghyun but also Jieun and Jaejin. Jonghyun pulled their younger siblings to Hongki's room and asked them to give Hongki the chance to convince them too. At first Hongki was hesitant but he realized that the more people he can convince the better. Somehow what happened was it became a question and answer type of convincing. Jaejin asked the first question.

"Are you really over Shinhye noona?"

Hongki answered confidently, "100% sure."

"Are you sure she's not just a fling like the rest?"Jonghyun asked this one.

"I assure you she's not. I'm not suicidal. I know I'll lose my family if I will do that. She's not the type of girl that you will just play with. She's someone who deserved to be loved."Hongki answered quoting Jonghyun.

Just then Jieun stared at Hongki and asked the most important question. "Why do you love her oppa?" Everyone then stared at him and one by one looked at them. He then took a deep breath and said,"The most important people in my life are you guys. You know I'd give my life for any of you and I won't risk doing something stupid to lose any one of you. Though I act stupid most of the time you all know that I really am not. I also know that if I make Minkyung just a fling all of you will be mad at me and I might even lose some of you and that is something I can't risk. Believe me when I say that I've really thought about this and I even tied all lose strings with Shinhye. I made sure that before I go to Minkyung that I am clean and free to say Minkyung is the only girl for me."

"You still haven't answered my question oppa. Why do you love her? "Jieun insisted.

Hongki looked at Jieun and said, "Because she's someone more important than you guys. I realized that I'd be able to live in this world without you but I can't without her. For the first time in my life there is a girl who’s constantly in my thoughts. She’s the first person that enters my mind when I wake up. She makes the song I sing more real, more sad and more sweet. She's the last person I think about before I sleep. I dream of her most nights.

I'm happy when she's with me and miserable when she's not. She taught me to appreciate what I have. She made me care for others. She loves the people I love. She healed my broken heart. I was lost in the dark when Shinhye rejected me but Minkyung made me see the light and showed me the path to happiness. She listens to me like no one can. She’s adorably blunt. She made me a new person. She’s everything I am not. She completes me. If she will reject me, I'd still try to convince her. If she asks me to wait, I'll wait. You ask me why I love her? I love her simply because she's Kang Minkyung."

"I'm convinced." Jonghyun stated and gave Hongki a hug.

"Me too." Jaejin said smiling. Then everyone looked at Jieun. She then stood up and kissed Hongki and said, "FINALLY!" making everyone sigh with relief. But just then Jangwoo came in and said, "Add me to that list. I'll even help you convince my wife." Everyone was so shocked that they were dumbfounded. Jangwoo then sat beside Hongki and pats his back softly. "But I don't think I can convince her."

Just then Eunjung entered the room. Hongki paled. He looked at his siblings and smiled when he saw that they are on his side but before anyone can speak Eunjung raised her hand silencing them.

"Lee Hongki, I clearly told you to stay away from her and what's this I'm hearing? You love her?" Eunjung asked sternly. Hongki was about to explain himself but Eunjung again raised her hand and he shut his mouth.

Eunjung then sighed. Smiled and said, "For the first time in my life I'm happy that you didn't listened to me." Everyone gaped at Eunjung well except for Jangwoo for he was the one that pulled Eunjung to eavesdrop at Hongki. Eunjung then pulled Hongki to stand, hugged him and said, "And I'd be forever in your debt if you can legally make her a part of this family." Making Hongki blush as red as the shirt he was wearing and everyone laugh out loud.

After everything subsided Eunjung smiled and said, "It's gonna be hard but I know how you can convince her."

 

According to Eunjung since Minkyung grew up as an orphan who transfer from one relatve to another she became a friendly person so that people will like her and she would always hope that she'd stay there for good. But unfortunately those relatives will eventually find her bothersome and soon she will find herself going to another relative thus making her doubtful of people telling her that they like her how much more if someone would tell her that he loves her. She even told Hongki that it took her almost a year to break Minkyung's invisible wall and this made Hongki more worried.

"So what should I do noona?" Hongki asked.

"You're already halfway there. Since I've known her you are the first person who befriended her that fast. She trusts you but don't be to rush with her. You should convince her with your actions before actually telling her." Eunjung advised.

 

That following night Hongki met with Minkyung.

"What's up Hongki?"Minkyung asked.

"I'm finally over Shinhye officially." He answered.

"Really?"

"Yes."

What made you so sure? You've been harbouring feelings with her since forever and now you're telling me you're finally over her. Something happened?"

"We had a talk yesterday. It’s been a while since I knew I don’t feel the same towards her. I was just a bit confused lately when she came back. But all those confusions were solved yesterday. I told her what I feel. At first she was in denial..."

"Of course she is. She told me that she wants you back. That she broke up with Wonbin because of you."

"She also told me that. She even dared me to kiss her saying I will realize my mistake if I just kiss her. And I did kiss her to prove to her and also to myself if I still have feelings for her."

"So how was it?"

"Nothing. There's nothing special. She herself felt it too. Now I can finally say that I'm over her."

For a while no one spoke a word. Both seem to be thinking about something then Minkyung asked. "Why are you telling me this Hongki?"

He then looked at her and smiled. "You're a smart girl. What do you think?"

Minkyung then looked at the stars and shook her head. "I think I kno why but I don't think I believe it."

"Why not?" Hongki smiled knowing she knows.

"Because as great as a person as you are I don't think that you're liking me for the right reasons."She explained.

"Why would you say that?" He asked still not taking his eyes away from her.

She then sighed and squarely looked at him, "Because I just so happened to be the girl who was there when you were hurting. We had fun, we became close and somehow you misunderstood your own feelings.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm really flattered for a guy like would think that you like me but the truth is in the long run you would realize that you were wrong in reading your feelings. So as early as now I want you to realize your mistake and save our friendship. You're a very special friend that I don't want to lose."

Hongki was staring at Minkyung all the time she was talking. He realized the truth in Eunjung's words and decided to follow her advice. He then took Minkyung hands, smiled and said, "I don't expect you to believe me now but I'll prove to you my sincerity. But first I want to clarify some things. You started healing my broken heart long before I knew your name and let me thank you now for singing that song that night in Japan.

"Second, if there is someone who would know what I really feel, it's me.

"But you were right. I'm not liking you for the right reasons because I'm already loving you for the right ones." He then kissed her cheeks out of impulse. She was shocked. He then chuckled and said, "I'm not going to ask you to let me prove myself because I WILL IT PROVE TO YOU until you can't do anything but believe me."

Then Hongki stood up, kissed the hand that he was holding, pulled her to stand and led her to his car to bring her home.

All the way to her dorm, no one was talking. Hongki was smiling and Minkyung was still in a state of shock.

Upon arriving to her dorm, Hongki opened the door of the car for her. She went out of the car and walked towards her dorm. Hongki followed closely and when she was about to enter the door he quickly pulled her to him, hugged her and said, "I'm sorry I might come too strong for you. Never ever think that what I'm feeling is something temporary for it is not. I'm sorry for kissing you without your permission, I just can't help myself."

He then felt her trying to break free but instead of letting go he hugged her more tightly and said, "Please a little more longer. I still don't want to let go. "He then felt her tense then slowly relax.

After a while Hongki put his hands on her shoulders and looked in her eyes. All he saw was confusion, for some reason he find it endearing so he kissed her nose and whispered "Iloveyou" in her ears. His hand slid from her shoulders to her hands and again stared in her eyes and again said, "I really do love you."

He then let go of her hand. Turned her around and opened the door of their dorm. She went in without saying anything.

 

To Minkyung's surprise Hongki fetched her the next day to bring her to her schedules. He was even in the crowd chanting her name when their group sang. He was shouting "Kang Minkyung Saranghae!" all the time. He was in the back stage with water in hand to give to her and her groupmates.

Jiyeon then asked Hongki, "Oppa, why are you really here?"

Hongki smiled and said,"I'm here because I want to spend my freetimes with your unnie. So you'll see me a lot especially now that we are on school break."

"You really like her huh?"she asked.

"No. I really LOVE her." He answered.

"Oppa, you're infected with the Yongwha Virus of cheesiness." Both of them laugh. Minkyung heard everything.

For months Hongki kept on following Minkyung around. He’ll be at every concerts, performance and guestings she’d make. He’d only be absent for emergency situation or when his own band has something to do. Everyone in their entourage seemed to welcome him not minding his intentions for Minkyung since their management is not as strict as the others. He and Minkyung got closer than ever before. Hongki showed her his sincerity. He wasn’t even tempted even though he was constantly surrounded with beautiful idols of Korea while he chaperoned Minkyung. Slowly but surely Hongki was proving himself and some even said that it would only be days now and Minkyung will finally accept Hongki’s feelings.

But suddenly one day, Hongki didn't come. Everyone thought that maybe he had an important thing to do. But for one week straight he didn't come or even call and that highly unusual. Minkyung felt pain in her heart. She feared that maybe she was right. Maybe Hongki now realized that he’s not really in love with her. Why would he go away when she finally realized her own feelings. She was devastated. Maybe it was too late for him and her. Maybe he got tired of waiting for her.

She then decided to call Eunjung. Maybe she can fish out some information from her unnie.

"Minkyung-ah! I missed you. Hongki told me your group’s very busy these days. How are you?" Eunjung asked on the other end.

"I'm fine unnie. How are you? I missed you too. How are the twins?"

"Which set of twins? The boys or the girls?"

"The girls."

"They're fine. But one of the boys is not." Then a long pause. Then Eunjung said, "Oh my. Hongki will kill me."

"Why unnie? What's wrong?"

"Do you have a free time today? I want to talk to you. "

"My schedule will end around 5pm."

"Okay let's meet. Send me your last schedule venue. I'll pick you up."

"Okay unnie. See you later." Minkyung was puzzled with Eunjung but she felt in her gut that all her questions will be answered later.

 

Later that day Eunjung and Minkyung went to a restaurant to talk.

"What's this about unnie?"

Eunjung then drank some water and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you this but Hongki's hurt. Physically hurt. Pretty bad."

Minkyung looked puzzled. "Why?"

"Truth of the matter is your manager told Hongki that you have a stalker. He decided not to tell you because he doesn't want you to worry. You're manager knew about Hongki's skill so he asked him for help in guarding you. Hongki was more than happy to help but he's still no Jonghyun. He's good but he can't handle10 persons at the same time.

"Last week he searched for your stalker and four days ago he saw your stalker and confronted him. He warned him not to mess with you again. But the very next day the stalker waited for Hongki with 10 others and they ganged up on him. Luckily it happened somewhere near our house and Jonghyun happened to pass by. But by the time he was able to rescue his brother, Hongki was already unconscious and badly beaten. He was rushed to the hospital and just regained consciousness yesterday.

Minkyung paled at Eunjung’s news. "He told me to call you as soon as he woke up. To tell you he can't come but I was so worried that I forgot all about it. He asked me not to tell you what really happened since the stalker and his friends were caught and now in jail."

"Where is he now unnie?"

"Still in the hospital. He hit his head pretty badly and he's still under observation."

"Will he be fine unnie?"

"I hope so. Hongki was so scared when he realised that he was out for almost two days. He was worried that you might think that he finally realized that he doesn't really love you. He does love you you know." Eunjung then told Minkyung what Hongki told his siblings. The one she overheard. "I know you're full of doubts with his intention. But if it helps, I believe him. He really cares for you. You made him a better person. He wants you in his life. He wants to be in yours. Give him a chance."

"Are you going to visit him today?"

"That's where I'm going after this."

Minkyung then stood up and said, "Let's go unnie. I'll come with you."

 

Minkyung was quite shocked when she saw Hongki's condition. He has purple skin all over. His lips were cracked. His eyes were somewhat bloated. His handsome face was hardly recognizable. Minkyung began to cry. Eunjung hugged her. "This is all my fault unnie. I'm bad for him." She cried.

"Noona, can you please leave us for a while." They heard Hongki say.

Eunjung released Minkyung and went to Hongki and whispered something to him and he nods in response. She then smiled at Minkyung and left the room.

"Hi. Is it okay for you to sit beside the ugly me?"He asked.

Minkyung hurriedly sat on the chair beside his bed and said, "I'm sorry. This is all my fault." Tears fell from her eyes.

"That is so not true." He said trying to smile. "I'm glad you'll be safe now. He's gone, because of Jonghyun."

"He's gone because of you. Please don't do that ever again. And tell me everything. I deserve to know. I would also hate it if my boyfriend will hide things from me."

Then silence. A minute passed by without anyone talking. Hongki suddenly was restless and wanted to sit up but due to his injuries he just ended up in pain.

"Yah! Stop moving! You'll hurt yourself!" Minkyung scolded.

Hongki then grabbed her hand and said,"You just said boyfriend. What does that mean? Are you just accepting my feelings because I got hurt because of you? Because of guilt?” He asked.

“Yah! I hate you. You ruined everything.” She cried instead.

“I what?” Hongki asked. He’s getting confused now.

“You ruined everything. I was planning to tell you my feelings in front of everyone two days ago in the Music Bank recording. But you were not there. I thought you realised you don’t really love and decided to just quit everything. I was so nervous and I was hurt because you suddenly disappeared. I thought I was too late.” Again tears falls from her eyes.

Hongki was feeling helpless. He really wanted to stand and hug her and reassure her of his feelings. He then softly said, “Come here please.”

She did and he reached for her hand and held it tightly. “Don’t ever doubt my feelings for you. I’m happy that finally all my hardwork is now being recognized. I really want to hug you right now but I’m really sore so I’ll be contented with holding your hand. But I swear to you, when I get better, you’ll be spending all your freetime in my arms.”

“I’ll be more than happy to spend time there.” She then smiled to him, stood up and softly kissed his messed up lips, “Saranghae Lee Hongki. Hehehe, I kissed you and you can’t do anything about it.” She whispered in his ears. She then looked at his eyes but to her surprise Hongki pulled her to him and her lips ended up on top of his and his good hand went to her neck and pulled her more and kissed her. She immediately pulled away, “You’ll hurt yourself. You can kiss me all you want when you get better.”

Hongki shook his head. “No more waiting. I’m done waiting. I’ve wanted to kiss you for months and now that you finally accepted me, I’m not wasting another minute.”

“But you’re hurt. Your lips are cracked.”

“It doesn’t hurt. It feels fine unless you’re disgusted with my busted lips. Is that it? Is it so disgusting to kiss my lips now?” He whined like a baby.

Minkyung laughed at his silliness. “No. I just don’t want to hurt you. I promise I’ll let you kiss me as soon as your lips heals. You can kiss me all you want. So get better soon.”

Hongki began to whine more making Minkyung laugh harder.

 

Minkyung would always go to the hospital whenever her schedule ends however late it is. She would tell Hongki all about her activities and he would always listen attentively. Everyday Hongki was looking better and better.

Then four days after Minkyung came to the hospital looking lost and sad. Hongki was alarmed. He knew something was wrong. “How are you today?” He asked.

“Not fine.”

“Why?”

“I’m leaving for Japan tomorrow and we will be there for the whole week.”

Hongki knew that it was inevitable for her to go overseas for work. “It’s just a week. By the time you come back I’ll be all better and we can finally go out on a date.”

“But I want to take care of you.” She said.

“I know. I want you to take care of me too but, we both know that you need to go. Don’t worry. I have when you come back, I promise that we would go on a marathon. A kissing marathon.” He joked making Minkyung laugh at his silliness.

 

It was fine on the first day and second day. On the third day, he was released from the hospital but he was advised to stay in bed most of the time. On the fourth day at home, he was about to go crazy. He misses her too much. By fifth day, everyone was hating Minkyung’s songs since it’s in replay in Hongki’s room. By sixth day he was begging everyone to let him go to Japan.

On the seventh day Hongki woke up to a smiling Minkyung. He immediately sat up, hugged her then ran outside his room making her confused. After five minutes he was back and she found herself at the starting line of Lee Hongki’s Kissing Marathon.

 

 

A/N: Again I would like to remind you guys that this is an ALTERNATE PAIRING FOR HONGKI. I know I've said before that I'll be writing this one. I wrote this chapter for three days while waiting for my child's sports clinic to end. I cut it to two parts since it was too long for one chapter. Please leave your comments on the girl you want Hongki to end up with. As I've said on the first chapter, the ultimate girl for Hongki will be based on the most convincing comment and not on popularity. Explain why you like that girl for Hongki. Don't just say "I like this girl for Hongki." That will not count.

I hope to read some very convincing comments from you guys...

Let the comments flow in...