Weird Behaviours

The LEE Family

School has started a week and go and for some reason since it started, IU would always go home irritated about something. At first her oppas didn’t mind her but since it’s been almost two weeks of seeing her irritated face, they began to worry.

“She’s not even attending our gigs anymore.” Hongki said to Jaejin and Jonghyun.

“I know. And she never misses out. We had 2 gigs this week and she didn’t attend either one. Something is definitely wrong. Do you know anything about this?” Jonghyun asked Jaejin.

Jaejin who was the boyfriend of her sister’s bestfriend shrugged his shoulders. “No idea at all. I’ll ask Suzy. But why don’t we ask Minhwan?” So the boys turned their attention to their drummer who somehow has a silly smile on his face.

“Ya Minhwan! Come here, we need to ask you something.” Jonghyun called out.

Minhwan who has the silly smile plastered to his face, left his drumset and sat beside his hyungs. “What is it hyung?” He asked no one in particular.

“Is there something happening at your school that might upset Jieun?” Hongki asked.

Minhwan thought about it for a second the shook his head. “I don’t think so.”

“Yah! What kind of bestfriend are you? Didn’t you know that since school started, she’s always at a sour mood?” Jonghyun asked somehow getting irritated too.

“She does? Why? Is there something wrong with her?” Minhwan asked innocently.

“Yah! That’s what we’re asking you. Is she being bullied at school? I thought you will protect her?” Jaejin’s voice is obviously on a higher octave now.

“No one bullies her. As if I’d let that happen.” Minhwan said defensively.

“Then what is happening to her?” Hongki again asked the question.

“I really don’t know.  Why don’t you just ask her if something’s wrong?” Minhwan was getting alarmed with his hyungs attitude.

“Are you really Choi Minhwan? As if you don’t know our sister. She won’t tell us anything. Just be on the lookout at school and tell us as soon as possible when you find the reason.” Jaejin ordered.

Just then Yonghwa and Seohyun entered their studio and their practice started.

 

That evening after practice, Jaejin decided to stop by his girlfriend’s house. He wants to get to the bottom of IU’s weird behaviour and he knows that Suzy is the best  bet.

“Oppa!” Suzy came out of the door and threw herself at him. He momentarily forgot his mission and hugged his girlfriend tightly and gave her a sweet kiss. It’s been three days since they last met and he really missed her.

“I...missed...you.” He said in between kisses.

“I...missed...you...too.” She also said in between kisses. She again hugged him tight and soon let him go. “Don’t get me wrong. I really missed you and I thought I won’t be seeing you until the weekend since you’re so busy and all but why are you here?” She asked.

“Can we talk? I’m bothered about something.” Jaejin asked and Suzy just nodded. He held her hand and soon they were headed to their village’s playground.

As Suzy was sitting in one of the swings with Jaejin pushing her, he began to ask.

“Is there something wrong with Jieun?” He asked.

Suzy then stopped swinging and anxiously looked at her boyfriend. Jaejin realized that there really is something wrong with his sister and he began to worry. He sat on the swing beside her without breaking eye contact. “Spill it Suzy.” He said softly but firmly.

“Oppa...” She said with a tinge of desperation in her voice.

“Suzy? Don’t be like this. I’m really getting worried right now. Just spill it. What’s wrong with my baby sister?”

Jaejin observed the emotions playing at his girlfriend’s face. He knew she’s very troubled about something so he decided to just stare and wait. Suzy on the other hand knew that if she tells Jaejin what she thinks is wrong, he’d go berserk since he’s the closest to IU. But she also knew that look on Jaejin’s face. He won’t budge even if they stay there until the morning. So she gathered her courage and said, “I think she’s jealous.”

Jaejin was caught off-guard. His baby sister is jealous? Why?

“She has a boyfriend and she didn’t tell me?” Jaejin asked almost shouting.

“Oppa!” Suzy pleaded. “Not too loud. People might think we’re fighting.” She said while looking around them for some people were walking past them.

Jaejin then took three deep breaths and again asked in a more mellow but angry voice, “Who is her boyfriend? I want a name Suzy!”

“She doesn’t have a boyfriend.”

"She doesn't?"

"She doesn't."

"Then why is she being jealous? Who's causing her to be jealous?"

Long pause. Jaejin looked at Suzy. Suzy is thinking where she will start. Then she began.

"Oppa, remember when you were still in high school with us? Remember who's the most prettiest girl in school?" Suzy asked.

"Of course I do. You're the prettiest girl in school." Jaejin then smiled sweetly at her but Suzy was exasperated.

"Wrong question. Okay, who's the most popular girl in school then?" Suzy asked.

Jaejin began to think hard. For him, Suzy's definitely the prettiest girl, but he remembered there was one very popular girl. More popular than Suzy. He then looked at her and said, "Park Jiyeon? She just debuted and a member of Minkyung noona's group."

"Correct. And do you remember who she was dating then?" Suzy continued her questioning.

"If I remember it right, it's Yoo Seungho. He's one of the most sought after young actors today. Right?"

"Very good oppa. You know the latest in Korean Showbiz huh." Suzy tapped Jaejin's back.

"But what does it have to do with Jieun?" Jaejin asked.

"When school started, the biggest news in campus is the break-up of  Jiyeon and Seungho. And everyone was so shocked about it. Some said, they broke up because both of them were getting busy with their careers but I think that’s just for publicity sake.”

“Still? What does it have to do with my Jieun?” Jaejin again asked.

“Oppa, don’t interrupt me. I’m getting there.” Suzy glared at Jaejin and Jaejin made a zipper sign to his mouth. “I don’t know what really happened and what’s happening but somehow the day after the news broke out, Jiyeon suddenly pays too much attention with Minhwan.” Suzy then looked at Jaejin. “I think IU is jealous of the sudden closeness of Jiyeon and Minhwan.”

“Why would she be? Is she in love with Minhwan?” Jaejin asked and Suzy just shrugged her shoulders. “I can’t believe this.” Jaejin continued. “My baby sister is finally in love.”

 

Later that evening, Jaejin was welcomed home with the sight of the twin boys playing with the twin girls.

“Hyung, where are noona and Jangwoo hyung?” Jaejin asked.

“They went out on a date and left these two angels with us.” Jonghyun answered without looking at him for he was playing with the girls.

“I can’t believe noona left the two angels with two devils.” Jaejin answered and successfully avoided the pillow thrown by Hongki.

“I think I know the reason for our Jieun’s weird mood swings.” Jaejin informed the two and this got the twin boys undivided attention. Jaejin then sat in between the twin girls and began playing with them.

“Yah! Are you gonna tell us or not?” Hongki asked but just then IU came out from the kitchen and decided to join them in playing with the girls.

“Jieun-ah, how’s school?” Jaejin asked.

“Fine.” She answered back.

“Why are you in such a foul mood lately?” Hongki asked directly.

“I was? I didn’t notice I was like that.” IU answered without looking at him but she was obviously wearing a fake smile.

“You are. And we want to know why.” Jonghyun answered.

“Hongki oppa, you are such a bad person. How can you go from one girl to another just like that? Why do you treat women like they were just your clothes? Changing just like that!” Hongki and Jonghyun was both shocked with her sudden outburst but still she wasn’t done. “And as for you two,” She was now talking to the twin girls, “don’t be too trusting with what boys tell you. Be on your guard. Always look at Hongki oppa. Beware of guys like him. Though there is Jonghyun oppa and Jaejin oppa, there are still boys who are like Hongki oppa so beware. You might end up with someone like him. Beware!”

Just like that she stood up and stomped her way to her bedroom leaving the twin boys gaping at her. Moments after Jaejin found himself being stared at by his twin hyungs. “Now spill it!” Hongki ordered.

 

 The next day the FNC Band were quite surprised for they were visited by celebrities in their practice. Minkyung had brought her group to watch them practice much to the happiness of the boys and the annoyance of their girlfriends. Hongki immediately became more hyper than he usually is and began flirting with the girls while singing. Much to Yoona’s dismay, Jonghyun was flushed all the time and gave shy smiles. Yonghwa too starts to flirt with the girls but with just one look from Seohyun he decided not to. Jaejin, who’s the only one has his girlfriend in absentia was able to observe their little drummer boy exchange flirting glances with Jiyeon the maknae of the other group. He then looked at Minhwan accusingly and somehow the boy sensed his stare and began to concentrate more on his playing.

After the song ended, the boys decided to take a 5 minute break. Minkyung then introduced everyone for. Everyone gave their bows and soon started to converse with each other. The boys with girlfriends automatically went to their respective girls. Jaejin went near his bestfriends still observing. Soon most of Minkyung’s group left and only her and Jiyeon were left. The boys started their practice again and it seems that Jiyeon is just mixing well with Seohyun and Yoona.

Around the fifth song, the door to their studio opened and in came Suzy which automatically made Jaejin smile but was suddenly alarmed when he saw IU enter following Suzy. Suzy saw the change in Jaejin’s face and immediately scanned the room and saw Jiyeon. Jaejin saw the panic in her eyes and began to panic too and somehow missed two bars in his music which made everyone stop. The hyungs were starting to scold him but as soon as Hongki and Jonghyun saw IU, both too started to panic.

As if they were waiting for some bomb to explode, the Lee boys silently observed their baby sister. They saw her smile at them and they nervously smiled back at her which made her confused. She then looked around and finally saw Jiyeon who was still exchanging flirting glances with Minhwan. The boys then saw sadness in her eyes but were immediately replaced with understanding that her brothers know why she’s mad this whole time. But much to her brothers surprise, she stood facing them and said, “Now you know what I’m talking about!” then gave them a sweet smile and sat beside Jiyeon which made her brothers more confused.

Suzy who was frozen the whole time collected herself and went to Jaejin and kissed him. He kissed her back but he also whispered. “How the heck did you made her attend today?”

“We’ll talk later oppa.” Suzy smiled and joined the girls.

Yonghwa who was oblivious to his surroundings said, “Aish, Jaejin-ah, how long have you been with Suzy for you to still be awestruck everytime you see her?”

“Hyung, you don’t have any right. You’re just the same with Joohyun.” Jaejin answered back with a smile and soon the practice started again.

While the boys were playing, the girls began to talk.

“Jiyeon-ah, nice to see you here.” IU said. Suzy then looked at Yoona who is Jonghyun’s girlfriend and Seohyun who is Jaejin’s bestfriend. Obviously the two were already informed for the two were also openly observing the situation. Minkyung on the other hand was getting puzzled with the weird vibe in the room but just decided to observe more.

“Minkyung unnie brought me with her. She said she knows Minhwan and his group and invited me to come. Is it wrong if I came?” Jiyeon answered back. The girls noted the sarcasm in her voice and everyone looked at IU who just smiled at the other girl. “Of course it’s alright for you to come. You’ve met my brothers?” IU asked.

“Brothers? I thought you came here to watch Minhwan.” Jiyeon obviously didn’t know anything about the boys. IU then looked at boys and said, “The main vocalist, the lead guitarist and the bassist are all my brothers.” She said proudly. “Aren’t they all handsome?”

“Of course. Everyone in the band’s good looking. But I think the drummers the best. He’s so hot!” Jiyeon answered back. Suzy began to fidget. Yoona was trying to control herself and Seohyun just remained as her sweet calm self. Minkyung was still observing.

“Minhwan? Really? You find him hot? What about Seungho? Who’s hotter?” IU again asked.

“Seungho? Yoo Seungho? Oh he’s okay. He’s not as buff as Minhwan though.” Jiyeon answered.

Just then IU’s phone began to ring. “Hello?... Seungho-ssi!...I’m at my brother’s band practice...Really?... You’re coming here?...Right now?...Okay. No need to come inside. Just wait for me at the parking lot... Okay... Bye.”

Everyone was alternately looking at the two girls. Obviously Jiyeon was affected with the phone call and was fuming mad. Just then the song ended and IU stood up. She went to her brothers and kissed them all then said, “I’m leaving now. Someone’s picking me up.”

“Who?” Jaejin asked.

“Yoo Seungho.” With that, IU left everyone. The girls looked at Jiyeon while the boys looked at Minhwan who was turning red as a tomato.

“Yoo Seungho the actor?” Yonghwa asked. Jaejin nodded. Yonghwa then called after IU, “Way to go Jieun-ah! Enjoy your date!” Then he looked at Minhwan, “You missed out big time man.” He said still oblivious with his surroundings.

 

A/N: Hi everyone! This chapter was very hard to write. It's a bit confusing but I hope you'd understand it. I hope I would be able to write the next chapter soon so that the story will become clearer.

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and commented. I love you all. I do hope I'd get your opinions on this chapter...