Preparations and the Day Before the Showdown

The LEE Family

Every day after school, FnC boys would always go to their studio to practice for the showdown. They know that they are the ones at the disadvantage since they'll be facing off with a band that has debuted. A band that had formal training and a band that has been exposed to the public. They knew the only thing they can do is to enjoy what they love to do the most and maybe the audience will see their sincerity to their music.

They carefully chose the songs that they will perform. They chose those songs that will show their individual prowess and songs that they love to sing. The girls weren't allowed to attend their practices. Both bands have agreed to avoid the girls to avoid biased decisions in the end. Even IU was banned from their practices which made the younger girl very mad with her oppas.

It was agreed upon that FnC Band would have the whole day to practice on their concert venue the two days before the showdown while Blue Island will do it on the day before the showdown itself. As the group walked inside the hall where they were to perform, all of them gaped with awe with the place. It would be their first time to perform at a place like it. It was one of the most famous halls where famous people perform. Though it was smaller than the usual theaters, it promises more intimacy with the audience and they knew their chances just got better.

The boys practiced the whole day. They were very happy with the results of their practice. They even joked within themselves that they sounded professionals and Blue Island should run for their money. Since Hongki is the Lead Vocalist, he was only allowed once to perform with his 100% capabilities to conserve his voice.

The day ended and they all decided that the coming day would be spent to rest and to do some last minute preparations. Since the girls were allowed to talk to Blue Island on the day of FnC's dress rehearsal, they are also allowed to talk and to make their last peace with the girls on the day before the showdown.

The next day, Hongki spent his day in their house. He even made a tag hanging on his neck that says, "Don't talk to me today."

Jonghyun and Jaejin on the other hand went out of their house very early in the morning. A few minutes after the boys left their doorbell rang and Minhwan was on the other side of the door.


Jaejin nervously knocked on the door and then it was opened by Shinhye. "What on earth are you doing here Jaejin? Did something happened in your house?"

Jaejin then smiled at her. "Good morning noona. Can I see Suzy today?"

"Are you finally going to confess?" Shinhye asked as she happily shakes Jaejin.

"I think so. No, I am noona. So, can I talk to her? Can you call her out please?" Jaejin asked.

Shinhye then let him enter and asked him to sit down first. She then ran to Suzy's room and soon Jaejin heard shrieks from girls. Then footsteps were heard and soon there were girls by the stairs and everyone's looking at him. He nervously smiled at them as they were all wearing a silly smiles on their faces. Jaejin began to sweat profusely and the girls giggled.

After what seems like forever, a very beautiful girl appeared and walked towards him. Jaejin's heart began to pound loudly. It felt like it will fall out of his chest as she comes closer. She looked like an angel and when she smiled at him, he forgot how to breath.

"Hello oppa." Suzy finally said to him.

"Hi Suzy. Do you have any plans today?" Jaejin asked and the girl shook her head. Jaejin then smiled.

"Is it okay with you to go out with me today?" He asked.

"Where are we going oppa?" Suzy asked in return.

"Anywhere you want. I also want to talk to you about something. Maybe we will do that when we eat our lunch today. Is that okay with you?" He said and again the girl nodded.

As they were about to go out of the house, Shinhye shouted "Jaejin-ah fighting!"

 

Jonghyun went straight to Yoona's house after leaving home that morning. He rang the doorbell and Yoona immediately opened the door saying, "Did you forget..." then stopped midsentence when she realized that it was Jonghyun. "Oh it's just you." She then said and then she looked out of the house as if looking for someone.

"Are you expecting someone else?" He asked.

Yoona then looked at him and said, "Why are you here Lee Jonghyun?"

"You know, you only call me by my full name when you're mad at me and lately I often hear you calling me that." Jonghyun said.

"What do you want?" She asked him impatiently.

"I want to talk."

"About what?"

"About us."

"What about us? There's no us?"

"Do you really hate me that much?"

"I don't hate you. I just don't like you like before."

"Is that true?"

"Yes."

"What if I do this?" He then pulled her and kissed her fully on the mouth. At first Yoona struggled but Jonghyun was strong and he kept kissing her until she finally succumb to his kisses and finally kissed him back.

Since they were kissing openly outside her house, Jonghyun asked her in between kisses, "Where are your parents?" "They're not here." she answered. He then pushed her inside the house and led her to the sofa without breaking their kiss. Yoona then pushed him to sit and he then pulled her to sit on him. They continued to kiss more then Yoona abruptly stopped and stood up making him very confused.

Yoona then paced in front of him. She began to hit herself and Jonghyun immediately stopped her from hurting herself further. He then pulled her to a hug then he heard her say, "Why are you really here? Please don't confuse me anymore."

"I'm not here to confuse you. I'm here to make myself and my intentions clear. I love you."

"Please stop saying that. You're just saying this out of pity because you feel guilty and blame yourself with what had happened to me. It's not your fault. You don't have to take responsibility."

"That's not true. I have loved you even before that. I was just stupid because I didn't tell you about it. But please believe me I love you."

"No you don't. It's Jonghoon who loves me."

"You believe him?"

"Yes."

"Are you in love with him too?"

Yoona then freed herself from his embrace and turned her back on him. "I like him."

"But you don't love him because you love me." Jonghyun insisted. He then put his arms around Yoona and hugged her again. "You will never let me kiss you if you're not in love with me."

"Please stop." Yoona begged. Jonghyun immediately stopped and let her go.

"What can I do to prove to you that I really love you?" Jonghyun asked.

"I don't know." Then Yoona left him alone standing in the living room.

 

"Jieun-ah, can we go out?" Minhwan whispered to IU.

"What are you whispering there Minhwan?" Shouted Jangwoo. Minhwan immediately distanced himself from IU. "Nothing important hyung." He told the brother of IU.

"You kids better stay here where I can see you. Even if the twins and Jaejin trusts you, I don't." Jangwoo told Minhwan. Eunjung then appeared and kissed her husband. She then whispered something to him and her husband immediately smiled at her. She then pulled him away from his sister and her friend but before they were about to leave the room, Eunjung looked at Minhwan and winked at him. He then mouthed her thanks.

"So how are you?" Minhwan asked IU.

"Are you really asking me that question? We see each other everyday since we're classmates. You're still asking that?"

"But I didn't saw you yesterday. I've heard Jungshin hyung had taken you out on a date. Is it true?"

"Even if it's true or not, it doesn't matter because I'm not obliged to answer that question since you're not my boyfriend."

"Then be my girlfriend."

IU then stood up and looked at him. "You know what's wrong with you? You assume too much. Do you honestly think that since we're bestfriends you can order me to become your girlfriend?"

"But I'm not ordering you."

"You just did."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean too. I was just jealous. I don't like it when you go on dates with other boys."

"Shut up Minhwan. I didn't go out with Jungshin oppa. He just visited me here, just like this."

"Oppa? You call him oppa?"

"Of course. He's older than me."

"Don't call him oppa."

"Are you ordering me again."

Minhwan then cursed himself. "I'm not."

"Let's go. Buy me ice cream."

Minhwan then smiled at her. "Let's go."

 

Yonghwa finally had his date with his girl. He was so happy to finally see her and as soon as they met he asked Seohyun, "So what did you and Minhyuk do yesterday?" and Seohyun replied, "I missed you too oppa." She then kissed him but Yonghwa can't be diverted.

"Yah, answer my question first."

"Oppa, we kissed." Yonghwa then looked at her shocked, then she continued, "is that what you want me to tell you?" Yonghwa then sighed a relief.

"Of course not. I trust you but I don't trust him. But really what did you two did yesterday?"

"Nothing. I was home the whole day with my book. If you want I can give you a full report about the book I was reading."

"He didn't went to your house."

"He did but I told him I was busy so he left."

"Is this really true?"

"Oppa please let's not waste time talking about him. I missed you. We avoided each other for two weeks, I miss you too much."

"You really missed me?"

"Yes. How was your practice?"

"It was tiring but we had fun yesterday. The venue is great."

"Will I be impressed with you tomorrow?"

"You sure will."

 

Just then Hongki's bedroom door burst open. Shinhye went in. Seeing Hongki lying in his bed, she told him to scoot over and when he did, she lied down beside him. He then took a pencil and a paper and wrote, "What are you doing here?"

"Everyone's busy. I don't have anyone to spend my day." Shinhye answered. Hongki then looked at her with pouted lips and she pouted back. He then offered his arm and she used it as her pillow. Then suddenly she sat up and smiled at him. He then wrote, "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Someone asked me out yesterday?" She said.

"Who?" He wrote.

"Oh Won Bin." She said emphasizing each word. He then looked at her shocked. She mimicked him then hit him. "Yah Lee Hongki, is it that hard to believe that someone would ask me out?" she asked and he nodded. She again hit him. He then cried out, "OUCH!"

"You're not supposed to talk remember?" She told him and he shut up.

"Did you say yes?" Hongki hurriedly wrote.

"Nope. I told him, he needs to impress me first tomorrow. I told him he needs to surpass your performance tomorrow before I can finally go out with him." She told him.

"And why would say that? He might think you're in love with me." Hongki then said out loud.

"Sshhhhhh. Don't talk." Shinhye ordered him.  "You have to promise me to do your best tomorrow."

"Don't you want to go out with him?" Hongki asked.

"Quite the opposite. I want you to do your best tomorrow so he'll exert more effort to perform for me. That would be really sweet don't you think?" She said dreamily. Hongki again felt weird for some reason but decided to brush it off.

"He'll have to exert double effort to surpass me tomorrow." He said. Then he lied down again. Shinhye lied down beside him using his arms as pillows. He went back to listening to his music while Shinhye took the book from her bag and began reading it.

Just then Eunjung passed by Hongki's room and saw the two. She then went to find her husband and when she saw him she asked, "Yeobo, don't you think it would be fun to see Hongki and Shinhye dating?"

"Hongki and Shinhye?" Jangwoo asked and his wife nodded. "When that happens, I  will be the happiest person in the world."

"You like her that much ha?"

"I love her. I've been trying to pair them up since they were kids but it just never happens."

"What do you think is the problem? Why don't they develop feelings for each other." Eunjung asked.

"They grew up together. They know everything about each other. They treat each other as siblings plus Hongki likes girly girls and Shinhye's a tomboy. "

"But you know Yeobo, I think in the end, those two will end up together. I just feel it in my guts."

 

*******************************

I know I know I said I will write about the Showdown next. But something happened as I begin to write this chapter. The words just flew out of my fingers and went inside the computer. I'm sorry to those waiting for the showdown. But don't worry, the songs are already set. Both FnC and Blue Island will sing songs of FTIsland and CNBlue. I thought hard about the songs, thinking if this particular song will match the vocalist's voice. I hope you will like them. I promise next chapter will be the showdown. I just wanted to have the couples to have some interactions. A peek on their relationships. I hope you guys will like this chapter. As for Jonghyun-Yoona shippers, sorry if it's a bit angsty right now but they did kiss a lot in this chapter so I guess it's okay too. Hehehehe.

I hope you guys will like the pairings because I love them hehehehe. Thank you to everyone who commented and subscribed. Please comment on this chapter too. See you soon guys. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see...