At the Park Finally

The LEE Family

 

“WHHAAAATTTTT?” Hongki shouted on top of his lungs. “You know that I love you right?” He asked.

“Oh yes I do. You’re head over heels in love with me Lee Hongki. I know that for a fact.” Shinhye answered.

“And I know that you love me too. Don’t even think of lying ‘coz I’ll just know it.” Hongki insisted. Shinhye stayed silent.

“Yah Park Shinhye, answer me right now, do you love me or not?” Hongki asked.

“You know that I do.” Shinhye then stood up. Hongki smiled but it was lost when he heard Shinhye’s next statement, “Of course I do. You’re my bestfriend after all.”

Hongki began to whine like a baby and Shinhye can’t help but laugh at him. Hongki then stepped forward and he was so close to Shinhye that she can feel his breath. She can even hear heartbeats, she’s just not sure if it’s hers or Hongkis.

She began to step backward. Hongki again stepped forward. She stepped backward again. He again stepped forward. She stepped backward again but this time hit the swing and she almost lost her balance but luckily Hongki was able to hold on to her and avoided the fall.

They were so close now. They were both staring at each other then Hongki shifted his gaze to her lips. Shinhye wanted to nothing else but to seal Hongki’s lips with hers but she was a girl on a mission and she can’t have him kissing her… just yet.

 Only one more centimetre and Hongki will be able to finally kiss her but then he felt her pushing him away from her. He shifted his confused eyes to hers and saw that she was quite determined in pushing him away. He then released her and Shinhye almost regretted her decision seeing Hongki got hurt with her sudden actions but she doesn’t have the guts to falter now.

Hongki stood in front of her confused. She was blushing and out of breath, a sign that she’s also affected with him. But why does she keep on refusing him? Hongki knew he needed to get to the bottom of things. He need to understand what’s happening or else he’ll get crazy.

“Don’t you love me anymore?” He asked with raw emotions.

It pains Shinhye to see him like that. She only wants him smiling, laughing and being his bubbly self. But she needs to do it. There’s no other way. She then took a deep breath.

“I know you know the answer to that question but I can’t say it to you right now.” Shinhye said making Hongki confused more than ever.

“I’m sorry. I’m quite stupid. I can’t understand you.” He said.

“I need you to do something for me first.” She said.

“You mean I need to prove to you how I love you first?” He asked.

“Not really but that would be nice.” She said shyly.

But Hongki was being his impatient self. “Don’t worry about that, I’ll show it to you everyday of your life but what is it that I need to do first?” He asked.

“I need you to let me go…”

“Let you go?” Hongki interrupted. “NEVER. I won’t make the same mistake. I’m not letting you go ever again. You are mine and I am yours. I’m not buying that ‘I want to grow as an actress’ thingy. I’m the most complicated person in the world. I have more personality in me that all those idols in Korea combined. Putting up with my moods will be a good training for your acting. I won’t hinder you from your work. When you need to kiss someone in your drama, I won’t make a fuss of it as long as I will be able to kiss you at the end of the day. I’ll be the most understanding boyfriend (and husband eventually) in the whole world. If you want me to ignore my fans, I will, just please don’t ever tell me to let you go again. I can’t live without you anymore.” Hongki begged.

Shinhye was so moved with Hongki that she threw herself to him and kissed him fully on the lips. Hongki was shocked with her sudden attack but then smiled and kissed her back. He was about to take it to the next level when she suddenly pulled away from him and started apologizing.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t supposed to do that.” She said but he immediately hugged her and said, “Oh believe me, you don’t need to be sorry. I’m also more than willing to be your kissing practice partner. Actually I demand to be your only kissing practice partner.” He said all smiles.

“Yah Lee Hongki! Don’t confuse me. I’m a girl on a mission here.” She said freeing herself from him. “And don’t interrupt me while I’m talking.” She demanded.

Hongki was shocked to hear the ‘girl on a mission’ phrase. He was more than ever interested now. “Fine. Go ahead. Talk. I won’t interrupt.”

Shinhye took a deep breath and said, “I need you to let me go…” Hongki was about to interrupt but Shinhye gave him a warning look and immediately Hongki shut himself up.

“I need you to let me go away for a month without any communications or whatsoever...” She said.

“NO! N. O.! I. WILL. NOT. LET. YOU. GO. EVER. AGAIN.” He said with much emphasis interrupting her again.

Shinhye was getting annoyed since Hongki kept on interrupting her. “Then if you can’t let me go, I won’t ever be yours.” She threatened.

Hongki was taken aback. “Isn’t this past few months a lesson learned that we can’t live without each other? Do you want to suffer the same pain again? Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really hate me?” He asked sorrowfully.

Shinhye was panicking. She knew it will be hard for Hongki to understand especially since he kept on interrupting her. She knew it’s not an easy ordeal but she must do it or else she will regret everything.

“Hongkiya, I need to know if you can let me go. Just one month is all I’m asking. Please let me go. After that, I promise I’m all yours.” She begged.

“You’re asking me the same thing again. Even though you’re not saying it, I know that you love me. I know you feel the same way too. You even agreed that you’ll be mine after a month. Why wait a month? Why do I need to let you go again?” He asked.

“Because, my drama department chose me to have a one-month training in America with Hollywood actors and actresses.” She said and then started counting for she knows that when she reaches three Hongki will have a change of heart and she was right. Hongki suddenly beamed.

“They chose you? Really?” She nods.

“Yoona also applied for that slot. You got chosen instead?” She again nodded.

Hongki then hugged her. “I’m so proud of you. I knew it. You’re really the best in your department. Don’t tell Jonghyun that, he’ll kill me, but still I know you will win. I’ve always known that you’ll make it.”

Hongki was genuinely happy but then he remembered that they won’t be able to communicate in one month. He suddenly released her making her confused.

“But why can’t I communicate with you? I can just call once a day or even send you sms or emails. We can chat or…”

“That’s just it. We can’t do all of those things. Truth of the matter is, Yoona was also chosen to go. We were both chosen but when she saw the rules of the training, she decided that she doesn’t want to go since ‘she can’t live without talking to Jonghyun for a day.’”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, the rules states that we aren’t allowed to bring any electronics on the camp. No cellphones, no laptops, not tablets, nothing. It’s an old school intensive drama training that they don’t want any interruptions to happen so they made that rule.”

“Then why did you say that I need to let you go first before you tell me that you love me?”

Shinhye then looked at Hongki and said, “Will you let me go? For just one month?”

Hongki stared back and smiled. “Of course I will. This is a very good opportunity for you. I hate the fact that I won’t be able to see or even talk to you for a month but as I’ve promised you earlier, I won’t hinder you with your craft.”

Shinhye then gave him her most beautiful smile and pulled him and kissed him on the lips. Hongki was again confused with the sudden change. He slowly deepen his kiss and much to his happiness she even responded and let the kiss get deeper even get a little bit out of hand. Hongki remembered that they were in a public place, though deserted since it’s almost midnight but still someone might just come and see them so he slowly ended their kiss.

He smiled at her and she smiled back then said, “I love you Lee Hongki.”

Hongki then jumped so high and shouted on top of his lungs. Then he suddenly stopped realizing that Shinhye really didn’t answer his last question. As if reading his expression Shinhye then said, “I didn’t want to tell you I love you until you haven’t gave me your permission because in my weird way of thinking, telling you “I love you” means that I’m officially your girlfriend and I know that whatever your decision, even if it’s against what I want, I’d do it for you.”

“So?” Hongki said still not getting her point. “You didn’t think I’d let you go?”

“Actually I thought you won’t let me. A part of me was even hoping that you won’t let me go.” Shinhye confessed.

“Don’t you want to go?” He asked.

“Coming here earlier, my original plan was to just say that I’m leaving. I wasn’t really expecting things to develop this way. I was really convinced that I’m going. But when I realized that you want me to be your girlfriend, I wavered. I didn’t want to go anymore. I finally understood Yoona. I too don’t want to let you go ever again but I want to go. I need to go. I know the importance of this training in my career, so I knew I needed you to let me go first before I commit myself to you. I knew that if you prevented me from going, I’ll just not go but surely I will regret it in the future and it may even be the reason for our frequent fights in the future and I don’t want that. Do you understand me now?” She asked.

Hongki then signalled her to come closer and she did. He pulled her to him and hugged her and caressed her hair. “Did you know that you almost made me crazy earlier? You kept me hanging in the air. I thought I would lose my mind. I was so confused. I know and feel that you love me but thinking that you want me to let you go again made me so mad. You should’ve told me right away to let you go because of a training and I would’ve agreed right then and there.”

“Because you kept on interrupting me.” Shinhye exclaimed. Hongki then placed his finger in her lips silencing her. “I just need to hear that you love me and that you’re mine now. Not after your training but now. I’ll wait for you here and I trust that you’ll come back to me. We’ve wasted years of our lives and I don’t want to waste anything anymore. You being gone for a month without any communication will probably make me go crazily mad but you’re promise of coming back to me will be the only thing that will make me cling to my sanity.”

“Okay fine. I’m yours and you’re mine. I love you and you’re really the best boyfriend in the world.” Shinhye said.

“I know I’m just awesome right? And don’t forget, I’m also you’re future husband.” Shinhye was about to protest but Hongki silenced her once again but now with another kiss.

 

A/N: Finally! Hongki's story is done. It took me nearly three months to think about the plot and how to write it. The story came to my mind just last night and decided to finish it one shot before I lost the story in my head again.

I know some of you doesn't want Hongki and Shinhye to end up together, for they prefer the other girls but Shinhye won. I'm not disappointed but their story was harder to tell since I made them very complicated in the earlier chapters. I'm quite satisfied with their ending but at the same time I'm very nervous if you guys will buy it.

Some will even say that she's an easy girl since she got herself another boyfriend in a span of one month after she broke up with her boyfriend but I just want to point out that she didn't stopped loving him. She tried so hard to suppress it but in the end she realized her mistake and finally let Wonbin go.

Please don't judge her. They just love each other and finally they're together. 

Honestly, I was more excited to write the other stories with the other girls but it was my fate to write about Hongki and Shinhye. Maybe I'll pair up Hongki with one of those three girls in Cupids instead.

I think i only have one more chapter in this fic and I'll be ending it. I hope to write it soon. Maybe the setting will be after Shinhye came back from US. Please do leave your comments if your disappointed or not... I promise I won't get hurt if you criticize this chapter. It only means that you're concerned about me and you want me to improve. I promise I will take note of every suggestions and comments.

Till the last chapter chingus. Thank you for all your support in this fic so far...