Intro to love 101

The LEE Family

 

“It’s Shinhye hyung.” Hongki finally admitted to Junki. Junki then laughed out loud that made Eunjung appear out of nowhere to shush him since the baby was already sleeping. Junki apologized and began pulling Hongki out of the room as soon as Eunjung took the baby from him. Much to the amazement of people around them, they can only but watch Junki drag Hongki outside the house.

As soon as the two men settled themselves at the balcony, Junki again laughed so hard as if continuing his laughter earlier. Hongki was very annoyed with Junki’s reaction that he said, “I’m so glad you’re finding my situation very amusing hyung because I don’t.”

Junki then realized that Hongki was very upset and decided to stop. He then took a deep breath to calm himself and looked at Hongki.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t laugh to insult you or laugh at you. It’s just that I’ve known since you were kids that you are madly in love with Shinhye and it took you forever to realize your feelings.” Junki tried to explain.

“That’s where you’re wrong hyung. I’ve known about my feelings for quite sometime now and everyone even knows about it.” Hongki said sadly.

“What do you mean? Everyone? Even Shinhye knows about your feelings?” Junki ask and Hongki nods in response.

“If that is the case, why are you two still not together because I can see that Shinhye likes you too.” Junki was now genuinely amused. He knew the feelings both Shinhye and Hongki have for each other. He’s been seeing it everytime he went to visit the kids. He knew that Hongki only has eyes for Shinhye and vice versa and that is the reason why he can’t understand what Hongki was saying.

“No hyung. She doesn’t just like me. She loves me and not that friendly kind of way.” Hongki clarified and Junki became more confused.

Junki then stood up as if pondering with Hongki’s last words. “You mean, you two are both in-love with each other, and you both know about it and still you two are not together? What’s wrong with this picture?” He asked the younger man.

Hongki began telling Junki about that night when he and Shinhye talked about their feelings. The older man was so intent on his listening that he didn’t noticed when Jonghyun joined them. He was even a bit shocked when Jonghyun suddenly said, “I even told Hongki that he was stupid for letting Shinhye out of his grasp.”

“Yah! Where did you come from?” Junki asked Jonghyun. “I thought you were with your girlfriend?” He added.

“She went home with Minhwan. She told me I don’t need to bring her home since she thinks I should be here to tell you what’s happening with this stupid brother of mine.” Jonghyun told Junki.

Junki again looked at Hongki and said, “Let me get this straight. You love her, she loves you, you let her go because she thinks that both of you will suffocate each other and that she wants to experience more of life to help her with her acting, then a week after, she’s the girlfriend of Oh Wonbin the singer?”

Hongki and Jonghyun nodded at the same time.

“You really are stupid Lee Hongki. I’m ashamed that we are sharing the same family name.” Junki disappointedly said.

“And why is that hyung? She was right. I am a very possessive person and I won’t be able to help her grow.” Hongki explained.

“That’s where you’re wrong. Being in love doesn’t mean that you will not grow. When you love someone, you experience joy, sadness, humiliation, disappointment, and a lot more. What’s fun is growing up with the person you love. I think she was just scared since you’re such a heartthrob that she’d get jealous and that the two of you will always fight. As lame as it is, most of the reasons women turn down handsome guys is because they’re scared of getting hurt.

“Being possessive is part of a relationship. You don’t want to share your guy because you just want him for yourself but since the job that both of you are trying to pursue involves a lot of people and even fans, it’s when you two should grow and accept the reality around you. Let me ask you this, when the time comes that she needs to act love with someone else during a drama, will you get jealous with her leading man?”

Hongki thought about it and slowly nodded. “I think I will be but I already planned to not watch her doing those kinds of acting for me not to fight with her. I will accept it even if it will hurt me.”

“Do you think she’d understand when your fans will kiss you all of a sudden?” Junki asked.

“Maybe? I don’t know. But hyung that’s not my main problem. I can’t be with her because she’s in a relationship now with Wonbin and he’s also a friend of mine.”

Just then Jonghyun stood up behind Hongki and patted his shoulders. “Actually, they’ve broken up last month.” He told Hongki who immediately stood up from his seat and pulled Jonghyun’s collar.

“And why are you telling me just now? I’ve been torturing myself for ages and you didn’t even shown me pity. If only I have known, I wouldn’t have asked hyung’s help. Why didn’t you tell me?” Hongki insisted.

Jonghyun slowly pulled Hongki’s hand to release his collars and gave his brother his signature smile, “Because I too didn’t know about it. Yoona just told me this today and that is the reason why she asked me to join you and hyung. To tell you the news. It seems that Shinhye doesn’t know how to tell you that she broke up with Wonbin or if she needs to tell you about it. She even begged Yoona not to tell you, I just don’t know why.” Jonghyun explained.

“I’m her best friend. We are her best friends. Why can’t she tell us? But why did they broke up? What did Wonbin do now?” Hongki asked.

“About that. I think you should ask Shinhye why and not me. Though I know something about it, but I still think that you should ask her about it.” Jonghyun explained.

Just then Hongki took out his phone and dialled Shinhye’s number. After three rings, Shinhye answered and said, “Yah Hongkiya, it’s good you called. I’ve been meaning to call you too. Can we meet let’s say tomorrow?” Junki vaguely heard Shinhye said it on the phone.

“I’m free right now. Meet me at the playground in one hour. I’ll wait for you there. We really need to talk.” Hongki told her. Without even waiting for her reply he ended the call and immediately went inside the house leaving Junki and Jonghyun.

Junki then looked at Jonghyun and asked, “Can you tell me why they broke up?”

Jonghyun then smiled at his hyung and said, “Wonbin and Shinhye broke up because…”

 

A/N: No worries. The next chapter is already finished. Just click on the next chapter people...