one

Love at first sight
 

I was focusing in class as always, until the moment he stepped in the class and looked at my direction. Our lecture hall isn’t big, very little people joined our course that’s why. He came in and we made eye contact, from the front door all the way to the other corner of the class where I’m sited at. The moment our eyes came in contact, I felt a strong connection towards him. The professor said something, but I couldn’t hear a single word he said. I was too focused on that new boy. Breaking our staring contest, I took a good look at him with my perfect eye sight. His medium sized eyes, tiny nose, small head, beautiful lips, perfect jawline. He had a faux hawk that’s bleached blonde with hints of black at the roots of his hair. The way he dressed himself, casual yet stylish, a black belt over a red and white chequer long sleeved shirt that have a blue collar, a pair of light denim jeans and a pair of cherry-red Dr. Martens. Unknowingly, I mouthed out the word “perfect” silently. He must have caught me and then threw me a smirk. Sending shivers down my spine, “My name is Kwon JiYong, Korean.” He said as he bowed to the class. Although he was from Korea, there wasn’t a hint of Korean accent as he spoke. It sounded like perfect English.

The class continued the next thing I realized he was coming towards me. The closer he got, the more anxious I got. Swiftly, he took a seat beside me. I was still staring at him, forgetting about the lesson. He leaned closer to me, face inches away. Quickly shutting my eyes thinking something was going to happen. But for a while nothing happened, so I opened one of them. He let out a soft chuckle and whispered, “I would never kiss anyone like you, don’t worry.” As he whispers, his hot breath was hitting my lips, making the hair at the back of my neck stand. I can’t help but stare at his perfect features. I don’t understand why and how I can be so attracted to one person.

 I didn’t like the fact that his presence made my head spin and stomach churn. My chest was tight and I feel like I could hardly even breathe. My insides felt like they are being turned upside down. My heart is pounding on my ribcage so hard it’s as though it wants to escape from my body. I started to break into cold sweat. “Hey you okay?” He asked with a warm and concern voice. It’s soothing to hear his voice; it feels like I could put it on repeat every day and never get sick of it. I simply nodded, unknowingly I was getting shy around him, and this is unlike me. I craved for his voice, I want to talk to him, and I want to get to know him more. I was squeezing my brain for something to talk to him about.

I am a hardworking student according to all my teachers. But somehow that day, I can’t seem to focus. I kept finding myself stealing glances at him. He smirked and said “Stop staring. Focus.” I swallowed my saliva hard and looked down. I was embarrassed.

He turned and look at me, “Miss, how can I help you?”

I was lost of words.

“Miss?” He repeated himself.

All I could do was stare into his dark chocolate eyes that seem to be shinning, I realized how long his eyelashes were. When I look down, his lips were tempting; they made me want to place my lips on it and just make out. "My name is Cassandra Kerr." Unknowingly, I cupped his face and starred deep into his eyes. He was shocked at our sudden skin ship. He held my hand and we pull in closer. Our face was getting closer by the minute, soon his hot breath was once again hitting against my lips. If any one of us move a little, our lips will touch. I closed my eyes and our soft lips crushed. He took my first peck. 

I felt like I was on top of the world. My stomach was tingling. My chest hurts but it feels good. I wanted more, more than just a peck. I’m such a greedy girl. He is like a North Pole and I’m the South. We’re attracted to one another right when we meet.

Is this what people called love? Is this what love does to you? If so, I’m in love with him, I’m in love with Kwon JiYong.