Trouble in Paradise

The LEE Family

"Now what will I do?" Yoona asked her boyfriend who was tinkering with his guitar.

Jonghyun then put down his guitar and tapped his bed inviting her to sit beside him. Yoona automatically obeyed him out of habit but still her mind was reeling with her current dilemna. Jonghyun seeing how restless she has been for the past two days pitied her, hugged her, pulled her head to rest on his chest and pat her back. "Can you please tell me now what's been bothering you for the past two days?" He had given her enough time to tell him but still somehow Yoona kept everything to herself and this is a first to her.

Yoona hearing his words reciprocated his hug but her embrace was much too tighter than his that even made him groan out of pain. "Ouch! That's too tight. Just tell me what's wrong. Did you cheat on me? Did someone kissed you and your scared that I'd kill that person?" Jonghyun said as he tried to free himself from her but she still held on him tightly and soon he gave up and went back to hugging her.

After a while, Yoona took a very deep breath and Jonghyun braced himself for what she will tell him. "I don't know what to do. She's my friend, he's my friend and I've come to like her like a dongsaeng now. I'm confused. I don't know which side I'll take. I've missed her but taking her side means betraying her plus the fact that I don't know which one he really likes. I know he's in love with her but they had a past and she's pretty important to him." She went on and on and on making Jonghyun more confused than ever. He then freed himself from her embrace and she finally stopped and he then looked at her eyes and smiled his one thousand watts smile. She too smiled and felt her heart beat so hard that it almost fell from her chest.

"Can you please put names on this litany of yours. I still can't understand anything. I guess, this story has two girls involved and a boy who's suppose to choose between them? Am I right?" Jonghyun asked and Yoona nodded. "Can I know the names of this three persons now?"

"Nicole, Jaejin and Suzy." Yoona answered.

Jonghyun's eyes bulged and leaned backward away from her. "Now that makes so much sense. I gather, Nicole approached you to help her get my brother back but you also like Suzy for Jaejin and your now confused on what to do? Am I right or am I right?"

Yoona again nodded and then pulled her hair as if getting crazy. "What do you think I should do? Should I help her?"

Jonghyun then took his phone and dialled a number. Yoona looked at him in confusion. Who is he calling when she's asking for his help. She looked at him inquiringly but he just held a finger telling her to wait.

"Hyung! Where are you?... Are you with Seohyun now?... Can we meet? I think my girl needs to talk with your girl and I think they will need our help?... Really? You've been meaning to call me too?... It's about that too?... Okay, let's meet in half an hour in the playground. See you there…"

He then hang up and said, "I guess you're not the only one having this dilemna. It seems that Nicole has approached Seohyun too and asked her help. Shall we go now. They'll be there soon." Jonghyun then stood up and offered his hand to Yoona who took it and her bag and soon they were off.

 

Jonghyun and Yonghwa were suddenly out of place as soon as the two girls saw each other. The boys can't seem to know who to listen to because both of their girlfriends were talking at the same time and the wonder of it is that both seem to understand each other. Looking at each other both just decided to sit beside their girl and tried to follow the flow of their conversation.

Soon Yonghwa can't take it any longer. He put his fingers in his mouth and produced a very loud whistle making the two girls stop from their non-stop talking. Seohyun glared at him while Yoona gaped at him. Jonghyun can't help but laugh which earned him a punch in his stomach courtesy by his girlfriend.

"You two should learn to talk alternately. It's very confusing and I don't think you'll be able to resolve anything by talking continously." Yonghwa blurted. "I also think that you two should think what is important, Jaejin's relationship to Suzy or Jaejin's relationship with Nicole? Which girl deserves him more but most importantly, who does Jaejin wants to be with?" He added.

"Hyung's right. Don't you think my brother deserves to decide to choose?" Jonghyun finally said.

"That's the thing oppa. Nicole knows Jaejin way better than any of us. She knows that he's not the type to just forget something, especially if that something was a very important part of his life. She knows that if there is someone who has a chance of taking him away from his current girlfriend, it is her. What they shared before was very special. I believe that if ever they were able to make their relationship official, Suzy won't be in the picture right now." Seohyun then looked at Yoona who confirmed her idea by nodding.

"What do you think Jonghyun? Jaejin IS your brother." Yonghwa then asked.

"Honestly?" He asked and everyone nodded. "I'm not just Jaejin's brother. I'm also Jieun's oppa and Suzy is her bestfriend. Just a few nights ago, Jieun hit Jaejin in the head when she thought that Jaejin was waivering. She got so mad that she shouted at him in front of all of us. So if you girls decided to help Nicole, I'm telling you now, I'm not helping you in any way. Though I love you Yoona and I will do anything for you, you do know that I love my sister too and betraying her is not something I'll do even for you but I also know that you will never let me do that too.

"But honestly speaking, I too like Nicole and I also know that she has a very witty mind. I know she asked you Seohyun because she knows that your closest to Jaejin and I also know that she approached you Yoona because she thinks that you she can have my help too through you. I wouldn't be surprised if she even approached IU since she's Jaejin's favorite sibling. But since you know my stand, I do hope that you two will do what is best for my brother. And a piece of advice. I think you two should talk with Jaejin. You're the only two people who can make him confess what he really feels in this matter." Jonghyun said with finality.

"But is it a good idea to talk to Jaejin before we decide if we should help Nicole or not?" Yoona asked.

Seohyun then remembered something. "I think Jaejin will know it even before we tell him." She said.

"What do you mean Hyun?" Yonghwa asked.

"Knowing Nicole, she'll just tell it to him herself."

 

True enough to Seohyun's prediction, that day Jaejin received a call from Nicole.

"Hello?" Jaejin said as he answered his phone. "Who's this?"

"Yah Jinnie, it's me Nicole. What are you doing right now?"

"Right now? Nothing. Just lazing around the house."

"You're not with your girlfriend?"

"Nope, she has club activities in school with Jieun."

"Since your just lazing around, why don't we meet? It's been a long time since the two of us have spent time together."

Jaejin heard the warning bells in his head. He knew that if ever he agreed with Nicole, trouble will come between him and Suzy.

"What about it Jaejin? Or are you scared that your girlfriend will get mad at you?" Nicole taunted him.

"That's true, she'll really get mad so I'll just call her first and then I'll call you if it's okay." Jaejin answered shocking Nicole with his honesty.

"Okay. Bye." Nicole hangs up.

Jaejin then typed an SMS to Suzy. "Nicole invited me to go out. She said she wants to talk. Is it okay with you?" He then pressed send.

He waited for her to answer. He was getting worried because it's very unusual for Suzy to reply late. His phone then beeped. He immediately took it and read the message. It was from Suzy. "Thanks for telling me. It's up to you if you want to go or not."

Reading the message made Jaejin worried. He knew Suzy doesn't want him to go but he also knew that deep inside he really wants to meet with Nicole. He really does miss her company so inspite of the warning bells in his head he decided to meet with Nicole so he again texted Suzy, "Okay. I'll go meet with Nicole. I'll just see you tonight. I'll go to your house after I talk with her. Wait for me okay?" He send it hoping she'll be appeased.

Then his phone beeped again. "I'll be busy tonight Oppa. No need to come."

Warning bells were getting louder but still he decided to ignore them. He then called Nicole.

"Hello Jaejin? What did your girlfriend said?" Nicole said as soon as she answered her phone.

"Where do you want to meet?" He said.

"Ice cream shop where we always go?"

"Okay. Meet you there in fifteen?"

"Great!"

Jaejin admitted that he's excited that he's finally able to meet with Nicole alone. He thought he was feeling that because he just missed an old important friend. He almost ran to the Ice Cream Shop because he's very eager to see her. And in that moment, he forgot all those warning bells in his head.

 

When Jaejin arrived at the shop, Nicole was already there waiting for him. As soon as she saw him, she immediately stood up and ran to him and gave him a very, very tight hug. Jaejin was taken aback but he was so overwhelmed and surprised that he wasn't able to react. Nicole then released him and took his hand and dragged him to their table.

The two then began to talk about everything that happened when they were apart. Nicole told him about her adventures in the US while he told her about his band and music. Time flies when you're enjoying your company and this is what happened to them. Without realizing it, the two noticed that the shop is already closing. They both stood up and Jaejin decided to bring Nicole home since it's getting dark. Their conversation continued all throughout their walk.

"Thanks for meeting up with me." Nicole said as they reached the door in her house.

"No problem. I really missed talking with you." Jaejin said with a smile.

"Me too. How I've waited for this time to happen." Nicole confessed.

"But why didn't you tell me that you were leaving?" Jaejin finally asked the million dollar question.

Nicole then looked at him and touched his cheeks, "Because until the last moment, I was hoping that my parents will let me stay here. But I failed and I still went with them. I'm really sorry for not telling you."

Jaejin then held the hand that touched his cheek. "It's okay. It's a long time ago."

"No it's not okay. If I haven't left, you and I will still be together."

Jaejin again heard the bells and now decided to notice them. He then stepped back and released her hand. "Nicole, I'm with Suzy now." He reminded her.

Nicole then took a step towards him and took that hand that just held her hand. "Be honest with me. Do you think we could still be together now if we were able to become official and if I was able to warn you that we were leaving?"

Jaejin again freed his hand and took another step backward. "I honestly don't know but I do know that I'm in love with Suzy now."

Nicole then took two steps forward and now they were closer than ever. She then tiptoed and kissed his cheeks. "But feelings change. Just like how you changed from me to her, it can change back from her to me. Know this Lee Jaejin, I'm still in love you and I'm here to take you back." With that Nicole slowly walked back to her house and Jaejin just stood there watching her.

When Nicole was finally on the other side of her front door, Jaejin began to walk back to his house. He remembered his cellphone and checked if Suzy texted him. He was shocked to see that he had 27 missed calls. 20 from his sister and 7 from Minhwan. He checked further and saw three text messages and all came from IU.

The first one was, "Where are you?"

The second was, "Are you really with Nicole unnie? Why are you not answering your phone?"

And the last one was, "STUPID OPPA! REALLY, REALLY STUPID! YOU PROMISED YOU WILL NOT MAKE HER CRY AND YOU BROKE THAT PROMISE! I HATE YOU OPPA!"

Finally the warning bells came through. Jaejin began to panic. He called Suzy's phone but it was turned off. He tried calling his sister and she's not answering his calls. He tried calling Minhwan but his phone was turned off too. Finally he called Shinhye.

"Jaejin-ah, why did you call?" Shinhye asked.

"Noona, where are you right now?"

"I'm with Wonbin. Date night. Why? Anything wrong?"

"Really? I thought you were home. I was calling Suzy but her phone was turned off."

"Didn't she tell you?"

"Tell me what noona?"

"She called me earlier telling me that she's going on a vacation."

"What do you mean by vacation noona?"

"She really didn't tell you?"

"She didn't tell me anything."

"Are you guys having a fight?"

"No we're not… I don't think we are. Just tell me noona, where is she? What do you mean by vacation?"

"She's going to Japan for a week to her brother. I thought she told you. I guess I was wrong."

"Japan? Really?"

"Jaejin, what's going on?"

"Noona, it's not the right time to talk. You're out on a date. I don't want to bother you guys. Thanks for the information." He then hang up.

He ran as fast as he could to their house. As soon as he entered the house, Hongki's welcoming words were, "Don't even bother going to her right now. She told everyone here that she hates you and I'm her favorite oppa now." Hongki said shrugging his shoulders.

Eunjung then came to him and handed him a letter. "This is for you. I think it's from Suzy."

Jaejin thanked her and went to his room. He sat down on his bed and immediately opened the letter.

 

Jaejin Oppa,

By the time your reading this letter I might be on my way to Japan. I know I'm acting very childish now but I do believe that my reasons are valid. You didn't believed me when I told you that Nicole looked down on me and I was hurt because of that. When I asked you what you'd do if she tells you she wants you back, you didn't answer me. When you texted earlier asking if it's okay if you can go to her, I gave you the right to decide hoping you'd turn her down but I guess you really missed her and still went to her. I know it's my fault for not telling you what I feel but I also know that you're not stupid and you can read between the lines but I guess you've decided to ignore it.

I asked around about you two and everyone said that what you had with her was very special. I also know that you are the reason why she came back. She wants you back and she even asked IU to help her win you back. I know that you weren't able to really close her chapter in your life and everything seems to be hanging with both of you. I'll be away for two weeks, please take this time to think what you really want, who you really want.

My flight will leave by 7 pm. I do hope that I'd hear from you before my plane leaves because I've decided to stay silent as long as I'm in Japan. I know I'm being a coward. You may even think why I'm not fighting for you. I do love you oppa. Never doubt that. I love you very much and this is why I'm doing this. I know I'm at disadvantage since she's there and I'm not. But you have to realize what you really feel for her without me in the picture.

I hope to come back to you in two weeks. I love you oppa. I hope I'm the one you really love too.

Suzy

 

Jaejin then shouted so loud that everyone in the house heard him and even made the twins cry. He stood up and went to IU's room. He checked if the door was open and was shocked that it was. He then knocked and decided to go in when he didn't hear her say anything but as soon as he entered the door, a pillow was thrown in his head. He didn't even got mad even if it hurts because he knew he deserved it. He then looked at her sister whose eyes were puffy from too much crying. He picked up the pillow and slowly went to her bed and sat on it.

"I really hate you right now oppa." IU finally said.

"I know."

"She was crying until she boarded the plane. She was waiting for your call. I was there with her in the airport. I tried calling you but you were not answering your phone. She knew I was calling you and it added to her pain that you're even ignoring my calls, that you were so lost in your own world with Nicole unnie. I even used Minhwan's phone when my battery dried out but still you didn't answer it. She was so sad when she was walking away from us. It's your fault oppa if my friend decided to stay there for good."

"She'll come back."

"What made you think so?"

"She said it in her letter."

"She's lying."

"What do you mean?"

"Her oppa wants her to study in Japan. He's actually convincing her now to stay there. She didn't tell you before because she knew she wants to stay where you are but now that you're preoccupied with someone else, she might not come back and I will lost my best friend and I will forever hate my favorite oppa and I don't want that to happen." IU began crying again.

"Oppa, tell me the truth, do you still have feelings for Nicole unnie?"

Jaejin thought about it and hesitated in answering his sister. "You're waivering oppa. With just one date with unnie and you're waivering. I guess you really love her." IU then covered herself with her comforter and said, "I want to sleep now oppa. Please leave."

IU then turned her back to Jaejin and cried some more. Jaejin knew it's not yet time to talk to IU. She's too emotional and he doesn't want to have a fight with her so he decided to indulge her and left her room. He knew he needs to do something about his situation and so he went to the only person he knows who can help him.

 

A/N: Everythings out now and everyone knows everything. Should he go back to Nicole or should he stay with Suzy? Please don't hate Nicole, she's just someone fighting for what she wants. As for Suzy, this is her way of showing Jaejin she loves him. It's her weird version of "If you love someone, set him free. If he comes back to you it's meant to be." As for IU, she's a true friend to the end. Jonghyun showed us how he values his relationship with his sister and how he expects Yoona to respect it. Yongseo in the house!!! Too little of Hongki though. Maybe next chapter...

I really hope to hear from you guys. Please do give out comments. It's the only thing that makes me continue to write...