The Showdown

The LEE Family

Warning: This is the longest chapter so far. Be warned.

 

The day of the showdown finally came. FnC Band is getting more nervous by the second. They knew it's a long shot to win but still they're giving their best. For the first part of the concert, they will be playing their favorite song and then after the softer/slower song. FnC boys will go first then Blue Island will play next. For the second part of the concert was supposed to be the solos but they changed it to intermission numbers instead. It was agreed upon the both groups will perform two songs each. Then for the last part of the concert, the first song will be the surprise song and the last song will be the fast one.

As people enter the concert hall, fans began chanting the name of their favourite band. Backstage, several idols began visiting Blue Island which makes FnC Band more nervous. 2PM and 2AM from JYP visited with their president. They will be the half of the people who are knowledgeable with music who comes as judges. The other half are professors and national artists that were graduates where the FnC studies.

Soon FnC band were told to prepare for the concert will be starting in 10 minutes. The boys then prayed for guidance as a group and finally walk towards the stage.

 

Suddenly everything went black. The fans began to scream. The a single light appear behind the audience and slowly it made way towards the stage and stopped when it hit Minhwan. Minhwan began to play the drums and the fans shouted on top of their lungs. Another light was by the further left side of the hall and too went its way towards the stage and stopped when it hit Jaejin who immediately began playing the bass guitar. On the further right side of the stage the another spotlight was and it too soon reached the stage where Jonghyun stands and another light came again from the back and went towards the stage and stopped at Yonghwa. Everyone was showing off their skills and by the look on their faces you'd know they're enjoying it. Then after 2 minutes of jamming, the song ended and again the lights were turned off.

"Eotoriya, eotoriya." The crowd went wild. "Eotoriya, eotoriya." The as if all available lights were and the band began to play. As the introduction's being played Hongki who was riding a lift slowly appeared in the stage and everyone got crazier than ever. He then began to sing.

"Bwabwa nareul bwabwa ttokbaro nae du nuneul bwa
Geobwa imi neoneun ddan goseul bogo isseo
Check it one two three sigyebaneulman chyeoda boneun gae
Mal an haedo dareun saram saenggingeol ara."

Yonghwa then rapped:

"Jojeum neon na anin dareun saramgwa mannami jatdeora
Ijeneun meonjeo jeonhwado geolji andeora
Narang isseul ttaeneun haruga chorado neon nae apeseo yojeum haneulman bodeora
Oh~ I know your mind imi neowa naui geori
meoreojin geurigo beoreojin namboda motan uri sai"

Hongki:

"Oetoriya oetoriya ddaribiriddaradu~

oetoriya oetoriya ddaribiriddaradu~
oetoriya oetoriya sarange seulpeohago

sarange nunmuljitneun oetori

"Sad sad sad sad sad sad sad tonight gaseumi apa
Oh no no no no no body knows mam molla
one two three four five six seven night su manheun bameul

seumyeo nareul dallaego isseo"

Yonghwa:

"Charari dareun saram saenggyeotdago naega sirheumyeon sirtago
charari soljikhage malhaejwotdamyeon nan neoreul jukdorok miwohajin anhasseul tende"

Hongki:

"Check it one two three ne mareul doesaegyeo bwado irijeori dulleodaeneun geojitmariya"

"Oetoriya oetoriya ddaribiriddaradu~

oetoriya oetoriya ddaribiriddaradu~
oetoriya oetoriya sarange seulpeohago

sarange nunmuljitneun oetori
"Sad sad sad sad sad sad sad tonight gaseumi apa
Oh no no no no no body knows mam molla
one two three four five six seven night su manheun bameul

seumyeo nareul dallaego isseo"

Hongki:

sarangi gane sarangi ddeonane

Yonghwa:

han sarameul geurigo han sarangeul naegeneun iksukhaetdeon modeun geotdeureul)

Hongki:

i bami gamyeon neol jiwoyagetji

Yonghwa:

"geurae na eokjirorado neoreul jiwoyagetji nal beorin neol saenggakhamyeon geuraeyagetji
Gone Gone my love is gone"

Hongki:
"Oetoriya oetoriya daridiridara du~ oetoriya oetoriya ddaribiriddaradu~
oetoriya oetoriya sarange apahago sarangeul gidarineun oetori
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad tonight kkum igil wonhae
Oh no no no no no body knows nal molla
one two three four five six seven night su manheun bameul seumyeo nunmul heulligo isseo"

The crowd erupted. Everyone was singing with them. Hongki sang and Yonghwa rapped. As the song ended, they their judges who were sitting at the balcony giving them a standing ovation and it warmed their hearts.

"Thank you everyone for coming tonight. As you all know this is a joint concert with the Idol Band Blue Island. We hope all of you will have fun tonight. My name is Jung Yonghwa of FnC Band, leader/guitarist."

"Hello everyone. My name is Lee Hongki, main vocalist. So far this is our first time performing with a crowd as big as this. Thank you for coming and let's have fun!"

"Hello, my name is Lee Jonghyun, lead guitarist sub-vocal. Let's all have fun tonight!"

"My name is Lee Jaejin, bass guitarist. How are you tonight? I hope you're having fun like us!"

"I'm Choi Minhwan the youngest in the band and the drummer. Thank you for coming!"

As they were introducing and greeting, the boys sat down together and formed a semi circle with Minhwan in the middle and he sat on a cajun box drum. Jonghyun is now holding an acoustic guitar while Yonghwa holds on an electric one. Jaejin still has his bass and Hongki his mic.

"For our next song we will First Kiss." Yonghwa said and everyone shouted.

Yonghwa and Hongki alternately sang the verses. Hongki sang melody on the chorus and Yonghwa sang harmony. Everyone was swaying with the beat and those who knows the song sang with them. Yonghwa would always look at Seohyun who was sitting in the front with the rest of the girls everytime the word kissu is mentioned making his girlfriend blush. All throughout the song Jonghyun stared at Yoona who can't seem to look at her. Hongki as usual flirted with the crowd and Shinhye would always shake her head because everytime it happens the girls would scream. Jaejin would occasionally peek at Suzy while Minhwan keeps on winking at IU.

The first part for FnC Band was quite successful. Everyone in the crowd was having fun even the fans of Blue Island.

"Now everyone please give your applause to Blue Island!" Hongki shouted as they exit the stage and as Blue Island enters. The crowd went wild. Everyone was screaming. No one would doubt the groups popularity right then.

 

The first song they played was L.O.V.E. Girl. It was a great performance. Wonbin gave his all. He sang with his heart. Jonghoon showed them his killer guitar skills. He was also good with flirting. Seunghyun was being his funny self. Jungshin was just being his normal 4D self while Minhyuk gave everyone his "no eyes" smile. All in all it was a perfect performance. Even the boys from FnC Band were singing along at the backstage. No wonder they were popular.

For the next song, they played "Meeting." Seunghyun sang the first verse beautifully. Even if he's still lacking the maturity of Wonbin's voice his natural talent was full of charm that everyone felt the pain in his voice. When it was Wonbin's turn, because of the emotions he was able to show through his voice, a handful of girls cried all throughout the song.

Everyone gave them a standing ovation after they performed. It seems that the first round went to Blue Island.

 

At the backstage as Jaejin prepares for his intermission number, Yonghwa came up to him. "Are you really sure that you're performing the whole song? I know you have the voice and all but this will be your very first time to perform a whole song by yourself." He told Jaejin.

"I have to hyung. Suzy told me that I need to prove it to her. She dared me to do something I've never done before and this is it." Jaejin answered. Just then the twins and Minhwan joined them.

"Are you ready for your performance?" Jonghyun asked and Jaejin said, "I think so."

"Are you nervous?" Hongki asked and Jaejin nodded. "Just put your heart into the song. Sing as if you're telling your story and everything will be fine." Hongki advised and Jaejin smiled at him.

Then they were called by the coordinator and told them that Blue Island had finished their performance and it was now Jaejin's turn to sing.

Yonghwa who was also good with the keyboards joined Jaejin in the stage to serve as the accompanist. He then sat behind the keyboard and waited for Jaejin to signal him to start.

Jaejin smiled nervously to the audience and then he heard Shinhye, IU, Seohyun and Yoona shout "Fighting!" at the same time. Somehow it lessen his nervousness. "Good evening everyone. As you all know I'm just the sub-vocals in our group but tonight I will be singing a solo. I hope everyone will like it." Then he looked at Suzy meaningfully. The girls began to tease Suzy and Suzy gave him a very sweet smile.

Yonghwa began playing the intro of the song "Because I Don't Know How to Love." Every fan of FnC knew that it was one of Hongki's most touching songs. It was a big shoe to fill for Jaejin but he knew he needs to do this. He then remembered Hongki's advise and sang the song.

When the song ended, the hall was very silent. Then someone sob and then everyone began to cheer loudly. It seems that everyone was touched with his song and was able to relate with him. He then looked at the girls at the front who were all cheering wildly, well except for one who was staring at him with a lovely smile on her face. He then bowed to everyone and left the stage.

Backstage his brother's gave him a big hugs. "Yah! Don't be too good or I would lose my position in this band." Hongki told him.

"If I were Suzy I'd confess to you tonight." Minhwan said.

"You were really good. I'm so proud of you." Jonghyun told him.

 

Next on stage was Seunghyun. He sat behind the keyboards and played "Kiss the Rain." The fans were also silent all throughout the performance enjoying the sweet music the boy is producing with the organ. Seunghyun would look at Suzy from time to time checking if she's liking his performance. A big smile came to his face when he saw her close her eyes and swayed her head to the beat of the song.

 

After Seunghyun, Hongki went up to the stage. "Hello everyone. Are you all having fun?" He asked the audience and everyone shouted "YES!"

He then smiled and said, "I'm so happy to hear that. For our next song, I'm inviting my sister IU to join me here in the stage." Hongki then signalled for IU to join him and the girl ran up to the stage and stood beside her brother. "For our next song, I will do a duet with my sister here and later something special will happen. The song is entitled "Can't I Love You?" as sang by Changmin-ssi and Jinwoon-ssi who are both here tonight." He said and smiled mischievously to the crowd making them giggle and clapped their hands at the same time.

The song began to play. Hongki then began to sing with his sister.

Whenever I see you,
Whenever you smile for me
Little by little,
My feelings for you grew

When I think of you now,
When I picture you,
my beating heart doesn’t know how to stop

I can’t hide my feelings anymore
I want to give it all to you

I’m always close to you (next to you)
Can’t I love you?
This heart that wants to protect you more than anyone else,
Can you accept it?

To be the one that’s in your heart (in your heart),
Can’t I be that?
To be the most important person in your life,
Is what I want to be,
so quickly take my heart.

Just then the light on stage dimmed and a spotlight was focused on Jonghyun who was holding a dozen of red roses and a big bear. Everyone then went wild. Everyone was shouting. Hongki and IU smiled at each other and continued singing.

Everyday, because of my growing love for you
For the entire day,
I really can’t do anything at all.

Now it’s no secret
that my heart is filled with love for you

Jonghyun then walked towards Yoona. Shinhye and Suzy pushed Yoona in front of them.

I’m always close to you (next to you)
Can’t I love you?
This heart that wants to protect you more than anyone else,
Can you accept it?

Now Jonghyun was standing in front of Yoona. He gave her first the flowers. Shrieks were heard all throughout the hall. He then handed her the big bear.

To be the one that’s in your heart (in your heart),
Can’t I be that?
To be the most important person in your life,
Is what I want to be,
so quickly take my heart.

Please tell me now
that you know how I feel

Please understand my heart.

As soon as the song ended, Jonghyun fell on one of his knees and again everyone shout. "Everyone please be quiet. I believe my brother wants to say something." Hongki shouted through the mic and everyone turned silent.

"Im Yoona, I really love you will all my heart. I hope you will believe me now." Jonghyun said.

"Please believe him!" "How sweet. I wish someone as hot as him would confess to me too." "Girl he really loves you." Were some of the comments.

Yoona then began to tear up. Jonghyun stood up and wiped her tears. "I love you Yoona. I really do. Can you be my girlfriend?" He asked and finally Yoona nodded. Everyone clapped their hands and congratulated them. Though some were disappointed because another hot guy is out off the market.

 

Jonghoon witnessed everything that happened. He knew he should give up. He knew he lost this round. He then went on stage and played Canon with his guitar. He poured everything in it. All his frustrations and longing for the beautiful girl. When the song ended, the crowd went wild because it was a one of a kind performance. As he went backstage he came face to face with Jonghoon who's preparing for the last part of the concert.

"I admit defeat. Please take good care of her." Jonghoon said.

"I will." Jonghyun told him. And the two friends shook their hands.

 

"For the last part of the concert our group had prepared two songs. The first song is entitled "That Person from Shinsadong." It's a cover of the famous song from Miss Juhyun. We gave it our own arrangement and we hope you'd love it.

The song then started to play. Hongki sang with all his heart. He was able to impart the feelings needed by the song. It was the perfect piece for his voice. His emotions were overflowing. The girls checked the reaction from the audience. Some were crying, some were really sad. Some were singing with him and some just listened attentively.

The applause exploded as the song ended. Everyone inside the room cheered for them. It was one of the most happiest moment of the band so far.

"For the last song, we're going to play "Love Revolution." Everyone let's all have fun." Hongki shouted.

The song began to play and Hongki started to sing. Everyone danced to the music. some were even jumping. The boys on the stage gave their all on the last song. In the end they were very satisfied with the results of their performance.

 

For the last time that night Blue Island came up to the stage. The next song they played was a Japanese song that Wonbin composed titled "Soyogi." Even though it was in japanese, somehow the crowd were able to feel the emotions of the song. Wonbin and Seunghyun's voice blended perfectly.

For their last song, they sang "Sweet Holiday" a song that was composed my Minhyuk. Since it was one of their popular songs, everyone was singing with them.

In the end both bands went up to stage and thanked everyone that came. It was one successful night. Though they were asked for an encore, they declined since they don't know who would sing.

 

At the backstage, everyone was congratulating everyone. JYP went to Hongki and praised him for the wonderful rendition of the Shinsadong Person song. He was given a calling card if ever their band decided to debut officially. The boys thanked him. Then 2AM came up to them and congratulated Jonghyun with his new relationship.

In one of the rooms, Blue Island, FnC Band, the judges and the girls met. When the result were about to be revealed, Jaejin then stood up. "First of all forgive me for the interruption. But I really want to say that I'm not that interested in knowing who won because tonight was the best night of my life. Everyone gave their best and the result was excellent. Everyone won. Congratulations everyone."

Everyone then hugged everyone. Everyone was very happy. Then it was announced that Blue Island won that night but FnC didn't care for in their hearts, it was them who won.

 

Jaejin then went outside to get some fresh air. He was really happy that night. He was able to perform a solo and the band did great.

"Oppa." He heard someone said. He recognized the source and smiled. He then turned around and saw an angel walking towards him.

"Suzy. What are you doing here. It's cold." He said as he took off his jacket and wrapped it around her.

"I was looking for you oppa." Suzy said.

"Why?"

"Thank you for the song."

"It was nothing. Thank you for making me sing and face my fears."

"You were really good oppa."

"Am I? Were you impressed."

"Very. But I have a problem with it."

"What?"

"I don't like sharing my boyfriend with other girls. And after tonight for sure girls will flock around you. Would you still like me more than them?"

Jaejin then tried to process what Suzy just said. "You mean... you you you..."

"Oppa, I'd love to be your girlfriend." Suzy interrupted. Jaejin the shouted on top of his lungs. Then he hugged her tight. "Can I kiss you?" He asked and she nods.

 

"So, since we're now official, what do you want me to do for you?" Jonghyun asked Yoona.

"I want to go to school with you everyday. To go home together everyday. To eat lunch together everyday. To spend free times together and to share lots and lots of kisses everyday. Is it okay with you?" Yoona answered. Jonghyun smiled at her widely then said, "Can we do the last condition right now?" Yoona nodded then Jonghyun claimed her lips.

 

Shinhye then walked up to Hongki. "Hey, I have a boyfriend now." she told her best friend.

Hongki smiled at her. "I hope you'll be very happy. Does this mean he surpass me tonight?"

Shinhye then kissed him on his cheeks. "You're still the best vocalist in this world. But I really like him so I said yes even if you were better. But don't tell him that. That's our secret." She said. "By the way I need to go. He's waiting for me. Bye." Then she was gone.

Hongki then felt abandoned for some reason. He really can't understand himself lately.

 

*********************************

Sorry is this is one long chapter. I know it's messy but I hope you'd be able to picture the concert.

Why I chose the songs? Here are the reasons.

I'm A Loner: I love the way Hongki sang it in Sukira. It was also a way to somehow equalize Yonghwa and Hongki in terms of parts in the band.

First Kiss: I just love this song. I love the way Hongki sings it. Very sweet and very cute.

Shinsadong Person: This the winning piece that FTIsland performed in Immortal Song 2. It was such a good performance. Do check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

Love Revolution: It's one of the songs that I love from CNBlue. It has a very band sound and I think it fits FnC Band.

 

It gave me a hard time to look for songs for Blue Island since the main vocalists of FTI and CNB are both in FnC. But here are my reasons.

LOVE Girl: I just think Wonbin and the rest can pull it off since he's a great singer.

Meeting or Majoong: I love the Seunghyun sang it in the Hall Tours. Also I love the way Wonbin sang this with Hongki before.

Soyogi: Same reason as Meeting. Wonbin sang this one very nicely when he was still in FTI.

Sweet Holiday: Because Minhyuk wrote it.

 

I know some were very disappointed because I made Blue Island win. Well it's natural that they will win since they had the training and they're pro. But the boys got the girls and the offer from JYP.

 

Though it sounded as if it's done, well it's not. Hongki's love story and IU's are still not dealt with so. wait for it. Please write your reactions in the comment box if you have any questions about this chapter or if you would just like to comment.