Alternative Ending

Be Careful What You Wish For

Their watches began counting down for them, a voice telling them just exactly how much time they had together.
000:00:10
“Shut up, Minseok! Shut up! Why are you so stupid?”
000:00:09
“Because you deserve to live!”
000:00:08
“Why would you be willing to leave me alone!?”
000:00:07
“Jongdae, stop pulling on it. It's not going to come off!”
000:00:06
Ignoring Minseok's words, Jongdae was still trying to save the man underneath him, pulling until his fingers where white.
000:00:05
Jongdae's tears fell onto Minseok's cheeks. He didn't move to wipe them away.
000:00:04
Minseok wrapped his arms tightly around the sobbing Jongdae, trying to calm him down.
000:00:03
“I'm sorry.”
000:00:02
“I'm so sorry.”
000:00:01
 

A high-pitched sound rang through Jongdae's ears and he pulled away, using his hands to try and block out the noise. When it stopped, it was replaced by a gurgling noise. He felt his heart stop and he looked down to see Minseok, choking on his own blood as spikes pierced his neck.
“No! Minseok!” He grabbed Minseok's hand, hoping that the other boy wouldn't die, even if he knew that was impossible.
Minseok stared at him with wide eyes, weakly squeezing his hand, before his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and his arm dropped.
“Minseok! Wake up! You can't ing die!”
Jongdae began to sob harder, throwing his body over Minseok's dead one, not caring that he was getting covered in blood. He pressed his mouth on Minseok's, wishing that he could feel himself being kissed back.
He doesn't know how long he stayed like that. He didn't really want to go anywhere else. He just wanted to be dead, just like Minseok was. He didn't deserve to be alive. Jongdae was nothing.
Jongdae cried and cried and cried, tears blurring his vision as he held onto Minseok's cold hands.
He heard a door open, scared. When he saw Jinki emerging, he immediately stood up, standing in front of Minseok.
“You said we had a ing chance!” Jongdae yelled.
“I know.”
“You lied to me,” Jongdae said through gritted teeth. “You said we could both survive. You ing lied to me.” Jinki remained quiet, beginning to step forward. “Don't come any closer. This is your fault.”
“I know. I'm sorry.”
“ you. you!” Jongdae screamed before collapsing into another round of sobs.
He felt Jinki wrap his arms around him and being too tired to protest, he let the other boy stay.
“Why wasn't it me?”
“Because,” Jinki said, “He loved you too much.

***


It's been five years since Jongdae was let out of the maze, forced to leave Minseok's decaying body behind. His life had never gotten better and he was still ed up from the experiences he had that week.
When he returned to school, Jonghyun had bombarded him with questions, wondering where he was. Jonghyun had said that Luhan had come over countless of times asking where Minseok was. Jongdae didn't respond, instead going to grab his suitcase and pack up all of his stuff. Jonghyun asked why he was leaving, wanting to know what had happened when he was gone, but Jongdae didn't say anything. Jongdae didn't say anything to anyone as he left his dorm, leaving the campus and getting into a taxi to take him to a shady hotel somewhere.
His family tried many times to convince him to come home, but Jongdae couldn't find it in him to listen to them. How would they react if they found out what Jongdae had been through? If they knew that Jongdae had let Minseok die. They wouldn't want him in their house after that.
It was tough, honestly, going about his normal life after that. He had dropped out of college so had to take up multiple part time jobs just to pay the bills of his rat infested apartment. Jongdae hated it and wanted nothing more than to end his life multiple times but he couldn't. He wouldn't. Minseok had died so he could live and there was no way he would let the other boy down.
To say that Jongdae missed Minseok was an understatement. Jongdae could feel the sadness etched into his bones, Minseok's memory never leaving his mind once throughout the years.
But today was even worse. Today, Jongdae didn't even bother going to any of his jobs, deciding that staying home and drinking away the day was the best option.
Today was the anniversary of Minseok's death and Jongdae ing hated it.
The day was almost over for Jongdae, knowing he would soon pass out from the amount of alcohol he had consumed. But the day was never complete unless a certain someone paid Jongdae an unwanted visit.
He watched the clock tick away the seconds, waiting for that knock on the door to come and for him to get things over with.
It came ten minutes later and Jongdae stood up from his spot on the couch, stumbling over to his front door. He swung it open, coming face to face with the man that had started this all.
“Hey, Jinki.”
“I see you started early this year, Jongdae.”
Jongdae growled but stepped aside, letting Jinki into his house. Jinki had seen this part of Jongdae before, visiting the latter every year on this exact day. Jinki had taken to leaving a few messages for Jongdae throughout the year but he usually never visited him in person.
Jongdae takes his spot back on the couch, grabbing the bottle of vodka from the floor. “Do you want some?” He asked, offering the bottle to Jinki.
“No thanks. One of us needs to be sober this year. We don't a repeat of last year.”
Jongdae grumbled but put the bottle down. He placed his head in his hand, feeling the tears coming on.
“This isn't what I wanted, Jinki.”
“I know. But it's what you got.”
Jongdae raised his head, looking at Jinki with watery eyes. “Can you-Can you help me?”
The other boy smiled down at Jongdae, nodding his head. Jinki placed himself in Jongdae's lap, wrapping his arms around the latter's neck. He began kissing the side of his neck. “Let me help you forget.”
Jongdae nodded. He let Jinki remove his shirt and as soon as he felt a mouth attached to his chest, any thought of Minseok had left Jongdae's head. 
 


Hi there! So tbh this is what the ending was actually supposed to be but my friend yelled at me so I changed it lolol. Anyway here I decided to put this here so you guys can choose whichever you want and stuff and okay bye i hope you enjoyed :)