Hongki and Minkyung's Alternate Pairing Part 1

The LEE Family

 

THIS IS HONGKI AND MINKYUNG'S ALTERNATE PAIRING AS THE TITLE SAID. For those of you who have been following this fic, I already told you guys that I will make an alternate pairing with Hongki. Please don't confuse this with Hongki and Shinhye's Pairing. Again I repeat, this is an ALTERNATE PAIRING. By the end of part two, please leave comments. Hongki's ultimate partner will be decided on the most convincing comment.

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY LONG. 

 

TITLE: CLOSURE

 

It’s “Kang Minkyung.”

Junki frowned. This is the first time he heard that name. “Kang who?” He asked the younger man.

“She’s an idol…”

“A WHAT?” Junki shouted. “You mean Kang Minkyung of a girl group that debuted a few months back?” Junki said. Suddenly Eunjung appeared and shushed the two men. Hongki panicked. What if Eunjung heard what he just said? He’d be dead for sure. He immediately took the baby from Junki and put her in Eunjung’s arm.

“I’m sorry noona. Hyung was just over reacting.” He hurriedly pulled Junki out of the room and went straight to his own room.

“Are you finally becoming like those men fanboying those idol girls? I don’t think I can help you with your obsession Hongki.” Junki said as soon as they entered the door.

Hongki then shushed Junki and checked the hallway to see if Eunjung followed them. Junki noticed Hongki’s actions but decided to let it pass. He’s too pissed with his nephew that he wanted to kick some sense into him. He looked at Hongki to see if he’s lacking anywhere in the visual area. He shook his head for no one in his family is ugly. All of them are good-looking people even better looking than most celebrities in Korea, be it North or South. He knew that with the right management, Hongki and his band can be the best group in the country and can even break it through internationally.

“Hyung please calm down. I’m not a fanboy of any idol, well except for her but I’m not like those ordinary fanboys. Truth is, she’s a friend.” Hongki tried to explain but Junki still can’t believe him.

“Are you hallucinating right now or is it the truth?” He asked. “’Coz most fanboys would always say that they’re close to their idols but in reality they were just imagining it.”

“It’s true hyung. I know her. She knows me and we are quite close.” Hongki insisted but still he saw that Junki is doubting him. “Okay fine, if you won’t believe me I’ll call Jaejin.”

Hongki then immediately hollered outside his door and called Jaejin. But to his disappointment it was Jangwoo who came. He started to panic again. He knew his brother can’t keep anything from wife. So even before Jangwoo can reach his room he went to him instead and said, “Hyung where is Jaejin?”

“Jaejin is out with Suzy.”

“Jieun?”

Jang then frowned. “She’s with Minhwan. I can’t seem to object since his backer is Eunjung. I’ll kill that dweeb if he ever makes her cry.” Jangwoo sincerely threatened.

“He won’t even have the guts to do that since he knows that we will hunt him down to the ends of the earth. How about Jonghyun? Where is he?” Hongki asked

“What’s with the roll call Hongki? Can’t you just ask me whatever it is you want to ask them? I’m sure I can just answer it.” Jangwoo had a feeling why Hongki’s asking for his siblings and also knows why Hongki doesn’t want to ask him. Junki on the other hand came out of Hongki’s room and was about to ask Jangwoo when Hongki immediately covered his mouth.

“No. We’re not asking him so stay quiet.” He told Junki.

Jangwoo then smiled knowing that his hunch was right. “Hongkiya…” He began but he was immediately interrupted.

“No hyung. I’m not asking you anything and you’re not telling me anything. As far as you’re concerned, you don’t know anything and that is what you’ll tell your very beautiful wife.” Hongki almost begged.

“Your call. But I do hope that she’s not just a rebound girl or else I will personally kill you.” Jangwoo said then left.

Junki was getting more confused why the brothers were acting weirdly. Just as he was about to say something, Jonghyun came.

“I just met hyung and he told me that you were looking for me?” He asked his twin brother.

Hongki immediately dragged Junki and Jonghyun inside the room and this time he locked the door.

“What’s with the big secrecy Hongki? I can’t stay for long. Yoona’s waiting for me.” He said.

“I just want you to tell hyung that we are really friends with Minkyung-ah. He doesn’t believe me at all.” Hongki said.

Jonghyun then put two and two together and just shook his head. “You’re really doing this?” He asked Hongki full of concern and Junki became more interested.

“Are you really going through with this? I’m telling you, if you really want to do this you should be 100% sure of your feelings or else SHE will kill you and no one in this family will help you escape.” Jonghyun stated and Junki felt he needs to get to the bottom of things right now.

“Just answer the question Jonghyun. Is it true that you boys know Kang Minkyung the idol?” Junki asked.

“Yes hyung we do and the truth is she’s already a part of this family. She’s Eunjung noona’s very precious dongsaeng.”Jonghyun said emphasizing the word precious. With that, Jonghyun excused himself. Went out of the room and left the two men inside.

Junki then looked at Hongki who was sulking in his bed. He lay down on the bed, took out his phone and said while texting, “I guess I should tell Mina to spend the night at IU’s room tonight and I’d be spending the night here too.”

After he texted his wife, he looked at Hongki and said, “Okay I’m convinced you’re not a fanboy but why is it that Jangwoo threatened to kill you and for Jonghyun to say those things? You’re their brother. They’re supposed to support you even if this girl is Eunjung’s dongsaeng.”

Hongki then took a deep breath and began his litany.

“A few months ago I finally realized that I was in-love with Shinhye.”

Junki then sat up. “You mean Shinnie? Your best friend?”

“Yes hyung, the one and only. As soon as I knew about it, I told her my feelings. I told her I love her and she said she loves me back but she also said that we can’t be together.”

“And why is that?” Junki asked crunching his nose.

“Because she said we’d just ruin each other if we’re together.” Hongki said remembering that fateful night.

“And you believed her?” Junki asked.

“Actually I don’t but she was convinced that we will be and I know her hyung, when she said something, no one can convince her otherwise so in the end I let her go. But after a week, I heard on the news that she’s already dating a friend and also an idol, Oh Wonbin.

“I was devastated. I felt so betrayed. She rejected me but she accepted him. We both know that she loves me more, but she was so scared of the possible intensity of our relationship.

“The band was in Japan when that happened. The boys realized that I was dumped and decided to go out that night. We went on a Korean bar when singers perform. As we were having some drinks, a girl came on stage and sang. Coincidentally, the song the she sang that night was exactly what I was feeling at the moment. It was as if she was singing my pain away and somehow after the song, I felt better.

“We came back to Korea and noona was about to give birth. She told us that a dongsaeng of hers is coming and we should welcome her. Right then and there she warned me not to even think of flirting with her dongsaeng.

“Then when we were at the hospital Minkyung came, introducing herself as noona’s dongsaeng. I remembered that she was the same girl that sang that night in Japan and miracle of all miracles, the two of us immediately clicked.

“We became close in a very short span of time. She was always here in the house since she’s always visiting noona. We would always spend time together and for the first time in weeks, I began to forget Shinhye. I really enjoy my time with her. She’s exhilarating. She makes me feel alive and important. She got close to everybody and everyone began to love her and she finally became a part of the family.

“Since we are the closest, everyone began to tease us and everytime that happens, noona would always remind me to not even think about it. There was a time when I finally had it with noona and talked about it with Jieun since she’s also close with Minkyung. I was hoping that Jieun would be understanding and take my side but instead she told me to back off and to forget my passing feelings.

“Passing feelings. Those words kept on bothering me. I finally went to Jonghyun and talked about it. He said he can’t blame noona and Jieun. They’re just protecting Minkyung from me. He then asked me what I really feel for Minkyung. I told him I like her. He said it’s not enough. Minkyung deserves more than like. She deserves love.

“As soon as he said that, I immediately distanced myself from Minkyung. She began to ask what’s wrong with me. They told her that I’m just having my mood swings. She tried to reach out for me but I make sure that she won’t be able to. On days that I know she’d come, I’d always go out and come home when I know she’d already gone home. I’d stay in the house when I’m sure she’s not coming. I really did everything to avoid her.

“But all those times I felt empty and very lonely. I missed her. Then I thought maybe I do love her. Maybe I should give it a try and I did. I ignored noona’s warnings and Jieuns threats. I again spend time with her and realized that I just don’t like her. My feelings are something else. It’s deeper than just mere attraction. It was in between liking her and falling in love with her.

“Just when I was about to confess something happened. Shinhye and Wonbin broke up. Eversince then she’sbeen trying to come back to our circle. She’s attending practices again. Attends our concerts. Spend time with us, with me. She even became friends with Minkyung since she’s always here.

“Honestly hyung, 20 years of loving Shinhye is not an easy thing to let go out of my system. I almost lost my mind then. I was torn. I didn’t know who to choose. And then last night I asked Jonghyun’s help but as usual my dear sister was eavesdropping on us and heard our conversation. She stormed in my room and looked at me as if I was the silliest man alive. She then said, “I hope oppa that you will be able to sort out your feelings soon or else you will both lose them instead.”

“Jonghyun then looked at me as if saying “There’s the answer to your question.” Then he and Jieun went out of my room.”

“Wait,” Junki interrupted, “I thought you said earlier that the girls name is Kang Minkyung. Why is Shinhye a part of the story now?”

“She is and she is not.” Hongki confusingly answered.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Inquired Junki.

Hongki then stood up and looked at their lawn from his window. “I mean, I really did try to analyse my feelings last night and I realized that what I feel for Shinhye is special since she’s my first love and my best friend. I am scared to choose Minkyung since I don’t want to lose Shinhye again. She’s a very precious friend for me. But I also know that as long as Shinhye’s in the picture, no one would believe me that I’ll be 100% serious with Minkyung and Minkyung would always have that doubt if I’ll come back to Shinhye. I don’t want to lose either of them.”

Junki then looked at the young man in front of him. He realized how selfish Hongki can be but somehow he can’t blame him since he knows what kind of friendship Hongki and Shinhye shares. But he was more intrigued with Kang Minkyung the idol. How can a girl like her get Hongki’s attention? Is she really that special? Even everyone in the family loves her. It’s a no brainer that Jangwoo would love her since Eunjung is her adoptive sister. Jieun is also obvious since she really want sisters ever since she’s born. Jaejin would obviously accept her since he’s the most soft hearted person in the family but what bothers him is Jonghyun’s reaction earlier. Jonghyun and Shinhye are also bestfriends and obviously his vote would go to her but he also values this Minkyung girl for him to say that to Hongki.

“When can I meet Minkyung?” Junki asked.

“What?” asked Hongki. “You want to meet her? Why?”

“Because I’m puzzled with her. Everyone’s really treating her as a part of the family and that is not an easy thing to accomplish in this family. It’s true you can be very friendly with them but to treat a person a part of this family is really something else.”

Just then someone knocked and Hongki opened the door and found Eunjung smiling at the other side. “Noona? What is it? Have you acquired Jieun’s habit of eavesdropping too?” He asked nervously.

Eunjung then laughed at him and patted his shoulders. “That’s funny Hongki. You know I would never do that to you.” Hongki then sigh a relief.

“But why are you here noona?” Hongki asked.

“Two pretty girls are downstairs. One of them can’t wait to see Junki oppa and the other one is someone I can’t wait for Junki oppa to meet.”

Hongki then looked at Junki and Junki already knows who the two girls were.

 

And he was right. Shinhye shrieked when she saw him and immediately ran to him and hugged him. “Oppa, I missed you.” She said while she’s hugging him. He hugged her back for he too loves this girl. “I missed you too Shinnie. Have you met Mina?” He asked and Shinhye nodded.

Just then Eunjung spoke, “Oppa, I would like you to meet Kang Minkyung my sister.”

Junki eyes immediately looked at the girl Eunjung was introducing. He then realized that this girl was prettier in personal than in TV. He then looked at Hongki who was also staring at the Minkyung. He slowly released himself from Shinhye. Put his left arm on her shoulders and extended his right hand to Minkyung. “Nice to meet you. I’m Lee Junki, uncle of the family but no one treats me as one so it would be better if you would also not treat me as one and just call me oppa.”

Minkyung smiled at him and said, “I’ve heard much about you oppa.”

“Really? From whom?” He asked.

“From that guy over there.” She pointed at Hongki. Junki then looked at him accusingly and Hongki immediately defended himself, “I only told her good things about you hyung.”

Just then Junki released Shinhye and ran towards Hongki and Hongki in reaction ran away from him. Everyone in the room burst out laughing and in the end Hongki hid himself behind Minkyung and Junki stopped in front of Minkyung.

“Yah Lee Hongki. Come here. You better tell me everything you told her about me.” Junki barely said.

“Oppa, I promise, all of them were good.” Minkyung swear. Junki then smiled and Minkyung added, “Well except for three or four incidents.” Just then Junki with his fast reflexes was able to grab hold of Hongki’s arms and in a short time Hongki’s under Junki crying in pain.

“Hyung, I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I was just telling her about my favourite time with you.” Hongki tried to explain.

In a blink of an eye, Shinhye was twisting Junki’s arm and it was Junki’s turn to cry in pain. “Park Shinhye! Stop it! Don’t tell me, you’re still Hongki’s protector until now?”

Hongki then patted Shinhye and Shinhye released Junki.

“This is what I hate when I mess up with the twins. This girl would always protect them.” Junki told Minkyung.

“Everyone, who’s up for snacks?” Eunjung out of nowhere asked.

Everyone then raised their hands up making Eunjung smile and told everyone, “Come to the dining room then.”

Everyone followed her order but Junki decided to pull Hongki with him. Hongki then looked at him questioningly but Junki remained where he was standing.

Junki was observing everyone in the room. Jonghyun can’t seem to be apart from Yoona. Jaejin kept on being his gentlemanly self with Suzy. Jieun and Minhwan kept on teasing each other. Jangwoo came running like a dog wagging his tail to his wife and what really interested him was how Minkyung and Shinhye seems to be so close. The two girls were joking with each other as if they were bestfriends.

“Is that fake or is it real?” He asked Hongki pointing to the two girls.

“It’s very real hyung. Those two also clicked just like how I clicked with Minkyung.” Hongki informed him.

“I see.” Is all that Junki said and he pulled Hongki towards the kitchen.

 

Junki enjoyed the snacks that Eunjung prepared. He admits that the girl has skills. He almost laugh when Hongki was seated in between Shinhye and Minkyung. He then noticed something, something that will help Hongki. He smiled to himself and decided to just enjoy the rest of the day.

Soon it was time for the visitors to go home. Junki noticed that Hongki was overjoyed when Eunjung asked him to bring Minkyung home. He was puzzled but soon realized that since Shinhye and Suzy were from the same dorm, Jaejin would bring the two girls home instead. He looked at Shinhye if there was a hint of disappointed and what he saw made him realize that his analysis was right. He tried to wait for Hongki to come back so he can help the boy out of his misery but soon he found himself walking towards his wife and asked her to sleep with him that night contrary to the original plan.

“I thought you’re sleeping with Hongki tonight?” Mina asked her husband.

Junki then wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, “I’m tired and Hongki’s obviously taking his time bringing Minkyung home so I’ve decided to just sleep with you tonight. Whatever I have to tell Hongki can wait tomorrow. I’m dead beat.”

Mina put her arms around his waist and they made their way to their room.

 

Early the next day, Hongki was awaken with loud banging on his door. He sleepily stood up and opened the door and what he saw was his uncle fully dressed with all smiles on his face. Hongki looked at him and decided to walk back to his bed and continue his sleep.

He was about to lie down when Junki ran to him and pulled him and brought him inside the bathroom and poured cold water at Hongki. Hongki’s sleepiness immediately disappeared and began to whine, “Hyung! What’s the big idea? It’s vacation day. I can still sleep a few more hours.” He exclaimed.

“What time did you went home young man?” Junki pretended to scold him.

“LATE! VERY LATE!” He shouted at the older man.

Junki then laughed instead of getting mad. “Get ready. We need to do a lot of things this morning. Your twin told me that you have band practice after lunch so we need to do this right now.” He said as he pushed Hongki towards the pouring shower.

“Hyung, my clothes are getting wet!” Hongki said looking at his shirt and boxer shorts.

“Just hurry up okay. I’m just giving you 10 minutes to prepare yourself and if ever you’re still not done in that span of time, I’ll come back here and give you a bath myself and you don’t want that. Remember what happened last time when I gave you bath?” Junki asked and he laughed when Hongki looked at him in horror.

“Hyung, I promise I’ll be done in 9 minutes.” He then pushed Junki out of the bathroom and Junki laughed out loud when he heard Hongki locked the door.

Nine minutes later, Hongki ran to their living room where Junki was drinking his coffee. “So what are we going to do?” Hongki asked out of breath.

“We’re going to end your misery this morning.”

 

They rode Junki’s car and Hongki panicked when he realized where they were going. “Hyung, why are going to Shinhye’s house?” He asked.

“You need to talk to her. Tell her what’s bothering you. She’s still your best friend right?” Junki said.

“What? You’re bringing me here to talk to Shinhye what I told you last night? Are you out of your mind?” Hongki asked.

“No. I observed everything last night and I have a hunch that things will work out just fine if you will just talk to Shinhye.” Junki answered.

Just then they reached Shinhye’s apartment and Hongki looked at Junki questioningly.

“You’ll be fine. Jonghyun was right. You need to know what you really feel and you can’t do that unless you face them.” Junki then went out of his car and opened Hongki door and pulled him out of the car and pushed him towards the house. “I’ll wait for you here. Take as much time as you needed this morning. Your brother told me to bring you to your practice this afternoon since you guys are having a concert soon.”

Hongki again looked at him but Junki just shooed him away. Hongki then went to Shinhye’s house while Junki leaned on his car. Soon, Shinhye came out of the house. Shinhye motioned for him to come but he just shook his head and said, “You need to talk to your friend. He needs you right now.” With that he went back inside the car and pulled out a book for he thinks that Hongki and Shinhye has so much to talk about.

While inside the car, Junki can’t seem to concentrate on his book and decided to watch the two talk. He saw Hongki explaining something while Shinhye keeps on nodding. He then saw Shinhye stood up and it seems that the girl was mad about something that Hongki said for Hongki suddenly stood beside her as if explaining something. Then he saw Shinhye began to cry and Hongki panicking. He was about to go out when he saw Shinhye hugged Hongki and Hongki hugged her back so he decided to stay put. He knew that things were going well until he saw Shinhye and Hongki kissing. He then averted his eyes away from the two and when he looked back again at the two he became puzzled because the two of them were laughing like crazy. Just then Hongki began to pull Shinhye and hugged her again. He saw tears were pouring from Shinhye’s eyes and then Hongki kissed Shinhye again this time on the cheeks. Shinhye was nodding at what Hongki was saying and then the two hugged each other again.

When they released each other, Junki saw that Hongki wiped Shinhye’s tears and Shinhye gave Hongki a sweet smile. Just then he saw Shinhye waved to him and he just smiled back at her and soon Hongki was on his way back to the car.

Up close, Junki realized that Hongki too was crying earlier for his eyes were reddish and puffy so he decided to joke about it, “I see that you’re still a cry baby.”

“I can’t help it hyung. It’s hard to say goodbye to your first love.” Hongki seriously answered.

“Care to tell me what happened?” Junki asked.

Hongki then looked outside the window and it seem that he was tearing up again. Maybe it really was so hard to say goodbye to someone you love, he thought.

“I told her everything. My growing feelings for Minkyung, my confusion with the two of them, everything.”

“And what did she say?”

“At first she was in denial that I fell in love with someone else. I told her that she was a hypocrite and selfish for she was the one who told me that she loves me then one week later she had a boyfriend. That’s when she cried and I panicked. I hate seeing her cry. She said that she broke up with Wonbin because she realized that she’s not in love with him that she was hoping that we could start again from the beginning. She then told me that she just needs to kiss me for me to realize who I really love. At first I was hesitant but then I realized that I too need to know it too. So I kissed her and she kissed me back. I swear the first time I kissed her, it was far the best kiss I’ve ever had but this one was different. It was as if we were both trying to convince ourselves that we are in love with each other and we both realize it and began laughing at each other. I then knew that I’m not in love with her anymore. That what I felt for her then was over and I’m finally over her.

“She knows it too. She said she was sorry for making things hard for me. She told me that she too is in love right now, she’s in love with her career. She wants to hone her craft and be the best in her field and she realized that I can’t wait for her for I’ve moved on.

“She said, I have her blessing with Minkyung. She told me to take care of her and that she too would get mad if I hurt Minkyung. That’s when she said goodbye. She said, it’s her turn now to avoid me. I said understand but I also said that I wish someday I will have my best friend back.She said it was a good thing that she was chosen as the representative of our university in the student exchange program with the USA.” Just then tears fell from Hongki’s eyes but he did not wipe them for he wasn’t ashamed of them. “I’ll miss her hyung but saying goodbye to her now made me realize what I really want. I’ve tied all loose ends and I’m ready now hyung. I’m ready to face Kang Minkyung and her protectors for I know what my true feelings are.”

“And what is that?” Asked Junki.

“That I’m in love with her and she’s the only one and I’m the one who will keep her.”

 

“Are you going to watch us practice hyung?” Hongki asked as soon as they arrived at the studio.

“Nope, I need to go and fetch Mina. I promised her that I will accompany her and Eunjungin their shopping this afternoon. In fact she just texted me now asking what time I’m coming.” Junki explained.

Hongki then hugged Junki and said, “I’m so happy you came hyung. Thanks for your big help.”

“No worries. I’m happy to help. Go inside. Your brother is waiting for you. I told Jonghyun my plan today and he said he too wants to talk to you.” Junki informed Hongki.

“Understood. Thank you again hyung.” Hongki finally went inside the studio and Junki texted his wife that he’s on his way to pick them up.

 

 

A/N: PLEASE PROCEED TO PART TWO...